Riverside - ADHD

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Gandalf de Grijze

Riverside - ADHD

#1 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 17 May 2009 13:30

Exactly 44 minutes and 44 seconds will be the length of the upcoming, fourth Riverside album entitled “Anno Domini High Definition”, the most energetic and rockin’ record of the band. The material recorded in Studio X in Olsztyn will be released worldwide on June 19th, 2009 by InsideOut, and on June 15th, 2009 in Poland by Mystic Production. The booklet layout has again been designed by Travis Smith.

There will be five pieces on the album:

1. Hyperactive
2. Driven to Destruction
3. Egoist Hedonist
4. Left Out
5. Hybrid Times

Some of them will be played at the forthcoming Riverside concert – on April 26th in Studio club in Kraków.
More details concerning the new album can be found on a special website www.annodominihighdefinition.com
We are glad to inform that the new Riverside album "Anno Domini High Definition" will be released in two versions - the basic one and the extended one with a bonus DVD with a concert recorded in Paradiso club in Amsterdam in December 2008 during the Reality Dream Tour.

Bonus DVD:
Live in Amsterdam

1. Volte-Face
2. I Turned You Down
3. Reality Dream III
4. Beyond The Eyelids
5. Conceiving You
6. Ultimate Trip (excerpt)
7. Panic Room
I'm pretty excited over this, the song on their myspace sounds interesting: http://myspace.com/riversidepl
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Scion

#2 Post by Scion » 27 May 2009 11:16

I've been listening a lot to Riverside lately, I didn't know anything about a new album, thats cool! By this point im confident that whatever this band creates will be good. They seem to have the perfect balance in their music, between aggressive and soft, dark and bright, while at the same time being complex, artistic, beautiful, meditative...hard to put into words.

And it's hard to say anything about the new album based on the song, but it seems it's gonna sound fresh while at the same time being trademark Riverside (or so i speculate.)
Unlock the door, and see the truth.
Then time is time again.

Gandalf de Grijze

#3 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 05 Jun 2009 12:15

review and interview by LoM:
http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.p ... 83&lang=en
http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showintervie ... 08&lang=en

interesting interview and a pretty high marked review
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands

Slaya

#4 Post by Slaya » 09 Jun 2009 22:18

As they are somehow related to Kataxu and Sunwheel their stuff´s got to be some good - I´ll be sure to check them out.
Where the lazure skies tear the hearts apart
And as leaden ice they remain deep inside your eyes
Where the morning burns starlight ashes to dust
All my songs I´ve thrown to the seven winds

Last.Fm : http://www.lastfm.de/user/SomethinWicked/

Gandalf de Grijze

Re: Riverside - ADHD

#5 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 27 Jul 2009 21:41

my expectations were met.. love this band to death!

and the dvd is nice as well, although it is too bad it only includes about half the show (i was at the show) as all teh songs were highlights of their own.

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#6 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 28 Jul 2009 15:15

this is a great album,i'll probably get more of these guys.
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Envinyatar

#7 Post by Envinyatar » 31 Jul 2009 11:10

I've seen them live last month in Helsinki where they played ...I think 4 songs of that new album. Pretty nice gig all in all (and first time I saw them actually). Too bad I didn't really know much of the new material then, but have to check them out again when I can.
Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!
"Do you know what an aqueduct is?" - "It has something to do with water..." - "And...?" - "A duck?!"
"If I could speak the language of rabbits, they would be amazed, and I would be their king." -Raj
"The future is like a Japanese game show. You have no idea what's going on."
"Is space hot?" - "Of course it is, where else do you think we get pineapples from?"

Paha tipu!
Concert photography -> StageShots.net

Gandalf de Grijze

#8 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 01 Aug 2009 00:11

cool.. 4 songs ofg the new album means 4/5.. so...