Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.

Which old song is "Harvester of Souls" ?

1. Battlefield
3
38%
2. Under the Ice
1
13%
3. Punishment Divine
1
13%
4. The Soulforged
1
13%
5. Otherland
0
No votes
6. Road Of No Release
0
No votes
7. The Prophecies
0
No votes
8. And the Story Ends
1
13%
9. Precious Jerusalem
0
No votes
10. The Script for My Requiem
0
No votes
11. Theatre of Pain
0
No votes
13. At The Edge Of Time
1
13%
 
Total votes: 8

Message
Author
priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#201 Post by priderock » 08 Jul 2019 22:29

Guardian'86 wrote:
08 Jul 2019 20:54
November 1st, confirmed !! Directly from the nuclear blast official website. The news about the cover artwork.
https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/mu ... -news.html

Considering that the pre-sale will start on july 19th, I guess they'll announce all the remaining details within this date !
Yes, I also hope to see the tracklist :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#202 Post by priderock » 09 Jul 2019 17:05

The release date is officially changed to 8th November. But who cares, since we'll have pre-orders next week :twisted:

Guardian'86
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#203 Post by Guardian'86 » 09 Jul 2019 20:30

priderock wrote:
09 Jul 2019 17:05
The release date is officially changed to 8th November. But who cares, since we'll have pre-orders next week :twisted:
Where did you read it? When Blind Guardian announced the cover artwork today they said that the album will be released on november 1st, and nuclar blast too with the yesterday's announcement...

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#204 Post by priderock » 10 Jul 2019 05:04

Guardian'86 wrote:
09 Jul 2019 20:30
priderock wrote:
09 Jul 2019 17:05
The release date is officially changed to 8th November. But who cares, since we'll have pre-orders next week :twisted:
Where did you read it? When Blind Guardian announced the cover artwork today they said that the album will be released on november 1st, and nuclar blast too with the yesterday's announcement...
https://media.nuclearblast.de/shoplandi ... lands.html ;)

Guardian'86
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#205 Post by Guardian'86 » 10 Jul 2019 11:27

priderock wrote:
10 Jul 2019 05:04
Guardian'86 wrote:
09 Jul 2019 20:30
priderock wrote:
09 Jul 2019 17:05
The release date is officially changed to 8th November. But who cares, since we'll have pre-orders next week :twisted:
Where did you read it? When Blind Guardian announced the cover artwork today they said that the album will be released on november 1st, and nuclar blast too with the yesterday's announcement...
https://media.nuclearblast.de/shoplandi ... lands.html ;)
Oh, I hope this is definitely the release date...!!!

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#206 Post by Dragonfly » 13 Jul 2019 23:41

If you look at the upcoming releases section though, you get 1 November: https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/mu ... index.html
Still, seven days won't make that much of a difference I think. Five days until pre-orders start!
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies


priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#208 Post by priderock » 19 Jul 2019 07:13

And this time we have overture, comets, prophecies, dark clouds, underworld, great wars, coronation and so on... Right now I'm writing this with tears in my eyes... My body is ready for it, but even reading the names of the songs I know that this will be the climax in their career and also for me as a listener... Nothing will ever top this... An era has come to an end... :cry: :cry: :cry:
But right now, I'm ready for the pre-orders... :D

Guardian'86
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#209 Post by Guardian'86 » 19 Jul 2019 08:13

Today the pre-orders should start as announced last week with the revelation of the cover artwork, so Blind Guardian should announce the remaining details of the album today....but everything is possibile...

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#210 Post by priderock » 19 Jul 2019 08:20

Guardian'86 wrote:
19 Jul 2019 08:13
Today the pre-orders should start as announced last week with the revelation of the cover artwork, so Blind Guardian should announce the remaining details of the album today....but everything is possibile...
I doubt that we'll get something more today. just the different editions... We already have the artwork, the song names and we just have to make our pre-orders... The song durations is something that is too early to be revealed I think. For BTRM it was revealed far later.

Guardian'86
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#211 Post by Guardian'86 » 19 Jul 2019 09:17

priderock wrote:
19 Jul 2019 08:20
Guardian'86 wrote:
19 Jul 2019 08:13
Today the pre-orders should start as announced last week with the revelation of the cover artwork, so Blind Guardian should announce the remaining details of the album today....but everything is possibile...
I doubt that we'll get something more today. just the different editions... We already have the artwork, the song names and we just have to make our pre-orders... The song durations is something that is too early to be revealed I think. For BTRM it was revealed far later.
They didn't announce yet the tracklist and so all songs name...

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#212 Post by priderock » 19 Jul 2019 09:22

Guardian'86 wrote:
19 Jul 2019 09:17
priderock wrote:
19 Jul 2019 08:20
Guardian'86 wrote:
19 Jul 2019 08:13
Today the pre-orders should start as announced last week with the revelation of the cover artwork, so Blind Guardian should announce the remaining details of the album today....but everything is possibile...
I doubt that we'll get something more today. just the different editions... We already have the artwork, the song names and we just have to make our pre-orders... The song durations is something that is too early to be revealed I think. For BTRM it was revealed far later.
They didn't announce yet the tracklist and so all songs name...
It's revealed on Amazon. Didn't you see it yet? I'm just waiting for the pre-orders on Nuclear Blast at the moment.
Last edited by priderock on 19 Jul 2019 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Max
Posts: 110
Joined: 29 Apr 2015 12:51
Location: Berlin

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#213 Post by Max » 19 Jul 2019 09:22

Its there !!!

My Precious !

https://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/produc ... port-.html

Legendary Earbook:
Deluxe Comic books includes 4 CDs (album, instrumental version, "No interludes" version and the audiobook) + certificate

Tracklist:

Album CD
01. 1618 Ouverture
02. The Gathering
03. War Feeds War
04. Comets And Prophecies
05. Dark Cloud’s Rising
06. The Ritual
07. In The Underworld
08. A Secret Society
09. The Great Ordeal
10. Bez
11. In The Red Dwarf’s Tower
12. Into The Battle
13. Treason
14. Between The Realms
15. Point Of No Return
16. The White Horseman
17. Nephilim
18. Trial And Coronation
19. Harvester Of Souls
20. Conquest Is Over
21. This Storm
22. The Great Assault
23. Beyond The Wall
24. A New Beginning
Instrumental CD
01. 1618 Ouverture
02. War Feeds War
03. Dark Cloud’s Rising
04. In The Underworld
05. The Great Ordeal
06. In The Red Dwarf’s Tower
07. Treason
08. Point Of No Return
09. Nephilim
10. Harvester Of Souls
11. This Storm
12. Beyond The Wall
No Interludes CD
01. 1618 Ouverture
02. War Feeds War
03. Dark Cloud’s Rising
04. In The Underworld
05. The Great Ordeal
06. In The Red Dwarf’s Tower
07. Treason
08. Point Of No Return
09. Nephilim
10. Harvester Of Souls
11. This Storm
12. Beyond The Wall
Audiobook CD
01. Legacy Of The Dark Lands
02. The Four Horsemen (Book Of Revelation)
03. The Gathering
04. Comets And Prophecies
05. The Ritual
06. Lucifer
07. A Secret Society
08. Bez
09. All Doors Are Closed
10. Choice, There Is No Choice
11. Into The Battle
12. Between The Realms
13. Infernal Court
14. The White Horseman
15. Trial And Coronation
16. Conquest Is Over Part 1
17. Conquest Is Over Part 2
18. The Great Assault
19. A New Beginning
20. Legacy Of The Dark Lands
Follow the blind
Your journey, your last hope, it can begin
These passing dreams were real no fantasy
There are more things than we know
Come take my hand

Guardian'86
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#214 Post by Guardian'86 » 19 Jul 2019 09:32

Generally The Band announce the tracklist...before the cover artwork....so maybe that this tracklist appeared today on Amazon and nuclear blast....so today Blind Guardian could announce it today especially if pre-orders start today.


priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#216 Post by priderock » 19 Jul 2019 22:56

This song "Point of no return" seems to have my already favourite chorus part(if that's the chorus)... :twisted: :D
Can't even describe how I feel after hearing it for like thousands of time already... It reminds me of the chorus of "At the edge of time", but with even more classical sounding and even bigger...

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#217 Post by Dragonfly » 27 Jul 2019 23:49

In the meantime, song lengths have arrived on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/music/alb ... cmf7wwaiwy

1 1618 Ouverture 2:37
2 The Gathering 1:22
3 War Feeds War 5:05
4 Comets and Prophecies 1:12
5 Dark Cloud's Rising 5:12
6 The Ritual 0:52
7 In the Underworld 5:50
8 A Secret Society 0:25
9 The Great Ordeal 4:55
10 Bez 0:22
11 In the Red Dwarf's Tower 7:03
12 Into the Battle 0:26
13 Treason 4:21
14 Between the Realms 0:48
15 Point of No Return 6:37
16 The White Horseman 0:50
17 Nephilim 5:06
18 Trial and Coronation 0:27
19 Harvester of Souls 7:17
20 Conquest Is Over 1:21
21 This Storm 4:47
22 The Great Assault 0:27
23 Beyond the Wall 7:07
24 A New Beginning 0:47

Instrumental CD

1 1618 Ouverture (Instrumental) 2:59
2 War Feeds War (Instrumental) 5:09
3 Dark Cloud's Rising (Instrumental) 5:15
4 In the Underworld (Instrumental) 5:54
5 The Great Ordeal (Instrumental) 5:02
6 In the Red Dwarf's Tower (Instrumental) 7:08
7 Treason (Instrumental) 4:27
8 Point of No Return (Instrumental) 6:38
9 Nephilim (Instrumental) 5:08
10 Harvester of Souls (Instrumental) 7:21
11 This Storm (Instrumental) 4:49
12 Beyond the Wall (Instrumental) 7:11

It's great that though the songs are deprived of the metal parts this time, they are still quite hefty - not 3-4 minutes, and several are 7 minutes long, which I like.
And it's a long album - if I calculated stuff properly, the actual songs amount to about 66 minutes of music, and the whole record with interludes is 75 minutes long! And on top of that, there's also the instrumental CD and extra stuff on deluxe editions...
Also, I have a feeling that "War Feeds War" will be the single.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#218 Post by priderock » 28 Jul 2019 01:24

Great info!!! Thanks for sharing it. But how did you see it. When I click on the link, I don't see any lengths :/

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#219 Post by Dragonfly » 29 Jul 2019 00:17

priderock wrote:
28 Jul 2019 01:24
Great info!!! Thanks for sharing it. But how did you see it. When I click on the link, I don't see any lengths :/
Really? That is weird. I can see everything just fine.
Image
Also I found out that if you google "Legacy of the Dark Lands tracks" it will give you tracklist with durations as well.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
JazzJackrabbit
Posts: 126
Joined: 25 Nov 2014 18:21
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#220 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 29 Jul 2019 16:11

Still no digipak listing on the North America store. What's the deal?? :angry:

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#221 Post by Dragonfly » 29 Jul 2019 20:47

JazzJackrabbit wrote:
29 Jul 2019 16:11
Still no digipak listing on the North America store. What's the deal?? :angry:
I think you should try and contact them, that doesn't look normal.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#222 Post by priderock » 30 Jul 2019 09:10

Just made a poll about which old song is actually "Harvester of Souls" :twisted:
It's time for guesses and prophecies

Guardian'86
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#223 Post by Guardian'86 » 30 Jul 2019 22:56

The orchestral album "Legacy Of The Dark Lands" is all about new songs with lyrical concept based on the novel of markus heitz. It's not a ri-edition of old songs neither in terms of music. It's all magic....epic....mind-blowing!! Any band has ever done an album like this !! So I can't do any answer at this poll ....with all respect 8) 8)

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#224 Post by priderock » 31 Jul 2019 05:24

Guardian'86 wrote:
30 Jul 2019 22:56
The orchestral album "Legacy Of The Dark Lands" is all about new songs with lyrical concept based on the novel of markus heitz. It's not a ri-edition of old songs neither in terms of music. It's all magic....epic....mind-blowing!! Any band has ever done an album like this !! So I can't do any answer at this poll ....with all respect 8) 8)
I know that :D But "Harvester of Souls" is an old song which was originally composed for orchestra, but then Andre dreamt it in a metal version, so that's why it was previously released. In this album, the song will have additional parts and will release it's full grandeour. All other compositions are completely new. What we know is that it is no song from NIME and no ATTWS. All of this was said by Hansi ;)

