En Vivo

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
yamasidious

En Vivo

#1 Post by yamasidious » 13 Mar 2012 12:37

Anyone plan on getting it when it comes out?

yamasidious

Re: En Vivo

#2 Post by yamasidious » 15 Mar 2012 12:50

Apparently no one is planning on getting it. Ok thanks for the input!

Orodaran

#3 Post by Orodaran » 15 Mar 2012 21:59

Yeah, we're bored of live albums :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Isis65

#4 Post by Isis65 » 16 Mar 2012 13:29

Orodaran wrote:Yeah, we're bored of live albums :P
..and also of live gigs...
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

Alpha Penguin

#5 Post by Alpha Penguin » 22 Mar 2012 01:20

I'm getting it just because I'm a huge Iron Maiden fan, but I can definitely understand where these guys are coming from. Iron Maiden put out so many live albums and tour a lot. Touring I don't mind, but live albums, eh..if they put out a DVD of them playing "A Matter of Life and Death" or "The Final Frontier" in its entirety then it would be badass because it's something we haven't seen before. But how many times can we see the same songs live and not get bored?
How can we take it away from someone who has no right--no right to control the divine!!

Spieglein

#6 Post by Spieglein » 02 May 2012 11:53

I think En Vivo is a legitimate release because there are a lot of new songs and stuff they haven't played for some years on it. The encores get a bit boring, I have to admit, but here we also get Running free! Also, the DVD is really nice to watch with the splitscreens and the bonus material is great.
Oddly enough, the sound of the CD is not very good, whereas it is great on the DVD.
After all, the many live-recordings they put out are nice not only for die hard fans like me and who thinks he doesn't need them doesn't have to buy them.
Wussten sie, dass es immer mehr Unwissen und Ignoranz in unserer Welt gibt? Nee, wusst' ich net, is' mir aber auch egal!