Links in the Forum

Write here all your comments, suggestions, insults, whatever, about the Blind Guardian Official Homepage and the forum.
T3hOverlord

Links in the Forum

#1 Post by T3hOverlord » 18 Dec 2010 08:53

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but I think that when you click on a link in the forum it should open up in a new tab instead of replacing the forum page. Sereously, its tedious sometimes.

Cerbere

Re: Links in the Forum

#2 Post by Cerbere » 18 Dec 2010 23:03

I hate when links open new pages.

rdyfrde

#3 Post by rdyfrde » 18 Dec 2010 23:44

Actually you should be able to change that setting in your browser to do that.
"And the seer of fish heads said before he went blind"

http://rdyfrde.livejournal.com/
http://community.livejournal.com/hansikursch/

T3hOverlord

#4 Post by T3hOverlord » 19 Dec 2010 00:00

for me its exclusive to this forum. if you wanna stay on the forum but go to a link then you leave the forum, it sucks

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#5 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 20 Dec 2010 04:51

if you're using a mouse,just place the pointer over the link and hit the middle click button,that will open a new tab/window depending on your browser's settings.
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Led Guardian

#6 Post by Led Guardian » 20 Dec 2010 22:06

Cerbere wrote:I hate when links open new pages.
You don't like being able to see what someone is linking you to while still staying on the page with the thread? :?
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#7 Post by Metal Fan » 25 Dec 2010 21:55

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:if you're using a mouse,just place the pointer over the link and hit the middle click button,that will open a new tab/window depending on your browser's settings.
For me you klick the right button. If I hit the middle Dashboard opens...
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Palantyre

#8 Post by Palantyre » 26 Dec 2010 16:27

I wish it opened a new tab/window too. Sure I can right-click on the link and select "open in new tab" but it's a pain to try keeping that in mind, having been accustomed to not having to because every other damn place I go to does it the other way.

Yeah yeah, it's not a big issue or anything, but it is kinda irritating at times. "Right, saw the video, no need to keep this open anymore... *click* OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE."
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#9 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 26 Dec 2010 22:08

Metal Fan wrote:
Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:if you're using a mouse,just place the pointer over the link and hit the middle click button,that will open a new tab/window depending on your browser's settings.
i believe that middle mouse setting can be changed on the browser's preferences page,that will of course depend on the browser your using.

Metal Fan

#10 Post by Metal Fan » 29 Dec 2010 00:52

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:
Metal Fan wrote:
i believe that middle mouse setting can be changed on the browser's preferences page,that will of course depend on the browser your using.
No, It will depend on the computer your using. On Mac, Dashboard is Dashboard, you can't change it.
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Joost

#11 Post by Joost » 29 Dec 2010 05:20

Metal Fan wrote:For me you klick the right button. If I hit the middle Dashboard opens...
i believe that middle mouse setting can be changed on the browser's preferences page,that will of course depend on the browser your using.[/quote]

No, It will depend on the computer your using. On Mac, Dashboard is Dashboard, you can't change it.[/quote]

You can change it. Go to System Preferences, then to 'Exposé & Spaces', and there you can change whatever you need to do in order to open Dashboard. I turned the middle mouse button for Dashboard off because it just was very annoying to me.

In Safari, you can open a link in a new tab by holding the cmd/apple key, and then clicking on the link. And once you turned off the middle mouse button setting for Dashboard, you can do the same thing by clicking on the middle mouse button. :) Maybe you also have to click on 'cmd-click opens a link in a new tab' under 'Tabs' in the Safari Preferences, but I think this is set by default.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Bender B. Rodriguez

#12 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 30 Dec 2010 19:06

i stand corrected :P

Metal Fan

#13 Post by Metal Fan » 31 Dec 2010 03:16

Joost wrote:
Metal Fan wrote:For me you klick the right button. If I hit the middle Dashboard opens...
No, It will depend on the computer your using. On Mac, Dashboard is Dashboard, you can't change it.[/quote]

You can change it. Go to System Preferences, then to 'Exposé & Spaces', and there you can change whatever you need to do in order to open Dashboard. I turned the middle mouse button for Dashboard off because it just was very annoying to me.

In Safari, you can open a link in a new tab by holding the cmd/apple key, and then clicking on the link. And once you turned off the middle mouse button setting for Dashboard, you can do the same thing by clicking on the middle mouse button. :) Maybe you also have to click on 'cmd-click opens a link in a new tab' under 'Tabs' in the Safari Preferences, but I think this is set by default.[/quote]

Oh. Thanks I didn't know that!