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#225 Post by Dragonfly » 31 Jul 2019 12:03

priderock wrote:
31 Jul 2019 05:24
Guardian'86 wrote:
30 Jul 2019 22:56
The orchestral album "Legacy Of The Dark Lands" is all about new songs with lyrical concept based on the novel of markus heitz. It's not a ri-edition of old songs neither in terms of music. It's all magic....epic....mind-blowing!! Any band has ever done an album like this !! So I can't do any answer at this poll ....with all respect 8) 8)
I know that :D But "Harvester of Souls" is an old song which was originally composed for orchestra, but then Andre dreamt it in a metal version, so that's why it was previously released. In this album, the song will have additional parts and will release it's full grandeour. All other compositions are completely new. What we know is that it is no song from NIME and no ATTWS. All of this was said by Hansi ;)
And that it's not "Bright Eyes" or "Mordred's Song" either, as also evidenced by Hansi.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Guardian'86
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#226 Post by Guardian'86 » 31 Jul 2019 18:37

priderock wrote:
31 Jul 2019 05:24
Guardian'86 wrote:
30 Jul 2019 22:56
The orchestral album "Legacy Of The Dark Lands" is all about new songs with lyrical concept based on the novel of markus heitz. It's not a ri-edition of old songs neither in terms of music. It's all magic....epic....mind-blowing!! Any band has ever done an album like this !! So I can't do any answer at this poll ....with all respect 8) 8)
I know that :D But "Harvester of Souls" is an old song which was originally composed for orchestra, but then Andre dreamt it in a metal version, so that's why it was previously released. In this album, the song will have additional parts and will release it's full grandeour. All other compositions are completely new. What we know is that it is no song from NIME and no ATTWS. All of this was said by Hansi ;)
Oh God, I had forgotten this !!! Even if Hansi said that only some verses of one song are referred to an old song...

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1074
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#227 Post by Traveller in Time » 04 Aug 2019 14:20

Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#228 Post by priderock » 04 Aug 2019 18:47

Great, but what does part 1 means :?

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1074
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#229 Post by Traveller in Time » 05 Aug 2019 21:13

I guess it is the comic which comes along, maybe a prequel like the book?

did Hansi not say that they have stuff for two other albums? :D
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Quarzstufenhyäne
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Feb 2015 11:54
Location: Dresden, Germany

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#230 Post by Quarzstufenhyäne » 08 Aug 2019 21:14

Is there any information on the audiobook? Will it be just the spoken parts or additional material?

I've yet to decide whether to buy the normal LP or the limited boxset. Might as well buy the latter just because it is limited :lol:

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#231 Post by Dragonfly » 08 Aug 2019 21:42

Nuclear Blast updated the digipak picture (or, in other words, no better news). The second CD I like way more.
Image
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#232 Post by priderock » 09 Aug 2019 08:07

Personally, I'll buy the CD just because for my collection. But here's where the interesting part comes for me :D :D :D
The artwork this time is just top notch... :twisted:

Image

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#233 Post by Dragonfly » 09 Aug 2019 13:54

Cool! Though I'm not a fan of the main artwork this time. But at least it's not Machado all over again.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1074
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#234 Post by Traveller in Time » 10 Aug 2019 17:43

nice! :D

Do you think (if you read the book) if the woman on the horse could be Aenlin?
I guess not, she has black hair.
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#235 Post by priderock » 10 Aug 2019 18:55

Traveller in Time wrote:
10 Aug 2019 17:43
nice! :D

Do you think (if you read the book) if the woman on the horse could be Aenlin?
I guess not, she has black hair.
Blessed are you :D No, since the book is only in german, I'm not able to read it, but if in the next 3 months you have some time to explain with a few words the story, I would be really happy and thankfull. Btw, as far as I can see, we are going to get an audio version of the sequence of the "Die dunken lande" in the bonus editions. The audio book seems to be the exact story on which the album is actually based :?:

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1074
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#236 Post by Traveller in Time » 10 Aug 2019 22:39

well i can give you a short summary if you wish, maybe via pm to not spoil the story for others. But i heard a translation of the book should come out before the BG release.
If you like fantasy-horror stories it is worth to wait.
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1074
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#237 Post by Traveller in Time » 10 Aug 2019 23:00

and here we go, the first 250 world wide limited vinyl editions.
Maybe only available in the US?

Legacy of the dark lands vinyl Orange/green swirl

Legacy of the dark lands vinyl Orange/yellow splatter
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#238 Post by priderock » 11 Aug 2019 00:43

Traveller in Time wrote:
10 Aug 2019 23:00
and here we go, the first 250 world wide limited vinyl editions.
Maybe only available in the US?

Legacy of the dark lands vinyl Orange/green swirl

Legacy of the dark lands vinyl Orange/yellow splatter
Image

Yes, just ordered this beauty yesterday. I'm not really sure if it's going to be available in Europe, so that's why I bought it from US, even that the price is higher due to the shipping :oops:
I skipped the orange one, since I'm not really sure that these bright and happy colors are good for the atmosphere of such a dark and majestic album.

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#239 Post by priderock » 20 Aug 2019 19:30

"The pre-orders for the app will start on September 6th" - this is the response I received from nuclearblast about the "single". I'm not sure what does this means exactly. So, I asked if it's going to be available on physical copy, too. Personally, I won't listen to the single, since I want to hear the whole album at once this time, but I'm gonna buy it anyway :)

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#240 Post by Dragonfly » 20 Aug 2019 22:48

App? LIke application? What does that have to do with a single? :?: So we will have to wait a bit longer... though I wasn't going to listen to it either. I have tried several times now to wait until an album arrives to me without spoiling anything prior, but I always failed, sooner or later (the closest I got was with Dream Theater's new album). This time, however, I am all determined to wait until November or more, if such my fate be.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#241 Post by priderock » 21 Aug 2019 05:58

I think they meant this one :https://fpt.fm/app/21472/pre-save-legac ... -orchestra

Anyway, I agree with you, I was also close, but never did it. This time on the other hand, I can wait. I've being waititng for this album for the past 10 years, so 2 more months is like nothing compared to this :D At the same time, being able to hear an album(especially this one) without any spoilers would be once in a life time!!!

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1074
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#242 Post by Traveller in Time » 21 Aug 2019 20:29

Can you hear it? Time is ticking! November 8, 2019 is set to be the day of days.
We are only a few weeks away from the release of „Legacy of the Dark Lands“. Just a few more weeks and the album will be yours! You will finally be able to grasp an idea of what we’ve been talking about for the last 20 years. Of course, we are extremely excited. There has been so much passion and love from everyone involved in this fantastic project, it’s quite unbelievable. I’m sure you will enjoy every second of this album, and there will be no arguing afterwards; this is an absolute unique album. You’d better make sure you get the version most suitable for you!
Nuclear Blast has set up a bunch of beautiful configurations which will accommodate our music perfectly. Everyone involved in this project has been working hard to make sure that everything is set up in the best possible way, and also to make sure that our November release date can be kept in any case. I want to thank everybody for this very impressive show of support.
Still some things are unavoidable. Due to a delay in the finalization of the comic book, caused by unforeseen private circumstances, we’ve finally decided to give up the idea of the comic and its related configurations. Instead we will go for a very special Earbook version, similar to what we did for our last output „Beyond the Red Mirror“. The Earbook looks nothing but stunning and we are more than pleased with it.
NB already mailed that price stays the same....
So Mr. Kürsch, you owe us something... how about a live album of D&W tour? :wink:
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#243 Post by Dragonfly » 21 Aug 2019 20:35

priderock wrote:
21 Aug 2019 05:58
I think they meant this one :https://fpt.fm/app/21472/pre-save-legac ... -orchestra

Anyway, I agree with you, I was also close, but never did it. This time on the other hand, I can wait. I've being waititng for this album for the past 10 years, so 2 more months is like nothing compared to this :D At the same time, being able to hear an album(especially this one) without any spoilers would be once in a life time!!!
Okay, I see it!

