Vocalist JORN LANDE Quits MASTERPLAN - May 9, 2006

Discuss all things about music other than Blind Guardian here.
Gallows Pole

Vocalist JORN LANDE Quits MASTERPLAN - May 9, 2006

#1 Post by Gallows Pole » 10 May 2006 01:04

Babblermouth wrote: Melodic metallers MASTERPLAN have parted ways with vocalist Jorn Lande (ex-YNGWIE MALMSTEEN/ARK) due to "musical differences." During the songwriting process for the band's third album, it became increasingly apparent that the members of the group had different visions and plans for the band's musical direction. While Jorn wanted MASTERPLAN to follow a more melodic path, the rest of the band wanted to return to the metallic roots of their debut album.

Commented drummer Uli Kusch (ex-HELLOWEEN): "We are not really happy about Jorn's decision [to leave the band], but on the other side it doesn't make sense to continue if the ideas are that different. The music would suffer from it and the music is why we are doing it. We wish Jorn a successful future and want to thank him for everything he did for us. It was a great and interesting time!"

The band are currently searching for a new singer. "There are already some possibilities that might be interesting for us, but nothing is decided yet," Uli explained. "We hope that we can already present the new singer on the gigs we are [confirmed to play later in the] year. And for sure there won't be any changes in the musical style of MASTERPLAN. We are currently working on the songs."

MASTERPLAN's sophomore full-length album, "Aeronautics", came out in January 2005 via AFM Records. Lande released his fourth solo album, "The Duke", earlier in the year through AFM. The CD, which entered the Norwegian national album at position No. 54, was produced by Lande and PAGAN'S MIND guitarist Jörn Viggo Lofstad, and was mixed at Jailhouse Studios in Denmark by Tommy Hansen.
good news
A brain is something fantastic. Everyone should have one.

Envinyatar

#2 Post by Envinyatar » 10 May 2006 01:40

Bad news imo ...
Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!
"Do you know what an aqueduct is?" - "It has something to do with water..." - "And...?" - "A duck?!"
"If I could speak the language of rabbits, they would be amazed, and I would be their king." -Raj
"The future is like a Japanese game show. You have no idea what's going on."
"Is space hot?" - "Of course it is, where else do you think we get pineapples from?"

Paha tipu!
Concert photography -> StageShots.net

jetscreamer57

Re: Vocalist JORN LANDE Quits MASTERPLAN - May 9, 2006

#3 Post by jetscreamer57 » 10 May 2006 01:56

Gallows Pole wrote:
Babblermouth wrote: ... Jorn wanted MASTERPLAN to follow a more melodic path....
good news
+ 1 for Good News

The best thing about Masterplan was Jorn's vocals. I wish he would do another album with Beyond Twilight.

Envinyatar

#4 Post by Envinyatar » 10 May 2006 02:25

jetscreamer57 wrote:
Gallows Pole wrote:
Babblermouth wrote: ... Jorn wanted MASTERPLAN to follow a more melodic path....
good news
+ 1 for Good News

The best thing about Masterplan was Jorn's vocals.
In that case yes.

About Beyond Twilight...hm, I actually preferred Kelly on vocals there (the Section X album is perfect).
Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!
"Do you know what an aqueduct is?" - "It has something to do with water..." - "And...?" - "A duck?!"
"If I could speak the language of rabbits, they would be amazed, and I would be their king." -Raj
"The future is like a Japanese game show. You have no idea what's going on."
"Is space hot?" - "Of course it is, where else do you think we get pineapples from?"

Paha tipu!
Concert photography -> StageShots.net

Gallows Pole

#5 Post by Gallows Pole » 10 May 2006 02:38

Another Ark album with Jorn would be frickin awesome... but yeah... we all know its never going to happen....
A brain is something fantastic. Everyone should have one.

Scion

#6 Post by Scion » 10 May 2006 02:41

My respect to those who grieve over this, but this is great news for me. I didn't think Jorn fitted Masterplan very well, I always thought his voice was more fitted for rock. Now maybe i'll finally get a Masterplan album that i'll be able to enjoy.
Unlock the door, and see the truth.
Then time is time again.

skos

#7 Post by skos » 10 May 2006 08:21

He must do some prog rock
is going to be tabula somnia one day

fresquito

#8 Post by fresquito » 10 May 2006 10:13

So he quits ARK to join masterplan and now he leaves Masterplan. What is he trying to do? Killing every band he puts feet on?

Scion

#9 Post by Scion » 10 May 2006 11:26

Yeah well he is a bloodthursty norwegian viking.
Then time is time again.

ra me nivar

#10 Post by ra me nivar » 10 May 2006 12:13

Scion wrote:Yeah well he is a bloodthursty norwegian viking.
A bloodthirsty norwegian MELODIC viking. Which is a contradiction in terms.

I want Danny Filth to sing in Masterplan! Or Marilyn Manson! OR BOTH!

Scion

#11 Post by Scion » 10 May 2006 16:01

Well didn't viking's enjoy melody back in the day...
Then time is time again.

Spectrum

#12 Post by Spectrum » 10 May 2006 18:26

This does not actually come as a surprise to anyone, does it?
- Spectrum
Some guy from [url=http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0360.html]the Order of the Stick[/url] wrote:Did someone apply the "Half-Moron" template to your base creature?

Zaran

#13 Post by Zaran » 10 May 2006 19:38

he could sing in my band :)

Don't think he lives so far away from here.

Scion

#14 Post by Scion » 10 May 2006 21:30

Now I hope Andi Deris joins masterplan and Michael Kiske reunites with Helloween.
Then time is time again.

rdyfrde

#15 Post by rdyfrde » 10 May 2006 23:07

Scion wrote:Now I hope Andi Deris joins masterplan and Michael Kiske reunites with Helloween.
Dream on. THAT will never ever happen :lol:
"And the seer of fish heads said before he went blind"

http://rdyfrde.livejournal.com/
http://community.livejournal.com/hansikursch/

corrupted old gnom

#16 Post by corrupted old gnom » 10 May 2006 23:36

+1 for bad news
wisdom starts where knowledge ends

Weirdo

#17 Post by Weirdo » 11 May 2006 15:01

Mediocre Power Metal VS Mediocre Lovesong Rock - it's a tie

Jorn needs to quit the cheese and lay off that honeycoated part of his voice. He's got a real powerful voice, but he only seems todo soft & weak stuff with it. I wanna hear more stuff in the vain of beyond twilight - devil's hall of fame. Also some songs on his earlier solo albums had a couple of nice moments.
Damn bitch, u stupid flye', let me pull up to ur bumper and smack that monkey!

Capri

#18 Post by Capri » 28 May 2006 13:03

rdyfrde wrote:
Scion wrote:Now I hope Andi Deris joins masterplan and Michael Kiske reunites with Helloween.
Yeah, and what a nightmare it would be.
Goin' retro

Count Draztikus the Wise

#19 Post by Count Draztikus the Wise » 01 Jun 2006 20:13

rdyfrde wrote:
well, I hear his bank account is nearing the dreaded zero again... :twisted:
Mighty Jihadi Warrior against the Cows of Hades
Sleeping Dragon wrote:Draztik does not hide behind spam, Draztik IS spam.

Galahad

#20 Post by Galahad » 26 Jun 2006 22:35

whats Jorn's problem??

he has his own soloproject were he plays melodic metal...
now he wants to do the same thing with masterplan, thats a bit double.

masterplan was fucking awesome the way it was, i understand the other members that they wanted to go back to the roots of the first album.
That, with the sound of jorn's voice is one of the most awesome sounds metalworld has... and now mister 'im the arrogant singer who does what he wants' fucks it up...

your voice is fucking awesome jorn.. but no respect in this case..

The Rider Of Rohan

#21 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 04 Jul 2006 21:33

Message from Roland:
At first, I really would like to say sorry to some of my friends, cause I couldn't answer their mails!
I try to answer all the mails asap.
As you know, we still didn't decide about the new singer.
The good news are, that Jørn Lande, our ex- singer confirmed his very last four shows with Masterplan.
We are very glad about it!!!
One of them will be already the next week,
14th of july 2006 at Masters of Rock ,Vizovice, Czech republic.
Hope, that you will come:-)
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

rdyfrde

#22 Post by rdyfrde » 22 Apr 2009 08:25

Well it lasted almost three years :lol: :lol:

Singer JORN LANDE Rejoins MASTERPLAN - Apr. 21, 2009

According to the long-running Dutch rock/metal magazine Aardschok, Norwegian singer Jorn Lande has rejoined MASTERPLAN, the band led by former HELLOWEEN guitarist Roland Grapow.

Lande left the band in May 2006, citing "musical differences" between the vocalist and the rest of the band, particularly then-drummer Uli Kusch (who has since also left MASTERPLAN). During the songwriting process for the group's third album, it became increasingly apparent that the other members of the band had different visions and plans for the group's musical direction. While Jorn allegedly wanted MASTERPLAN to follow a more melodic path, the rest of the band apparently wanted to return to the metallic roots of their debut album.

Vocalist Mike DiMeo (RIOT, THE LIZARDS) announced his departure from MASTERPLAN in January 2009 after recording just one studio album with the group — 2007's "MK II".

Jorn Lande entered the studio in November to begin recording his new solo album, "Spirit Black", tentatively due in June via Frontiers Records. The follow-up to last year's "Lonely Are The Brave" CD — which entered the national chart in Norway at No. 28 and Sweden at No. 42 — will include such songtitles as "Road Of the Cross", "Black Heart" and "Rock'n Roll Angel". Jorn states, "People can expect a solid and defined album that will shake the classic metal world and hammer the future Jorn legacy in stone!"

Frontiers Records released the long-awaited JORN DVD, "Live In America", in Europe on January 23, 2009.

"Live in America" is a documentation JORN's first-ever concert in the USA, at the ProgPower USA VII festival in Atlanta, where he performed as a headliner on September 16, 2006. The incredible set saw Jorn run through a wide selection of songs taken from his solo albums, collaborations and a mindblowing WHITESNAKE medley.

Jorn Lande cut his teeth with such internationally renowned acts as MASTERPLAN, ARK, MILLENIUM, VAGABOND and THE SNAKES. He has also established himself with his own band under the name JORN, releasing seven increasingly successful solo albums. "Live In America" is a visual testament to Jorn's capabilities as an entertainer and to the incredible power and strength of his now-legendary shows and a perfect complement to the CD release which came out in September 2007.
"And the seer of fish heads said before he went blind"

http://rdyfrde.livejournal.com/
http://community.livejournal.com/hansikursch/

Knightrider of Doom

#23 Post by Knightrider of Doom » 22 Apr 2009 13:23

the only thing I didnt like about Masterplant was their standart powermetal singer, oh well :lol:

t.a.j.

#24 Post by t.a.j. » 22 Apr 2009 14:15

Jorn may be many things, but "standard power metal singer" is not one of them under any definition.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Wicked Child

#25 Post by Wicked Child » 22 Apr 2009 15:27

t.a.j. wrote:Jorn may be many things, but "standard power metal singer" is not one of them under any definition.
And it definetely worths resurrecting a 3 years old thread for stating that!

Oh, btw, wouldn't it be more accurate creating a new thread saying the Jorn "The Master" Lande is back?! 8)

YAY!
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

corrupted old gnom

#26 Post by corrupted old gnom » 22 Apr 2009 19:29

t.a.j. wrote:Jorn may be many things, but "standard power metal singer" is not one of them under any definition.
:!:

good news
wisdom starts where knowledge ends

Orodaran

#27 Post by Orodaran » 22 Apr 2009 19:53

Good to see that the Masterplan adventure carries on again on the right path 8)
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Knightrider of Doom

#28 Post by Knightrider of Doom » 22 Apr 2009 20:25

ah yeah, actually he's NOT a standart powermetal singer, but I prefer those Kai Hansen clones, lol

Beren Ercharmion

#29 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 23 Apr 2009 20:03

wow, that's the best news for ages, Jorn's an incredible vocalist, hoping for great thiings to come!
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

majesty

#30 Post by majesty » 24 Apr 2009 19:59

so there´s gonna be a new masterplan album with Jorn?
Where did you get that Jorn has rejoined Masterplan cause the homepage says they haven´t got a new singer...?
My favourite singer, Jorn Lande, again with Masterplan? A dream comes true :D

t.a.j.

#31 Post by t.a.j. » 24 Apr 2009 20:05

majesty wrote:so there´s gonna be a new masterplan album with Jorn?
Where did you get that Jorn has rejoined Masterplan cause the homepage says they haven´t got a new singer...?
According to the long-running Dutch rock/metal magazine Aardschok, Norwegian singer Jorn Lande has rejoined
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

majesty

#32 Post by majesty » 25 Apr 2009 10:42

Hello dear fans,

In the coming days some official news regarding the new singer will be posted here. The Band is very sorry for the long waiting but things could not be done differently... thanks for your patience!

Concerning the message from Aardshock magazine, it doesn't come from the Band and we have to mention that it is not true that Jorn left the band because of Uli.

The Band.

This is what the homepage of Masterplan says, well, at least there´s nothing mentioned that it ISN`T true that Jorn has rejoined :P
The Lights are up,
Now let the play begin!

*Why save the world when you can rule it? And why touch the ground when you can fly away to dreams...?*

Wicked Child

#33 Post by Wicked Child » 25 Apr 2009 14:51

Yeah.. it's extra-official.. but we all know it is a fact that Jorn (only salvation for masterplan) is BACK!! :twisted:
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

Shadow_Zero

#34 Post by Shadow_Zero » 01 Feb 2017 16:42

Awwww, did no one dig up this topic for his second departure? ^^
(just reading into it, seems like the exact same reason as the first time...)