Piet Sielck leaves Savage Circus

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Twister

Piet Sielck leaves Savage Circus

#1 Post by Twister » 23 Dec 2011 01:40

http://www.savage-circus.com/

Piet Sielck has left Savage Circus. Not that the band had reasons to exist after Thomen's kick out.
I guess the rest of them will disband soon...
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

T3hOverlord

Re: Piet Sielck leaves Savage Circus

#2 Post by T3hOverlord » 23 Dec 2011 20:26

what did he mean by "Therefore I put the fate of Savage Circus in the hands of Emil and Jens, who's decision it may also be to correct the band's completely fictional founding legend or not."?

and I disagree with your statement, Of Doom And Death was a much better album than Dreamland Manor, and as Peit said, he wrote all the shit, therefore, Thoman's contribution was pretty non-existant rather than giving the band a quick fame jumpstart.

Orodaran

#3 Post by Orodaran » 23 Dec 2011 20:40

T3hOverlord wrote:what did he mean by "Therefore I put the fate of Savage Circus in the hands of Emil and Jens, who's decision it may also be to correct the band's completely fictional founding legend or not."?
I don't even understand the english meaning of it, let alone what Piet actually implied or meant.

I don't think I even heard Of Doom and Death; Dreamland Manor was a very nice album, but it also served to remind why Blind Guardian did the right thing in changing style album after album without ever repeating themselves.
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

T3hOverlord

#4 Post by T3hOverlord » 23 Dec 2011 23:15

What I'm interpreting from Piet is "In the future, Jens and Emil may want to come clean about the the band's early history", though I don't know what they would have to hide. It sounds like he's pretty pissed off that the band cause it seems he was the workhorse behind it all.

Anyone else have any idea what he meant?

Twister

#5 Post by Twister » 25 Dec 2011 13:51

Orodaran wrote:
T3hOverlord wrote:what did he mean by "Therefore I put the fate of Savage Circus in the hands of Emil and Jens, who's decision it may also be to correct the band's completely fictional founding legend or not."?
I don't even understand the english meaning of it, let alone what Piet actually implied or meant.
After a couple of days thinking about it, my conclusion is that the "fictional founding legend" was the fact of being a Blind Guardian IFTOS-period clone band. So, he's saying "You decide if you want to continue this way or not". Pretty hard to understand, though, whatever the message may be :roll:
T3hOverlord wrote:and I disagree with your statement, Of Doom And Death was a much better album than Dreamland Manor, and as Peit said, he wrote all the shit, therefore, Thoman's contribution was pretty non-existant rather than giving the band a quick fame jumpstart.
Dunno, haven't even got the will to listen to Of Doom and Death. Savage Circus was founded by Thomen to continue a certain league of Blind Guardian's work, and this had sense since Thomen himself was in Blind Guardian during that period. Other than that, you could really feel some kind of "same touch", and that was, of course, Thomen's drumming.

Without Thomen, well, there are already many bands acting like Blind Guardian's wannabe. So Savage Circus became just another one - with a good line-up, I agree, but nothing more than another one.

Anyway, I didn't like that much Dreamland Manor, too, so who cares, after all :lol:
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

Beren Ercharmion

#6 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 27 Dec 2011 09:38

T3hOverlord wrote:"Therefore I put the fate of Savage Circus in the hands of Emil and Jens, who's decision it may also be to correct the band's completely fictional founding legend or not."
Twister wrote:Savage Circus was founded by Thomen to continue a certain league of Blind Guardian's work
Maybe that's the "completely fictional founding legend" Piet was referring to?
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

Twister

#7 Post by Twister » 27 Dec 2011 11:04

Yeah, that's also what I pointed out too :)

(Hansi Kursch)

T3hOverlord

#8 Post by T3hOverlord » 28 Dec 2011 06:35

So . . . Piet may be saying that Thomen didn't create Savage Circus? Maybe Blind Guardian kicked him out because of his failing heath (just as Savage Circus ended up doing)? I hope for further developments on this very interesting story.

Shadow_Zero

#9 Post by Shadow_Zero » 11 Sep 2013 14:38

I only just found out Piet quit and Thomen is back heh.
Any more insights in what Piet's leaving words meant?

Personally I love the first Savage Circus album!!! Second one not so much. One of my biggest concert disappointments was that Savage Circus had to cancel their show in the Netherlands due to the bass player being ill or having an injury. They played as support (or maybe even double headliner) for Circle II Circle. Hope to see them live some day though! Third cd coming, so it's still possible :D

Shepherd

#10 Post by Shepherd » 06 Oct 2013 02:04

Shadow_Zero wrote: Savage Circus had to cancel their show in the Netherlands due to the bass player being ill or having an injury.
That sucks. I wouldn't have minded to hear them play without bass. No slag on bass but I'm sure the fans would understand.

Shadow_Zero

#11 Post by Shadow_Zero » 01 Feb 2017 16:53

Chance brought me back to this topic after all these years ;P
But yeah, missing the live show sucked!

Still quiet currently on Savage Circus side, but they still seem to be alive, somehow...

EDIT:
Wow, almost 10 years ago already! http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/savage ... ellations/
SAVAGE CIRCUS, the German/Swedish band featuring former BLIND GUARDIAN drummer Thomen Stauch and PERSUADER members Jens Karlsson (vocals, guitar) and Emil Norberg (lead guitar), announced last week that it has cancelled the remaining dates on its European tour with CIRCLE II CIRCLE and TOMORROW'S EVE. The group's official statement on the matter reads as follows:

"Unfortunatly our bass player (Yenz Leonhardt) is faced with a massive muscle contortion in his shoulder resulting from ongoing overtaxing during rehearsals and touring. Being in pain from the very first minute of the tour his condition worsened day by day and finally reached a point where he had to see a doctor specializing in sports injuries. In Milano Yenz wasn't able to move his head anymore... The doctor called him off duty immediately and gave him 20 (in words: TWENTY!) painkiller shots in the neck and spine. Even though the doc forbade Yenz to even look at a bass guitar for at least a week, he decided to play that last show in Hamburg at the Ballroom. But there was just no way in going on after this.

"We are very sorry about this rather unexpected and unplanned end of our tour for SAVAGE CIRCUS, but there was nothing we could do. We are glad though, that Yenz's condition is a temporary one, so our ongoing and future plans are not in any danger. Also some of you may think that Thomen has had some problems again. This, fortunately, is not the case at all. In fact we all had a lot of fun on the road and grew together as a band even more. We are absolutely sure that there will be another opportunity for all of you to see SAVAGE CIRCUS live on stage in the near future.

"We send greetings and all our best wishes to CIRCLE II CIRCLE, TOMORROW'S EVE, TEMPESTA and our great crew! Hope to see you guys all again soon!"