Yes, exactly! Refrain from listening until you get the whole thing! I didn't even watch the first trailer they released a month ago (already??). Though it will be interesting to see other people's opinions when a new song is dropped. I am curious to see how the so-called 'metal community' will accept such an album...
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock
Posts: 333
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#244 Post by priderock » 21 Aug 2019 21:10

Dragonfly wrote:
21 Aug 2019 20:35
priderock wrote:
21 Aug 2019 05:58
I think they meant this one :https://fpt.fm/app/21472/pre-save-legac ... -orchestra

Anyway, I agree with you, I was also close, but never did it. This time on the other hand, I can wait. I've being waititng for this album for the past 10 years, so 2 more months is like nothing compared to this :D At the same time, being able to hear an album(especially this one) without any spoilers would be once in a life time!!!
Okay, I see it!

Yes, exactly! Refrain from listening until you get the whole thing! I didn't even watch the first trailer they released a month ago (already??). Though it will be interesting to see other people's opinions when a new song is dropped. I am curious to see how the so-called 'metal community' will accept such an album...
Just asked Nuclear Blast today. On 6th September the pre-orders for the physical copy will drop on their site. Anyway, I won't listen to it. As for the way the "metal community" will react to this album - personally, I think that everyone should bow down before the majesty and quality of this album. In the first trailer there are 5 secs from a song called "Point of no Return"(most probably) and even those 5 seconds sounds bigger than everything I have ever heard... I mean, even those 5 seconds already topped my HIGH expectations for this album... If the rest of the album bears this quality, then we're about to receive something that can easily top everything ever created...

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#245 Post by Dragonfly » 22 Aug 2019 20:29

We'll see about that, but at least I'm quite optimistic!
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Guardian'86
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#246 Post by Guardian'86 » 25 Aug 2019 17:11

All lyrics of the songs and the lyrical concept have been written and composed during the last 5-6 years....but first of all the music and so the orchestral parts.....but if I well remember in 2016 the whole concept has been re-written since they based the whole opera about the opera of markus heitz and so the sequel (legacy of the Dark lands) has lyrics based on the book "die dunkle lande" and Hansi recorded all of the vocals between late 2017 and mostly all 2018....just to make a recognition.... am I right? :mrgreen:

Anyway 75 days left....I will pre-order mine very soon....!!!

User avatar
Wizard's Crown
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2014 16:06

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#247 Post by Wizard's Crown » 25 Aug 2019 18:41

Hey boyz and girlz what's up? stupid question here but..where do i preorder the vinyl edition of the album?
I ll appreciate the help! thank you!

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1074
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#248 Post by Traveller in Time » 26 Aug 2019 21:15

Wizard's Crown wrote:
25 Aug 2019 18:41
Hey boyz and girlz what's up? stupid question here but..where do i preorder the vinyl edition of the album?
I ll appreciate the help! thank you!
depends on where you are from.
Europe: Nuclear Blast Europe https://www.nuclearblast.de/en
USA&Canda, South America: Nuclear Blast America https://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/shop/index.html
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

User avatar
Wizard's Crown
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2014 16:06

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#249 Post by Wizard's Crown » 27 Aug 2019 17:28

Traveller in Time wrote:
26 Aug 2019 21:15
Wizard's Crown wrote:
25 Aug 2019 18:41
Hey boyz and girlz what's up? stupid question here but..where do i preorder the vinyl edition of the album?
I ll appreciate the help! thank you!
depends on where you are from.
Europe: Nuclear Blast Europe https://www.nuclearblast.de/en
USA&Canda, South America: Nuclear Blast America https://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/shop/index.html

Thanks friend! Much appreciated!

Also i have to add...how COOL is the artwork with those horsemen in the flames!!

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#250 Post by Dragonfly » 28 Aug 2019 00:21

Wizard's Crown wrote:
25 Aug 2019 18:41
Hey boyz and girlz what's up? stupid question here but..where do i preorder the vinyl edition of the album?
I ll appreciate the help! thank you!
You can also get it from Amazon, at least the standard black vinyl. I usually use Amazon.co.uk, got my digipak preordered there.
Wizard's Crown wrote:
27 Aug 2019 17:28

Also i have to add...how COOL is the artwork with those horsemen in the flames!!
I know, right? I wish it was the actual front album cover, not just a picture for CD2. Although it probably will show up somewhere in the booklet too.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests