Stratovarius?

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Gasha

Stratovarius?

#1 Post by Gasha » 13 Feb 2012 20:57

Anyone a fan of them? I've heard the name mentioned here and there, so I thought I'd check 'em out. Started out listening to Episode on Spotify, thought it was fairly good. Where to go next for more/better in the same style?

spamel

Re: Stratovarius?

#2 Post by spamel » 13 Feb 2012 22:08

Gasha wrote:Anyone a fan of them? I've heard the name mentioned here and there, so I thought I'd check 'em out. Started out listening to Episode on Spotify, thought it was fairly good. Where to go next for more/better in the same style?
I too, have had a go, even started playing along to one song! Will check back.
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Palantyre

#3 Post by Palantyre » 23 Feb 2012 20:53

Gasha wrote:Anyone a fan of them? I've heard the name mentioned here and there, so I thought I'd check 'em out. Started out listening to Episode on Spotify, thought it was fairly good. Where to go next for more/better in the same style?
If you mean which Stratovarius albums, I'd say Fourth Dimension, Visions and Destiny are all worth a go if you like Episode. After Destiny they completely lost their shit, don't go there.

If you mean more melodic euro power metal in the same vein, I'll point you to earlier Edguy. Albums Vain Glory Opera, Theater of Salvation, The Savage Poetry (remake version, not the original) and Mandrake, to be precise.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

Slapshot

#4 Post by Slapshot » 24 Feb 2012 04:53

Love all of the bands mentioned so far. I also recently found a pretty good group called "Iron Savior". Check them out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahk-1gwHUG4