Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.

Which old song is "Harvester of Souls" ?

1. Battlefield
38%
2. Under the Ice
13%
3. Punishment Divine
13%
4. The Soulforged
13%
5. Otherland
No votes
6. Road Of No Release
No votes
7. The Prophecies
No votes
8. And the Story Ends
13%
9. Precious Jerusalem
No votes
10. The Script for My Requiem
No votes
11. Theatre of Pain
No votes
13. At The Edge Of Time
13%

Total votes: 8

priderock

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#151 Post by priderock » 06 Mar 2019 11:20

Dragonfly wrote:
05 Mar 2019 19:53
priderock wrote:
05 Mar 2019 16:45
Dragonfly wrote:
05 Mar 2019 16:27

Should have 12 tracks in total as far as I remember, one being instrumental and one more a different version of an older Blind Guardian song. Unless Nuclear Blast makes some of these songs bonus tracks for fancy editions and splits the wholeness of the entire thing again, like they did with Beyond The Red Mirror... :? But still, I think, those 12 songs will comprise a pretty lengthy record as that's a bit more than what we're used to getting from the guys. On the other hand, deprived of the metal features, the songs may easily be shorter this time around, so who knows.
As far as I know, in total there will be 12 songs(an old song, an instrumental one and 10 others), an Overture, and 2 or 3 preludes. As for being separated, I somehow doubt that, since I only count the vinyl editions because of the quality. Beyond The Red Mirror vinyl had everything in it - Doom was an anticlimax to me after Grand Parade, so I didn't care that much about it. In other worlds, just hope the vinyl edition will have everything in it(even if the price is higher) and Nuclear Blast won't make something that will hurt the quality of the whole experience :? Anyway, 80 minutes is a good guess, I believe. :)
Oh yeah, interludes. Can't say I'm too excited about those though probably they will be justified within the context of the story. So that may add up to 15 tracks total - a lot of material. About 0.75 of a song per every year of creating this beast. :mrgreen:
More like 0.6 since the interludes are not equal to a whole song :)

nyobit

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#152 Post by nyobit » 06 Mar 2019 23:41

So... no discussion of the prequel book yet? "Die Dunklen Lande" seems quite different from the original idea of this being based on Tolkien's work.

Wizard's Crown

#153 Post by Wizard's Crown » 07 Mar 2019 00:04

nyobit wrote:
06 Mar 2019 23:41
So... no discussion of the prequel book yet? "Die Dunklen Lande" seems quite different from the original idea of this being based on Tolkien's work.
Maybe copyrights and intellectual law got in the way...

nyobit

#154 Post by nyobit » 07 Mar 2019 00:29

Yes, I know. I mean in general it seems thematically quite different.

Wizard's Crown

#155 Post by Wizard's Crown » 07 Mar 2019 08:28

nyobit wrote:
07 Mar 2019 00:29
True. I dont know what this book is about. I had the impression that the album will be based on a book about dwarves written by a german writer. Am i wrong?

priderock

#156 Post by priderock » 07 Mar 2019 12:18

No, no dwarves here. Marcus Heitz was just introduced to us as the author of the Dwarves saga., but nothing more in terms of the concept. The story will be a lot of history and fantasy at the same time :)

Nahar

#157 Post by Nahar » 07 Mar 2019 13:06

Wizard's Crown wrote:
07 Mar 2019 08:28
nyobit wrote:
07 Mar 2019 00:29
True. I dont know what this book is about. I had the impression that the album will be based on a book about dwarves written by a german writer. Am i wrong?
It's been announced long ago that it won't be LOTR related and that Marcus Heitz (together with Hansi, I suppose) will write an original concept for the album.
I don't suppose there will be an actual book...
I also remember someone said that Hansi rejected some early version that Heitz suggested and that he had to go back to the drawing board...
"As darkness came it brought along silence.
Yet silence also bears madness.
Silence surrounds me - a deathly silence"...

Schelm

#158 Post by Schelm » 10 Mar 2019 13:59

Well I like the cover! Of course its not as full of details as NiME, but I really like the coloring. After all this blue and red stuff this type of dirty green seems very atmospheric, with the gold setting a sublime contrast. I think the cover will fit perfectly to the story and atmosphere of the album :)

Glorfindel of Gondolin

#159 Post by Glorfindel of Gondolin » 11 Mar 2019 15:52

From what I've been able to find, it seems the prequel book is only available in German. Has anyone found something to the contrary?
Noble Counting Elf of the Counting Counts that count in the Counting Game.

priderock

#160 Post by priderock » 12 Mar 2019 11:56

The more I look at the artwork, the more I like it. The brown and gold colors are incredible.., so is the Necromancer. You can totally feel how intense and dark the whole opus will be :)

Dragonfly

#161 Post by Dragonfly » 18 Mar 2019 14:49

By the way, I've read an interview with Andi Deris (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/andi-d ... ming-home/) where he said, amongst other things, that Charlie Bauerfeind is currently working on an upcoming Helloween live album. So maybe that means that the orchestral record is finally completely done?
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock

#162 Post by priderock » 18 Mar 2019 15:42

Well, I don't think it's finally finished. They're still publishing pictures on Instagram from the studio.
Btw, I think that the transition Charlie is making right now in terms of mixing required from the both bands is like switching from level "Nightmare" in Quake to level "Can I play daddy?" in Wolfenstein (gamers will know what I mean) :lol:

Dragonfly

#163 Post by Dragonfly » 18 Mar 2019 16:58

priderock wrote:
18 Mar 2019 15:42
Well, I don't think it's finally finished. They're still publishing pictures on Instagram from the studio.
Btw, I think that the transition Charlie is making right now in terms of mixing required from the both bands is like switching from level "Nightmare" in Quake to level "Can I play daddy?" in Wolfenstein (gamers will know what I mean) :lol:
I wouldn't quite say that. If he was working on an album like Beyond The Red Mirror where he had to somehow balance between metal instruments and orchestra then maybe. This record, on the other hand, only has orchestra parts and Hansi. And choirs, too.

priderock

#164 Post by priderock » 18 Mar 2019 18:51

Talking about B.G. it's never just "only" :)

Guardian'86

#166 Post by Guardian'86 » 23 Mar 2019 11:27

I'm very sorry, I have been absent for personal commitments firstly and secondly because I couldn't recover the password. But now I'm back !!!
What can I say if not that I am pretty pretty excited for the orchestral album, finally this baby, this majestic, legendary no less than epic and magic and oustanding opera will see the light of day on november 1st, 2019 !!! This announcement is beyond mind-blowing !!
I can't wait to share with you my feelings when the time will be right. Until then, which it's a long wait, we can have discussions about other details which must come out !!!
Regarding the book "die dunklen lande" which is in dutch language suddenly I can't get it, I hope it will be out in english language as soon as possible!!!

Hail to the bards and proud to be back !!!!

priderock

#167 Post by priderock » 01 Apr 2019 08:28

So, it seems that Norman Eshley (Morgoth's voice from NIME) will be here again but this time for "... someone else, but very, very special and as powerful, or almost, kind of as powerful..." as the band wrote in their Instagram profile :)
From what I've heard from the Teaser, his voice is even better and deeper this time... He sounds just outstanding. Such a powerful and majestic narrating...

Lordmarioh

#168 Post by Lordmarioh » 02 Apr 2019 23:51

About the book, Marcus Heitz said he is working on an english translation and that it should be released in november. So I think there will be a special edition book+album?

Guardian'86

#169 Post by Guardian'86 » 15 Apr 2019 19:23

200 long days until the most magic and epic release of all times which no other band in the planet has ever matched and will never match !!!
The wait is too too long....I'm waiting for more details about this legendary opera, another announcement is expected !! anyway for killing time I would like to enjoy the book of markus heitz "die dunklen lande" but at the moment is available in german language and so all that I can do is to wait the release date of the mind-blowing album "Legacy of the dark lands" and I hope to get the book which is the prequel hopefully in italian language otherwise in english language.
Cheers !!

priderock

#170 Post by priderock » 16 Apr 2019 12:32

Guardian'86 wrote:
15 Apr 2019 19:23
200 long days until the most magic and epic release of all times which no other band in the planet has ever matched and will never match !!!
The wait is too too long....I'm waiting for more details about this legendary opera, another announcement is expected !! anyway for killing time I would like to enjoy the book of markus heitz "die dunklen lande" but at the moment is available in german language and so all that I can do is to wait the release date of the mind-blowing album "Legacy of the dark lands" and I hope to get the book which is the prequel hopefully in italian language otherwise in english language.
Cheers !!
TRUE STATEMENT!!!
CHEERS!

priderock

#171 Post by priderock » 22 May 2019 13:07

So, it seems that the time for some new news is coming. The pre-orders will start in June which means that something BIG is on it's way :)

Dragonfly

#172 Post by Dragonfly » 27 May 2019 18:50

Hopefully. It's about time for an upgrade, three months have passed since the legendary announcement.

Guardian'86

#173 Post by Guardian'86 » 01 Jun 2019 19:02

I guess we'll get other details about orchestral album in june for sure cause the pre-sale, as announced on march 1st, will start on june. So it's a matter of a few weeks.....

Dragonfly

#174 Post by Dragonfly » 01 Jun 2019 23:16

Guardian'86 wrote:
01 Jun 2019 19:02
I guess we'll get other details about orchestral album in june for sure cause the pre-sale, as announced on march 1st, will start on june. So it's a matter of a few weeks.....
Yeah, looking forward to it! I wonder how many different editions in total there will be...

Traveller in Time

#175 Post by Traveller in Time » 02 Jun 2019 13:20

Dragonfly wrote:
01 Jun 2019 23:16
Guardian'86 wrote:
Yeah, looking forward to it! I wonder how many different editions in total there will be...
colours of the rainbow plus splattered ones :D
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

priderock

#176 Post by priderock » 03 Jun 2019 16:38

No pre-orders in June... Just asked nuclearblast :?

Guardian'86

#177 Post by Guardian'86 » 03 Jun 2019 16:57

So the schedule has changed.....the announcement may come later in the summer too..considering the release on november 1st !!

priderock

#178 Post by priderock » 03 Jun 2019 17:43

Guardian'86 wrote:
03 Jun 2019 16:57
So the schedule has changed.....the announcement may come later in the summer too..considering the release on november 1st !!
Yes, I doubt that there will be a delay in the release date.., but somehow, I also did not expect this delay too. Just, truly believed, that when NuclearBlast say it, the things are quite sure :? At the same time, I doubt that they'll leave the pre-orders without a single or something like that. At the end, the label will do eveything this time to ensure that there will be a lot of money from this one :)

Traveller in Time

#179 Post by Traveller in Time » 03 Jun 2019 17:46

Guardian'86 wrote:
03 Jun 2019 16:57
does not suprise me. Hansi, marcus and frederik are busy with D&W touring, so they are not available for promo activities like unpacking videos or interviews or something else.
And i guess NB will set a date where are less popular releases.
After the remastered of BG and D&W are through and big sellers like Sabaton (July), so i would bet my money on an August/September pre-sale

Dragonfly

#180 Post by Dragonfly » 03 Jun 2019 21:17

Traveller in Time wrote:
02 Jun 2019 13:20
Dragonfly wrote:
Guardian'86 wrote:
colours of the rainbow plus splattered ones :D
:mrgreen: I was more interested in CD editions with regards to tracklisting, liner notes, etc. But you're right - one thing we can be absolutely sure about is that the number of vinyl colours will be more than... needed. :mrgreen:

Traveller in Time

#181 Post by Traveller in Time » 04 Jun 2019 23:03

Dragonfly wrote:

:mrgreen: I was more interested in CD editions with regards to tracklisting, liner notes, etc. But you're right - one thing we can be absolutely sure about is that the number of vinyl colours will be more than... needed. :mrgreen:
Pokemon - catch them all :D
btw a great site with upcoming releases is this one. It is sometimes suprising how early they have tracklists or the cover artwork. But in BG's case, there is nothing so far. :wink:

roooar.com - Upcoming releases

Dragonfly

#182 Post by Dragonfly » 05 Jun 2019 00:39

Traveller in Time wrote:
04 Jun 2019 23:03
Dragonfly wrote:

btw a great site with upcoming releases is this one. It is sometimes suprising how early they have tracklists or the cover artwork. But in BG's case, there is nothing so far. :wink:

Never heard of it, thanks! Although when it come to such sites, their credibility is often in question since they are not official.

Traveller in Time

#183 Post by Traveller in Time » 05 Jun 2019 10:18

Dragonfly wrote:
05 Jun 2019 00:39
Traveller in Time wrote:
04 Jun 2019 23:03
Dragonfly wrote:

Never heard of it, thanks! Although when it come to such sites, their credibility is often in question since they are not official.
that is ture but their data is quitereliable, so i guess they have their sources at record companies. Of course if an release is delayed which can happen from time to time they can't be right at all
But for the infos i was checking so far it was correct :-)

priderock

#184 Post by priderock » 17 Jun 2019 06:23

Just thought that if they keep the release date for November 1st, then in the worst case scenario, we have to start receiving some major news and reviews of the album in the next 2 months :? Personally, can't wait to know the names of the songs and to make my pre-order.

Dragonfly

#185 Post by Dragonfly » 17 Jun 2019 13:40

I think at least three months prior to release date is more realistic. For such a long-awaited project Nuclear Blast will extend this promotion period as much as possible, as evidenced by the very early announcement date - 1 March for an album to be out on 1 November. I guess they are just busy now with other albums coming out much sooner, or maybe they are still finalizing all the editions of the record for the pre-order. Either way, it should become clear during the summer, July or August.

priderock

#186 Post by priderock » 17 Jun 2019 16:52

Dragonfly wrote:
17 Jun 2019 13:40
I think at least three months prior to release date is more realistic. For such a long-awaited project Nuclear Blast will extend this promotion period as much as possible, as evidenced by the very early announcement date - 1 March for an album to be out on 1 November. I guess they are just busy now with other albums coming out much sooner, or maybe they are still finalizing all the editions of the record for the pre-order. Either way, it should become clear during the summer, July or August.
Yes, you're totally right. Anyway, still not sure about July, but even in the worst case, August should be the month :)

Dragonfly

#187 Post by Dragonfly » 17 Jun 2019 21:44

priderock wrote:
17 Jun 2019 16:52
Dragonfly wrote:
17 Jun 2019 13:40
Yes, you're totally right. Anyway, still not sure about July, but even in the worst case, August should be the month :)
What I mean to say is there is no reason to worry, yet. Plenty of time until 1 November. :)

Guardian'86

#188 Post by Guardian'86 » 17 Jun 2019 23:19

Hansi said, in a post here on the forum, that, despite his commitments with D&W, there will not be delay on the release date of the orchestral album so I Guess the release date will remain november 1st !!! So, It doesn't matter when the announcement about all details of the album will come....in the end It should 3 months before or less than 3 months before so in August ! Let's wait and see !!

Traveller in Time

#189 Post by Traveller in Time » 18 Jun 2019 22:03

Guardian'86 wrote:
17 Jun 2019 23:19
Hansi said, in a post here on the forum, that, despite his commitments with D&W, there will not be delay on the release date of the orchestral album so I Guess the release date will remain november 1st !!! So, It doesn't matter when the announcement about all details of the album will come....in the end It should 3 months before or less than 3 months before so in August ! Let's wait and see !!
good that you pointed that out. Just wanted to throw it in: i thought we were just discussing of the pre-sale and media (CD,LP, boxe sets) announcement date, the official release date was never in doubt (at least in the latest posts :D )
Waiting is not the problem, we are used to it :D But postponing is (even when it is just pre-sale and Co). :D

priderock

#190 Post by priderock » 01 Jul 2019 12:19

So, just asked Nuclear Blast about the pre-orders again. It seems that there will be no pre-orders again this month and the Release Date is set for 8th of November.

Dragonfly

#191 Post by Dragonfly » 01 Jul 2019 21:14

priderock wrote:
01 Jul 2019 12:19
So, just asked Nuclear Blast about the pre-orders again. It seems that there will be no pre-orders again this month and the Release Date is set for 8th of November.
Okay, they postponed it for a week... not a big issue but hardly a pleasant symptom nonetheless.

priderock

#192 Post by priderock » 08 Jul 2019 06:32

Exactly 4 months to the release date :D Pretty sure that after a month will have a lot more information - pre-orders, song names, final album cover, reviews and so on...

priderock

#194 Post by priderock » 08 Jul 2019 18:18

So, can we already choose the winner for best album cover !? :wink:

Guardian'86

#195 Post by Guardian'86 » 08 Jul 2019 18:20

I guess the release date will remain the same...november 1st !!! Kursch stated, few months ago, that there will no be delay on the release date...if this has been post-poned for other reason it will not because of Hansi committments but it will depend from nuclear blast.

Guardian'86

#196 Post by Guardian'86 » 08 Jul 2019 18:21

priderock wrote:
08 Jul 2019 18:18

Pre-orders will start on july 19th !! :D

priderock

#197 Post by priderock » 08 Jul 2019 18:23

Guardian'86 wrote:
08 Jul 2019 18:21
priderock wrote:
08 Jul 2019 18:18

Pre-orders will start on july 19th !! :D
My God, just can't find a place right now... :D :D :D :twisted:
As for the release date, it is 8th of November most probably.

Guardian'86

#198 Post by Guardian'86 » 08 Jul 2019 18:25

It seems it will remain the same, so on november 1st !! But I'll wait for an official annoucement when we will get the other details of this magnificient and mind-blowing opera !!!

Traveller in Time

#199 Post by Traveller in Time » 08 Jul 2019 18:50

fool just another fool just another fool....
everything is out of control
Hasn't NB said no presale in July? We were all wrong in our guessing :D

Hype status: 1000%

Guardian'86

#200 Post by Guardian'86 » 08 Jul 2019 20:54

November 1st, confirmed !! Directly from the nuclear blast official website. The news about the cover artwork.
https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/mu ... -news.html

Considering that the pre-sale will start on july 19th, I guess they'll announce all the remaining details within this date !