Tuatha de Danann "Trova di Danu".

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Skyclad

Tuatha de Danann "Trova di Danu".

#1 Post by Skyclad » 29 Jun 2009 17:07

This is probably the CD that was the hardest for me to find. Their early albums were easy to find here in the U.S. because that label liked to deal with U.S. distros, but their new label doesn't. I'm fucking happy I finally happened across it... what... 3 or 4 years now after it was released? :D
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Wicked Child

Re: Tuatha de Danann "Trova di Danu".

#2 Post by Wicked Child » 01 Jul 2009 16:14

I don't know if you're up to what's happening.. but it seems that a violinist joined the band.

I saw them playing with this guy last 6th June on the festival that they organize every year, and I gotta tell ya, the new arrangements are kicking asses! They also played a new song!! =)

Oh, and about Trova di Danu, this is their best IMO. I'm surprised with your struggle to buy their CDs.. I'll try to forward your statement to Bruno, they need to do something about it! :P

Oh.. one more thing.. on this festival that is organized by Bruno, they brought Martin Walkyer last year.. and they played a whole Skyclad/Tuatha set list with Tuatha being the support band.

Rare are the times when I can make you envy about watching a gig that you U.S. citizens cannot! :)
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

Skyclad

#3 Post by Skyclad » 01 Jul 2009 16:51

Wicked Child wrote:I don't know if you're up to what's happening.. but it seems that a violinist joined the band.

I saw them playing with this guy last 6th June on the festival that they organize every year, and I gotta tell ya, the new arrangements are kicking asses! They also played a new song!! =)

Oh, and about Trova di Danu, this is their best IMO. I'm surprised with your struggle to buy their CDs.. I'll try to forward your statement to Bruno, they need to do something about it! :P

Oh.. one more thing.. on this festival that is organized by Bruno, they brought Martin Walkyer last year.. and they played a whole Skyclad/Tuatha set list with Tuatha being the support band.

Rare are the times when I can make you envy about watching a gig that you U.S. citizens cannot! :)
That's cool they have a violinist. I never know what's happening with the band since they never update anything in English. Kind of like Mago de Oz.

I don't think this is their best album... it's awesome, and it even has a slight few black metal moments, but my fave will always be "Tingaratalalalalalalala" or whatever it's called.

I didn't have a problem finding any of their other CD's... they were all readily available in the U.S., even their demo CD. But that new one is a bitch to find.

I saw the video of Tuatha and Martin Walkyier onstage together... awesome stuff!!
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Wicked Child

#4 Post by Wicked Child » 01 Jul 2009 18:55

Tingaralatingandun! Yeah.. that's my second fave...

The guys are indeed kinda lazy on updating stuff in english. I think it is mostly because the festival stuff going on.. they must work the entire year. The festival got big these days.. this festival is the closest we can get to Wacken, so you imagine the hard work involved.

Have you hard Bruno's solo stuff? It's similar to Blackmore's Night, but it's sung in portuguese. He doesn't sing anything.. he just plays the stuff. It's called BRAIA, if you're interested to.

Ornendil

#5 Post by Ornendil » 02 Jul 2009 10:19

Braia kicks ass as well. The closest we've got to a new Tuatha-release…

Any news on the live-DVD and acoustic album they were supposed to release?

What's the festival called? Organized by Bruno must mean kick-ass and worh the trip!
If you have facts, bang the facts, if you have witnesses, bang the witnesses, if you have neither, bang the table.

Wicked Child

#6 Post by Wicked Child » 02 Jul 2009 21:02

Last update on the DVD is dated from 11-24-08:
The works of edition on the Tuatha de Dannan's acoustic DVD are on finishing phase. The final edition was assigned to Frames & Filmes from Passos-MG. By the pre-selection, Tuatha's fans can wait for a unforgettable release. Follow the news through our site.

The festival is called Roça'N'Roll.. (Roça means farm, in portuguese - because it takes place in a farm! :P )