Adam Lambert new Queen singer?

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Isis65

Adam Lambert new Queen singer?

#1 Post by Isis65 » 08 Nov 2011 15:46

I have heard, yesterday, it seems that Adam Lambert will be the new lead singer of Queen ....
I had never heard of this guy, I went to look about him .... he does not even have thirty years (he was born in 1982 .... basically a sperm ...), American Jewish origin, a frightening resemblance to Bill Kaulitz of Tokio Hotel (or at least, wear make-up eyes in the same way), he did a lot 'of things: he sings, is a song-writer, he's an actor ....
Dunno, I got the impression he's an american kid created by the star system to become an idol of little emo girls .... Then maybe he will be too good, will have talent, sing well, will stop' make-up of an idiot and will reveal a great musician .... for now, the only thing I care about him is that he looks really will have the infinite courage (or the infinite unconscious) to get on a stage with Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon to take the place of Freddy Mercury ....
Who gave me the news yesterday claimed that the Queen would have had much better singers than he ...
Dunno, can 'maybe .... what does not return to me is that anyone thinks that there may be those who can' take the place of Mercury, 20 years after his death.
What is the point? The Queen were one of the most important band in the Rock history, they have done incredible music (and some bad song, like everyone else).
Mercury died in 1991, leaving behind him devastating empty space .... his way of singing, his theatrics on stage, his taste for camouflages, his voice .....
I do not think that I'll never find the strength to listen to the new Queen, with someone else than Freddie at the voice....
They think to publish yet another Gratest Hits with songs from the golden days sung by the new member? Or to record new songs?
They will tour and television appearances?
I make them my best wishes, perhaps they will also have the most success among 'young people, who have never seen the Queen on stage ...
I, who have been lucky enough to see them in Milan in 1984 (only date they have ever done in Italy .... I had not yet begun to turn to Europe for concerts, and I must be content with that precious memory) I prefer to be lulled into the past ....
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

Dentarthurdent

Re: Adam Lambert new Queen singer?

#2 Post by Dentarthurdent » 08 Nov 2011 20:45

The other three don't need a new singers, they're all incredible good at singing themselves.

Just listen to the first verse of Who Wants To Live Forever, sung by Brian May. There are not many singers who can pull that one off. And then lo!, here comes Freddie and goes even more over the top...
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Desert_Storm

#3 Post by Desert_Storm » 08 Nov 2011 21:48

Isis65 wrote: I make them my best wishes, perhaps they will also have the most success among 'young people, who have never seen the Queen on stage ...
I don't think that Queen is a band that would have much success with "young people" nowadays. And the few (compared to the mainstream audiences) who actually would like this style of music have most probably all seen recordings of shows like the '86 wembley concert and will now share your opinion, i.e. that they're not going to find somebody who can replace Mercury or that they can find somebody who sings extraordinary in his own way but will make the new band very different to the original Queen. I would count myself to one of those young people, since I never got the chance to see the Queen that I love, neither the Yes, the Genesis or the ELP. I most probably won't go to any fixed or potential shows of any of those bands however, since I have the records and the Videos from the respective eras that I liked and I know how they sounded, and going to the shows of such bands with key members replaced and playing different styles would seem quite pointless to me.
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Twister

#4 Post by Twister » 09 Nov 2011 03:16

I don't know the guy. I liked Paul Rodgers singing with them, though, he was indeed more fitting in the "rockish" stuff of theirs.

Anyway, am I the only one who's thinking that Lady Gaga will finish up to their mic? :lol:
Sounds sacrilegious, in a way, but still...
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

Heed The Blind

#5 Post by Heed The Blind » 09 Nov 2011 07:10

If they do this...this will insult and just enrage any legitimate metal fan. Queen is a wonderful awesome band, that has influenced so many damn artist past, present and future...he can never live up to it. He is just...ugh, why would they even consider this. Why! I hope this isn't true, they will lose all credibility and standing with their fans...or at I would think(and I know least me).

Isis65

#6 Post by Isis65 » 10 Nov 2011 22:02

Lady Gaga is pretty nice to me, I don't like his songs, but it is not 'important ....
The fact is that I just can't consider the surviving trio + anyone else to sing as "Queen" ...
Is my limit, but the Queen had a beginning and an end ... what comes after can certainly be valuable, but not Queen ...
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

Heed The Blind

#7 Post by Heed The Blind » 11 Nov 2011 01:24

Lady Gaga and Adam Lambert can work together...they would be fine(I don't like either, whatever) but both of them need to stay away from the legacy that is Queen. :evil:

Isis65

#8 Post by Isis65 » 24 Nov 2011 17:19

just a moment to remember a great man ....
24 november 1991 - 24 november 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSkx34M3XtY
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

Joost

#9 Post by Joost » 04 Dec 2011 11:30

Of course nobody can *really* replace Freddy... ever... this guy, Marc Martel, at least comes close:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREKkAk628I
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Isis65

#10 Post by Isis65 » 05 Dec 2011 16:36

Joost wrote:Of course nobody can *really* replace Freddy... ever... this guy, Marc Martel, at least comes close:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREKkAk628I

It's not bad, but I must say .... that's the problem ..... for me, anything they can do without Freddy is not "Queen", but, at most, a cover band (perhaps excellent) of Queen .....
What could go well, there are some excellent cover bands around, one of them is from my country, have made ​​several concerts in Europe and also won some awards .... and do not claim to be the original.
It's probably just my problem, I too loved the Queen and Freddy Mercury to be able to resign his loss .....
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

Desert_Storm

#11 Post by Desert_Storm » 06 Dec 2011 02:30

Joost wrote:Of course nobody can *really* replace Freddy... ever... this guy, Marc Martel, at least comes close:
really does sound close!
Isis65 wrote: It's probably just my problem,...
As written above, it isn't ;) To "replace" Freddy, they would need another legend as he was one. Paul McCartney comes to mind ;)
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#12 Post by Metal Fan » 19 Dec 2011 21:06

Isis65 wrote:Lady Gaga is pretty nice to me, I don't like his songs, but it is not 'important ....
:lol:
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Isis65

#13 Post by Isis65 » 27 Dec 2011 22:31

umh .... I must remember that in English possessive adjectives agree with the complement and not with the subject of the phrases... maybe I should make the decision to put me to study English next year ...
(but in the end, what do I care? , I never liked English language, despite everything I've had to learn it ... to studying it also seems definitely too much for me..)
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs