Suggestions

A place for organizing the reviving of The Following - the biggest Blind Guardian fan site on the web!

Moderators: The Minstrel Knight LiGHT, Arwen Arianna

Led Guardian

Suggestions

#1 Post by Led Guardian » 29 Oct 2010 05:47

A thread specifically for suggestions should make this easier. The more we can separate topics and get them out of the hodge-podge that is the Reviving the Following topic, the better. So if you have an idea for the site, just post it here!
snarez wrote:As for suggestions:

1. Somebody should add threads related to things needed to do - database, design and the like. With your permission, I can do that.
2. IRC idea is neat, it would be nice to copy conversation logs and upload them to forums, so those who missed it can see what was going on. Also, I see some problems with planning; as I'm currently making a scheduling app, I could modify it so we can use it to plan IRC meetings. Will write a bit more detailed explanation if you like.
3. Concerning reusing stuff: I suggest we do most of it from start - wih possible exception of design, and uploading old content ofcourse. I will be addressing this from developer perspective in appropriate section.

I thought I had much more to write, but it wanished from my head.. Oh well, post editing FTW.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Led Guardian

Re: Suggestions

#2 Post by Led Guardian » 02 Nov 2010 23:37

Not sure if it would be practical, but for the tabs section maybe we could have download links for both GP format and something like PDF or ASCII.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Desert_Storm

#3 Post by Desert_Storm » 03 Nov 2010 15:20

Led Guardian wrote:Not sure if it would be practical, but for the tabs section maybe we could have download links for both GP format and something like PDF or ASCII.
Should be easy, as GP exports directly to both of those formats. We could maybe organize that in some sort of spreadsheet, with four columns for gp, pdf, ASCII and midi (optionally also powertab) and for every tab one row.
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Led Guardian

#4 Post by Led Guardian » 03 Nov 2010 16:31

Desert_Storm wrote:
Led Guardian wrote:Not sure if it would be practical, but for the tabs section maybe we could have download links for both GP format and something like PDF or ASCII.
Should be easy, as GP exports directly to both of those formats. We could maybe organize that in some sort of spreadsheet, with four columns for gp, pdf, ASCII and midi (optionally also powertab) and for every tab one row.
I wasn't sure if it was practical because you can only export one track at a time. I guess thy could be merged into single files afterward.

Desert_Storm

#5 Post by Desert_Storm » 04 Nov 2010 19:21

Led Guardian wrote:
Desert_Storm wrote:
I wasn't sure if it was practical because you can only export one track at a time. I guess thy could be merged into single files afterward.
Nope, you just have to change the view, you can change that so you can view (as well as export) all the tracks one above the other, the tab and the respective sheet music notation is then merged by an accolade so it reads pretty much like an orchestra score. Of course this can get a little messy if you have some dozens of tracks, but you can e.g. hide the standard notation or simply zoom in to see "your" track, and zoom out to get the overview. That's details now, so probably not in the right topic, but I think it would make the ASCII versions pretty much superfluous, who would really prefer some messy txt file with one track only or multiple tracks strung together to a nice pdf?
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language