Serious Black

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Feanor l'invincible

Serious Black

#1 Post by Feanor l'invincible » 21 Nov 2014 15:18

New Thomen's band just released first song today. The album will be available January 16th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnO-uRsdIgg
THE CURSE OF FEANOR RUNS LONG!

Andreas

Re: Serious Black

#2 Post by Andreas » 25 Nov 2014 20:05

This one's going on the list. Love the track, I'm looking forward to the release and seeing them live :D

Traveller in Time

#3 Post by Traveller in Time » 09 Jan 2015 18:51

At the beginning too much synths in my eyes/ears, but strong song! Grows my hope for a really outstanding album
reminds me from time to time to Edguy's Ministry of Saints
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcuoyGMrRuk
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Gandalf de Grijze

#4 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 10 Jan 2015 10:45

I really love those synths, nice and cheesy
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Traveller in Time

#5 Post by Traveller in Time » 11 Jan 2015 16:54

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:I really love those synths, nice and cheesy
Maybe than you like this Battle Beast song as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSmON-pcpA

reminds a bit on the saber rider theme! ;D

Gandalf de Grijze

#6 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 11 Jan 2015 22:10

yeah, quite like it, but i keep expecting the song to explode and grow more powerful, sadly it didn't.
The serious black track on the other hand... that one goes straight into powermode after the cheesy synth intro
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Traveller in Time

#7 Post by Traveller in Time » 12 Jan 2015 20:15

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:yeah, quite like it, but i keep expecting the song to explode and grow more powerful, sadly it didn't.
The serious black track on the other hand... that one goes straight into powermode after the cheesy synth intro
First i was shocked because of the synth, but i can imagine the blinking eye Battle beast gives us here.
But the lyrics are quite cheesy :mrgreen:

Twister

#8 Post by Twister » 16 Jan 2015 01:14

Thomen has new health problems and won't be able to play in the upcoming Serious Black tour… so, so sorry for him!!! :(
Thomen wrote:Dearest Serious Black fans, friends and business colleagues,
This is certainly one of the blackest days of my life and to be honest, I hardly dare to say it. As it is at the present time, Roland and me, both of us, can´t play the upcoming tour with Serious Black for health reasons. It seems, as if we´re followed by bad luck at the moment.
Roland has serious problems with tinnitus since the last Masterplan tour already and needs to protect his hearing now to keep any long-term damage, he told us. Thanks a million to Bob Katsionis, who immediately agreed to replace Roland as he got asked. Those of you, who know Bob as Gus G´s band colleague in Firewind, should be convinced by his guitar skills already! So he is a great replacement for Roland, no doubt about it!
Concerning my problem, please read as follows:
Since the video shoot for 'High and Low' I have immense pain in my right shoulder, my back and my right arm, right down to my fingers. The first days of rehearsals simply aggravated the pain, so I immediately had to quit. I first thought of a muscle strain, because of the cold temperatures during the video shoot, but unfortunately it turned out differently than I thought.
The results of the medical radiological imaging showed that I have a herniated disc in the cervical spine, which presses on a nerve. In addition, there seem to be 2 further discs in my spine, which make problems and lead to a numb feeling in 2 fingers of my right hand from time to time. Apparently there was already a damage, which I had previously not perceived as extreme, but playing drums for the video shoot at only 2 degrees may have helped to make the situation worse, the doctors say.
I can promise you that the doctors and physical therapists have tried everything possible to get me somehow fit for the tour start, but the few remaining days just before the tour have not been sufficient as it seems.
Therefore, it is anyway better to use common sense right now and consequently combat the current problems with a regular long-term physiotherapy combined with anti-inflammatory painkillers, before I will probably even risk the upcoming festival shows in summer. My physical therapist is pretty confident that he can get me back in good shape by summer.
As you can imagine, this momentarily situation tears my heart in pieces, but I´m 100% convinced that my band members will play a great, successful tour, anyway!
I know this is disappointing news for most of you, but I hope for your understanding.
A thousand thanks to Ramy of Freedom Call, who will replace me on this tour and immediately began practicing the songs when he heard this news! He is more than just a worthy replacement!
Please, support Serious Black and rock the venues with my friends! I´ll be back…. latest in summer for the festivals…..I´ll give my best to recover as soon as possible! In Oberhausen I´ll be watching the show for sure, so I´ll surely also be available at the merchandise desk later for a chat with one or the other of you.
Take care and have fun! Sorry for this bad news!
I love you all!
Thomen
News taken from his FB page…
Get well soon, Thomenator!
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

Andreas

#9 Post by Andreas » 16 Jan 2015 10:40

Sad news. Not only because I'm yet to see Thomen and Grapow live (concert next Monday would've been a first), but mainly because it sounds really bad. Hope he will be back (no... OK, a little bit pun inteneded) soon!

Traveller in Time

#10 Post by Traveller in Time » 20 Jan 2015 00:50

Great album! It's sad that Thomen and Grapow can't play the live shows.
Looking forward to rock with them live!

Andreas

#11 Post by Andreas » 20 Jan 2015 18:14

Twas very nice :)

Blackened

#12 Post by Blackened » 15 Feb 2015 20:44

Amazing record!

Saw them live last friday...fantastic!

Greektrooper

#13 Post by Greektrooper » 21 Feb 2015 15:18

Off topic: As I was reading the credits of BtRM in the digipack, Guardian give credits to Thomen and Serious Black!! To tell you the truth I have no idea why they did that but I surely liked the fact that the band still shows some appreciation in Thomen after all these years.

Traveller in Time

#14 Post by Traveller in Time » 22 Feb 2015 20:09

Hansi meets Thomen from time to time or at least they phone (he said so in some interview)
So Zhomen is not totally out of the BG world.

Btw Grapow left the band, because he wants to concentrate on masterplan.

Really strange that they can't forsee that two main bands is a hard work and mostly makes one suffering from the other.
Strange that Grapow hasn't known it before.....