Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.

Which old song is "Harvester of Souls" ?

1. Battlefield
38%
2. Under the Ice
13%
3. Punishment Divine
13%
4. The Soulforged
13%
5. Otherland
No votes
6. Road Of No Release
No votes
7. The Prophecies
No votes
8. And the Story Ends
13%
9. Precious Jerusalem
No votes
10. The Script for My Requiem
No votes
11. Theatre of Pain
No votes
13. At The Edge Of Time
13%

Total votes: 8

Nahar

Re: Blind Guardian's 11th studio album - THE ORCHESTRAL PROJECT

#101 Post by Nahar » 08 Oct 2018 07:34

For starters (concerning NiME) - I'd be happy to learn of the reason for the use of the nickname "Fëanor" online.
I think most people (in and out of the books) dislike Fëanor (same can be said about Mordred, I suppose. Is that an intentional pattern?)...
He was the greatest of the elves according to Tolkien, but he wasn't a singer like Maglor, for example...

Is it related to being a perfectionist?
Was it meant to make people, like myself, wonder?
Is Fëanor misunderstood (by most readers)?
Is it just fun to have a wicked character for a nickname?...

Anyway - I hope we'll get more of the bards here again.
And of course news of the orchestral album are awesome and exciting :D
"As darkness came it brought along silence.
Yet silence also bears madness.
Silence surrounds me - a deathly silence"...

Dentarthurdent

#102 Post by Dentarthurdent » 10 Oct 2018 11:36

Orodaran wrote:
06 Oct 2018 00:39
So, years and years where the BG Forum was a thriving community, and now that everyone's disappeared over to Facebook, HANSI himself posts? :shock: :lol:

Anyway, excellent news about the album being quite well in the works!!!
Well, he was already late in coming to video games, maybe he's just trying out this whole "internet"-stuff :D
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

priderock

#103 Post by priderock » 15 Oct 2018 08:04

9 months from now? I don't know - what do you, guys, think? To me, this sounds more like the beginning of 2020, since Hansi always postpones the records with at least 6 months.
But as I said so many times - 2020 sounds even better to me as a number :) :mrgreen:

Dragonfly

#104 Post by Dragonfly » 15 Oct 2018 14:11

No no no, it should totally be 2019! Nine months from now... I'm okay with that unless it gets pushed back yet again. 2019 marks four years since the release of Beyond The Red Mirror so it's about time really!
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock

#105 Post by priderock » 15 Oct 2018 14:31

I don't know.., it will already be 4 and a half years actually. And I doubt that it will be delayed again.., there's no reason for that and they're almost nowhere in terms of LP12...
The question is just "when" - autumn 2019 ? or early 2020 ? :roll: :wink:

Traveller in Time

#106 Post by Traveller in Time » 15 Oct 2018 22:48

nothing is mixed so far.... there will be a D&W Tour (and maybe some production/recording work with the d&w album) then there is nearly 3 month of delay of announcement and release....so 9month is quite tough and tight, Mr-Kürsch ;-)

But i do hope for some snippet as christmas gift (or at least a cover of last christmas...hey you started it!)
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Dragonfly

#107 Post by Dragonfly » 15 Oct 2018 23:23

Yeah, but Hansi himself said that 2019 is quite plausible... let's hope for the next year! 24 years is clearly too much, the baby can go at 23! :mrgreen:

priderock

#108 Post by priderock » 16 Oct 2018 10:16

Guys, just added in my first post some pictures of the Dvorak Hall in Prague where the orchestral pieces were recorded :)
The hall is really outstanding :twisted:
Last edited by priderock on 16 Oct 2018 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonfly

#109 Post by Dragonfly » 16 Oct 2018 19:56

Good job! The pictures of the hall are quite breathtaking... I wonder if they actually had to commission another orchestra for the project, like they did with the last album. Perhaps the one from Budapest, once again.

Catanduva

#110 Post by Catanduva » 16 Oct 2018 22:26

Good job. Editing 39 times was hard work. :wink:
#@╣#¢%ç @#°#▓®▒▓

priderock

#111 Post by priderock » 17 Oct 2018 08:35

Thanks for the kind words :wink: Yes, it wasn't easy, but searching for news about this album is something I make on default every day for the last years :)

Dragonfly, yes, I'm pretty sure it's not the only place for orchestral recordings or choirs, but Hansi is still quiet about details :wink:

Traveller in Time

#112 Post by Traveller in Time » 17 Oct 2018 19:22

priderock wrote:
17 Oct 2018 08:35
Thanks for the kind words :wink: Yes, it wasn't easy, but searching for news about this album is something I make on default every day for the last years :)

Dragonfly, yes, I'm pretty sure it's not the only place for orchestral recordings or choirs, but Hansi is still quiet about details :wink:
awesome job. One of the best threads here :-)

Dragonfly

#113 Post by Dragonfly » 17 Oct 2018 20:50

Traveller in Time wrote:
17 Oct 2018 19:22
priderock wrote:
17 Oct 2018 08:35

awesome job. One of the best threads here :-)
It is not for nothing that Hansi himself chose this particular thread for his historic first post on the forum. :)

priderock

#114 Post by priderock » 17 Oct 2018 21:35

You guys are beautiful... :oops: :) Long live for our bard family! :P 8)

wade-newb

#115 Post by wade-newb » 19 Oct 2018 13:10

priderock wrote:
16 Oct 2018 10:16
Guys, just added in my first post some pictures of the Dvorak Hall in Prague where the orchestral pieces were recorded :)
Wow thank you for this! I'm going to be in Prague in December very close to this hall! I'm definitely going to make a visit to it.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

priderock

#116 Post by priderock » 19 Oct 2018 14:50

wade-newb wrote:
19 Oct 2018 13:10
priderock wrote:
16 Oct 2018 10:16
Wow thank you for this! I'm going to be in Prague in December very close to this hall! I'm definitely going to make a visit to it.
Lucky you :shock: Hope you'll have a great time! :) :wink:

priderock

#117 Post by priderock » 29 Nov 2018 10:14

Hi, guys,
What we know so far from B.G. Instagram profile is that "the choir company" has just started recording their sessions and that they will continue next year as far as I read through the comments.
I also asked if the Big Choirs are already recorded, but Hansi wrote that they are done for only 4 of the songs and that there are 7 more to go...
All of this leads me for the conclusion that early 2020 is still the most realistic date for the project, since I doubt that they'll continue working in December.
Anyway, I still hope for some update around Christmas.

P.S. Happy Bards Holidays to all of us! :P

Hansi
Bard

#118 Post by Hansi » 03 Dec 2018 20:21

Time for a new update :D Most of your guesses are wrong, but some are at least wrong and right at the same moment :evil: We proceed very well. It more and more looks like a 2019 summer release. It depends a little bit on the record company‘s plans with it. We have not decided how to name the baby, yet. But Blind Guardian will be an essential part of that name in any way. The music is as much Metal as an orchestra and a Heavy Metal vocalist together can be metal. The album will be very intense, for sure. By now I have finished the singing of all songs. Eventually I go in and do a few minor adjustments. But that is more for my ego and will not cause any delays. So far we had 7 days of backing vocals with the choir company, but will go for 3 more. The big classical choirs have been done, already. Basically they are always done the same day, we are recording the complete orchestra in Prague. The choirs are done separately from the orchestra. Yet, we go back to Prague in the beginning of 2019 for the recordings of a last piece of music. No worries, this is instrumental. So, when we leave Prague the song is more or less ready for mixing. Yet, there are like two more possible recording sessions. Consider these to be extra missions. In total there will be 12 full songs on the album and two, or three musical interludes. How to release such an album? We worry when we get there. The instrumental version of such an album is a nice treat for sure, so would the demo versions be and of course, the final output can be treated in different ways. I doubt, that we will release different versions, with regard to different vocal performances. They are too close together in a lots of cases. On the other hand to explain the whole progression, it would make sense.
As for Guardian of the Netherworld ( which is called "Harvester of Souls" on my lyric sheet, as I realized after I told you the song is called "Guardian of the Netherworld"): every song which is already released on an album is an old song for us :P My bet for the old song - and it is none of these songs - would have been Mordred‘s Song or Bright Eyes. They both would do great. Some of you guys mentioned the mess in your heads: Welcome to the club! Why we went for this particular one? Well, believe it, or not. We started working on this song in a classical version, when André dreamt this song in a metal version. So he started working on the metal version, the other day. I believe the classical version contains a few extra parts, which are not in the metal version. All lyrics are new, apart from one prominent line in that song. We still work on the storyboard, but Markus Heitz did an amazing job. So much I can say, already. My Demons and Wizards appearances next year will not cause any delay for the orchestral release. I can do D&W songwriting while the other guys will do the mixing. After listening to the stuff so many times, it is better to rely on fresh ears, anyway. :D Mr. Producer has called me, time to make another small decision. It is all about baby steps ...

JazzJackrabbit

#119 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 03 Dec 2018 22:32

Thanks for the updates, Hansi. <3

Traveller in Time

#120 Post by Traveller in Time » 04 Dec 2018 01:14

Wow, and such a present before christmas and even Santa Guardian....
I really do appreciate it! Thank you, Hansi.

But now something completely different: Are you sure mixing will take not more than six month? It is hard to imagine, since ATTWS took 3 month if i remember correctly, that you will mix an orchestra album this fast. But well on the other side your experience is boosting.
Normally the record company needs some time to build up the hype as well and releasing an BG orcheestra album while you are touring with D&W sounds for me not in their preferable taste. So my guess goes for a autumn release, if you can keep your mixing time table :-)
Sorry for being so sceptical, old german behaviour i guess. Or maybe just provoking you to disprove me, would not be my loss at all if therefore i can enjoy your newest magic with a cold summer drink :-) 8)
I like to expect the worst and be surpised by the best :-)

priderock

#121 Post by priderock » 04 Dec 2018 08:26

Thanks for the update, Hansi!!!
Great to hear about a 12 song for the album!
Personally, I've never cared about the demo of any musical piece, because somehow it destroys the magic of the final product to me.. But I agree that the instrumental versions on the other hand is something that would be great in this case. Just one question about the music - is the end of At The Edge Of Time(the song) still the best example of how the album will sound. It's just outstanding.... :D

P.S. I agree with Traveller in Time, summer is so unrealistic to me too, but I can wait honestly :)

Hansi
Bard

#122 Post by Hansi » 04 Dec 2018 11:19

Stay faithful, you nonbelievers :D We are living in a digital work, so the mixing is in constant progress, already. If things work, as planed - and they usually never do that, in our case - we should do the final adjustments from mid January to mid February. So, you are right here. The mixing will have taken 6 months at the very least. Our team for mixing and preparations is big. Yes, "At the Edge of Time" is a very good example, but so is the intro and the outro of "Sacred Worlds".

priderock

#123 Post by priderock » 04 Dec 2018 15:56

Hansi wrote:
04 Dec 2018 11:19
Yes, "At the Edge of Time" is a very good example,.
Great to hear that, Hansi! i still think that this particular song contains the best vocal performance I have ever heard :)
But hope to be proven wrong after hearing the orchestral album :twisted: :D

Traveller in Time

#124 Post by Traveller in Time » 07 Dec 2018 23:58

We are unworthy...... :wink:

Next year could be an absolute peak (hopefully not like a peak oil) of Hansi releases:

- BG orchestra album
- Avantasia Moonglow (guest vocals)
- D&W new album(?) and a tour

any other guest appearances in sight?
I remember once Andre said that they have even enough material for a second orchestra album, is this still so or have you eventually merged some songs? (you know Hansi once feed with a little piece, people get greedy :-) )

LLAG

#125 Post by LLAG » 08 Dec 2018 13:51

It seems incredible to me to be able to think about having the orchestral project next year.

The next step is to ask for a possible live presentation, I understand that the infrastructure can not be simple and a conventional tour can be very expensive, but BG could take advantage and record some orchestral versions of other classics, it would give space for another release that could be very succulent. In any case, the time for celebrations is coming!

priderock

#126 Post by priderock » 11 Jan 2019 10:53

Happy New Year, Bards! Hope to be our long awaited "Orchestral" year :D

Dragonfly

#127 Post by Dragonfly » 13 Jan 2019 22:38

Yes, Happy New Year my bard friends and partners-in-crime! Let us hope it will bring us something special that we all desire...

Schelm

#128 Post by Schelm » 01 Mar 2019 12:17

Guys, its coming!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GNHEyOPnTI

Blind Guardian’s Twilight Orchestra - Legacy of the Dark Lands
Coming November 1st

IT IS FINALLY COMING <3 <3 <3

priderock

#129 Post by priderock » 01 Mar 2019 13:34

JESUS... I still need some time to realize that....

priderock

#130 Post by priderock » 01 Mar 2019 14:21

WOW... I still can't realize what just happened, but I'm just gonna write the name and the date of the Opus

The name of the album will be "Legacy of the Dark Lands" and will be released under the name of "BLIND GUARDIANS’s Twilight Orchestra" on 1st November 2019!
I guess today is something like a "New Year" or a Birthday for our bard family...

LLAG

#131 Post by LLAG » 01 Mar 2019 17:53

wonderful, I have blocked the 1st of November in my diary!!!!!

Dragonfly

#132 Post by Dragonfly » 01 Mar 2019 17:56

Well, I guess it's the earliest announcement of a release date I've ever seen - 8 months in advance... they clearly realize all the hype and excitement this project will generate among fans and listeners. Maybe we'll actually live to see this thing come out eventually? How come? What is this sorcery??!!
Also, Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra doesn't sound too shabby. Not a big fan of that artwork though, I'd expect something a bit more beautiful.

Traveller in Time

#133 Post by Traveller in Time » 01 Mar 2019 19:26

bam... so there it is.What once was said can't be taken back.... maybe just delayed :lol:
But i trust Hansi this time.
Seems i have to read 600 pages* from now on :-)
I do like this "sudden" announcement. Would be the nice if the artwork will be edited (and there we are again: critics :-) and more with details than this in my eyes simple one. Such a long working time deserves handmade artwork :wink: There is still some time, so iam quite optimistic.
I like the title and i like the artist's name. Not pure Blind Guardian but still a strong connection. Good work. :D

Hype mode:MONSTER :mrgreen: :twisted:

So the task is set: Survive till 1st of November... :D
244 days to go (* 2,45 pages per day)

sciacallo010

#134 Post by sciacallo010 » 01 Mar 2019 20:04

I can't believe this day has finally come, the next 7 months will be the longest 7 months ever :lol:

priderock

#135 Post by priderock » 01 Mar 2019 20:04

Well, to be honest - I like the artwork! I like the feeling that it expresses and at the same time the gold and brown colours in it. But what I mostly like is that when I look at it - it looks so different from B.G. style which is great to me, because somehow seperates the album from the previous ones. It looks more like a movie poster or something like that than an actual album artwork! And that's great!!! We have 3 months till we know if they'll keep it or not, but I found it really great and even hope to keep it.

P.S. And we can finally see a face on it. Maybe it's some kind of a symbol that their real power will be unleashed here :D
Last edited by priderock on 01 Mar 2019 20:25, edited 3 times in total.

priderock

#136 Post by priderock » 01 Mar 2019 20:05

sciacallo010 wrote:
01 Mar 2019 20:04
I can't believe this day has finally come, the next 7 months will be the longest 7 months ever :lol:
Exactly 8 actually :D

Traveller in Time

#137 Post by Traveller in Time » 01 Mar 2019 23:03

priderock wrote:
01 Mar 2019 20:05
sciacallo010 wrote:
sometimes you like to be cruel, or?
:lol:

Dragonfly

#138 Post by Dragonfly » 01 Mar 2019 23:18

I need to say though, I'm pretty glad I was right about this being a 2019 release. :D

priderock

#139 Post by priderock » 02 Mar 2019 06:58

Traveller in Time wrote:
01 Mar 2019 23:03
priderock wrote:
sciacallo010 wrote:
sometimes you like to be cruel, or?
:lol:
:lol: :twisted:

sciacallo010

#140 Post by sciacallo010 » 02 Mar 2019 10:34

priderock wrote:
sciacallo010 wrote:
Oh, the pain :cry:

Orodaran

#141 Post by Orodaran » 02 Mar 2019 17:56

Since the first time the orchestral project was announced, we oldies of the forum had enough time to make children who are now teenagers and are waiting as well for the orchestral album :mrgreen:

Even leaving the children aside, there are probably Blind Guardian fans around who weren't even born when this project was announced :lol: but now we'll finally witness its glorious birth into the world and we'll bask in its brilliance!!! 8) 8) 8)
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Nahar

#142 Post by Nahar » 03 Mar 2019 11:14

Exciting!

What do you think of this idea...
I've been getting lately all these Youtube recommendations of people listening to Blind Guardian for the first time.
Usually it's not very interesting (mostly positive comments of songs we've known and loved for many years).
I'd like to see hardcore BG fans react to the new album. Comments in the forum are nice and all, but videos have some benefits:
I'd like to see surprised faces, tears, expressions of joy as well as criticism by experiences listeners with high expectations (as we see in the forum usually).
Of course many listens will be needed (and documentation will be welcome as well) but first listen is interesting to see.

anyone here would like to take part in such a thing?
(can be done, maybe, with the music muffled, or no music at all for copyrights issues, or maybe unlisted\private and shared just in the forum).

Probably it's going to be interesting for the band as well :)
"As darkness came it brought along silence.
Yet silence also bears madness.
Silence surrounds me - a deathly silence"...

Sentinel

#143 Post by Sentinel » 04 Mar 2019 20:24

Orodaran wrote:
02 Mar 2019 17:56
Since the first time the orchestral project was announced, we oldies of the forum had enough time to make children who are now teenagers and are waiting as well for the orchestral album :mrgreen:

Even leaving the children aside, there probably Blind Guardian fans around who weren't even born when this project was announced :lol: but now we'll finally witness its glorious birth into the world and we'll bask in its brilliance!!! 8) 8) 8)
Hahaha, you nailed it, Oro! In fact, the announcement of the Orchestral Project was the whole reason for visiting the forum again since- like what? 9 years or so? It's been over 20 years since first news has been spread about the idea of an Orchestral album, keeping us fed with small bits of information over the years. To be honest, I no longer expected to see this baby come alive, yet a tiny spark of hope glowed deep inside my mind (which was again kindled after the release of ATEOT). After all these years, this is some fricking exciting news!! And the release date makes it THE perfect birthday gift for me! :mrgreen:
Free are those who walk away from setting suns
Free are those who laugh at chains that held them bound
Free are those who conquer in vain but won't stop to run
Battered and down you pick up your pieces
To rise as one!

Wizard's Crown

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#144 Post by Wizard's Crown » 04 Mar 2019 20:38

AND HERE IT IS! THE ORCHESTRAL PROJECT! Buuuuuuuut wait a minute...i'm not trying to be an asshole about all this - after all we only get a couple of seconds of music- but i have to say some things, and these are only some quick thoughts on what i just saw and heard.

First of all the name of this whole project, "Twilight Orchestra"; after the called Twilight Studios, we have the "Twilight Orchestra". And don't get me wrong, it's an acceptable name BUT we have been awaiting this thing for so many years (personally for 11 years), and for some reason it feels a little uninspired and somehow "easy".

And second, the album cover. For me an album cover, sets the tone and the environment for the whole listening experience of the music. After all it's a basic element of the album as a unit, and it is the first impression of the product someone gets (let's clear out that a good album cover wont make the music sound good if the music itself is sh*ty - it's all about the experience though). BG has a very good legacy on album covers on their catalogue; from "Tales from the Twilight Hall" until "A Night at the Orchestra" all album covers are masterpieces that im sure lots of you some time had set them as wallpaper on your pc or your phone. And that's the cut-off for a nice album cover. Lately, BG has fallen into a certain trend of digitally designed covers, for reason beyond my knowing, of which im not a big fan. They 're generic, uninspired, tasteless, something that i would find and accept at a small and not-so-famous band. And here we are BG with their big project, with orchestras, choirs, complex compositions, non-metal songs and we get just another generic metal cover with a generic font for the letters. Let's realise that this project in my eyes is a one-in-a-lifetime thing, and i don't believe that the boys will create something like again in the future. I expected something unique, inspired and to tell you the truth a little classy (after all it is classical music!).

So here were some quick thoughts on the album so far. In my opinion, the biggest opponent for this album, is the hype for the orchestral project that BG has set all over those years. We have been awaiting this album for so many years, our expectations (or at least mine) have been set sky-high (by the band mostly), and we will see what we will get. This is a turning point for our beloved band (or their last card up their sleeve?). With this album either they will make us kneel before their musical brilliance or we will accept that the bards have taken the path of reproducing the same sound and basically being a live band playing their old hit-songs with nothing more to give to the music world.

priderock

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#145 Post by priderock » 04 Mar 2019 22:12

I agree with Wizards Crown about the missing of some kind of classical elements in the cover since the album will be classical music... Something classical as a cover will probably open even more doors for them in the non metal world... Otherwise, as I already said, I like it... It's like a movie poster. But if they come up with something better, well, that would be great :)

As for the music, I have absolutely no doubts that this will be far ahead of everything we know.., best thing we will ever hear, and the best thing that B.G. will ever create... Even the first 9 seconds of the teaser sounds bigger than any other song - I tried it on my stereo and it created that huge ilussion of an army or some kind of a herd running ahead.

