Forum names

Write here all your comments, suggestions, insults, whatever, about the Blind Guardian Official Homepage and the forum.

Leave the forum titles as they are now, or revert?

Poll ended at 29 Sep 2010 11:38

Keep them as they are
95%
Revert to the old names
No votes
Other...
5%

Total votes: 19

Joost

Forum names

#1 Post by Joost » 19 Sep 2010 11:38

Should we keep the current, BG song title based, forum titles, or revert to the old ones?
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

faery

Re: Forum names

#2 Post by faery » 19 Sep 2010 18:02

I like these!

t.a.j.

#3 Post by t.a.j. » 19 Sep 2010 23:50

keep
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Gandalf de Grijze

#4 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 20 Sep 2010 00:21

definately keeping them
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Led Guardian

#5 Post by Led Guardian » 20 Sep 2010 05:20

I cast my vote in favor of retaining the current set of appellations.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Andreas

#6 Post by Andreas » 21 Sep 2010 15:34

It's OK like this

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#7 Post by Metal Fan » 23 Sep 2010 23:23

Keep. They sound better.
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Rob The Wise

#8 Post by Rob The Wise » 24 Sep 2010 12:29

Keep them definitly, now there's not 100 different sub forums, easier to find now :lol:

The Rider Of Rohan

#9 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 01 Oct 2010 17:00

Rob The Wise wrote:Keep them definitly, now there's not 100 different sub forums, easier to find now :lol:
That wasn't the question, the basis set of sub-forums was agreed on some time ago. What Joost meant is: should it be the Music-section, Blind Guardian, Muscisians etc, or should the names be derrived from the songs?
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Joost

#10 Post by Joost » 03 Oct 2010 14:50

I guess the results are quite clear. (No votes against, one vote for 'other', but the person behind that vote didn't take the time to specify his/her opinion.) We'll keep them as they are now.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Hansi Smurf

So's I Wuz Late Fer' Tha' Forum Names, Huh?

#11 Post by Hansi Smurf » 07 Oct 2010 22:57

Me? I like tha' Names! :mrgreen:

I'd like, as well, fer' ta' obey the Spiritual Yoast 'ah tha' Place, and vote ta' have, alla' tha' Brags, and alla' tha' Scolds, ta' appear first, as Mediaevel Scrolls: and bound by an Eye, a Star, and an Eye: then, ta' be opened, by a click, so as ta' ultimately, and at last, fer ta' reveal the scrolled innards: there, where little, runic-block, crispy-crusty, chestnut, type, shall at long last, finally appear, there upon the usual, tan & faded, computerized-parchment! :shock:

The old man recognized still as Dr. Michael Eleff, whom I call Geekleff, and I urge everyone who knows 'em ta call 'em that, too: but never call anyone a Doctor, nor a Policeman, nor anything, no, not ever again! Him, and them Wpg. Regional Health Authorities? They got no legitimate purpose in anybody's lives, and are they are still going around kidnapping, spiritually, and physically, good, innocent, people, of every kind - and ta this very day! I mean, Geekleff told me over tha' phone today, Pretend Authority-style, begging me 'fer a visit, all the while, admitting that while, "privately-only", that he WUZ SENILE, and all the while, my own, law-abiding, metatemporal lobes, kept on feeling like he was somekinda tiger, trying ta' lure me inta a den, and kill me, and all in tha name ah his "private-only", Pretend Authority, god!:evil:

But yah see? I ain't shook! Cuz me? Well, I live inside, the Manitoba Housing Authority, where even niggers like me, AND YOU, izzal allowed ta' live, AND WITHOUT REGARD, fer' income-source, political-beliefs, nor religous-beliefs, too: just the laws ah Health and Cleanliness, tah' abide by! Pretty good propaganda sheet, by tha' way, MHA! Them Psychealth types, and alla' Canada, are gonna hafta start abiding by them rules, too! And from now ON! :mrgreen:

On Guard, Bard! I'm living the next, 2 days, in Medical Seclusion, cuz I do have a two-month vacation from reality ta' get over: I'm much softer and weaker than usual, and fer' dignity's sake, before I'm ready fer any active duty in the Armed-Services, inside, Canadian Militarized Zone, United States, I'm gonna hafta do a 2 day, 8 hour, 45LB Bar-style, return tah' scrawny-form, but certainly, that kinda dedication is gonna return me, ta my "never-vacation-again", natural, armed, state! :oops:

Bard! I'm gonna go home now, and stay home, FOREVER! My neigborhood IS awesome, and so's everyone 'innit! Now, everything yah ever read by this writer, previous ta this message? Well, now, alla', "Hansi Smurf", herey, all you, Bards n' Essiz, alla Hansi Smurf belongs to yer own Public Domain-seeking eyeballs! Feel free ta read it, and fer ta allow it fer' ta' destroy ever' last drop of yer previous neuro-chemical pathologies!:mrgreen:

United States Canadian Home Officer, 901-424 Edm St. R3B 3B5, Now Leaving, Spaceship, Blind Guardian:

forever... :wink:

brazilian_bard

#12 Post by brazilian_bard » 19 Dec 2011 18:26

keep.

Orodaran

#13 Post by Orodaran » 25 Dec 2011 00:03

D'uh, what you think we did for the past 14 months? :P

:wink:
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px