Opeth's 25 Year Anniversary shows

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Frozen within

Opeth's 25 Year Anniversary shows

#1 Post by Frozen within » 20 Mar 2015 18:28

Hey guys,

Is anyone else going to one of these Opeth shows ? Damn, I must say I'm truly excited to hear the Ghost Reveries album played entirely from start to finish :) I kinda lost interest in them since they decided to be a (imo mediocre) progrock band, but this I can't skip.

For a long time I thought that the show in the London Palladium was going to be the only anniversary show, I'm so glad they added several more concerts so that at least a fair amount of fans can experience this event !

Fuck, I'm totally psyched already !
Eat more vegetables !

Gandalf de Grijze

Re: Opeth's 25 Year Anniversary shows

#2 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 21 Mar 2015 10:39

I'll be joining ya!
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Frozen within

#3 Post by Frozen within » 21 Mar 2015 12:55

And that heerscht :)
Eat more vegetables !

Gandalf de Grijze

#4 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 21 Mar 2015 13:01

it heerscht as fuck!
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Frozen within

#5 Post by Frozen within » 25 Dec 2015 14:01

Oh, right, the october gig in Utrecht was fucking awesome 8) I will probably always resent them for abandoning pretty much all of the harsher elements, which in my opinion made them a so much more dynamic (read : interesting) band, but it was still awesome to see a band in their finest form (I swear they did not make even the slightest mistake throughout the whole evening) performing great music.

But I did have a major problem with them playing almost all new material exclusively, beside of course the integral set of Ghost Reveries. I mean they named it their 25 year anniversary show for God's sake, so it would have made a lot more sense if they would have presented a fair historical overview of their career, instead of merely focusing on the present.

Ah well, at least I got to hear Reverie / Harlequin Forest live for the first time, which for me alone made the whole experience extremely worthwhile and memorable.

Dunno why, but I have still the faintest flicker of hope that they're going to include more heavy elements on the next album.

NP : Opeth - Reverie / Harlequin Forest
Eat more vegetables !