Banned for what?

Write here all your comments, suggestions, insults, whatever, about the Blind Guardian Official Homepage and the forum.
bgfan

Banned for what?

#1 Post by bgfan » 11 Aug 2010 21:16

My account as "Herr Inoddorell" got banned, may I ask why? I can't believe it, what have I done?

If I have said something that irritated someone, I give my apologies. My english is not the best, but I assure you that I'm not a troll or whatever you think. I just want an answer and once I get it I'll go out by myself and never come back, so you don't need to ban me again, but for sure you're going to do it again.

Regards!

spamel

Re: Banned for what?

#2 Post by spamel » 11 Aug 2010 22:35

Ban him!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope it gets sorted, it may have been a misunderstanding. Or you may have been trying to sell gold and Reebok trainers!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

bgfan

#3 Post by bgfan » 11 Aug 2010 22:57

Yeah, I hope that it was a misunderstanding, but I'm not sure if that was the reason for ban. I'm not a spambot, if you think so.

Though I'd like to buy a good pair of Reebok trainers :P.

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#4 Post by Metal Fan » 12 Aug 2010 05:37

have you tried PMing the mods? Joost and Orodaran. They might respond quicker then posting it here?

Or Uggs :P
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

spamel

#5 Post by spamel » 12 Aug 2010 16:10

bgfan wrote:Yeah, I hope that it was a misunderstanding, but I'm not sure if that was the reason for ban. I'm not a spambot, if you think so.

Though I'd like to buy a good pair of Reebok trainers :P.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you'll find plenty of opportunities!
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Andreas

#6 Post by Andreas » 12 Aug 2010 16:21

Metal Fan wrote: Or Uggs :P
*eggs*! :D

bgfan

#7 Post by bgfan » 12 Aug 2010 16:28

Metal Fan wrote:have you tried PMing the mods? Joost and Orodaran. They might respond quicker then posting it here?

Or Uggs :P
Oh, I thought that PMs were disabled here, as it states in the forum guidelines. But now I'll do it, thanks.

Definitely not any Uggs :mrgreen:

Orodaran

#8 Post by Orodaran » 14 Aug 2010 17:29

Hi bgfan! Sorry, I saw this only now...

I do a lot of bannings - but just of spambots... and usually, I can recognize one, by the links they post and more generally by how it's damn blatant that it's just a spambot.

I would never ban a "real" user, even if there would be the need (I don't remember in the history of this forum someone that got ever banned... maybe DarkVeil, now that I think about it :P), I'd let the actual admins do the job - anyway, do you remember what you posted and when?? the case may be that I somehow mistaken you for a spambot and nuked your account by mistake.... (which is still there, I can always un-ban you if that's the case)
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#9 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 14 Aug 2010 18:34

Darkveil,whoa,way to bring back the forum memories :lol:
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

The Rider Of Rohan

#10 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 14 Aug 2010 19:14

Didn't Joost ban I Pity The Fool the other day when he (Fool, not Joost) had a mental breakdown and started sprouting rude language at everybody?
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Orodaran

#11 Post by Orodaran » 14 Aug 2010 19:40

Whoah, really??? I so missed it!!!!!
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

The Rider Of Rohan

#12 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 14 Aug 2010 20:41

It was this thread: http://www.blind-guardian.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=37350

Unfortunately Joost edited out some of the best posts, the heat was really on on page 3.

I don't believe that I have seen Pity after this thread, so either he was banned or he decided he loved Israel and went there on a vacation.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

bgfan

#13 Post by bgfan » 15 Aug 2010 20:28

Orodaran wrote:Hi bgfan! Sorry, I saw this only now...

I do a lot of bannings - but just of spambots... and usually, I can recognize one, by the links they post and more generally by how it's damn blatant that it's just a spambot.

I would never ban a "real" user, even if there would be the need (I don't remember in the history of this forum someone that got ever banned... maybe DarkVeil, now that I think about it :P), I'd let the actual admins do the job - anyway, do you remember what you posted and when?? the case may be that I somehow mistaken you for a spambot and nuked your account by mistake.... (which is still there, I can always un-ban you if that's the case)
Hi and thank you for answer Orodaran. I'm an admin too and yeah, spambots are really annoying, though now we successfully achieved to prevent this problem.

It's very strange because I only posted one link or two, I can't remember it well, but none of those promoted anything. One was posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37727, when a user called for an option for choosing the old site, and I posted this link: http://www.blind-guardian.com/index.php3 which links to the old BG site. The other one, was a link in my signature which links to my fanforum of BG.

So, maybe there was another reason for my ban than just be mistaken for a spambot, and that's why I asked for.

PD: Sorry for the bad english.

Orodaran

#14 Post by Orodaran » 16 Aug 2010 21:19

Ok, I should have managed to un-ban you, let me know if that works!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Herr Inoddorell

#15 Post by Herr Inoddorell » 18 Aug 2010 01:31

Thank you so much! :D

Orodaran

#16 Post by Orodaran » 18 Aug 2010 19:43

No problem, and sorry for the inconvenience :wink: in the spambot massacre sooner or later an innocent victim had to happen, sorry it was you :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Herr Inoddorell

#17 Post by Herr Inoddorell » 18 Aug 2010 20:16

Orodaran wrote:No problem, and sorry for the inconvenience :wink: in the spambot massacre sooner or later an innocent victim had to happen, sorry it was you :P
Hahaha, nah don't worry, I really understand :wink:. Once, I have to delete an entire forum, because I logged in 2 days later, and it was full of spambots, hundreds of them :shock:. Luckily, it was only a test board :mrgreen:.

Thank you again :D