Opeth will release ... yet another DVD

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

Opeth will release ... yet another DVD

#1 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 11 Aug 2010 03:16

The performance at the Royal Albert Hall (recorded on the 5th of April, 2010) includes two sets, the first consisting of the band performing 2000’s now-classic, breakthrough epic, Blackwater Park in its entirety, and the second, a chronologically arranged selection of material from the rest of Opeth’s extensive catalogue, totaling almost three hours of music. The front cover artwork concept pays tribute to Deep Purple´s Concerto for Group and Orchestra, underlining the band’s longstanding love for their prog-rock roots.
full article
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/page ... s_id=97704

fuckin a!
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Gandalf de Grijze

Re: Opeth will release ... yet another DVD

#2 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 11 Aug 2010 19:30

hell yeah
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

nerjal

#3 Post by nerjal » 12 Aug 2010 22:37

Cool, but I guess the apex at least for me is Harlequin Forest, one of the best songs imo that as far as I know have never been played live before
Bravery is not a function of Firepower - JC Denton

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#4 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 12 Aug 2010 23:12

nerjal wrote:Cool, but I guess the apex at least for me is Harlequin Forest, one of the best songs imo that as far as I know have never been played live before
that is one kickass song,i have a soundboard audio bootleg of a show they did in Frankfurt where they play it,i can upload the track if you want.though i must say,Mikael must've been on a bad night,his harsh vocals sucked.

Envinyatar

#5 Post by Envinyatar » 13 Aug 2010 17:55

I've been to the show in Essen in April (part of the same tour) and if the DVD is nearly as good as that one ... well it was one of the best shows I've seen so this is a must-buy :)
Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!
"Do you know what an aqueduct is?" - "It has something to do with water..." - "And...?" - "A duck?!"
"If I could speak the language of rabbits, they would be amazed, and I would be their king." -Raj
"The future is like a Japanese game show. You have no idea what's going on."
"Is space hot?" - "Of course it is, where else do you think we get pineapples from?"

Paha tipu!
Concert photography -> StageShots.net

nerjal

#6 Post by nerjal » 14 Aug 2010 05:40

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:that is one kickass song,i have a soundboard audio bootleg of a show they did in Frankfurt where they play it,i can upload the track if you want.though i must say,Mikael must've been on a bad night,his harsh vocals sucked.
I'd appreciate that ;)

Bender B. Rodriguez

#7 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 14 Aug 2010 06:21

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5knq5ymncj6miq5
i compressed the whole bootleg thing,it's seven tracks,50 something MB
there ya go :wink:

nerjal

#8 Post by nerjal » 14 Aug 2010 23:57

Why thank you sir! Yeah, Akerfeldt's growling is odd on Harlequin Forest... but it still kicks ass! And Wreath is always an experience (since Deliverance is my fav)

corrupted old gnom

#9 Post by corrupted old gnom » 15 Aug 2010 09:50

nerjal wrote:Cool, but I guess the apex at least for me is Harlequin Forest, one of the best songs imo that as far as I know have never been played live before
i'll have to see that one - my friends even travelled to london for that show...and it must have been awesome
we've seen opeth in conegliano (italy) last year...and i'm pretty sure they played the harlequin forest there
wisdom starts where knowledge ends

nerjal

#10 Post by nerjal » 16 Aug 2010 00:53

corrupted old gnom wrote:i'll have to see that one - my friends even travelled to london for that show...and it must have been awesome
we've seen opeth in conegliano (italy) last year...and i'm pretty sure they played the harlequin forest there
I've seen such info in a opeth board but yeah, they probably did...I just remember some guys saying that Harlequin Forest hadn't been in the setlist for many years

Frozen within

#11 Post by Frozen within » 19 Aug 2010 11:19

One of their best songs I think. Although I've lost a lot of interest in Opeth since Watershed, I still long for a new album on which I hope to hear them abandon 'death' metal even further and focus on experiment and low key songs. We'll see :)
Eat more vegetables !

ptseo069

Jordan Shoes

#12 Post by ptseo069 » 19 Aug 2010 18:12

timberland boots

spamel

Re: Jordan Shoes

#13 Post by spamel » 19 Aug 2010 18:22

ptseo069 wrote:Jordan Shoes
I'd prefer to see Jordans' tits! And I cannot stand the woman, which gives you, oh spammer, a gauge on how reprehensible a creature I think you are. :evil:
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Bender B. Rodriguez

#14 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 19 Aug 2010 18:24

if we could just find the bastard who makes this spam proceses we'd....well i guess we'd do nothing

GenKraid

#15 Post by GenKraid » 21 Aug 2010 09:25

Very cool! I love me some Blackwater Park!
NO REMORSE