Blind Guardian's 10th Album, "Beyond the Red Mirror"

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Warmoth

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#1401 Post by Warmoth » 29 Jan 2015 18:42

I've got a long ways to wait (Deluxe Earbook).... U.S. :cry:

OmegaSlayer

#1402 Post by OmegaSlayer » 29 Jan 2015 20:10

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:mine left from germany yesterday (to holland)
they could have delivered it on foot from Krefeld :D

Gandalf de Grijze

#1403 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 29 Jan 2015 20:28

Indeed, too bad they didn't
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Blackened

#1404 Post by Blackened » 29 Jan 2015 22:10

I'm on my third listen...I'm speechless...

Listening to them for so long now and I firmly believe this is their best record ever.
It is squillions of miles ahead of ATEOT...I sense many Nightfall-moments...many totally new moments...don't know what to say...

Highlights for now:

- Prophecies (best song imo)
- Intro, outro & solo of Ninth wave
- At the edge of time
- Holy grail up to the end of Grand parade...just...wow

The production doesn't bother me at all. Vinyl sounds great.
This is one hell of an album!!!

Traveller in Time

#1405 Post by Traveller in Time » 29 Jan 2015 22:28

just read the "story" lines and now i can say:
Thank you Hansi, now i feel really stupid ;D

Much to interpretate, if you ask me. Hoepfully there will be some discussions about it in here. But now i have to read it again...again again again.
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

residentour

#1406 Post by residentour » 29 Jan 2015 22:34

So how does "Grand parade - alternate version" in earbook differ from the original one?

OmegaSlayer

#1407 Post by OmegaSlayer » 29 Jan 2015 22:39

Can't wait to get my physical copy and go to listen to one of my friends' home.
He's a professional cello player, having worked for many orchestras, and worked with Nicola Piovani http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicola_Piovani

In his opinion from listening The Night Wave in FLAC audio, 3 choirs were not needed, not even 2, and one would have been more than enough.
He said that when choirs are selected, the colours and range of the voices are already taken into consideration to make it sound various and big, and most of all professional singers sing on time, so there's not the big stadium effect that is created by voices being slightly offset and not on time.
He said that it's not like when Peter Jackson filled the stadium to record the orcs for LOTR.

I was all excited when I told him about what BG were doing, and he got very excited too, but the results didn't surprised him.
He says the section is cool, although simplistic, but 3 choirs didn't brought the effect BG were searching.
He said BG would have had an effect closer to what they were searching if they would have hired 3 choirs with different backgrounds rather than 3 classical choirs.

Anyway we will listen to it again with the proper official version. :)

bard_92

#1408 Post by bard_92 » 29 Jan 2015 22:54

OmegaSlayer wrote:Can't wait to get my physical copy and go to listen to one of my friends' home.
He's a professional cello player, having worked for many orchestras, and worked with Nicola Piovani http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicola_Piovani

In his opinion from listening The Night Wave in FLAC audio, 3 choirs were not needed, not even 2, and one would have been more than enough.
He said that when choirs are selected, the colours and range of the voices are already taken into consideration to make it sound various and big, and most of all professional singers sing on time, so there's not the big stadium effect that is created by voices being slightly offset and not on time.
He said that it's not like when Peter Jackson filled the stadium to record the orcs for LOTR.

I was all excited when I told him about what BG were doing, and he got very excited too, but the results didn't surprised him.
He says the section is cool, although simplistic, but 3 choirs didn't brought the effect BG were searching.
He said BG would have had an effect closer to what they were searching if they would have hired 3 choirs with different backgrounds rather than 3 classical choirs.

And let me guess...as a member of BG for 30 years, this cello guy knows exactly what they were searching as an effect, right???? Then calling the work "simplicity"???? I'm sorry but...just never mind.....
P.S. I really expect your opinions., but sometimes they seeeem faaaar awaaayyyyy frooom the reaaaaalityyyy.... Don't get me wrong., as I said, respect you ;)

Also, if someone introduce me better choirs than the ones in the beginning of Ninth Wave - I would be very surprised...even Carmina Bunara looks small compared to this!
A better opera than ATEOT song ??? - I would be very surprised if there's something better in this direction...
More epic thing than the one that The Throne is...???? Or more beautiful piece of music than Grand Parade stands for???
Ok, I'm just expecting... :wink: I really expect your friend to share something(of course if there's something better)...Or maybe he just needs like 10-15 spins of this songs just to realize what bullshit he have said... I'm sorry if I'm hard, but that was too much...

Blackened

#1409 Post by Blackened » 29 Jan 2015 23:05

OmegaSlayer wrote:Can't wait to get my physical copy and go to listen to one of my friends' home.

I don't care what anybody thinks what was needed or not. This intro is the best introduction to any record of that genre...massive, epic, amazing, beyond anything they've ever done...

priderock

#1410 Post by priderock » 29 Jan 2015 23:07

Blackened wrote:

I don't care what anybody thinks what was needed or not. This intro is the best introduction to any record of that genre...massive, epic, amazing, beyond anything they've ever done...
I absolutely agree with bard_92 and Blackened... :!: :!: :!: This post was just so pointless and away from the truth...I'm sorry, man...

ErHaO

#1411 Post by ErHaO » 29 Jan 2015 23:14

Hansi elobarated on this. They wanted a single 200 people choir but for wathever reason they could not find one to deliver the quality they had in mind. This tells you two things already; they wanted a single choir of the same style (so it makes sense that the three choirs applied share this) and they were not able to find a choir which was able to deliver (maybe not available, who knows). BG are no classical musicians themselves and have the help from professionals to conduct the choirs and orchestra's. I am pretty sure the respective musicians know what their choirs can and cannot do when Hansi/Andre want to create something. This does not mean there are not any choirs on the world that cannot deliver this on their own, but the ones they did frankly not.

Furthermore, I do not think they were searching for the stadium effect at all (which in Live setting also if often the case on a smaller scale, due to the lack of harmony it can sound massive). That is a concept the most basic singer can appreciate and I do not believe they "missed" this oppertunity to be honest (it can be very cool though).

I am sure your friend has plenty of musical talent and knowledge, but he does not know what BG had in mind and what the practical reasons for their decisions were.

Rokubota

#1412 Post by Rokubota » 30 Jan 2015 06:29

The fifth member of BG is Omegaslayer and they never told us about it

Ryu

#1413 Post by Ryu » 30 Jan 2015 06:56

Rokubota wrote:The fifth member of BG is Omegaslayer and they never told us about it
:lol:
Defiant of destiny

OmegaSlayer

#1414 Post by OmegaSlayer » 30 Jan 2015 08:30

ErHaO wrote:

Hansi elobarated on this. They wanted a single 200 people choir but for wathever reason they could not find one to deliver the quality they had in mind. This tells you two things already; they wanted a single choir of the same style (so it makes sense that the three choirs applied share this) and they were not able to find a choir which was able to deliver (maybe not available, who knows). BG are no classical musicians themselves and have the help from professionals to conduct the choirs and orchestra's. I am pretty sure the respective musicians know what their choirs can and cannot do when Hansi/Andre want to create something. This does not mean there are not any choirs on the world that cannot deliver this on their own, but the ones they did frankly not.

Furthermore, I do not think they were searching for the stadium effect at all (which in Live setting also if often the case on a smaller scale, due to the lack of harmony it can sound massive). That is a concept the most basic singer can appreciate and I do not believe they "missed" this oppertunity to be honest (it can be very cool though).

I am sure your friend has plenty of musical talent and knowledge, but he does not know what BG had in mind and what the practical reasons for their decisions were.
I reply to this since this is the only reply I got that has sense and is not just silly fanboyism.

Let's get step by step.
There is no choir in the world with that abundance of elements.
That should tell something.
If chorale would need such amount of people, somewhere in the world, there would be such a big choir, but the reality is that all that amount of people, especially for a recording is redundant.
It would be different live, because, don't know if any of you guys went to a classical concert, you phisically perceive the mass of air produced by an orchestra/choir, which is in some way annihilating and impressive and makes the experience really worth to be lived.
So, what my friend means is that there is a limit to what you can record, and over a certain number of people the difference is negligible, or, to put it differently, bluntly, it's a waste of money, because the effect on the record is no different that what you can get by a 90 piece orchestra.
It's mostly a technology limit.
So, BG wanted a big effect, but you can't achieve it on a record just by stacking choirs, live would have been a different thing.
But if you still say that how can me or my friend know what BG wanted...hmm...my suggestion is, inform yourself, listen to loads of chorale, listen to the same chorale performed by 4, 5 different choirs, get infos about the choir you're listening, eventually get some theoric knowledge about music, and when you know about choirs, ask yourself if BG have made something that hasn't been already done and achieved even with 50 people choirs.

About the choir being simplistic, simple doesn't equate to bad, and I don't know why you guys read it that way.
Being simplistic means that there is not an insane amount of "voices" going on. (Go search what "voice" means in music composition, I don't want to type, if you're interested go search by yourself, there's plenty about that)
Blind Guardian are not classical composers, and they have to resort to conductors that can create and arrange scores.
Still those people are neither Giovanni da Palestrina, nor Monteverdi, nor Handel, nor Bach, nor Verdi.
One thing, while O Fortuna, which is just the intro from Carmina Burana, is widely known and very cool for his dark mood, the whole Carmina Burana choir from Carl Orff is much less astonishing.

Indeed The Ninth Wave intro is a great piece of music and kudos to the bards for conceptualizing and delivering it, as I told you my friend said it was a great thing and a great idea, and more of these things should happen.

So...instead of just attacking someone that is trying to explain you something, use that time to get some information.
Learn what choirs are, how they work, don't think you know what chorale sound like because you know O Fortuna.

Respect...learn to respect yourself and your curiosity and will to learn new things before you can say you respect others.

warchanter

#1415 Post by warchanter » 30 Jan 2015 10:31

Question for those of you that have already received the NB Earbook special edition:
how different are Grand Parade (alternate version) and Miracle Machine (alternate mix) from regular versions?

Gandalf de Grijze

#1416 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 30 Jan 2015 10:36

donno yet, have to go to my mom's place to listen to it on their pickup...
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands

priderock

#1417 Post by priderock » 30 Jan 2015 10:45

Fanboyism??? Man, I just have no idea what are you talking about...BG has never been my favourite group since I explorer their kind of orchestral and epic stuff...I have no reason to defend them except for their brilliance in this kind of stuff!!! If you consider the word "fanboy" as something different than just "pointless hate", as what you're constantly doing in the forum.., than OK.

Yes, you just confirmed me that your friend had no idea about the effect they wanted(Guardians wanted a lot of different voices in the beginning...the individual people vocals, and that's something you can perfectly hear if you have a good equipment! I don't want to highlight the one I have, but I have to say it's more than good enough - and the result is outstanding!!! The other thing you said is that there was just no need of doing it(Ok, I would agree that technically there's a moment where it's hard to sound bigger), but would you please show me a record for the last 300-400 years where the choirs sounds bigger and more emotional...??? which is something enough to me to say that the bards are enough skilled to be considered even to the names that you have mentioned above...or now you're going to say that they're not that skilled??? Ok, but even if they're not, I have to say that they're works with songs like SW,RONR,WOT,ATTWS,ATEOT,TT,GP are even way better than a lot of stuff in this direction(I personally would say than almost all...) It's complex, it's emotional, it's far epic than the movie scores...than most of the operas and so on... And please, don't call it "fanboyism", as the fact that this direction is my favourite maybe and I started listening BG because of their stuff in it... Another thing is that maybe you just can't hear the complexity the vocal lines their songs have...Till nowadays I have never heard more complex vocal lines, than the ones this group have, and I'm almost constantly searching, but...just NOT FOUND YET!!! Other thing is that they're composing also a vocals in their stuff/Hansi's ones/(something that has never been done as the way they did it..) and talking about this, I have to say that(even that I'm not a "fanboy" of Kursch vocals), I have to say that even his operatic range is just above all...
Maybe you're just not that much in this kind of stuff and that's why you cannot appreciate it, but I'll understand you... ;)
And let's not forget that there's an orchestral album also coming :)

As for the respect you're talking about for some of the comments above, I have to say something to you: first start to respect the work, effort, the time that the other people(BG) have spend in their work...also try to respect the other people tastes and opinions...and then you can also try talking about it..

warchanter

#1418 Post by warchanter » 30 Jan 2015 11:22

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:donno yet, have to go to my mom's place to listen to it on their pickup...
cool! share your thoughts after you do. meanwhile after seeing the images you posted I ordered the special edition earbook. you could be an excellent BG pr ;-)

Dragonfly

#1419 Post by Dragonfly » 30 Jan 2015 12:56

Man, trailer seven is awesome - a track-by-track of the whole album with Hansi and Andre. Some really interesting things:
- 'The Ninth Wave' used to be called 'Song 10' and, as I understand, one of the last songs written for the album;
- 'Encrypted Time' really became 'Ashes Of Eternity'
- 'The Holy Grail' was Frederik's idea
- 'Grand Parade' was meant to be the finale from the very beginning
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

OmegaSlayer

#1420 Post by OmegaSlayer » 30 Jan 2015 13:45

priderock wrote:Fanboyism??? Man, I just have no idea what are you talking about...BG has never been my favourite group since I explorer their kind of orchestral and epic stuff...I have no reason to defend them except for their brilliance in this kind of stuff!!! If you consider the word "fanboy" as something different than just "pointless hate", as what you're constantly doing in the forum.., than OK.
This sentence doesn't even make sense, but yeah...pointless hate...hmm...
I tell you what's the point, I'd rather accept a bad song than talk and bullshit.
"We have 3 choirs, 2 orchestras, downtuned guitars, blah blah blah"...that's a lot of talk when what matters is the music, which in the album is not always consistent and top notch
Yes, you just confirmed me that your friend had no idea about the effect they wanted(Guardians wanted a lot of different voices in the beginning...the individual people vocals, and that's something you can perfectly hear if you have a good equipment! I don't want to highlight the one I have, but I have to say it's more than good enough - and the result is outstanding!!!
So you listen 270 different voices. :lol:
And you would be able to spot the difference with a 90 people or 180 people choir :roll:
Sorry, not even from vinyl and studio equipment.
The other thing you said is that there was just no need of doing it(Ok, I would agree that technically there's a moment where it's hard to sound bigger), but would you please show me a record for the last 300-400 years where the choirs sounds bigger and more emotional...??? which is something enough to me to say that the bards are enough skilled to be considered even to the names that you have mentioned above...or now you're going to say that they're not that skilled???
I don't even know if I should reply to that.
I don't have to show you jack, if you want to get out of your lack of knowledge, help yourself, I gave you enough names already.
You're downplaying something that you don't even know.
You're talking about Verdi or Handel, like they were the sons of Bob Marley.
Ok, but even if they're not, I have to say that they're works with songs like SW,RONR,WOT,ATTWS,ATEOT,TT,GP are even way better than a lot of stuff in this direction(I personally would say than almost all...) It's complex, it's emotional, it's far epic than the movie scores...than most of the operas and so on...
Oh yes, it's even a lot better than those 300-400 years old operas you don't know.
And please, don't call it "fanboyism", as the fact that this direction is my favourite maybe and I started listening BG because of their stuff in it... Another thing is that maybe you just can't hear the complexity the vocal lines their songs have...Till nowadays I have never heard more complex vocal lines, than the ones this group have, and I'm almost constantly searching, but...just NOT FOUND YET!!! Other thing is that they're composing also a vocals in their stuff/Hansi's ones/(something that has never been done as the way they did it..) and talking about this, I have to say that(even that I'm not a "fanboy" of Kursch vocals), I have to say that even his operatic range is just above all...
Maybe you're just not that much in this kind of stuff and that's why you cannot appreciate it, but I'll understand you... ;)
Yes, Blind Guardian retroactively invented what loads of bands have been doing from the 70s, even in POP music.
Dude! F'n open your eyes and ears and head!
You don't know a lot of stuff, pretend to know it and sell it for the beginning and ending of all

Blind Guardian is an awesome band that is blending loads of things from loads of genres, and they do it insanely well.
But don't sell a silver orange like something that is one of a kind.
It's beautiful, but it's an orange painted with silver.
As for the respect you're talking about for some of the comments above, I have to say something to you: first start to respect the work, effort, the time that the other people(BG) have spend in their work...also try to respect the other people tastes and opinions...and then you can also try talking about it..
I respect both BG's work and other people's opinion, when people has at least a minimal knowledge of what they want to talk about.

Gandalf de Grijze

#1421 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 30 Jan 2015 14:07

Dragonfly wrote:Man, trailer seven is awesome - a track-by-track of the whole album with Hansi and Andre. Some really interesting things:
- 'The Ninth Wave' used to be called 'Song 10' and, as I understand, one of the last songs written for the album;
Interesting as well how they included Distant Memories, without even mentioning the fact that it is a bonustrack for the digipack, but without mentioning Doom...

priderock

#1422 Post by priderock » 30 Jan 2015 14:22

OmegaSlayer wrote:
priderock wrote:Fanboyism??? Man, I just have no idea what are you talking about...BG has never been my favourite group since I explorer their kind of orchestral and epic stuff...I have no reason to defend them except for their brilliance in this kind of stuff!!! If you consider the word "fanboy" as something different than just "pointless hate", as what you're constantly doing in the forum.., than OK.
This sentence doesn't even make sense, but yeah...pointless hate...hmm...
I tell you what's the point, I'd rather accept a bad song than talk and bullshit.
"We have 3 choirs, 2 orchestras, downtuned guitars, blah blah blah"...that's a lot of talk when what matters is the music, which in the album is not always consistent and top notch
Yes, you just confirmed me that your friend had no idea about the effect they wanted(Guardians wanted a lot of different voices in the beginning...the individual people vocals, and that's something you can perfectly hear if you have a good equipment! I don't want to highlight the one I have, but I have to say it's more than good enough - and the result is outstanding!!!

So you listen 270 different voices. :lol:
And you would be able to spot the difference with a 90 people or 180 people choir :roll:
Sorry, not even from vinyl and studio equipment.
The other thing you said is that there was just no need of doing it(Ok, I would agree that technically there's a moment where it's hard to sound bigger), but would you please show me a record for the last 300-400 years where the choirs sounds bigger and more emotional...??? which is something enough to me to say that the bards are enough skilled to be considered even to the names that you have mentioned above...or now you're going to say that they're not that skilled???
I don't even know if I should reply to that.
I don't have to show you jack, if you want to get out of your lack of knowledge, help yourself, I gave you enough names already.
You're downplaying something that you don't even know.
You're talking about Verdi or Handel, like they were the sons of Bob Marley.
Ok, but even if they're not, I have to say that they're works with songs like SW,RONR,WOT,ATTWS,ATEOT,TT,GP are even way better than a lot of stuff in this direction(I personally would say than almost all...) It's complex, it's emotional, it's far epic than the movie scores...than most of the operas and so on...
Oh yes, it's even a lot better than those 300-400 years old operas you don't know.
And please, don't call it "fanboyism", as the fact that this direction is my favourite maybe and I started listening BG because of their stuff in it... Another thing is that maybe you just can't hear the complexity the vocal lines their songs have...Till nowadays I have never heard more complex vocal lines, than the ones this group have, and I'm almost constantly searching, but...just NOT FOUND YET!!! Other thing is that they're composing also a vocals in their stuff/Hansi's ones/(something that has never been done as the way they did it..) and talking about this, I have to say that(even that I'm not a "fanboy" of Kursch vocals), I have to say that even his operatic range is just above all...
Yes, Blind Guardian retroactively invented what loads of bands have been doing from the 70s, even in POP music.
Dude! F'n open your eyes and ears and head!
You don't know a lot of stuff, pretend to know it and sell it for the beginning and ending of all

Blind Guardian is an awesome band that is blending loads of things from loads of genres, and they do it insanely well.
But don't sell a silver orange like something that is one of a kind.
It's beautiful, but it's an orange painted with silver.
I respect both BG's work and other people's opinion, when people has at least a minimal knowledge of what they want to talk about.
I'm sorry, but how do you know how much I know????
Do you really expect to start writing everything I know just to keep some pointless talk with you???
Maybe you'll feel sorry to hear that, but the most important thing in music is the sense you need to listen it, to feel it, to express is, to imagine it, to build different words sometimes with your imaginary and mind!!! So, at the end - it's ART!!! A place where everything is possible, a place without limitations...and a place where I've never came so close, as with BG music!
Yes, there's a knowledge, as you said, and for just not wasting time, I would leave it behind a little bit, cause at the end it's just not the most important thing.., sometimes, as I said, you just need at least a minimal sense to feel the other things around it! And, yes, once again I would say that the songs mentioned above have their potential to be even better than mooooost of this stuff.., but as I said it's stuff not for everyone.., stuff demanding more intelligence kind of listening... So, please, make yourself a forever favor - start listening closer.., if sometimes you don't get it, it just doesn't means it is this way, sometimes we're just pretending to be more, than what we really are...

Once again...your post was more than pointless, nothing to really stands for, but pretending to be something that we need..
At the end, I'm giving a musical examples in terms of BG that I'm standing for., and instead of that, the only thing you're doing is to continue using the same words and things, but turned out in a worse way each and every time, than the previous ones...

P.S.... I'm stopping here.., and I do really respect in some ways your opinion!!!!!!
But, for not doing this forever...and turning it to something this forum doesn't need, I'm stopping here! God bless you! Sorry if I said something bad to you, but I really get nervous from a lot of your comments!
So, if you want it - I would say - PEACE! :wink: At the end, why are we're even trying listening to music, if we'll continue being the same idiots...! ;)

ErHaO

#1423 Post by ErHaO » 30 Jan 2015 14:41

I do agree with Omegaslayer on many points. But I will go more in depth when I have more time.
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:Man, trailer seven is awesome - a track-by-track of the whole album with Hansi and Andre. Some really interesting things:
Interesting as well how they included Distant Memories, without even mentioning the fact that it is a bonustrack for the digipack, but without mentioning Doom...
Pretty sure Distant Memories is crucial to the album, both in terms of music (pacing) and story. If Nightfall was released on this day they would cut out something in the middle randomly as well and sell a more expensive version I think. Doom is a sequel/bridge song that takes place after the facts and Grand Parade is a true finale, so I can understand that one as a bonus. (still haven't heard it :( )

OmegaSlayer

#1424 Post by OmegaSlayer » 30 Jan 2015 14:56

You tell me how much you do know, as you don't back your words with facts and knowledge, but just moving the goalpost while you try to climb mirrors.
No one with an ounce of respect for their own self would say that the intro of "The Ninth Wave" is better composed than Aida's Triumphal March by Verdi.

Music is indeed art, but people enjoys it in different ways because of their cultural background.
You might like the black colour, but you like it because you know white too and all the differences and shades between black and white.
Knowledge makes you appreciate things MORE.
History, learning where we come from in music, visual arts, literature, is our biggest heritage.
You wouldn't write off widely acknowledged pieces of art and say that they're not worth to be mentioned if you knew them and understand them.

There's ALWAYS time for knowledge, there must be time to wisely absorb it and to happily share it.
There isn't "for your time convenience" when there's something to learn.

So yes, you're telling me that you're not an attentive and curious guy who gets interested in stuff you don't know, that you don't pay attention to what you don't know, despite someone is offering and sharing what he knows, and that you're not willing to share your knowledge...and you don't have time for that, even at the cost of pubblically sound very shallow.

Obviously I might be very wrong, but that's the impression that you stubbornly want to give me.

Trailer 7 is indeed very cool.
It's great that the guys took the time to shed more light and info on the songs.
I agree on loads of things (Ashes Of Eternity opening riffs being the coolest guitar riff of the album) and don't agree on some things...but I won't even make a fuss about it this time :)

Dragonfly

#1425 Post by Dragonfly » 30 Jan 2015 16:29

So the final title evolution of the 'Beyond The Red Mirror' songs probably looks like this:

1.The Ninth Wave - Song 10 (not mentioned in the update from October, 2013, perhaps it didn't even exist back then yet)
2.Twilight Of The Gods - Song 9
3.Prophecies - Prophecies
4.At The Edge Of Time - The Ocean (one of the two first tracks composed for the album)
5.Ashes Of Eternity - Encrypted Time (the other one of the two earliest songs)
6.Distant Memories - Midtempo Song (this one remains the only option as far as I'm concerned)
7.The Holy Grail - Holy Grail
8.The Throne - The Throne
9.Sacred Mind - Outcast
10.Miracle Machine - probably didn't yet exist either
11.Grand Parade - Grand Parade
12.Doom - wasn't mentioned as well (maybe one of those finalized 'Nightfall'-era leftovers)

JazzJackrabbit

#1426 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 30 Jan 2015 16:34

Dragonfly wrote:Man, trailer seven is awesome - a track-by-track of the whole album with Hansi and Andre.
Ah, well in that case I'm going to hold off watching it until I've heard the album. Tuesday can't come fast enough.

Dragonfly

#1427 Post by Dragonfly » 30 Jan 2015 16:43

JazzJackrabbit wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:Man, trailer seven is awesome - a track-by-track of the whole album with Hansi and Andre.
Ah, well in that case I'm going to hold off watching it until I've heard the album. Tuesday can't come fast enough.
Yeah, unfortunately, you can't watch it without getting spoiled a little bit - this video is a set of samples as much as it is a track-by-track analysis. Alas, I sacrificed a tiny bit of the freshness of the album. At least I wasn't disappointed by what I got to hear, not at all.

warchanter

#1428 Post by warchanter » 30 Jan 2015 21:12

Against my better expectations, the deluxe Earbook arrived a few hours ago!!!
Quick facts:
- The book is GORGEOUS
- Lyrics + Story (no liner notes that i can see)
- the music is MUCH crisper/full than in the leaked mp3s, be warned before making any comments about audio quality ;-)
- Doom is very old style, listened to it just once but is a very solid addition to the album

Dragonfly

#1429 Post by Dragonfly » 30 Jan 2015 21:41

warchanter wrote:Against my better expectations, the deluxe Earbook arrived a few hours ago!!!
Quick facts:
- The book is GORGEOUS
- Lyrics + Story (no liner notes that i can see)
- the music is MUCH crisper/full than in the leaked mp3s, be warned before making any comments about audio quality ;-)
- Doom is very old style, listened to it just once but is a very solid addition to the album
Some good news right here, a feast for the tired eyes to read so to speak. :) Thanks mate! I'm still waiting for my copy.

Tom_Bombadil

#1430 Post by Tom_Bombadil » 30 Jan 2015 22:35

In the first listens I always understood the first line sang by Hansi in the Ninth Wave as: "Let's start melt those faces" instead of "As dark night embraces"... lol

arenamaster

#1431 Post by arenamaster » 30 Jan 2015 23:13

yo can we ban omegaslayer
Each step I take,
May it hurt may it ache
Leads me further
Away from the past!
But as long as I breathe,
Each smile in my bleak face,
I'm on my way to find
Back to the peace of mind!

arenamaster

#1432 Post by arenamaster » 30 Jan 2015 23:14

dude is going out of his way to bitch about the album

which i mean yeah, cool you have an opinion, that's great but we understand that you hate it okay? :roll:
Each step I take,
May it hurt may it ache
Leads me further
Away from the past!
But as long as I breathe,
Each smile in my bleak face,
I'm on my way to find
Back to the peace of mind!

Dragonfly

#1433 Post by Dragonfly » 30 Jan 2015 23:23

arenamaster wrote:dude is going out of his way to bitch about the album

which i mean yeah, cool you have an opinion, that's great but we understand that you hate it okay? :roll:
He doesn't hate it, just has a fairly strong opinion about it. And as much as I'd like everyone to love this album (yeah, 'heaven for everyone') it's impossible. Actually it appears he's got a good mind for critique so it's natural.
Everybody's entitled to their own opinion. And you know, OmegaSlayer's point of view is miles away from the harshest, most ridiculously stupid shit I've read about 'Beyond The Red Mirror' recently, I mean some morons calling it complete crap and a pointless self-indulgent cacophony (makes me want to fucking punch them in the face). And don't even get me started on those despicable ones who claim that Blind Guardian absolutely lost it after 'Somewhere far Beyond'/'Nightfall In Middle-Earth'/whatever...

Dragonfly

#1434 Post by Dragonfly » 31 Jan 2015 01:36

Holy shit, does it really glow?!!! Image

OmegaSlayer

#1435 Post by OmegaSlayer » 31 Jan 2015 08:47

Dragonfly wrote:
arenamaster wrote:dude is going out of his way to bitch about the album

He doesn't hate it, just has a fairly strong opinion about it. And as much as I'd like everyone to love this album (yeah, 'heaven for everyone') it's impossible. Actually it appears he's got a good mind for critique so it's natural.
Everybody's entitled to their own opinion. And you know, OmegaSlayer's point of view is miles away from the harshest, most ridiculously stupid shit I've read about 'Beyond The Red Mirror' recently, I mean some morons calling it complete crap and a pointless self-indulgent cacophony (makes me want to fucking punch them in the face). And don't even get me started on those despicable ones who claim that Blind Guardian absolutely lost it after 'Somewhere far Beyond'/'Nightfall In Middle-Earth'/whatever...
Thank you man.
I'm glad people reads and understands.
Thanks again.
Yes I love the album, I even purchased 2 copies of it. :)
That doesn't mean that it's perfect.

And yo arenamaster, thanks for your hate too, it's appreciated.
Being hated from someone that doesn't even understands what he reads is priceless. :mrgreen:

Back to the strange things of the album...I often have in my head pieces of At The Edge Of Time and Ashes Of Eternity, which I don't appreciate much, maybe it's my brain trying to accept them.

bard_92

#1436 Post by bard_92 » 31 Jan 2015 11:45

Guys, I ordered my Earbook edition from NB, but does someone have an idea when can I expect it to be with me??? I mean, usually how long does it take to arrive, cause that's my first time ordering from them? I've ordered it 2 weeks ago...Thanks in addition :)

Gandalf de Grijze

#1437 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 31 Jan 2015 12:02

don't know, for me it was shipped out 2 days before the releasedate, and i received it the day after it was shipped, that was from germany to the netherlands, so a fairly small trip

bard_92

#1438 Post by bard_92 » 31 Jan 2015 12:06

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:don't know, for me it was shipped out 2 days before the releasedate, and i received it the day after it was shipped, that was from germany to the netherlands, so a fairly small trip

Ok, thanks a lot!!! It's 4 times closer than the country I'm living, I hope that's the reason it's still not arrived :)

OmegaSlayer

#1439 Post by OmegaSlayer » 31 Jan 2015 12:56

bard_92 wrote: Ok, thanks a lot!!! It's 4 times closer than the country I'm living, I hope that's the reason it's still not arrived :)
Blame the postal system.
The problem is not the distance but the efficiency, or lack of it.

I ordered through EMP Italy.
The package was shipped the 29th from the Germany warehouse, it'll take an average of 3 days to reach Italy (would have been faster on foot) and 1 day to deliver through Italy, because it's an express courier.

Dragonfly

#1440 Post by Dragonfly » 31 Jan 2015 12:57

I guess it depends on how well postal service works in your country... and on geographical vicinity to Germany of course. I haven't got mine either, and may have to wait another week or so.

Gandalf de Grijze

#1441 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 31 Jan 2015 14:46

well, nuclearblast-holland was 2 days... Large (emp holland/belgium) has a warehouse in rotterdam, so that package was delivered within 24 hours, as is quite normal here...

bard_92

#1442 Post by bard_92 » 31 Jan 2015 15:36

Ok, thank you very much for the answers! It seems that everything right now depends of the wheel of time... :)

blindgfan

#1443 Post by blindgfan » 31 Jan 2015 16:08

I need Doom right now!

priderock

#1444 Post by priderock » 31 Jan 2015 16:20

blindgfan wrote:I need Doom right now!
It leaked ;)

Just hear it! It's defenately a very nice song :D
Reminds a little bit of DW on some places. The chorus is nice also!
Better than Ashes Of Eternety for sure

OmegaSlayer

#1445 Post by OmegaSlayer » 31 Jan 2015 17:07

priderock wrote:
It leaked ;)

Thanks for the heads up and... I wanted to apologize for being rude ;)

priderock

#1446 Post by priderock » 31 Jan 2015 17:12

OmegaSlayer wrote:
priderock wrote:
It leaked ;)

Thanks for the heads up and... I wanted to apologize for being rude ;)
Don't worry, mate! I'm also sorry for some of the things I said.., I was just upset, not 100% objective! :wink: Now let's enjoy this release and hope for the orchestral project coming finaaalyyy :)

OmegaSlayer

#1447 Post by OmegaSlayer » 31 Jan 2015 17:19

priderock wrote:
Don't worry, mate! I'm also sorry for some of the things I said.., I was just upset, not 100% objective! :wink: Now let's enjoy this release and hope for the orchestral project coming finaaalyyy :)
*bro hugs*

Doom is so cool, it even has some bass guitar lines.
Too bad it hasn't orchestra, it would have fitted very well :(
Love the song.

priderock

#1448 Post by priderock » 31 Jan 2015 17:27

OmegaSlayer wrote:
priderock wrote:
*bro hugs*

Doom is so cool, it even has some bass guitar lines.
Too bad it hasn't orchestra, it would have fitted very well :(
Love the song.
Yes, hugs, bro!!! :P

As for the Doom, after 5-6 listens I also have to say it's a little gem :)
It seems that the 2 bonus tracks have been really something to be excited for!

blindgfan

#1449 Post by blindgfan » 31 Jan 2015 17:40

priderock wrote:
It leaked ;)

As a single song or as part of the earbook?

priderock

#1450 Post by priderock » 31 Jan 2015 18:07

blindgfan wrote:
priderock wrote:
It leaked ;)

As a single song or as part of the earbook?
As a part of the earbook edition :)