Third Demons & Wizards album is Schaffer's next target

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Twister

Third Demons & Wizards album is Schaffer's next target

#1 Post by Twister » 11 Mar 2018 12:31

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iced-e ... this-year/
Jon Schaffer wrote:[...] there's no hurry for ICED EARTH to rush into anything. It's gonna be a while before we do a new record, 'cause this is so new. And the next thing on my docket is DEMONS & WIZARDS anyway, so that's coming later in the year — that's gonna be the focus of the creative energy this year. So we've got plenty of time. We're talking to some labels and looking at different options, but there's nothing set in stone yet."
The interview also discusses stuff like D&W touring, how Touched By the Crimson king was a bit "rushed up" and Hansi's and Jon's songwriting.

A release date this year seems a bit optimistic, but still, in the next months we should be getting Orchestral project, new D&W and maybe even new electric BG... that's something!
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

priderock

Re: Third Demons & Wizards album is Schaffer's next target

#2 Post by priderock » 14 Mar 2018 09:23

Pff, what can I say... In the next 3 and a half years we will probably get 3 releases - the orchestral album in 2019/Demons And Wizards in 2019 most probably/and the regular BG in 2021...
Prepare yourself, guys... This means like 30 new songs, when usually we get 10 for the same time..
I really can't express my feelings right now...

Sometimes, I just want to skip all the releases and then in 2021 to make a playlist with all of those 30 songs and then take a long walk... I know I won't do that, but can you imagine it... A moment for a lifetime... :)

Andreas

#3 Post by Andreas » 19 May 2018 14:40

I've learned to know better than holding my breath for anything Blind Guardian related :P

I just wait to be getting hyped when a release date is given.

Max

#4 Post by Max » 08 Aug 2018 16:37

Jon Schaffer announced Demons & Wizards play at Wacken 2019 as only german festival.

What a nice suprise ;-)
Follow the blind
Your journey, your last hope, it can begin
These passing dreams were real no fantasy
There are more things than we know
Come take my hand