Recommend me melodic death metal with deep vocals

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Message
Author
Slaya
Posts: 78
Joined: 25 Feb 2006 21:10
Location: Wuppertal,Germany
Contact:

#51 Post by Slaya » 09 Jun 2009 20:12

Spectrum wrote:
Slaya wrote:
Spectrum wrote:I am curious. Are you an actual pagan?
I am. And will answer all your questions if you have any. :wink:
All right. What kind of pagan? What gods or stuff do you believe in?
Well as I am from Germany I consider myself a germanic, folkish pagan, which means I call the gods by their germanic names (Wotan, Donar, etc.).

The most important thing for me is to reach a higher understanding of balance - between man and nature and man and god, and the physical aswell as the spiritual.

I also try to follow the laws of nature and cherish and seek to enhance and preserve my own folk - thus the term "folkish". Note this does not make me a biggot.

Furthermore I do not believe there can be coexistence of heathen traditions and the modern society/political establishment.
Where the lazure skies tear the hearts apart
And as leaden ice they remain deep inside your eyes
Where the morning burns starlight ashes to dust
All my songs I´ve thrown to the seven winds

Last.Fm : http://www.lastfm.de/user/SomethinWicked/

User avatar
Spectrum
Posts: 582
Joined: 25 Aug 2002 20:10
Location: Denmark
Contact:

#52 Post by Spectrum » 09 Jun 2009 23:34

Slaya wrote:Well as I am from Germany I consider myself a germanic, folkish pagan, which means I call the gods by their germanic names (Wotan, Donar, etc.).
Interesting. In what sense do you believe in these gods? Do you see them as literal creatures with a consciousness and personality, or "forces of nature", or something else?
Slaya wrote:I also try to follow the laws of nature and cherish and seek to enhance and preserve my own folk - thus the term "folkish". Note this does not make me a biggot.
The "laws of nature"? What does that mean?
Slaya wrote:Furthermore I do not believe there can be coexistence of heathen traditions and the modern society/political establishment.
In what sense? What aspects of modern society does your religion oppose?
- Spectrum
Did someone apply the "Half-Moron" template to your base creature?
Source: Order of the Stick

Slaya
Posts: 78
Joined: 25 Feb 2006 21:10
Location: Wuppertal,Germany
Contact:

#53 Post by Slaya » 10 Jun 2009 16:04

Spectrum wrote:
Slaya wrote:Well as I am from Germany I consider myself a germanic, folkish pagan, which means I call the gods by their germanic names (Wotan, Donar, etc.).
Interesting. In what sense do you believe in these gods? Do you see them as literal creatures with a consciousness and personality, or "forces of nature", or something else?
I believe the gods have a consciousness, yes.
If you ask me whether I believe in them as individuals or forces of nature, my opinion is :

It doesn´t matter whether the gods are the forces of nature or the forces of nature themselves are your gods - the meaning and outcome in spirituality is the same.


I will answer your other questions later this evening, gotta catch the bus now.
Where the lazure skies tear the hearts apart
And as leaden ice they remain deep inside your eyes
Where the morning burns starlight ashes to dust
All my songs I´ve thrown to the seven winds

Last.Fm : http://www.lastfm.de/user/SomethinWicked/

Frostbeule
Posts: 18
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 19:25
Location: where dark and light don't differ.
Contact:

Re: Recommend me melodic death metal with deep vocals

#54 Post by Frostbeule » 01 Jul 2009 01:32

Try Garden of Shadows - Oracle Moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-pVlaGAE8
Fire... Walk... With Me...

User avatar
Joost
Posts: 3799
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 17:54
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact:

Re: Recommend me melodic death metal with deep vocals

#55 Post by Joost » 02 Jul 2009 21:11

Come think of it: Deep Throat would be a pretty neat name for a death metal band. :P
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

User avatar
Saurius
Posts: 753
Joined: 17 Jan 2006 02:55
Location: The Heerschersland
Contact:

Re: Recommend me melodic death metal with deep vocals

#56 Post by Saurius » 03 Jul 2009 01:09

okay, here you got the best death vocals in the business imho

The Project Hate MCMXCIX

The Locust Principle

from their upcoming album The Lustrate Process
"Sing it you pussies!"

User avatar
Balaak
Posts: 60
Joined: 01 Apr 2009 23:56

Re:

#57 Post by Balaak » 24 Jul 2009 21:56

I am not Spectrum, but his question is probably something along the lines of "Is that Balaak guy for real?" :P

I was. Now I don't really believe in anything. I don't think there possibly could be a god. If there is a god I really don't like him. I believe in logic and rational thinking and supporting evidence for any given belief now.
Quote:
Maniacs dance with redhead whores who swallow lots of water in their mouth full of flowers choking themselves for all time without fulfilling any of their dreams unless stratovarius dances 4000 songs in next south park movie which is really funny but stupid in A weird way however there's somebody who you would associate with once or various asses will thrust their beers into eternal agonies extending anomalies for our glory that includes something extraordinary like having diahrrea and trying to remain calm but somehow cannot be contagious or otherwise it will fuck up your senses without remorse eternally and will fire us eternally from their nation because we are fuckers who rape sheeps despite filthy diseases such sheepish aids which contain lots of AIDS carriers like the beatles who fucked completely rock and other stuff like some bagels and condoms with chocolate covered with all hope because nothing can't beat our asshole anymore but their penises.

User avatar
Balaak
Posts: 60
Joined: 01 Apr 2009 23:56

Re: Recommend me melodic death metal with deep vocals

#58 Post by Balaak » 24 Jul 2009 21:58

Joost wrote:Come think of it: Deep Throat would be a pretty neat name for a death metal band. :P
My death metal band is NippleSplinter after an incident with woodchips going down my friends shirt. Although I don't think she actually got any splinters... :? but ya.
Quote:
Maniacs dance with redhead whores who swallow lots of water in their mouth full of flowers choking themselves for all time without fulfilling any of their dreams unless stratovarius dances 4000 songs in next south park movie which is really funny but stupid in A weird way however there's somebody who you would associate with once or various asses will thrust their beers into eternal agonies extending anomalies for our glory that includes something extraordinary like having diahrrea and trying to remain calm but somehow cannot be contagious or otherwise it will fuck up your senses without remorse eternally and will fire us eternally from their nation because we are fuckers who rape sheeps despite filthy diseases such sheepish aids which contain lots of AIDS carriers like the beatles who fucked completely rock and other stuff like some bagels and condoms with chocolate covered with all hope because nothing can't beat our asshole anymore but their penises.

Frostbeule
Posts: 18
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 19:25
Location: where dark and light don't differ.
Contact:

Re: Recommend me melodic death metal with deep vocals

#59 Post by Frostbeule » 28 Sep 2009 14:35

Australian Melodic Death sounding a bit alike to Garden of Shadows:

http://www.myspace.com/belakor

Their album Stone's Reach is great. 8)
Fire... Walk... With Me...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests