Hammerfall - Infected

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Andreas

Hammerfall - Infected

#1 Post by Andreas » 21 May 2011 15:51

I'm taking my third or fourth listen to the new Hammerfall album right now. Not their typical sound, still pretty badass. Plus, for me they always have credit for getting me into metal.

NP: Hammerfall - Patient Zero

Frozen within

Re: Hammerfall - Infected

#2 Post by Frozen within » 22 May 2011 16:16

They're sort of responsible for getting me (further) into metal as well, together with BG, and I did like 'em for a year or so. But as I listened to more and more bands from different genres, I quickly came to realize that power metal just wasn't my (main) cup of tea. However, I've recently stumbled upon the album Blood Alliance from this band called Power Quest, and the stuff I heard really won me over. I'm a big sucker for the 'old-geezers-drinking-beer-together' type of metal :wink: Hammerfall is good for a laugh though :)
Eat more vegetables !

Guardiao Cego

#3 Post by Guardiao Cego » 23 May 2011 04:04

From this album, I only heard "One more time" and also watched the video clip...funny :)

MarchOfTime

#4 Post by MarchOfTime » 23 May 2011 04:32

I first heard some stuff from the album and the whole concept....I was kinda thrown off. I've got a little better of a listen now and its not as bad as I first thought. Maybe its just me but a lot of the songs seem to have this like sudden stop in the middle of them (one more time, patient zero, BYH....), its not bad or anything just something i picked up on.
Bow down in the platinum maze
Twilight cathedrals spread the system plague
Forging sacred thrones in the void unseen
Merciless judgement in the church of the machine

majesty

#5 Post by majesty » 23 May 2011 20:14

HammerFall was also the reason why I´ve started listening to metal :o
Seems like they´re very good in these kind of things :P
Haven´t listened to the new album yet...but I like the new cover, because it´s not a typical HF cover.
The Lights are up,
Now let the play begin!

*Why save the world when you can rule it? And why touch the ground when you can fly away to dreams...?*

The Rider Of Rohan

#6 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 24 May 2011 19:12

I'm listening to it for the second time. BYH is a great song, but I'm not yet sure about the rest. It seems like derived too far from their original path for my taste. And the production is quite poor compared to the previous ones.

I might like it in a couple of spins, but so far it's a disappointment.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

corrupted old gnom

#7 Post by corrupted old gnom » 24 May 2011 19:50

only had about a minute or two to listen to it in the store
...and I wasn't in the mood to buy the new record
the artwork and the title alone aren't very "hammerfally" - and the powerful sound somehow made the vocals appear thin
but like I said: I had about two minutes - so let's just say it wasn't love at first sight :wink:
wisdom starts where knowledge ends

Gandalf de Grijze

#8 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 25 May 2011 19:13

it is not bad, but not as catchy as the rest..
Going to see them saturday in Dokkum, interested in how it will turn out live
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Orodaran

#9 Post by Orodaran » 25 May 2011 19:59

Count me in the "meh" department, after one listening....
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

The Rider Of Rohan

#10 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 25 May 2011 22:49

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:it is not bad, but not as catchy as the rest..
I just hope they won't be doing what Maiden does, namely shoving a bunch of new songs up everybody's throats and play a couple of the classic songs during the encore.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Gandalf de Grijze

#11 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 25 May 2011 22:50

indeed, nor do i hope they do what BG does, playing only 1 or 2 new songs and for teh rest only the same old songs over and over..
somewhere in between would be fine..
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands

The Rider Of Rohan

#12 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 26 May 2011 18:20

1 or 2 songs is good, enough even. They're headliner, so everybody'll be intoxicated anyway.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Andreas

#13 Post by Andreas » 27 May 2011 01:20

I must say the album is growing on me a lot. The only weak song is One More Time now.

The Rider Of Rohan

#14 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 28 May 2011 09:09

It' s still pretty meh to me. BYH is a good song, But One More Time is major wtf. And the production still sounds like it' s a demo.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Skyflat

#15 Post by Skyflat » 28 May 2011 15:28

Very nice album!! It can't reach the GLORY TO THE BRAVE level but it's very good for hammerfall!
Hails from Cyprus!!!
http://www.Cy-Metal.com

lord of the west

#16 Post by lord of the west » 30 May 2011 00:07

Hammerfall and Blind Guardian got me out of the north american metal cliche rut and i thank them for that :). I remember after listening to hammerfall the first time, i got a $50 itunes and got almost their whole collection (at least what the NA itunes had) and i dont have any regrets to date of what i did lol. After first listening to Infected my first time around i thought it was ok, but after listening to it a couple more times i really love it! It's not as great as some of their other works but its a great album (just my opinion).

corrupted old gnom

#17 Post by corrupted old gnom » 08 Jun 2011 20:22

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:it is not bad, but not as catchy as the rest..
Steven, how did the show turn out to be?
wisdom starts where knowledge ends

Orodaran

#18 Post by Orodaran » 08 Jun 2011 21:00

Orodaran wrote:Count me in the "meh" department, after one listening....
Eventually I've come to like some of the songs... but then again, I like some of the songs on most Hammerfall albums :P favorite ones are the four that go from One More Time to Dias de Las Muertos, also the following two (I Refuse and 666) are not bad, but it's just an "ok" album for me... the've done much, much better
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Gandalf de Grijze

#19 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 08 Jun 2011 21:52

they played pretty well after about 40mins of delay.. but to me it wasn't as good as i'd hoped, mostly due to not liking the new songs much. Though live they do sound better, the album gives me a bit of a feeling like they didn't really want to do it, it feels like the CD was more an obligation to their label than a good creative product. but live they seemed to put a bit more effort in it so it at least doesn't feel like an obligatory bunch of songs anymore..

But still they could never hope to top Pagan's Mind's concert, which was just energetic and awesome from the first to teh last second...
I should prolly open a new topic about them tonight or tomorrow...

Gandalf de Grijze

#20 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 08 Jun 2011 21:53

they played pretty well after about 40mins of delay.. but to me it wasn't as good as i'd hoped, mostly due to not liking the new songs much. Though live they do sound better, the album gives me a bit of a feeling like they didn't really want to do it, it feels like the CD was more an obligation to their label than a good creative product. but live they seemed to put a bit more effort in it so it at least doesn't feel like an obligatory bunch of songs anymore..

But still they could never hope to top Pagan's Mind's concert, which was just energetic and awesome from the first to teh last second...
I should prolly open a new topic about them tonight or tomorrow...

Andreas

#21 Post by Andreas » 09 Jun 2011 10:03

I wasn't too much into Pagan's Mind. My sister liked them though. For me, the HF show was the highlight of the festival. I even enjoyed One More Time, even though I think it's their worst song ever.