forum.blind-guardian.com

Blind Guardian Forum
It is currently 02 Oct 2014 08:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011 18:41 

Ok so Luca has announced his new project "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody" which from what I read is going to be called "Rhapsody". This going to back to "Rhapsody Of Fire's" original name. Same logo and all. So ok this may get a little confusing. Either way I am very excited. Rhapsody Of Fire is going to continue, though supposedly not in the "fantasy" genre. Hmmm hard to imagine. While Luca's Rhapsody look to be continuing in with his fantasy epicness. So what are your thoughts about this? Two Rhapsodys' too much? Or the more the merrier? Here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR0JM6J4jFk

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011 18:43 

I did notice a previous post about this after I posted oooops! :oops:

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011 05:25 

Holy shit this is sweet, thanks for the link

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011 14:52 

Indeed. Turilli will probably maintain the symphonic speed/power metal thing, while the Of Fire band will lean more towards Crimson Glory. But that's just a guess.

PostPosted: 04 May 2012 13:03 

Well, let's see what Rhapsody of Fire will do.
Andreas was right: Luca Turilli's Rhapsody sounds exactly like...well, Rhapsody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... FqOkq8ta8U

Somehow I believe there will be two bands with awkwardly similar names making both the same kind of music :D

PostPosted: 04 May 2012 22:34 

LT's Rhapsody sounds like hes trying to copy classical artists way too much, not really catchy or epic, just too dense sounding. RoF on the other hand . . . I love the new direction they took with their last 2 albums: heavier, more awesome guitar work, and some amazingly catchy choruses.

PostPosted: 05 May 2012 19:11 

¬¬ both bands sound now insignificant... Rhapsody had its peak 12 years ago, it was my fave band those days...now LT Rhapsody´s vocals annoys me...and RoF lack of inspiration...they should stop in The Power of the Dragonflame...and Stratovarius in Infinite, few bands can prevail and even get better such as Iced Earth, Dystopia among the best records ever made by the band!

Will lead to none at all
We all stand before you as one
Heaven is for everyone
To be free from the dark

PostPosted: 05 May 2012 19:31 

They could also change the way Sonata Arctica did, but then people would complain that they are not the same anymore :P

Anyway, nobody is forced to like the new direction of a band, but I'll always favor a new experiment, a change of style, a new challenge over an attempt to rewrite a successful album.

As for Rhapsody, I've grown past the point where I care for the band, but I've heard that the Staropoli / Lione version has become very good and entertaining live...

A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: My pics site (Now with a subsection only for Milan!!) :: Some HDR photos (now linked also from my main site)

PostPosted: 10 May 2012 13:24 

And I listened some live songs on youtube, hearing the new bald guitar player screwing up big time some relatively simple solos. At the same time, he thinks quite highly of himself.

PostPosted: 10 May 2012 14:51 

So, let's summarize: LT's Rhapsody have a way better guitar player, but boring songs with lyrics no one in the universe can understand, Rhapsody of Fire have really great songs (with lyrics you get after quite a while), but a guitar player who screws them up...
Well, it seems both Rhapsodys are rather expendable then.

PostPosted: 11 May 2012 15:05 

Dunno... anyway I'm more excited about the Turilli Rhapsody than the other one. I like that new song of Turilli.

PostPosted: 12 May 2012 19:04 

I'm gonna get in here and defend LT's Rhapsody, Dark Fate of Atlantis, though lyrically doesnt make sense, is an extremely kickass song.

Can anyone provide a link of Tom Hess screwing up? I always thought he was good just because of how he presents himself as one of the greatest guitar players in modern metal

PostPosted: 13 May 2012 14:26 

T3hOverlord wrote:
I'm gonna get in here and defend LT's Rhapsody, Dark Fate of Atlantis, though lyrically doesnt make sense, is an extremely kickass song.

Can anyone provide a link of Tom Hess screwing up? I always thought he was good just because of how he presents himself as one of the greatest guitar players in modern metal

Prepare thyself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Wgi0#t=73s

This whole concert is full of "Did that just happen?"-moments. Musical virtuoso, yeah right.

PostPosted: 13 May 2012 18:33 

wow that's really bad, Luca is 10x the guitar player.
Also, notice that Luca can play at actually headbang and move around while playing. Tom has to stand there and focus 100% on the guitarwork, and still can't pull it off. He sure is full of himself though.

PostPosted: 14 May 2012 11:06 

On the LT's Rhapsody/Rhapsody of Fire stuff: always wondered why. It was Turilli the one who digged the fantasy story stuff, Staropoli couldn't give a damn. So it's curious to see that now it's Turilli who left the fantasy storyline.
I like Turilli's new song, but I find the vocalist to be so much generic. After all, he's a member of Trick or Treat, and italian band who originally was nothing more than a Helloween cover band.

Anyway, I've seen them live twice, one with Luca and one with Tom Hess, and I had a lot more fun the 2nd time. Fact, Luca was the one that less impressed me, live. Can't recall any big messes by Tom Hess in the gig I saw. :)
Plus, Tom Hess isn't the only new guy in the RoF lineup. They have another new guitar player, Roberto De Micheli, who's extremely good - had the chance to see him live a couple of years ago with his other band, Sinestesia, and he really is something.
And they have Oliver Holzwarth too.

So, basically, I think RoF lineup now is way, way better than last year's.

(Hansi Kursch)