Blind Guardian's 10th Album, "Beyond the Red Mirror"

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Message
Author
bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#551 Post by bard_92 » 19 Nov 2014 11:19

There's no Under The Ice mistake, this was already discused, please stop talking about it :) The only problem I know was in Curse My Name, but it's question of time to be released Remastered version of the album ! :)

thanandar
Posts: 6
Joined: 19 Nov 2014 02:25

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#552 Post by thanandar » 19 Nov 2014 12:47

bard_92 wrote:There's no Under The Ice mistake, this was already discused, please stop talking about it :) The only problem I know was in Curse My Name, but it's question of time to be released Remastered version of the album ! :)
But I think when I buy a CD I want the best quality, If we can detect errors before they release the album is better for all, band and fans. Remastered versions are like services packs in windows, a simple patch made to correct mistakes, then sound engineer was not working properly and it is a problem for the band and the fans losing quality.

ErHaO
Posts: 181
Joined: 23 Jun 2010 17:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#553 Post by ErHaO » 19 Nov 2014 13:24

The mix in the sample sounds pretty good to me (not the mastering, cannot say anything about that until I have the single in good quality. I expect that to be average, as usual). It does not sound as plastic as ANATO or ATITM, more like ATEOT with the drums a bit more up front and the lead guitar a bit more clear (which is good).
Rokubota wrote:ATITM sounded like shit in the CD version and it was the same band and the same producer. You can argue all you want but at the end of the day this is a METAL band and this kind of music needs BALLS, Hansi also said that this album was going to show the more agressive side of Blind Guardian.

I agree that is too soon to have a objective opinion about the production but I don´t trust in their criteria in that deparment at all. This is a neck breaker song if you believe what Hansi said, so the sample must be the slow and light part.
I think the sample has quite some punch to it actually (namely the first 25 seconds). Plenty of balls there, in the bombastic way. Not the rawness of the pre-NIME days, but I am not sure that would work well with their more orchestral approach and not expecting that either. There are many ways of expressing agressiveness in music and for everyone this is different, I think you are in for a dissapointments if you expect the Imaginations kind of heaviness, allthough there is most certainly a bit of influence of that album present in this sample. But who knows, many Imaginations songs have pretty slow/melodic parts that are not really not that heavy in it as well, in terms of songwriting.

User avatar
Greektrooper
Posts: 20
Joined: 18 Feb 2014 11:49

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#554 Post by Greektrooper » 19 Nov 2014 15:26

Great intro riff,awful chorus.My general idea is that the song is a left over from the Voice in the dark :? Hope I'm wrong. Surely lost any hope for a different/better production.

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 505
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#555 Post by wade-newb » 19 Nov 2014 16:21

I've already become addicted to this one-minute taste of the song and I know this song will feature as one of my favourite from BG ever. It's already given me so many powerful feelings. Love how eerie and "under" the chorus sounds. It's almost like an anti-chorus. So good.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#556 Post by bard_92 » 19 Nov 2014 17:41

wade-newb wrote:I've already become addicted to this one-minute taste of the song and I know this song will feature as one of my favourite from BG ever. It's already given me so many powerful feelings. Love how eerie and "under" the chorus sounds. It's almost like an anti-chorus. So good.
Same here!!! :)

blindgfan
Posts: 108
Joined: 13 Nov 2014 11:45

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#557 Post by blindgfan » 19 Nov 2014 17:44

thanandar wrote:
blindgfan wrote:
thanandar wrote:Am I the only one who feels a noisy beep just before Hansi starts to sing? 0:16 aprox.
I hope it is a youtube compression fail. Please look over that. Don´t repeat "Curse my name" mistake anymore.

by the way, awesome spoiler
I thought that was "Under the ice" mistake?
I'm talking about the background noise in the irish dancer's section. What was under the ice mistake?
Background noise? The song is so perfect, I did not notice any flaws in it. Well, Under the Ice had some bleeps in the middle. But anyway, it's an average song, so nothing to worry about.

User avatar
Wizard's Crown
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2014 16:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#558 Post by Wizard's Crown » 19 Nov 2014 18:03

Sadly these plastic productions are the problem of today's metal bands..all we can do is to learn to deal with it (or wish to get Rassmusen back :D)..

Light of Eärendil
Posts: 30
Joined: 23 May 2003 07:48
Location: México/United States (it depends)

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#559 Post by Light of Eärendil » 19 Nov 2014 18:56

My God!! It looks sexier on blue vinyl...

Image

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#560 Post by bestpike » 19 Nov 2014 18:58

Under the ice sounds perfectly ok to my ears. And I was one of the main instigators of the Curse-my-name-gate in these forums 4 years ago :P.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

crzgfx
Posts: 12
Joined: 19 Nov 2014 20:18

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#561 Post by crzgfx » 19 Nov 2014 20:21

Regarding the pitch: It sounds lower than C, I guess it is B, which would actually hint at our guitarists using either 7-strings this time or just downtuning the hell out of their instruments. :D

notimportant
Posts: 62
Joined: 18 Feb 2010 02:31

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#562 Post by notimportant » 19 Nov 2014 20:58

I think the sample sounds rather bad actually :/. Like the sound is very shallow or empty and you only hear the main line with everything else muted in the background. And you cant even blame it on the youtbe compression cause Sacred Worlds bit a the end sounds much better. It's strange that they would put it together and not hear the difference. Like in the making of video with Tanelorn Into the void guitar solo that sounded much better than on the final album :/

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#563 Post by bestpike » 19 Nov 2014 23:12

Although very nice, to me it sounds like significant rehashing previous material, a harbinger of repetition that we conjectured earlier. But this is only a small sample so...
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#564 Post by Ryu » 20 Nov 2014 00:45

bestpike wrote:Although very nice, to me it sounds like significant rehashing previous material, a harbinger of repetition that we conjectured earlier. But this is only a small sample so...
The promos are floating around now, I'm trying to get some impressions from the last.fm reviewers, especially on "Grand Parade". They're all pretty silent, but the official track lengths are available, more or less. At the Edge of Time is the only one that seems to vary in length, from 50 seconds to like 6 minutes.
Defiant of destiny

Guardian'86
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#565 Post by Guardian'86 » 20 Nov 2014 12:07

Before to pre-order I just wanted to ask, because the details aren't clear so I wanted to know:
digibook edition and earbook editio, these editions have both two cds I guess....and the tracklist on both editions is of 12 songs? and all songs are contained in one cd? and the second one? Thanks !!!

ErHaO
Posts: 181
Joined: 23 Jun 2010 17:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#566 Post by ErHaO » 20 Nov 2014 16:44

Guardian'86 wrote:Before to pre-order I just wanted to ask, because the details aren't clear so I wanted to know:
digibook edition and earbook editio, these editions have both two cds I guess....and the tracklist on both editions is of 12 songs? and all songs are contained in one cd? and the second one? Thanks !!!
Unfortunately the earbook editions seems to have all twelve new tracks but spread across two discs (probably about 40 minutes each). The digipack edition seems to be eleven tracks on one disc. The regular edition is ten tracks (and seems to be an imcomplete version, as distant memories, the additional track, is on the middle of the CD and seems to be a part of the concept). For one extra track (and liner notes + additional artwork in the booklet) you have to pay a lot of extra money for the Earbook.

Conclusion: Nuclear Blast sucks.

Source: see page 10, were somebody linked to the product description on the NB store.

I am going for the Earbook with the vinyl, as with that version you at least get some more extra stuff for a few extra bucks (alternate version to Grand Parade and a different mix for Miracle Machine).

Guardian'86
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#567 Post by Guardian'86 » 20 Nov 2014 18:20

ErHaO wrote:
Guardian'86 wrote:Before to pre-order I just wanted to ask, because the details aren't clear so I wanted to know:
digibook edition and earbook editio, these editions have both two cds I guess....and the tracklist on both editions is of 12 songs? and all songs are contained in one cd? and the second one? Thanks !!!
Unfortunately the earbook editions seems to have all twelve new tracks but spread across two discs (probably about 40 minutes each). The digipack edition seems to be eleven tracks on one disc. The regular edition is ten tracks (and seems to be an imcomplete version, as distant memories, the additional track, is on the middle of the CD and seems to be a part of the concept). For one extra track (and liner notes + additional artwork in the booklet) you have to pay a lot of extra money for the Earbook.

