Shadow Gallery European Tour

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Strahd

Shadow Gallery European Tour

#1 Post by Strahd » 24 Sep 2010 09:15

Shadow Gallery kicks of their small European tour (and first tour ever) with headlining Progpower Europe next weekend. Anyone here that will be attending any of their gigs?
I'll be at the London-gig for sure.
Now Listening To: Evergrey - Glorious Collision
Now Reading: Graham McNeil - Mechanicum
Now Playing: Dragon Age II
Now Watching: -

Envinyatar

Re: Shadow Gallery European Tour

#2 Post by Envinyatar » 24 Sep 2010 17:04

I might go to see them in Essen, but not sure yet. Would like to :)
Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!
"Do you know what an aqueduct is?" - "It has something to do with water..." - "And...?" - "A duck?!"
"If I could speak the language of rabbits, they would be amazed, and I would be their king." -Raj
"The future is like a Japanese game show. You have no idea what's going on."
"Is space hot?" - "Of course it is, where else do you think we get pineapples from?"

Paha tipu!
Concert photography -> StageShots.net

Orodaran

#3 Post by Orodaran » 24 Sep 2010 19:46

I always liked Shadow Gallery, and the fact that they're touring is already per se a very special and memorable event.

Considering that they play in my hometown, it would be extremely foolish to not go, so I will definitively and very happily go!!!!

Such a bummer that they only manage to tour after having lost Mike Baker :( :( :(
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Gandalf de Grijze

#4 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 25 Sep 2010 11:53

I wanted to go to progpower.. but i HATE going to concerts alone, so i'm not going in the end...
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Orodaran

#5 Post by Orodaran » 25 Sep 2010 13:00

I'll go alone to Shadow Gallery and I won't care 8) furthermore, being alone is always a chance to strike up a conversation with a fellow metalgirlie :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Strahd

#6 Post by Strahd » 28 Sep 2010 01:26

I travel from Sweden to London by myself to witness this historical tour. What kind of fan would I be not to go considering that
I have dreamt to see them live for the past 15 years. I do agree that it's really sad that they never managed to do this while Mike
was around but life goes on and I will continue to support this amazing band for as long as they exist.

Orodaran

#7 Post by Orodaran » 28 Sep 2010 20:41

Damn right!

I'm playing Digital Ghosts now, gotta be ready for the gig :wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Strahd

#8 Post by Strahd » 05 Oct 2010 14:07

Just got back from their gig in London yesterday and what can I say except, WOW. If you have a chance to see them this tour, do it.
You'll me mad at yourself later on if you don't. Definitely one of the best gigs I have ever had the pleasure of attending. There were some technical
difficulties in the beginning of the show but it was all overcome with the positive energy that came from the band. They played songs from every album
and although the loss of Mike can still be felt, Brian does an admirable job filling his shoes.

Orodaran

#9 Post by Orodaran » 07 Oct 2010 11:52

Well, how to not agree with you?
I saw them yesterday evening, with Maplerun as opening act; good and funny guys, they were overwhelmed by our warm response (you can't beat italian and mediterranean crowds 8) ) and at a time the singer noticed me singing along (I was just repeating a chorus) and pointed at me so happy, dhehe!

Shadow Gallery were just so damn awesome, having a great mix of juvenile enthusiasm (Gary Werhkamp for example was there jumping and with his hands in the air like a young footballer being welcomed for the first time in a stadium) and musical experience gathered in all their years of activity, that was shown in all the exchanging of the instruments; basically everyone in the band (singer included) plays 2 instruments and they were going back and forth through guitars and keyboards (now I understood while during the setup there were 3 keyboards on stage!)...

I was front row, right in front of Carl Cadden-James, and I had his passion and energy and class in front of me all the time. Brian Ashley is good too, nice stage presence and a very good performance. Of course Mike was unique and he was remembered by Carl (I pride myself in having started the chants "Mike! Mike!" after that), but since sadly there's nothing we can do about this tragic loss, we must look forward as SG did and Brian was a very good choice, both for his voice and for his multi-instrumentalist skills.

The show had too some minor technical issues and it was completely filmed (drum solo of Joey Nevolo included, with his drumming all over the stage, literally, and his fluorescent sticks dehhe), and for the encores the guys all came back on stage wearing Italy shirts 8)

Later outside the venue they confirmed how much they loved the show and how we were the best crowd of the tour so far, and they were all kind and talkative, appreciating all the positive feedback and compliments we bestowed on them. I took picture with basically all the guys, and also ended my conversations with them by saying "Long live Mike", they were all clearly touched and appreciative of that (Gary for example thanked me a lot about it and gave me his hand by his will).

Great, great show and I'm already looking forward to the next one - I told all of them that this first tour should not be the last!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Orodaran

#10 Post by Orodaran » 07 Oct 2010 12:50

Also, if somebody's interested, this is the setlist, I can confirm it's correct:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/shadow-ga ... 52a25.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Orodaran

#11 Post by Orodaran » 29 Oct 2010 21:17

You're talking about the tour that has just ALREADY HAPPENED and is actually FINISHED?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Little Dragon

#12 Post by Little Dragon » 30 Oct 2010 13:17

maybe he is just a smart-but-not-so-clever spambot missing a detail?
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

Led Guardian

#13 Post by Led Guardian » 31 Oct 2010 23:03

I've noticed a disturbing trend in spam. It seems that they're starting to make relevant posts more often. There was one advertising a hypnosis DVD in his signature who was commenting on spam bots, as well as making an on-topic post. :shock:
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Orodaran

#14 Post by Orodaran » 01 Nov 2010 10:40

This dude has made just another post - and it's on topic as well and it also starts with Hi Guys and ends with Thanks a lot. No link in his sig or in his profile. If he's a spambot what the hell he's spamming for? :shock:
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Led Guardian

#15 Post by Led Guardian » 01 Nov 2010 20:13

Orodaran wrote:This dude has made just another post - and it's on topic as well and it also starts with Hi Guys and ends with Thanks a lot. No link in his sig or in his profile. If he's a spambot what the hell he's spamming for? :shock:
Highlight his post. He's another one of those "how to treat depression" spammers.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Orodaran

#16 Post by Orodaran » 01 Nov 2010 21:27

D'uh!!! they've gone THAT far??? :?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------