Fresh New Bands...?!?

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Regrin

Fresh New Bands...?!?

#1 Post by Regrin » 03 Nov 2012 19:22

hey there,

I would like to have some recomendations about this theme if possible, you know there have been more disappointments than surprises! the bands I used to praise, offer me no more excitement with their lastest albums...Edguy, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Children of Bodom...I want to feel again the power of "Follow the Reaper, Visions, Legacy of Kings, Reckoning Night, Hellfire Club..." But let´s face it it´s nearly impossible to a band get once again to its roots, just see Iron Maiden/ Metallica, and well Manowar Thunder in the Sky ep was 100 times better than this Lord of Steel...

the bands that I consider are still maintaining are "new" Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray & Helloween, let´s make myself clear they have gourgeous albums nowdays, but they do not reach the epicness and kicking guts of Powerplant, Nightfall in Middle Earth & The Dark Ride/ Master Of The Rings, something wicked this way comes...

It´s really understandable back in the 80´s-90´s / beginning of 2000 all of this was new, never heard before, the industry of Metal was at it´s peak, not like the present, so it is obvious this happens...

Anyway this is NOT reason to lost the faith, though, what I find really really attractive these days and I asume they are new revelations and fight against all odds are WINTERSUN, SABATON & Ensiferum.

My intention with this thread is not being polemic and say " hey WTF Iron Maiden´s last album is the very best ever and so..." it´s just my humble point of view about all this situation.

But in the other hand if you know bands, that you find attractive and are barely known, or you just say "hey man, give it a try" it would be much much more helpful and I will try it for sure, than criticize this post... because I really hate this feeling that the best, powerful and gorgeous music on earth and I feel no longer motiveted as I was before, it is awful.

cheerz and have fun guys,

Reg
Illuminati
You'll never take control
Your new world order
Will lead to none at all
We all stand before you as one
Heaven is for everyone
To be free from the dark

MatthiasGraf

Re: Fresh New Bands...?!?

#2 Post by MatthiasGraf » 03 Nov 2012 21:01

Hi there,

check out my band :D

We are called Evertale and are about to release our first full length album this winter. It´s called "Of Dragons and Elves" and it´s a concept album about the Chronicles of the Dragonlance.

We have a first album teaser in our youtube channel and are planning to upload some demosnippets so everyone can get a clue of what we sound like. But if you like early Guardian, Hammerfall and Running Wild then give us a try :)

https://www.facebook.com/EvertaleOfficial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWNl3jCAUk

Have fun and I hope you enjoy it :)

Matthias

Dentarthurdent

#3 Post by Dentarthurdent » 06 Nov 2012 00:34

Check out Iron Savior and Circle of Silence.
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

MatthiasGraf

#4 Post by MatthiasGraf » 08 Nov 2012 17:35

Since we have another break of about 3-4 weeks till our producer returns from touring we decided to release some short snippets of
our pre-production demos. Pls keep in mind that this is NOT the final sound quality :)

Part1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxs9vTryS4E

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4o25h9r7xY

Don´t forget to run it in HQ!!!

Hope you enjoy it...

Matthias

MythsOfMetal

#5 Post by MythsOfMetal » 06 Mar 2014 05:09

Sigh has reinvented themselves with each release they've made from 1993's Scorn Defeat to 2012's In Somniphobia, they've covered tons of genres that they've mixed with their metal sound, and for the most part sound like no metal band before them. It may not be exactly what you're looking for, and I'm unsure if you still come to this forum seeing as you posted this in 2012, but give them a chance and you may not regret it.

Twister

#6 Post by Twister » 06 Mar 2014 19:19

Maybe it's your tastes that have changed - try some different music genres!

EDIT: Oh, I see… thread's a bit old. :P
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)