One thing I'm a little sad about is that after this I'll most probably never be excited that much again for anything in life(especially in music)... The release date after all these years is curse and bless at the same time...
Last edited by priderock on 05 Mar 2019 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

Traveller in Time

#146 Post by Traveller in Time » 05 Mar 2019 00:19

Wizard's Crown wrote:
04 Mar 2019 20:38
[..] "A Night at the Orchestra" [..]
Nice one :D

I agree in sense. After all those years the cover comes a bit too easy. On the other side, it is the music which counts and i don't want to complain without having heard a single song.
But yeah it has some black spot ont the high white expectation vest.... Were they hurrying things in the end? I remember that the whole story was redesigned two years ago (i guess you all remember it).
Of course there is some risk in such long-term project, on the other hand they have enough credit from my side that if it even would be a musical miss, they can easily recover from it.
(so did Metallica with St. Anger and Lulu).

BTW as exact birth date of the orchestra project could be 16.02.1997.
here some translated excerpt from Hansi's diary (Circle of the bard's fand club magazine):

[..]Songwriting: Andre has composed an interesting music piece, which he called "classic stuff" at first. This song is an orchestral song with muscial character. The question is:
Shall we include it to the album or keep it for future album? The last option would be an outstanding project. Anyway. I thought i do the singing in a muscial style at first.
I tried to develops several characters, which are each sidgned to specific segement of the song. I already did some some sequenzing. Thomen did like the singing. Andre did not came along with it at all.
my problem is to create a muscial based on Andre's rules. And we all know, he is no fan of muscials.[..]

priderock

#147 Post by priderock » 05 Mar 2019 07:59

Great you was able to find that, Traveller In Time. So, that's how it all started..? :o About the cover, there are 8 months till the release date... It's strange if they were about to nailed it so early... But I guess we'll finally answer this question in June when the preoders will start.
I guess at that time we'll also know the track list and the duration of the whole thing :)

Dragonfly

#148 Post by Dragonfly » 05 Mar 2019 16:27

priderock wrote:
05 Mar 2019 07:59
But I guess we'll finally answer this question in June when the preoders will start.
I guess at that time we'll also know the track list and the duration of the whole thing :)
Should have 12 tracks in total as far as I remember, one being instrumental and one more a different version of an older Blind Guardian song. Unless Nuclear Blast makes some of these songs bonus tracks for fancy editions and splits the wholeness of the entire thing again, like they did with Beyond The Red Mirror... :? But still, I think, those 12 songs will comprise a pretty lengthy record as that's a bit more than what we're used to getting from the guys. On the other hand, deprived of the metal features, the songs may easily be shorter this time around, so who knows.

priderock

#149 Post by priderock » 05 Mar 2019 16:45

Dragonfly wrote:
05 Mar 2019 16:27
priderock wrote:
But I guess we'll finally answer this question in June when the preoders will start.
Should have 12 tracks in total as far as I remember, one being instrumental and one more a different version of an older Blind Guardian song. Unless Nuclear Blast makes some of these songs bonus tracks for fancy editions and splits the wholeness of the entire thing again, like they did with Beyond The Red Mirror... :? But still, I think, those 12 songs will comprise a pretty lengthy record as that's a bit more than what we're used to getting from the guys. On the other hand, deprived of the metal features, the songs may easily be shorter this time around, so who knows.
As far as I know, in total there will be 12 songs(an old song, an instrumental one and 10 others), an Overture, and 2 or 3 preludes. As for being separated, I somehow doubt that, since I only count the vinyl editions because of the quality. Beyond The Red Mirror vinyl had everything in it - Doom was an anticlimax to me after Grand Parade, so I didn't care that much about it. In other worlds, just hope the vinyl edition will have everything in it(even if the price is higher) and Nuclear Blast won't make something that will hurt the quality of the whole experience :? Anyway, 80 minutes is a good guess, I believe. :)

Dragonfly

#150 Post by Dragonfly » 05 Mar 2019 19:53

priderock wrote:
05 Mar 2019 16:45
Dragonfly wrote:
05 Mar 2019 16:27
priderock wrote:
As far as I know, in total there will be 12 songs(an old song, an instrumental one and 10 others), an Overture, and 2 or 3 preludes. As for being separated, I somehow doubt that, since I only count the vinyl editions because of the quality. Beyond The Red Mirror vinyl had everything in it - Doom was an anticlimax to me after Grand Parade, so I didn't care that much about it. In other worlds, just hope the vinyl edition will have everything in it(even if the price is higher) and Nuclear Blast won't make something that will hurt the quality of the whole experience :? Anyway, 80 minutes is a good guess, I believe. :)
Oh yeah, interludes. Can't say I'm too excited about those though probably they will be justified within the context of the story. So that may add up to 15 tracks total - a lot of material. About 0.75 of a song per every year of creating this beast. :mrgreen: