Nevermore

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Baby_Kürsch

Nevermore

#1 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 19 Jan 2013 03:23

Any news on Nevermore?? I know sometime in 2011 Loomis left and so did the bassist? or drummer? I cant recall the other member that left at the moment. Ive had a hard time drudging any news up on these guys, anyone know anything?
wade-newb wrote:It was just me, Blind Guardian, and a whole lotta awkward D:

Traveller in Time

Re: Nevermore

#2 Post by Traveller in Time » 19 Jan 2013 17:18

"On April 11, 2011, Nevermore cancelled their scheduled North American tour with Symphony X. Later on April 21, 2011, long time and founding members Jeff Loomis and Van Williams announced their departure from Nevermore citing personal and musical differences.In addition, on May 3, 2011 it was announced that Nevermore had cancelled their entire Australian tour. However in July 2011 Warrel Dane announced that Nevermore is not dead, and right now his main focus is on Sanctuary. Warrel Dane also mentioned that it'll be hard to keep Nevermore legacy alive, since Jeff Loomis will be tough to replace. Jeff Loomis has said that he does not rule out a reunion with Nevermore."

source: wikipedia
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Baby_Kürsch

#3 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 20 Jan 2013 04:41

I was hoping for something from 2012 but i have been unable to find it. i guess ill just keep my fingers crossed.

blind-man

#4 Post by blind-man » 21 Jan 2013 16:23

I really hope they don't try to record a new album without Jeff Loomis. His songwriting and guitar playing are a huge part of what made Nevermore so unique.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

Baby_Kürsch

#5 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 22 Jan 2013 01:07

I just now picked up Plains of Oblivion, Loomis' 2nd solo album, and its pretty damn good.

Perse

#6 Post by Perse » 22 Jan 2013 03:45

Warrel Dane said in some interviews that he would like to keep Nevermore going without Loomis. But I doubt that he will do so. He, for example, did not cover a single Nevermore song with Sanctuary on their last tour, although there are two members of Nevermore in their current line-up (Dane and Sheppard). But they played two new songs (World is wired and I am low) and at least I am low sounds a lot like Nevermore. Dane also said that he is working on a new solo project. And, judging from his recent live performances, he will keep on singing like he did on the Nevermore records. He said that he could still pull off those high screams, but when you watch the video from Download this year, it is hard to believe that they will record another song like battle angels. So maybe there won't be a new real Nevermore album in the near future, but some records that may sound like them and feature Warrels singing. Better than nothing I guess.
I remember Warrel Dane saying that alcohol destroyed the band (I think it was in an interview with blabbermouth). When I saw them on their "farewell tour" it was Warrel who seemed a bit wasted. He forgot the lyrics multiple times, lost his pants, missed some notes... Jeff Loomis also mentioned problems with the managment, which was handled by Sheppard (the bassist) and the payment.

Shepherd

#7 Post by Shepherd » 06 Oct 2013 02:08

I think the constant touring ended the band. After Godless Endeavor was released they toured non stop for about 2 years. You can't keep that up without something giving in. It's a real shame that they are not together anymore but they pretty much maxed out their sound.

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#8 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 18 Feb 2014 18:59

i sure miss Nevermore :(
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Perse

#9 Post by Perse » 24 Feb 2014 15:20

Don't know if it has been posted already, but Shaded Enmity released a song with Warrel last year. Quite majestic performance of him if you ask me. Makes me miss Nevermore even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNxfnKnKYoc

Baby_Kürsch

#10 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 28 Feb 2014 12:12

Thanks for sharing that song, definitely made me miss nevermore as well.

Perse

#11 Post by Perse » 12 Sep 2014 13:38

So Sanctuary's next record will be released soon. I don't think it has been posted here yet, it will be called The Year the Sun Died and there are already two tracks released:

Arise and Purify
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dywhFx-piIE

Exitium (Anthem of the Living)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI07kqOoLLA

And of course there are two more songs which were performed live and got uploaded (quality not so great)

I Am Low
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAdgPMGkbbw

The World Is Wired
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3QoziQXblk

The official tracks sound a bit like Warrels solo record in my opinion. But I like them both, it's going to be a rock solid record if the other songs have the same quality.

Feanor l'invincible

#12 Post by Feanor l'invincible » 17 Nov 2014 22:20

Jeff Loomis is the new Arch Enemy lead guitar player.
THE CURSE OF FEANOR RUNS LONG!

Baby_Kürsch

#13 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 11 Feb 2015 22:31

Heres Warrel Dane on vocals with Shaded Enmity. This song really made me miss Nevermore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNxfnKnKYoc