KK Downing retires from Judas Priest

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Orodaran

KK Downing retires from Judas Priest

#1 Post by Orodaran » 20 Apr 2011 20:56

"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Avelar

Re: KK Downing retires from Judas Priest

#2 Post by Avelar » 20 Apr 2011 21:06

:cry: Why he did that? There won't be 100% Judas Priest at Wacken :cry:
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

Orodaran

#3 Post by Orodaran » 20 Apr 2011 21:22

I'd like to know, dammit! I truly hope it's not because of health issues..... he was in the band for 40 years and he gives up before the supposed farewell tour?!?!?! damn what a drag!!!!!
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Gandalf de Grijze

#4 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 20 Apr 2011 22:25

that is bad timing indeed... just one more tour.. i mean.. c'mon....
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Andreas

#5 Post by Andreas » 21 Apr 2011 21:27

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:c'mon....
+1 :|

The Rider Of Rohan

#6 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 21 Apr 2011 21:42

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:that is bad timing indeed... just one more tour.. i mean.. c'mon....
Well, he kinda confirms my guesses about this only being their first farewell tour.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Orodaran

#7 Post by Orodaran » 22 Apr 2011 19:26

KK said that he's feeling well and that he left because of issues with the rest of the band and the management, and that he felt his presence on tour wouldn't have been sincere.

Damn, man, you endured it for 40 years, roll with another world tour even if you're pissed off at Rob or Gleen or Jayne Andrews or whatever. We owe him so much and he has nothing to prove and he deserves to do whatever he wants, but still........
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

West Virginia Mule

#8 Post by West Virginia Mule » 27 Apr 2011 10:35

:| And they hire some dumbass kid half the age of Tipton to replace him. This is as hard to take as Halford not being in the band, especially for those of us who wanted to see the real thing one more time before they're ride off into the sunset. Or who have a kid who has never seen them, and now they get 4/5 Judas Priest for the first and last time. Geez, Ken.
KILROY WAS HERE

The Rider Of Rohan

#9 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 27 Apr 2011 23:11

Hmmm... About their drummer, isn't he a sub too?
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Orodaran

#10 Post by Orodaran » 27 Apr 2011 23:22

He's been there since 1990, he's part of the family as much as the other guys by now, and I don't think the band is interested anyway in getting back a convicted child molester.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

The Rider Of Rohan

#11 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 28 Apr 2011 18:43

Yeah, but then it's not exactly 4/5th Priest, more like 3/5th Priest. If the current guy joined in 1990, then he joined for their (at the times) farewell-album, long after the high points in their carreer.

Who plays the bass btw?
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Orodaran

#12 Post by Orodaran » 28 Apr 2011 19:37

Ian Hill, always had, always will.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

The Rider Of Rohan

#13 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 29 Apr 2011 06:26

Let's hope so.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Orodaran

#14 Post by Orodaran » 29 Apr 2011 18:43

Indeed - I just couldn't resist making a rhyme :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

The Rider Of Rohan

#15 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 29 Apr 2011 18:45

I still wonder why Priest didn't get Mike from Halfor to fill in... He's one of the best guitarplayers for this style of music. Plus he covered all of the material, and he would've added a lot of credibility to the change.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

corrupted old gnom

#16 Post by corrupted old gnom » 08 May 2011 18:25

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:I still wonder why Priest didn't get Mike from Halfor to fill in... He's one of the best guitarplayers for this style of music. Plus he covered all of the material, and he would've added a lot of credibility to the change.
you have a point here
wisdom starts where knowledge ends

West Virginia Mule

#17 Post by West Virginia Mule » 14 Jun 2011 11:21

Metal Mike is awesome, but...I think he's Polish. You have to be English to be in Judas Priest. Or...uh...from Cleveland. Whatever.

The new guitar kid seemed to fit in well on the American Idol appearance.
KILROY WAS HERE