New Lady Gaga single

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
The Rider Of Rohan

New Lady Gaga single

#1 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 11 Feb 2011 23:18

And once again, it's great. Looking forward to the album.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ladygagaoff ... end=1&ob=4

The song also includes her most brilliant lyric of all times ever: "Don't be a drag, just be a queen."

Gaga FTW. 8)
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

arwen091

Re: New Lady Gaga single

#2 Post by arwen091 » 13 Feb 2011 04:25

This song sounds exactly like Madonna's Vogue.

Can no one make anything at least sound original?

I mean, the message is fantastic, don't get me wrong. It's just frustrating sometimes how hard she tries to be everyone else yet people still see her as "original".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJQSAiODqI
"The road goes ever on and on. Down from the road where it began. Now far ahead the road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errand meet. And whither then? I cannot say."

Palantyre

#3 Post by Palantyre » 13 Feb 2011 04:53

I don't think there's anything intrinsically wrong with pop-music per se (being a big fan of Indica for starters), but I honestly don't see what's supposed to be so great about that insipid tripe. I listened to it for about three minutes and my topmost thought was "this might become a good Machinae supremacy cover since it already has some Nintendo sounds".

Pokerface at least has a somewhat nice chorus melody, this one had nothing.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

MarchOfTime

#4 Post by MarchOfTime » 13 Feb 2011 06:18

My opinions of all pop/rap/hip-hop/reggae/techno/sappy untalented light-rock(Jason Mraz): At least it isn't Country
Bow down in the platinum maze
Twilight cathedrals spread the system plague
Forging sacred thrones in the void unseen
Merciless judgement in the church of the machine

The Rider Of Rohan

#5 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 13 Feb 2011 10:07

Palantyre wrote:Pokerface at least has a somewhat nice chorus melody, this one had nothing.
Disagree. Whilst it's true it doesn't have the same instant appeal of Pokerface and Bad Romance, it's still fearly good. You have to listen to it a couple of times in order to get the song, but that's no big deal... There were more songs lke that on The Fame.

So all in all, I'm happy with it. And the Madonna-influences are phunny.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

LeBard

#6 Post by LeBard » 13 Feb 2011 15:48

I liked the beat in the beginning, but then it just went... nowhere. I'm surprised that Gaga released this as her first single, it's such a boring song and not-Gaga. It sounds like something made for a Chevy commercial.

It was awesome 1989 though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gpWE#t=51s

Well, it was only due time she made a wrong move with the first single. Hopefully the rest of the album is great.

West Virginia Mule

#7 Post by West Virginia Mule » 14 Feb 2011 21:39

Palantyre wrote:insipid tripe
Garbage music for a garbage culture, possessed of all the staying power of wind. Fuck this shit and, yeah, anything of the type you hear on , for example, Sirius channel 1.
KILROY WAS HERE

somnia

#8 Post by somnia » 16 Feb 2011 03:29

Not trying to be a wiseass but, is there any music in there anyway? Other than the extremely cliché vocal melody and beats that is.
power progressive metal: polimat
game music and soundtrack: dogac yavuz

The Rider Of Rohan

#9 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 16 Feb 2011 19:12

Well, there's vocals, melody, a sound, and music. It's called, like, a song.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

corrupted old gnom

#10 Post by corrupted old gnom » 17 Feb 2011 02:22

the song didn't convince me right away, but I have to admit that I didn't listen to it more than this one first time
I doubt that she'll ever release anything as great as ' Bad Romance'...
wisdom starts where knowledge ends

The Rider Of Rohan

#11 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 18 Feb 2011 20:23

I think you are right. But let's be realistic: The Fame Monster was Gaga's Rain In Blood. It's the kind of album you only write once in a livetime.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Freak666

#12 Post by Freak666 » 21 Feb 2011 19:21

The song itself is good, but it has not that evil gaga-vibe other outputs got.

Orodaran

#13 Post by Orodaran » 21 Feb 2011 21:12

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:I think you are right. But let's be realistic: The Fame Monster was Gaga's Rain In Blood. It's the kind of album you only write once in a livetime.
Now I'm imaging the starting, foreboding three drum hits of Raining Blood as an intro to Paparazzi.
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

The Rider Of Rohan

#14 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 31 May 2011 18:41

I spent some time with the new album Born This Way and I cannot get over the fact how good it is - hell, in some ways it even blows the previous two away. The songs work together much better as a whole than they do as individual singles. The thing that makes it so great is that there's so much more to these songs than her previous material: there's more variety and a much wider range of influences than before. It's a bit more mellow at times, which makes it pretty listenable.

One of the best albums of the year so far.
spamel wrote:
Periods.