Conclusion: Nuclear Blast sucks.

Source: see page 10, were somebody linked to the product description on the NB store.

I am going for the Earbook with the vinyl, as with that version you at least get some more extra stuff for a few extra bucks (alternate version to Grand Parade and a different mix for Miracle Machine).
Thanks for the info !! Indeed I'll pre-order, for now, the regular edition and the digibook edition!!!!

Rokubota
Posts: 103
Joined: 02 Apr 2007 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#568 Post by Rokubota » 20 Nov 2014 21:12

Wizard's Crown wrote:Sadly these plastic productions are the problem of today's metal bands..all we can do is to learn to deal with it (or wish to get Rassmusen back :D)..
Yeah, with Flemming Rasmussen they had a very raw and awesome sound, the same could be said for Metallica. In the Dio's cover Don´t Talk To Strangers they still sounded very good.

User avatar
Wizard's Crown
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2014 16:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#569 Post by Wizard's Crown » 20 Nov 2014 21:59

Rokubota wrote:
Wizard's Crown wrote:Sadly these plastic productions are the problem of today's metal bands..all we can do is to learn to deal with it (or wish to get Rassmusen back :D)..
Yeah, with Flemming Rasmussen they had a very raw and awesome sound, the same could be said for Metallica. In the Dio's cover Don´t Talk To Strangers they still sounded very good.
I think their sound was raw at the Imaginations album..at NIME it was just perfect..a full sound as dramatic as it was needed to serve the purpose of the song..I think that Rassmusen had the right perspective on the album that the bards were trying to create and he had a way to control Hansi so he wouldn't go crazy with the choirs and the overproduction of the songs (something that happened at ANATO and is still missing with the new producer)...

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1074
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#570 Post by Traveller in Time » 20 Nov 2014 22:22

ErHaO wrote:
Guardian'86 wrote:Before to pre-order I just wanted to ask, because the details aren't clear so I wanted to know:
digibook edition and earbook editio, these editions have both two cds I guess....and the tracklist on both editions is of 12 songs? and all songs are contained in one cd? and the second one? Thanks !!!
Unfortunately the earbook editions seems to have all twelve new tracks but spread across two discs (probably about 40 minutes each). The digipack edition seems to be eleven tracks on one disc. The regular edition is ten tracks (and seems to be an imcomplete version, as distant memories, the additional track, is on the middle of the CD and seems to be a part of the concept). For one extra track (and liner notes + additional artwork in the booklet) you have to pay a lot of extra money for the Earbook.

Conclusion: Nuclear Blast sucks.

Source: see page 10, were somebody linked to the product description on the NB store.

I am going for the Earbook with the vinyl, as with that version you at least get some more extra stuff for a few extra bucks (alternate version to Grand Parade and a different mix for Miracle Machine).
And on top of that EMP has now an edition with a mirror
http://www.emp.de/art_294938/
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

ErHaO
Posts: 181
Joined: 23 Jun 2010 17:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#571 Post by ErHaO » 21 Nov 2014 00:43

Traveller in Time wrote:
ErHaO wrote:
Guardian'86 wrote:Before to pre-order I just wanted to ask, because the details aren't clear so I wanted to know:
digibook edition and earbook editio, these editions have both two cds I guess....and the tracklist on both editions is of 12 songs? and all songs are contained in one cd? and the second one? Thanks !!!
Unfortunately the earbook editions seems to have all twelve new tracks but spread across two discs (probably about 40 minutes each). The digipack edition seems to be eleven tracks on one disc. The regular edition is ten tracks (and seems to be an imcomplete version, as distant memories, the additional track, is on the middle of the CD and seems to be a part of the concept). For one extra track (and liner notes + additional artwork in the booklet) you have to pay a lot of extra money for the Earbook.

Conclusion: Nuclear Blast sucks.

Source: see page 10, were somebody linked to the product description on the NB store.

I am going for the Earbook with the vinyl, as with that version you at least get some more extra stuff for a few extra bucks (alternate version to Grand Parade and a different mix for Miracle Machine).
And on top of that EMP has now an edition with a mirror
http://www.emp.de/art_294938/
Haha, this is a thing of beauty :lol:

Now watch them add bonustracks to the Itunes version, release an HD tracks version with better sound quality right after release (looking at you Dream Theater) and a Japanese version with the two NIME tracks. And later on record store day an 180gr audiophile vinyl to top it off.

ErHaO
Posts: 181
Joined: 23 Jun 2010 17:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#572 Post by ErHaO » 21 Nov 2014 02:26

On a more positive note, that sample made me appreciate the regular cover for the album more. It is by no means a random cover like the last two with dragons and pyramids and stuff.

Here is a very high quality version of the cover: http://static.blind-guardian.fr/pics/ne ... mirror.jpg

I have to say, there are quite a lot of details on there. The zooming in on certain parts during that sample video made me realise that. In relation to the story, you can see some defunct mirrors (not red anymore and presumably just mirrors now, as was mentioned that there was only one portal left), quite some gods (I think?), a human looking guy on top of the left stairs (the boy of the original story?) and there is this figure on the other side of the mirror (bad guy?). And as a bonus, there is the guardian "mascot" offcourse. If you hate the art, do zoom in on the higher quality version, it may make you appreciate it more :D

The image itself is quite good. The only "problem" is that is does not work very well as a cover, because the mirror in the middle attracts all of the attention. That is why I like the cover with the mirror alone a bit more, allthough that one is way more simple.

This will always remain the best, however: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2009 ... -Earth.jpg 8)


(yeah, one must do something to keep his impatience at bay until we get more music :P)

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#573 Post by Ryu » 21 Nov 2014 06:33

ErHaO wrote:On a more positive note, that sample made me appreciate the regular cover for the album more. It is by no means a random cover like the last two with dragons and pyramids and stuff.

Here is a very high quality version of the cover: http://static.blind-guardian.fr/pics/ne ... mirror.jpg

I have to say, there are quite a lot of details on there. The zooming in on certain parts during that sample video made me realise that. In relation to the story, you can see some defunct mirrors (not red anymore and presumably just mirrors now, as was mentioned that there was only one portal left), quite some gods (I think?), a human looking guy on top of the left stairs (the boy of the original story?) and there is this figure on the other side of the mirror (bad guy?). And as a bonus, there is the guardian "mascot" offcourse. If you hate the art, do zoom in on the higher quality version, it may make you appreciate it more :D

The image itself is quite good. The only "problem" is that is does not work very well as a cover, because the mirror in the middle attracts all of the attention. That is why I like the cover with the mirror alone a bit more, allthough that one is way more simple.

This will always remain the best, however: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2009 ... -Earth.jpg 8)


(yeah, one must do something to keep his impatience at bay until we get more music :P)
The image on the main site does it no justice. It's actually pretty good when you can differentiate it from the other digitally overwrought Machado stuff. I like it, genuinely.
Defiant of destiny

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#574 Post by bard_92 » 21 Nov 2014 07:32

Yes !!! Now I'm probably in love with this cover!!! My God, you saw the curtains ??? :) :D There're so many details on the mirror :D I really like it right now !!!
It's amazing !!! Thanks for sharing it in this quality !!!
Last edited by bard_92 on 21 Nov 2014 07:38, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#575 Post by Ryu » 21 Nov 2014 07:34

bard_92 wrote:Yes !!! Now I'm probably in love with this cover!!! My God, you saw the curtains ??? :) :D
It's amazing !!! Thanks for sharing it in this quality !!!
Yup, the high-res render is really helping it. I'm assuming all the faunlike creatures hanging about are the gods from the TOTG cover. Stuff being canon/coherent is so, so good.
Defiant of destiny

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#576 Post by bard_92 » 21 Nov 2014 07:40

Ryu wrote:
bard_92 wrote:Yes !!! Now I'm probably in love with this cover!!! My God, you saw the curtains ??? :) :D
It's amazing !!! Thanks for sharing it in this quality !!!
Yup, the high-res render is really helping it. I'm assuming all the faunlike creatures hanging about are the gods from the TOTG cover. Stuff being canon/coherent is so, so good.
Exactly :)

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 505
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#577 Post by wade-newb » 21 Nov 2014 09:53

I wonder what it is that thing is holding in front of the mirror? The talisman mentioned in Imaginations From The Other Side? "I hope there is a way back with my talisman".
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

User avatar
Wizard's Crown
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2014 16:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#578 Post by Wizard's Crown » 21 Nov 2014 10:40

Just turn your laptop upside down and see all the magic happening

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#579 Post by bard_92 » 21 Nov 2014 10:49

Wizard's Crown wrote:Just turn your laptop upside down and see all the magic happening

WOW !!! Never saw that !!!It seems that this cover was very underrated by us...but maybe the best by far!!! Btw, anyone else saw the cross ??? Maybe it's a reference to Christianity and I hope so :)

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 505
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#580 Post by wade-newb » 21 Nov 2014 11:50

bard_92 wrote:
Wizard's Crown wrote:Just turn your laptop upside down and see all the magic happening

WOW !!! Never saw that !!!It seems that this cover was very underrated by us...but maybe the best by far!!! Btw, anyone else saw the cross ??? Maybe it's a reference to Christianity and I hope so :)
Where? I don't think there would be a cross in there because the album doesn't seem to have much to with Christianity. Why do you hope it is?
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

crzgfx
Posts: 12
Joined: 19 Nov 2014 20:18

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#581 Post by crzgfx » 21 Nov 2014 11:53

bard_92 wrote:
Wizard's Crown wrote:Just turn your laptop upside down and see all the magic happening

WOW !!! Never saw that !!!It seems that this cover was very underrated by us...but maybe the best by far!!! Btw, anyone else saw the cross ??? Maybe it's a reference to Christianity and I hope so :)
Well, I don't, because I'm not interested in the band member's personal beliefs, I just want to hear a superb album with top notch lyrics. Hansi proved he can actually write good lyrics about non-fantasy topics on ANATO, but I honestly don't need any lyrics referring to christian faith.

User avatar
Wizard's Crown
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2014 16:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#582 Post by Wizard's Crown » 21 Nov 2014 13:00

I guess this cover is an actual reference to Imagination from the OTHER side..hahah :D

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 505
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#583 Post by wade-newb » 21 Nov 2014 13:02

crzgfx wrote:
bard_92 wrote:
Wizard's Crown wrote:Just turn your laptop upside down and see all the magic happening

WOW !!! Never saw that !!!It seems that this cover was very underrated by us...but maybe the best by far!!! Btw, anyone else saw the cross ??? Maybe it's a reference to Christianity and I hope so :)
Well, I don't, because I'm not interested in the band member's personal beliefs, I just want to hear a superb album with top notch lyrics. Hansi proved he can actually write good lyrics about non-fantasy topics on ANATO, but I honestly don't need any lyrics referring to christian faith.
The band members themselves are not even Christian, as far as I know.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

ErHaO
Posts: 181
Joined: 23 Jun 2010 17:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#584 Post by ErHaO » 21 Nov 2014 13:05

Would be neat if the back of the CD is on the other side of the mirror (just like IFTOS). Not expecting that though.

Darth Arrow
Posts: 81
Joined: 27 Jan 2005 17:42
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#585 Post by Darth Arrow » 21 Nov 2014 13:26

wade-newb wrote: The band members themselves are not even Christian, as far as I know.
Dark Age wrote:
MettleAngel: At Wikipedia there is this direct quote, "I am a faithful but very critical Christian".
Hansi: Hmnn, that is only half true.
MettleAngel: So you are not a Christian?
Hansi: I was raised as a Christian, and I do believe there is tremendous wisdom to be gleaned from the Bible, but I am not a practitioner of the faith. My family and I do not attend any religious service.
As stated by Hansi himself, I interpret that as being what we in Finland call being a "habitual Christian". So that you belong to the church mostly because traditions and cultural heritage, not because one would be an active practitioner of the faith. So my guess would be that Hansi and his family have some "basic Christian faith" mainly as a construct of german society, but he identifies himself more as a critic towards the church as an institution and not as critic towards faith and Christianity itself. At some point all the other bandmembers religious views were somewhere on the forums, but can't find them now....

EDIT: From the all-knowing wikipedia on Marcus: Growing up in a Roman Catholic family, Siepen claims to not be religious, and that he doesn't believe in God. He views Jesus Christ as a human philosopher, "a very charismatic person with a great view of how people should live together."

But I don't think we'll be seeing much religion-based lyrics this time around. It wouldn't very well fit with the IftOS-storyline I'd think.
Last edited by Darth Arrow on 21 Nov 2014 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 505
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#586 Post by wade-newb » 21 Nov 2014 13:38

Darth Arrow wrote:
wade-newb wrote: The band members themselves are not even Christian, as far as I know.
Dark Age wrote:
MettleAngel: At Wikipedia there is this direct quote, "I am a faithful but very critical Christian".
Hansi: Hmnn, that is only half true.
MettleAngel: So you are not a Christian?
Hansi: I was raised as a Christian, and I do believe there is tremendous wisdom to be gleaned from the Bible, but I am not a practitioner of the faith. My family and I do not attend any religious service.
As stated by Hansi himself, I interpret that as being what we in Finland call being a "habitual Christian". So that you belong to the church mostly because traditions and cultural heritage, not because one would be an active practitioner of the faith. So my guess would be that Hansi and his family have some "basic Christian fate" mainly as a construct of german society, but he identifies himself more as a critic towards the church as an institution and not as critic towards faith and Christianity itself. At some point all the other bandmembers religious views were somewhere on the forums, but can't find them now....

EDIT: From the all-knowing wikipedia on Marcus: Growing up in a Roman Catholic family, Siepen claims to not be religious, and that he doesn't believe in God. He views Jesus Christ as a human philosopher, "a very charismatic person with a great view of how people should live together."

But I don't think we'll be seeing much religion-based lyrics this time around. It wouldn't very well fit with the IftOS-storyline I'd think.
Thanks for the research! Marcus' view on Jesus is very interesting.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#587 Post by bard_92 » 21 Nov 2014 13:46

I preffer Hansi's view and logic...seriously, I don't support Marcus's concept, but that's not important right now !
Thank's for the research "Darth Arrow" :) :) :)

Darth Arrow
Posts: 81
Joined: 27 Jan 2005 17:42
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#588 Post by Darth Arrow » 21 Nov 2014 13:53

Be warned that this is from my memory only, but I have a vague feeling that André would've said that he is Catholic, but not religious. And that Thomen didn't believe in God as how Christianity teaches, but instead he thought that there was some kind of a universal and supernatural spirit or force which plays a part in the universe. But as I said, I couldn't find the statements anywhere anymore and can't confirm if what I remember is correct or not.

EDIT: :lol: I was browsing archive.org, and there was a topic tittled: Hansi, "faithful, 'critical' christian". And the thread had 274 posts on it in 26.2.2006 :P So the topic has been up previously, unfortunately the thread itself wasn't archived, neither was the old FAQ thread where I remember the info about bandmembers' religious views previously was. But now I'm getting offtopic, if I dig up a confirmation, I'll edit the post later.

User avatar
Avelar
Posts: 366
Joined: 08 Jan 2010 14:02

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#589 Post by Avelar » 21 Nov 2014 14:22

Don't know if it was mentioned before, but I have just noticed that there is mirror in the center of Twilight Of The Gods cover too.
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

Rokubota
Posts: 103
Joined: 02 Apr 2007 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#590 Post by Rokubota » 21 Nov 2014 19:24

I didn't like the sound of the drums in the sample but Frederik is still a very fucking good drummer and he's doing a good job. I still love the things he adds to the old songs to make them richer and his work in ATEOT is very good.

The drumming could be a bit more technical now with him in the band but the other guys in BG aren´t exploring those new options enough IMO. This song has very complex drum patterns if you believe in the magazine, I think that is much better to wait a little for the complete version to have a more objective opinion.

notimportant
Posts: 62
Joined: 18 Feb 2010 02:31

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#591 Post by notimportant » 22 Nov 2014 14:44


User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 482
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#592 Post by Dragonfly » 22 Nov 2014 14:51

notimportant wrote:https://itunes.apple.com/pl/album/beyon ... d943596778

There are track lenghts on iTunes.
This is awesome, thank you! I like long songs, especially from these guys.
So the total running time is 70:47 for eleven tracks.
I wonder why "Miracle Machine" is so short, shorter than "The Bard's Song - In The Forest" actually.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#593 Post by bard_92 » 22 Nov 2014 16:20

notimportant wrote:https://itunes.apple.com/pl/album/beyon ... d943596778

There are track lenghts on iTunes.

THANKS MAN, BEST NEWS TODAY !!!!!!!!!

YEAH, I ALSO LIKE LONG SONGS FROM THEM :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Feanor l'invincible
Posts: 128
Joined: 07 May 2006 20:56
Location: Morocco

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#594 Post by Feanor l'invincible » 22 Nov 2014 19:06

I, too like longer songs but shorter songs are usually the most agressive and real speed-metal ones, from the track lenghts I expect "Twilight of the Gods" and "Ashes of Eternity" to be the most agressive/speedsongs. If these are in fact the only songs of this kind in the album,I hope that "Ashes of Eternity" is "Tanelorn"-style with the most brutal way Blind Guardian can get to!
THE CURSE OF FEANOR RUNS LONG!

blindgfan
Posts: 108
Joined: 13 Nov 2014 11:45

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#595 Post by blindgfan » 22 Nov 2014 19:37

notimportant wrote:https://itunes.apple.com/pl/album/beyon ... d943596778

There are track lenghts on iTunes.

2 tracks being 9:27... Coincidence? On purpose?

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#596 Post by bard_92 » 22 Nov 2014 19:48

I think it's a purpose :)

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 482
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#597 Post by Dragonfly » 23 Nov 2014 00:36

Feanor l'invincible wrote:I, too like longer songs but shorter songs are usually the most agressive and real speed-metal ones, from the track lenghts I expect "Twilight of the Gods" and "Ashes of Eternity" to be the most agressive/speedsongs. If these are in fact the only songs of this kind in the album,I hope that "Ashes of Eternity" is "Tanelorn"-style with the most brutal way Blind Guardian can get to!
Don't worry, "The Holy Grail" was described as pure speed metal with a lot of Hansi's screams and "Sacred Mind" is fast too, but has a soft intro. Moreover, we still don't know anything about "Doom" which can also be a speedy track. The matter is, Hansi mentioned that they were working on 5 faster songs but so far we get four of them on the album ("Twilight Of The Gods", "Ashes Of Eternity", "The Holy Grail" and "Sacred Mind"). The fifth one could have become "Doom"... or left out of the album. Who knows.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
Orodaran
Posts: 5412
Joined: 17 Aug 2002 21:59
Location: Hall of the Mountain King
Contact:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#598 Post by Orodaran » 23 Nov 2014 02:05

bard_92 wrote:
Wizard's Crown wrote:Just turn your laptop upside down and see all the magic happening

WOW !!! Never saw that !!!It seems that this cover was very underrated by us...but maybe the best by far!!! Btw, anyone else saw the cross ??? Maybe it's a reference to Christianity and I hope so :)
Sorry for the potentially dumb question, but... never saw *what*? the generic fact that when the cover is upside down you see a bit clearer the various figures and characters that are at the bottom, or it's something more specific?
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Rokubota
Posts: 103
Joined: 02 Apr 2007 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#599 Post by Rokubota » 23 Nov 2014 06:35

A really long song in the beginning is something that I don't like. Sacred bored me to death in the last record, never like that song and never will.

BTW, it's amazing how this band is incapable of composing something as effective as Mordred's Song. IFTOS as a whole had some of their most inspired songwriting and that's the reason why it clicked with so many people back in the day, that record just flows.

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#600 Post by bard_92 » 23 Nov 2014 07:01

I don't think that the fifth one is out of the album...
For example:
Song 9 - TOTG
Encrypted Time - Ashes Of Eternety
Wintet's coming - Sacred Mind
Holy Grail - Holy Grail

Outcast - Ninth Wave - It's like a roller caster through the last three decades of heavy metal/Many twists music wise...,a soft intro(epic and sad)/big choirs at the beginning...
So, to me they're really close to each other, and I don't think that they just have just discovered an almost 10 minute song, if it's not the "Outcast" one... :?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests