Interviews 2015

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Traveller in Time

Interviews 2015

#1 Post by Traveller in Time » 25 May 2015 01:26

Here is a new and interesting one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t1tK30TzeU

this one i liked too, talking about music in general:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UJfVsyQHiE
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

priderock

Re: Interviews 2015

#2 Post by priderock » 26 May 2015 00:15

Thanks for sharing the info, brother !!! :)

Max

#3 Post by Max » 29 May 2015 15:50

Here is a short Interview about the show in Leipzip (in German):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9M1SXNEhKA

There some interesting notes by Marcus and Hansi (short summarization):

- during the short tour break around summer 2015 they try to mix the tracks for the live album (played so far)
- Marcus answered that he enjoyed perfoming "Guardian of the blind" the most that evening
- they liked that the audience can sing the new songs quite well (in that short time after release (further they noticed that they experienced that since NIME the people needed more time learn the lyrics))
Follow the blind
Your journey, your last hope, it can begin
These passing dreams were real no fantasy
There are more things than we know
Come take my hand

sciacallo010

#4 Post by sciacallo010 » 03 Jun 2015 09:42

Hey guys, here's an interview I did a month ago before the show in Milan that just got published, enjoy it! :wink:
http://www.truemetal.it/articoli/blind- ... sion-74475

PS: the interview was actually only to Marcus, André's questions are a little extra as he had a little free time (that's what they are just a few)

Max

#5 Post by Max » 03 Jun 2015 10:57

Hey Sciacallo,

very nice Interview - good questions and detailed answers.
Thank you for sharing it ;-)
Follow the blind
Come take my hand

the last candle

#6 Post by the last candle » 03 Jun 2015 16:16

Thanks for the interviews! They are all very interesting!
But am I the only one who liked (and loved) BTRM when listenig to it the first time? I had "the Throne" and "Prophecies" stuck in my head for days...

@Max: sorry to interrupt you once more but are you actually watching "Der Dunkle Parabelritter" (a german YouTuber, who talks mostly about metal and did the 2nd interview) or did you just found the video?
Will my weary soul find release for a while
At the moment of death I will smile.

Max

#7 Post by Max » 03 Jun 2015 16:55

I was looking for Interviews on the net. Often you just miss them - that's why I like this post!
I do not follow any youtuber. I do not even have a Facebook Account or anything alike.
Just curious about hearing any news from BG.
Follow the blind
Come take my hand

Avelar

#8 Post by Avelar » 04 Jun 2015 14:30

sciacallo010 wrote:Hey guys, here's an interview I did a month ago before the show in Milan that just got published, enjoy it! :wink:
In this interview Marcus mentioned CD3 of Live album (old one, from 2003) that was available for download. I don't remember I listened to this outtakes. Are they still available somewhere?
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

Max

#9 Post by Max » 04 Jun 2015 15:31

See FAQ, signature of first post here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=25225
Follow the blind
Come take my hand

Avelar

#10 Post by Avelar » 04 Jun 2015 19:52

Max wrote:See FAQ, signature of first post here:

Thank you :) There are really some funny moments, like Hansi singing na-na-na when he forgot the lyrics, or him starting the chorus in Valhalla too early, and this solo guitar mess in The Script For My Requiem. :lol:
There should be a similar CD for the upcoming Live album, consisting just of Hansi's jokes. There's already enough material for this :)
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

Traveller in Time

#11 Post by Traveller in Time » 05 Jun 2015 17:08

Avelar wrote:

Thank you :) There are really some funny moments, like Hansi singing na-na-na when he forgot the lyrics, or him starting the chorus in Valhalla too early, and this solo guitar mess in The Script For My Requiem. :lol:
There should be a similar CD for the upcoming Live album, consisting just of Hansi's jokes. There's already enough material for this :)
absolute!!! :)

Dragonfly

#12 Post by Dragonfly » 05 Jun 2015 19:25

Avelar wrote:

In Saint Petersburg yesterday he introduced "Banish From Sanctuary" in this way: "...Of course I had a shot of vodka before the show, and I think I drank theirs (points at Marcus and Andre) as well... Not trying vodka in Russia is like being BANISHED FROM SANCTUARY!!!" and there we go.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Ryu

#13 Post by Ryu » 05 Jun 2015 21:15

Oh man, Dragonfly - can you translate any of the others? That's great. Or was it in English already? I didn't listen to them all.
Defiant of destiny

Dragonfly

#14 Post by Dragonfly » 05 Jun 2015 21:34

Ryu wrote:Oh man, Dragonfly - can you translate any of the others? That's great. Or was it in English already? I didn't listen to them all.
Oh, and after Hansi says he had some vodka before the show he starts singing and messes up some lyrics a little bit (instead of "I hear the hangman coming..." he repeats "I left the way of heaven..."). Best proof he wasn't telling lies. :D :)
Yes, it was in English. He tried his best with the words like "привет" and "вы лучшие!" ("Hi" and "You're the best!" respectively) and it was sweet.
I may remember more later. :) My mind's still kinda in a mess...

Traveller in Time

#15 Post by Traveller in Time » 06 Jun 2015 01:40

I remember this one (not word by word but in sense):

Hansi: I hope you still know us. We do so from the last time! <pointing at one guy in the audience> but you weren't standing over there, you were standing more to the left. But you can stay there else it would be like Banished from sanctuary.

Dragonfly

#16 Post by Dragonfly » 06 Jun 2015 12:36

Traveller in Time wrote:I remember this one (not word by word but in sense):

Hansi: I hope you still know us. We do so from the last time! <pointing at one guy in the audience> but you weren't standing over there, you were standing more to the left. But you can stay there else it would be like Banished from sanctuary.
Great! There's nothing wrong with Hansi's sense of humour, I've always liked it. :)

Gandalf de Grijze

#17 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 06 Jun 2015 14:14

sciacallo010 wrote:Hey guys, here's an interview I did a month ago before the show in Milan that just got published, enjoy it! :wink:

PS: the interview was actually only to Marcus, André's questions are a little extra as he had a little free time (that's what they are just a few)
There is quite an interesting thing in there about how Marcus thinks about live setlists...
Over the last few years many bands have been doing tours playing in full some classical albums, or with special setlists (for example only old songs), often with old band members as guests; have you ever though to do something like that, maybe with Thomen as guest?

First of all I don’t like the concept of bands playing full albums, because for me a gig is all about the elements of surprise, I don’t want to know what is going to be played in advance, I don’t like it.
For example I’ve been to an Orphaned Land gig last year where they played the whole Mabool album, but they didn’t played it from the beginning to the end, they played all song but in between there were new songs…that was fine, but a band coming on stage playing the first song from whatever album and going on til the end is boring in my opinion, that’s my concept of gigs.
People has been asking if we might play Nightfall completely at some point, of course there’s the possibility but I don’t really see it happening at the moment and definitely don’t see it in a tour context, if we’ll ever do something it will be in some special occasion, maybe Blind Guardian Open Air, but we have no plan for something like this.
I find it really surprising that the underlined and italic phrase was actually spoken by a bandmember since BG themselves have had a history of quite unsurprising setlists. Even this tour: I believe that for the 4th consecutive tour they are playing Nightfall at #3-4, always with the same introduction. I'm glad they dropped Welcome To Dying, which had been the 2nd song in basically all the concerts during the last 10 years or so. You know Fly is coming either immediately after Nightfall or with one song in between. You know they will play 2 encores, with one of them containing a long epic (ATTWS/WoT and now also Sacred), and immediately after that there will be The Bards Song - In The Forest. The last song of the concert will always be Mirror Mirror. Before this tour you were basically always assured to hear at least 4-5 songs from IFTOS, with the titletrack always being somewhere in one of the encores. New songs were always 2 or 3, and always at about the same positions in the setlist, like now you know they will start with The Ninth Wave, putting Prophecies at #6, Miracle Machine will be played together with another ballad in an acoustic miniset (awesome idea btw), and Twilight of the Gods will be the 2nd song of the 1st encore.
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

sciacallo010

#18 Post by sciacallo010 » 06 Jun 2015 18:01

The one in charge of the setlists is Hansi who choose them depending on how is his voice; some songs have to be there because the fans "pretend" them (I must say I found really annoying listening to people in Milan screaming "Valhalla, Valhalla!" and "Majesty, Majesty!" after every single damn song until they played them) .
Yet nothing is really fixed like a "full album show" where an album is played from song #1 to the last; for example in Ljubljana they played Majesty after Mirror Mirror (they actually played it after they took the photo at the end of the show) after people chanted demanding for it :mrgreen:

Something like playing an album in full would surely be decided by the whole band and here's where Marcus's answer would apply most.

the last candle

#19 Post by the last candle » 09 Jun 2015 15:10

Here is actually a quite long and interesting one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYTIJwUAoak

But I´m sorry to tell you that it´s in GERMAN and there are sadly NO subtitles :cry:
I´ve thought about trying to translate the whole thing because I think it´s very interesting and contains information all Fans probably want to know but it´s very, very long and I have no special qualifications on translating from german to english (just my regular school english).
What do you think?

sciacallo010

#20 Post by sciacallo010 » 09 Jun 2015 16:18

the last candle wrote:Here is actually a quite long and interesting one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYTIJwUAoak

But I´m sorry to tell you that it´s in GERMAN and there are sadly NO subtitles :cry:
I´ve thought about trying to translate the whole thing because I think it´s very interesting and contains information all Fans probably want to know but it´s very, very long and I have no special qualifications on translating from german to english (just my regular school english).
What do you think?
Can you tell us in short what he says?
Of course not every singe word, but just a summary of the most important and interesting things he says.
I think all of us who don't understand german would be very grateful :mrgreen:

the last candle

#21 Post by the last candle » 09 Jun 2015 16:55

Okay, that´s hard because it´s actually 40 minutes long (i don´t konow if you saw it)
I will rewatch it and try to sum up the main information...
but you maybe have to wait til tomorrow or something like that...

sciacallo010

#22 Post by sciacallo010 » 09 Jun 2015 17:17

the last candle wrote:Okay, that´s hard because it´s actually 40 minutes long (i don´t konow if you saw it)
I will rewatch it and try to sum up the main information...
but you maybe have to wait til tomorrow or something like that...
Sure, no hurry man, you are already doing us a great favor! :D

Traveller in Time

#23 Post by Traveller in Time » 09 Jun 2015 19:15

there is nothing special, he asks nearly the same questions as every interviewer. In his case it's really hard because he seems to be an die hard fan.
There are better and far more informativ and personal interviews made by the one posted above.

He even did ask for tour things also everything can be found on their homepage.....
or about the stolen logo, all the forumer knows about the logo....

the last candle

#24 Post by the last candle » 09 Jun 2015 19:31

I think I probably can´t agree with you.
I actually think that there are quite interesting questions and I actually like the fact that the interviewer is a fan, but I can understand that you have problems with that.
I haven´t seen many better interviews yet but I´m always open...
But I guess everyone has a different opinion.

Traveller in Time

#25 Post by Traveller in Time » 09 Jun 2015 21:54

i have no problem that he is a fan, i have a problem with calling himself a fan and then not knowing some stuff which is quite common knowledge of a regular fan or can be found easily on the net. I like his style but his questions were like those always asked so many times. others just have some mins for an interview them (and seem to be more prepared).

i like this one for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UJfVsyQHiE

the last candle

#26 Post by the last candle » 10 Jun 2015 08:22

Okay I can agree with that.
But I still like at least some parts of the interview... (probably bacause I´m following the guy on youtube and quite like his work)

Yea that one is great!! I found it a few days ago and listened to it a few times since then. And in general the interview is really, really great. Expecially the parts about Andre´s sleeping habits and german HipHop are really good/interesting/funny. I totally can agree with Hansi on that point and I can really understand why he lost his temper while talking about german HipHop :wink:
So that´s definitely a better one, althoug there are some standard-questions (or however you call them) too (e.g. the one about the choirs).

So is there still a need for a short version of the other one or is what Traveller in Time posted enough?

Traveller in Time

#27 Post by Traveller in Time » 10 Jun 2015 20:27

every translation is welcomed. :)

But i already have written down the most, but if something (important in your eyes) is missing feel free to add it

viewtopic.php?p=1455266#p1455266

the last candle

#28 Post by the last candle » 11 Jun 2015 21:02

I think you already have written down most of the things that I wanted to say.
And I think I found out, what I like so much about this interview. It´s the whole atmosphere. Sometimes it feels more like small talk and I think it´s very personal.

Max

#29 Post by Max » 25 Jun 2015 12:44

New "interview" (written, english):
(more or less a summarization of an interview in Australia, 2015/06/03)

http://www.metalobsession.net/2015/06/0 ... -guardian/
Follow the blind
Come take my hand

Traveller in Time

#30 Post by Traveller in Time » 25 Jun 2015 23:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E4M2mJdSMY

duriong the tour break in summer just sorting out the live recordings....
Damn, i feared it but i really wondered about how Hansi could stand so many concerts and the nimmediatly going back to the studio. But i think it's wise that Hansi saves his voice and isn't doing any vocals for the orchestra project. :)

Max

#31 Post by Max » 26 Jun 2015 09:09

There is the same video with more information:
Blind Guardian - Andre Olbrich - AT, Vienna, Gasometer, 23.05.2015

Interview by Matija Marković
Filmed by Anita Stojanović
copyright: Venia-Mag, 2015

Is he wearing a NiME Shirt?
Follow the blind
Come take my hand

nyobit

#32 Post by nyobit » 26 Jun 2015 20:34

Yes, it looks like NiME shirt - https://s3.amazonaws.com/mno.products/1 ... bd0da8.jpg

So André is still playing a priest, it is nice to know since his reply on Reddit got me confused: "If i would dress up for a convention, i would choose a dwarfen outfit, cause i like the plain warrior, who is fighting in melee combat. :) -AO"

I have always respected the straightforward way Marcus answers the questions. PJ's Hobbit is pretty horrible as something that has LotR standards to match, but still is not too bad if viewed as an unrelated fantasy movie.

EDIT:
Anyone willing to make a translation?
Blind Guardian zocken Rayman Legends: Heavy Metal Gaming!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z6RgOAdIpw

Max

#33 Post by Max » 16 Jul 2015 11:06

Interview with Marcus from Helsinki, uploaded on 22.06.2015.
In English.

http://www.freemagazine.fi/blind-guardi ... us-siepen/
Follow the blind
Come take my hand

Traveller in Time

#34 Post by Traveller in Time » 06 Dec 2015 00:09

Time to revive this thread

http://www.earpeeler.com/2015/12/04/met ... -guardian/

Some news about their time schedule.

Anyone else waiting for what Santa Guardian will bring this season? :D

priderock

#35 Post by priderock » 06 Dec 2015 16:28

Yes, I would like to get just some news about the orchestral project...
Can't see why they're spending so much time to this live album... It will be great, of course, but I still want more attention to the orchestral one...

Traveller in Time

#36 Post by Traveller in Time » 06 Dec 2015 18:24

yeah i really doubt in their schedule.

In summer they will do festivals and maybe some gigs in north america, canada, then producing the live album (listening to all the recordings?) and finishing the orchestra album?

I guess the live album will hit the stores autumn 2016 and the orchestra album maybe winter 2017 if not 2018....

Led Guardian

#37 Post by Led Guardian » 07 Dec 2015 04:09

If I get another show on this tour, the live album, the orchestral album, and another regular album by 2020, I'll call it a good deal whatever the finer details of that schedule are.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

priderock

#38 Post by priderock » 08 Dec 2015 14:16

Yes, 2018 sounds realistic for the orchestral project and 2020 for the regular album...
Anyway, still think the attention about the live album is kind of overrated.., even that I'm sure, that it would be nice... I would prefer way better a dvd, but we should wait the orchestral project for something like this maybe

Traveller in Time

#39 Post by Traveller in Time » 12 Dec 2015 20:49

Ryu

#40 Post by Ryu » 12 Dec 2015 23:42

I would love to see a diehard fan interview them someday. So many interviews sport the same pedestrian questions:

"What got you in to Tolkien?"
"Why do you like fantasy?"
"Why do you like music?"

:|
Defiant of destiny

Traveller in Time

#41 Post by Traveller in Time » 24 Dec 2015 15:11

Hansi's christmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KunHcr8AJTY

Merry Christmas (or happy holidays) to all Forumers. :)

Spark interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tplhsH14aNo

Traveller in Time

#42 Post by Traveller in Time » 27 Dec 2015 01:44

Spark interview from above transcribed @Blabbermouth:

Spark Interview with Hansi December 2015

Short summary:
- In summer releasing live album (maybe some filmed material as bonus disc)
- mixing orchestra album hopefully november/december, and releasing it 2017