Muse

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Orodaran

Muse

#1 Post by Orodaran » 26 Jun 2009 23:06

Well, I decided to check out this band and to my surprise I like them! I have the albums Absolution and Black Holes & Revelations, some very nice songs on them as Time is Running Out (my favorite), Stockholm Syndrome, Starlight, The Small Print... anybody else into them?
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

corrupted old gnom

Re: Muse

#2 Post by corrupted old gnom » 04 Jul 2009 11:30

Orodaran wrote:anybody else into them?
everybody should ;)

you have to see them live!
wisdom starts where knowledge ends

Dreamflight

#3 Post by Dreamflight » 12 Jul 2009 04:37

Orodaran wrote:Well, I decided to check out this band and to my surprise I like them! I have the albums Absolution and Black Holes & Revelations, some very nice songs on them as Time is Running Out (my favorite), Stockholm Syndrome, Starlight, The Small Print... anybody else into them?
So now, you have to check the good albuns. :mrgreen:

But really men, this sound very cliche, but imo their best records are the first ones.

Here are some of their best moments:

SHOWBIZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRQfUmL8uis

Megalomania

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv7Q6YaV1R8

Citizen Erased

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiHUKVoYbdc

Futurism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPG71CHwgSY

Sunburn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXu00ZwcJ5w

If you like those songs, its pretty safe you'll end up linking Showbiz and Origin of Simmetry.
End Of An Era about bullfights wrote:like my mother used to say: "quit playing with your food!"

somnia

#4 Post by somnia » 15 Jul 2009 01:29

Their fifth will be released this autumn, and apparently they have a "symphony" in there (three of the tracks are named Exogenesis: Symphony Part I, II and III). I thought they were great but starting to repeat themselves but, I guess not.

Tracklist for The Resistance:

1. Uprising
2. Resistance
3. Undisclosed Desires
4. United States Of Eurasia (+ Collateral Damage)
5. Guiding Light
6. Unnatural Selection
7. MK Ultra
8. I Belong To You (+ Mon Coeur S'ouvre A Ta Voix)
9. Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
10. Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)
11. Exogenesis: Symphony Part III (Redemption)
power progressive metal: polimat
game music and soundtrack: dogac yavuz

Sanctuary

#5 Post by Sanctuary » 20 Jul 2009 09:10

really cool stuff :D

I just ordered my tickets for zurich in november later this year. <3

anyone else going?
yes.

corrupted old gnom

#6 Post by corrupted old gnom » 22 Jul 2009 22:06

maybe - i don't like the idea of being seated
why didn't i find out in time...before all the standing room was sold out?

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#7 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 24 Jul 2009 03:45

nice band,had heard a lot of people mention things about them,but today i listened to many songs,seems like a nice band,fresh sound,versatile.
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

somnia

#8 Post by somnia » 09 Sep 2009 14:21

The Resistance leaked, and it's terrible. Two or three nice melodies and a fun 2 minutes in the beginning of I Belong To You; that's all there is. Exogenesis is also nice, but sounds too much like mediocre movie scores.

corrupted old gnom

#9 Post by corrupted old gnom » 18 Sep 2009 20:45

:shock:
(let's hope it's just your bad taste talking ;) )

somnia

#10 Post by somnia » 18 Sep 2009 23:52

I wish :(

corrupted old gnom

#11 Post by corrupted old gnom » 22 Sep 2009 20:28

in an italian tv show muse was forced to use playback - and therefore switched instruments :D
see here

Orodaran

#12 Post by Orodaran » 22 Sep 2009 20:49

Not only that, they continued to play their reversed roles and the host didn't notice it, so she interviewed the drummer believing it was the singer :mrgreen:
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Andreas

#13 Post by Andreas » 24 Sep 2009 16:16

Muse is mainstream, so they suck.

I still have to check out how they sound, somebody recommended Absolution to me.

Led Guardian

#14 Post by Led Guardian » 24 Sep 2009 22:59

I was reading about them on Wikipedia, thinking they looked pretty interesting, when I saw that they had contributed to the Twilight soundtrack and were going to contribute to the New Moon soundtrack. If they want any respect from me, their music had better be just about perfect. Seriously, that's just disgusting.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Orodaran

#15 Post by Orodaran » 25 Sep 2009 20:13

Andreas wrote:Muse is mainstream, so they suck.

I still have to check out how they sound, somebody recommended Absolution to me.
Go for Absolution, yes! 8)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

somnia

#16 Post by somnia » 25 Sep 2009 22:23

Led Guardian wrote:I was reading about them on Wikipedia, thinking they looked pretty interesting, when I saw that they had contributed to the Twilight soundtrack and were going to contribute to the New Moon soundtrack. If they want any respect from me, their music had better be just about perfect. Seriously, that's just disgusting.
That's probably nothing to do with the band, though I agree it's disturbing.

Orodaran

#17 Post by Orodaran » 25 Sep 2009 22:24

Imagine all wannabe goth teens at the next Muse concerts, with them onstage seeing the crowd and going wtf :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Led Guardian

#18 Post by Led Guardian » 25 Sep 2009 23:32

somnia wrote:
Led Guardian wrote:I was reading about them on Wikipedia, thinking they looked pretty interesting, when I saw that they had contributed to the Twilight soundtrack and were going to contribute to the New Moon soundtrack. If they want any respect from me, their music had better be just about perfect. Seriously, that's just disgusting.
That's probably nothing to do with the band, though I agree it's disturbing.
No, it is. From an interview I just dug up:

"Bellamy said the band is up to the challenge. 'I think it's all right. ... If it was one of the main tracks on [our] album, I would never do it,' he said. 'But it's actually one of the weirder tracks on the album ... one of the 'can't believe we got away with it' kind of tracks. I think it might be worth giving it a go [because] it's a track that might not get played live very often ... so it might give that track some life that it wouldn't have otherwise.'"

They're actually making an alternate version of a song just for the movie.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

kraemerdrummer

#19 Post by kraemerdrummer » 26 Sep 2009 20:59

I must admit I love muse in general. I have yet to hear their newest, but Absolution is an outstanding album.
One thing I never understood is the constant comparisians between them and Radiohead. They both have vocalists that use falsetto
whoop de doo
Radiohead's a better band overall, but Muse is not a radiohead-wannabe

And there is some good music that is popular
Out of the mist it's coming closer now
It never rains -- it pours on me
So let the saints
Set up the courtyard, the unpleasant cage
The obvious point is I'm insane

somnia

#20 Post by somnia » 27 Sep 2009 17:16

Led Guardian wrote:They're actually making an alternate version of a song just for the movie.
Meh then.
kraemerdrummer wrote:I must admit I love muse in general. I have yet to hear their newest, but Absolution is an outstanding album.
One thing I never understood is the constant comparisians between them and Radiohead. They both have vocalists that use falsetto
whoop de doo
Radiohead's a better band overall, but Muse is not a radiohead-wannabe

And there is some good music that is popular
First two albums were a little close to what Radiohead did a while back, and similarity of the vocals added to it (Matt had even said he was actually inspired by some of Thom Yorke's vocals). But now they're more like trying to be the next Queen.

Orodaran

#21 Post by Orodaran » 27 Sep 2009 19:30

I heard the new album once or twice... it's not bad, but I feel that the "awesome" song is missing... a piece that stands out more than the rest... I'll see how it goes with the next listenings...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

corrupted old gnom

#22 Post by corrupted old gnom » 11 Oct 2009 17:43

my impressions after two spins:
the first three songs sound nice...then it get's a bit weaker

Dreamflight

#23 Post by Dreamflight » 12 Oct 2009 23:57

Here's my warning:

Just give the album more spins, it will grow more and more. I didn't like it a at first as well, but now I think its much better than Absolution and BHaR (not that hard though).

Mk Ultra its in the vein of Showbiz and OoS, and the final triology its just amazing.
End Of An Era about bullfights wrote:like my mother used to say: "quit playing with your food!"

kraemerdrummer

#24 Post by kraemerdrummer » 19 Oct 2009 17:07

I actually disliked their new album

so much that I didn't even finish it. I will give it another go, but where did they go wrong???
Out of the mist it's coming closer now
It never rains -- it pours on me
So let the saints
Set up the courtyard, the unpleasant cage
The obvious point is I'm insane