Elvenking The Pagan Manifesto

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Baby_Kürsch

Elvenking The Pagan Manifesto

#1 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 11 Feb 2015 22:38

Folk metal has always been very touch and go for me. Elvenking was the very first folk metal band I had ever listened to and to this day Heathenreel is probably still one of my all time favorite metal albums. Over the years I've followed Elvenkings career very little listening to new songs here and there and not really caring for them. Recently I had heard they put out a new album, The Pagan Manifesto, so I picked it up and gave it a good listen. I'm really surprised and how superb this album is anyone else out there regularly listen to Elvenking?
wade-newb wrote:It was just me, Blind Guardian, and a whole lotta awkward D:

ErHaO

Re: Elvenking The Pagan Manifesto

#2 Post by ErHaO » 18 Feb 2015 00:24

I can confirm this is goddamn amazing. Technically a very compotent album and amazingly fun and upbeat. I did not even care for this band all that much, aside from a handful of songs. But this rocks. After seeing several people state this was a great album I clicked on yt, and I love it :D

It kind of reminds me of early Sonata Arctica, Ensiferum, Rhapsody (of fire) and some other powerfolkmetal stuff thrown in one epic stew.

Orodaran

#3 Post by Orodaran » 18 Feb 2015 21:57

This album is amazing and follows the equally amazing Era. I love these guys, they're from Italy so I see a lot of their concerts and I kinda know them (I'm in that "Not really a friend, but not just a random fan" zone I'd say), they're super nice guys and they've really found their style.

Absolutely suggested for every Blind Guardian fan, that's for sure!
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Baby_Kürsch

#4 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 21 Feb 2015 00:41

Oddly enough a friend of mine turned me onto Elvenking back in the days of LiveJournal. It was kinda strange because in Highschool I was the only person I really knew that listened to "real" metal. It was the time were Korn and Slipknot were kings and no one knew who Blind Guardian was. He also was the only other person (than my brother) who listened to Iced Earth.
wade-newb wrote:It was just me, Blind Guardian, and a whole lotta awkward D:

sciacallo010

#5 Post by sciacallo010 » 27 Feb 2015 00:59

I really like them, but I wouldn't call it Folk Metal, it's more like Power Metal with some folkish elements.