Reviving The Following...

A place for organizing the reviving of The Following - the biggest Blind Guardian fan site on the web!

Moderators: The Minstrel Knight LiGHT, Arwen Arianna

Arwen Arianna

Reviving The Following...

#1 Post by Arwen Arianna » 21 Jan 2009 21:44

... continuation of the discussion we started in the Tour Section...
Sooo...Steven will organize Follower meetings (if I got that right), I'll transcribe and translate the first 7 pages of Hansi's diary (and the rest as well, if necessary, but that would take until March or April...)...
More help is always welcome!

Discussion board: www.followers.forumieren.com
Last edited by Arwen Arianna on 29 Jun 2010 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!
Oh, and by the way.. Hansi is God :)
---------------------------------------------------
~Follower~ ~.:last.fm:.~~facebook~ ~Bardess~ ~Bardist~

FantasyDrummer

Re: Reviving The Following...

#2 Post by FantasyDrummer » 21 Jan 2009 22:29

Arwen Arianna wrote: I'll transcribe and translate the first 7 pages of Hansi's diary (and the rest as
There is a diary of Hansi?! :)

What,in detail, is/was The Following?
A fanclub of BG?

Arwen Arianna

#3 Post by Arwen Arianna » 21 Jan 2009 23:16

More or less the official inofficial fanclub, yes, it was a site that contained lots of stuff about BG (tour dates + reports, pictures, fan art, news, lyrics, a tour calendar, even a forum... to see the site you had to be a member, and you could only become a member (= a Follower) if you passed a test about Blind Guardian (quite a simply one, if you know them at all...)etc... there were Follower t-shirts (there's even a pic of Hansi holding one up :P ).. Followers were/are more or less a synonyme for "BG freak"... not just a "mere fan", so to say :lol: ... )
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!

rdyfrde

#4 Post by rdyfrde » 22 Jan 2009 01:39

Arwen Arianna wrote:there were Follower t-shirts (there's even a pic of Hansi holding one up :P ).
*cough*

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/rd ... 5d2e1b.jpg

8)
"And the seer of fish heads said before he went blind"

http://rdyfrde.livejournal.com/
http://community.livejournal.com/hansikursch/

Gandalf de Grijze

#5 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 22 Jan 2009 08:25

i can do other stuff, i just don't have any programming skills (but i am a decently fast learner)
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Traveller in Time

#6 Post by Traveller in Time » 22 Jan 2009 13:46

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:i can do other stuff, i just don't have any programming skills (but i am a decently fast learner)
i think (/hope) there won't be much programming stuff, because if i got Robert right the technique still exists, only data got lost, so we need people who collect interviews, pics and so on.
But well nothing is done yet, we just THOUGHT about awaking The Following.
So i just warn everyone not to be disappointed if it may take some time.
Feel free to offer your help. Everyone is needed, The Following is YOU!
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Arwen Arianna

#7 Post by Arwen Arianna » 22 Jan 2009 13:58

@rdyfrde: That one, indeed :lol: <3

@Traveller:I have a whole ton of pictures, but I don't own the copyright of most...
As for interviews, I should have about 20 on my computer... and a few from magazines, but I don't know about the copyright. We're probably not allowed to use them. :(
Maybe we should ask BG for a special interview? (not that we have any chances... )
The article Hansi wrote about the early days of BG should be somewhere as well...*ponders* my computer is a mess....
As for bootlegs.. are they lost as well?
Bpgk!

teo_guardian

#8 Post by teo_guardian » 22 Jan 2009 14:29

i don't know if that helps but i have a german friend who works
on a metal magazine and she is interviewing bands

Ornendil

#9 Post by Ornendil » 22 Jan 2009 15:59

I'd love to help revive The Following. I loved that site. I don't have any interviews or very many bootlegs, but I'd love to contribute anything I can!
If you have facts, bang the facts, if you have witnesses, bang the witnesses, if you have neither, bang the table.

Traveller in Time

#10 Post by Traveller in Time » 22 Jan 2009 17:02

Thanks for all the offered help so far.

Yeah copyrights is a real problem.
I ask Robert how they handled it.

Well about an interview with BG:
Nice idea, but first we should fill it with life and make it work again then we can think about that.
But always remember the Bard's are busy and there are enough interviews of them available, so i see no need of making one, and besides that i have no personal contact nor email addresses of the Bard's.
And even if we are allowed to continue The Following, i won't ask Robert for BG's email addresses (if he had them, but i as far as i remember he once contacted them), because if BG want to contact us, they might do it, but we shouldn't "force them" to answer any emails.

The Following was always a community of Followers for Followers.
I can understand that the band wants to have time for their families or is afraid to make same mistakes again like with the Circle of the Bards.
You know if you once give fans a finger, fans dare to take whole hand and so on.... :?

I can understand all of you, being closer to them would be nice, but if they don't want, we shouldn't press on them.
Of course we can think about to invite them to a Follower Meeting like the former TF crew did, but there is no need to discuss this now.

First we should care about that things are running and are up to date.

I would be really happy if in the end of the year 2009 TF is online and filled with stuff like in the end of TF. Everything beyond should be discussed when work is finished!

That were my 2 cents, of course i am far not the one to decide it.
Like i said The Following is you!

Dentarthurdent

#11 Post by Dentarthurdent » 22 Jan 2009 17:59

Amazing idea. I don't have any "official" material or something, but I'd contribute as much time as I'm able to.

As for bottlegs: Only one I have is W:O:A 2007, Audio and a recording of the Rockpalast-show containing it.

€: Oh, if you need some German-English translation, just tell me. I'm good at that :)
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#12 Post by Metal Fan » 22 Jan 2009 18:53

I want to help!! Though I don't have much...
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Arwen Arianna

#13 Post by Arwen Arianna » 22 Jan 2009 19:38

Wow, that was a sermon :shock:
Traveller in Time wrote:But always remember the Bard's are busy and there are enough interviews of them available, so i see no need of making one, and besides that i have no personal contact nor email addresses of the Bard's.
And even if we are allowed to continue The Following, i won't ask Robert for BG's email addresses (if he had them, but i as far as i remember he once contacted them), because if BG want to contact us, they might do it, but we shouldn't "force them" to answer any emails.
It wasn't a serious suggestion, I thought that was obvious, sorry. Of course they have their private life and more than enough work already, and every fan should respect that.
If at all one should contact the record company, not the band. I don't know, but isn't that usually the way it works? . ( :?: ) They must be bored as hell to always have to answer the same questions.
The Following was always a community of Followers for Followers.
Anything else would make no sense... the band doesn't need a community for themselves and people who dislike BG wouldn't be interested in it.
I can understand that the band wants to have time for their families or is afraid to make same mistakes again like with the Circle of the Bards.
You know if you once give fans a finger, fans dare to take whole hand and so on.... :?
that's usually the way it is, though I must admit that I have no idea what happened to the Circle of the Bards. I don't really know what exactly it is/was...
I can understand all of you, being closer to them would be nice
actually not. It's fine the way it is. Their task is it to make great music. and that's exactly what they do.
Of course we can think about to invite them to a Follower Meeting like the former TF crew did, but there is no need to discuss this now.
It would have to become an active community again first...

btw, The Following is you as well.

(okay, what I just wrote is probably the greates crap ever, but I just wanted to make a few things clear)
Bpgk!

Beren Ercharmion

#14 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 22 Jan 2009 19:57

As far as I recall it wasn't only the data that got lost, but the site itself was partly gone as well. But I wasn't really active on the following at that time, nd didn't talk to Robert or Daniel about what's happened.

But I think there must be some remains of the old site from where we can go on.

Most of the data on the site might be lost though (picutres, fan-art and so on). The whole collection of bootlegs is safe on bard's harddisk - they weren't stored on our server for ages, and bard offered to put them online, and he still has them. Don't know if they're still online at the moment.

Concerning the copyright issues:
We removed the sound-samples like 3 years ago, and apart from the bootlegs the lyrics are the only stuff that's copyrighted, as far as I know. But I don't think that will be a problem...

If you really whant to get the site running again I'm willing to help as much as possible. I have absolutely no idea about programming and stuff, but I've been responsible for the Ontour-Calender on the old site.

And you should contact Yeti - she's the other staff member that is still activehere.

edit:
We never had any direct contact to the band, as far as I remember, but Markus Staiger from Nuclear Blast offered an interview with the band, but that was shortly after they ended the interviews for A Twist In The Myth, o it never really came to the interview.
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

Traveller in Time

#15 Post by Traveller in Time » 22 Jan 2009 20:40

@Arwen: No, your post was important.
I just wanted to point out that nobody should expect too much from The Following. Yeah i know all of you know that, maybe i was talking rubbish.

Ok, i have some knowledges about PHP and CSS (i hope it is enough or else learning by doing), due to my studies. I contacted Robert, but i can't go on this project before March/April, i guess. And a helping hand is always appreciated and welcomed.

First we need to know the status of the old stuff, and then we have to decide if we can rebuilt it or maybe it is too much work (then it would be more wise to build up an CMS (content management system) like Joomla, or wordpress, but i am a newbie at these too then.....)
So if anyone is interested to help, feel free to join us!

Thanks Beren for the Info. Like i said i contacted Robert already, but told him that there is no need to hurry...
Let's see what he will answer.
Ah ok then i got Robert wrong about contact with the band, thanks for correcting it!

Little Dragon

#16 Post by Little Dragon » 23 Jan 2009 00:47

as i said before, i can do some of the programming aswell, also due to my studies and the rest is learning by doing. ;) we really need to know where we can start, if have to build it up again from a scratch (including the whole design and stuff) or if their are still some things left for a basis. and even the old stuff could help a lot... but these are all things already said. ;)

something "new": maybe someone can remember the flags of the following-campground we used to put up at festivals, well i have them at my home and will take them to the festivals where i go. and if someone else needs them for a following-campground at a festival (for example master of rock and so on) we can talk about that, aslong as they (flag and banner) will came back safely to the following-community ;) :roll:
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

Beren Ercharmion

#17 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 23 Jan 2009 01:01

I guess Robert will have to answer what's actually left of the site, but I really hope they did a backup after they finished the "new design" back in 2004 or 2005 or so... that would be a nice place to start from...

Little Dragon

#18 Post by Little Dragon » 23 Jan 2009 01:07

hmm... i wanted to say, let's see what robert says, but apparently i forgot. :|

i hope that the design from 2004/05 (whenever) is not lost. it was great.
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

Curufin

#19 Post by Curufin » 23 Jan 2009 04:49

Time permitting, I could lend my PHP/SQL/CSS/general programming skills to the project if you need.
Official Blind Guardian Forum Tarot Pimp.

Visit http://www.curufin.com/bg for all of your Blind Guardian needs!

Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!

Periaatteessa se tarkoittaa periaatteessa

Metal Fan

#20 Post by Metal Fan » 23 Jan 2009 05:56

I'll be here if anyone needs me :)
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

mmxz

#21 Post by mmxz » 23 Jan 2009 10:56

If you want bootlegs I could contribute with ~60-70 of them, ranging from the lucifers heritage days ´til the most recent krefeld show. Though I don´t think I can help you with any programming etc..

Mahoora

#22 Post by Mahoora » 23 Jan 2009 14:14

That would be a great idea :D and I'm offering my help. I got so many programming courses in my university because it's related to my studies but not on internet technologies i'm arfraid but I'm really good with database, Oracle 1og specialy. anyway I'm a fast learner because of my studies background so I can help with the programming or simply I can ask my friends at the computer science department :wink:
All those plans and hopes and dreams what happens to them? it's only a handfull of the lucky ones who can look back and say that they even came close.
You can't take it with you. act III,scene I

Traveller in Time

#23 Post by Traveller in Time » 23 Jan 2009 15:05

Wohoo!
That sounds really promising :-)
Thank you all of you, now we can only wait for input ;)

Traveller in Time

#24 Post by Traveller in Time » 23 Jan 2009 16:34

I got message from Robert today.

He said we should search first for a suitable provider, so if anyone can recommend one feel free to suggest it.

About code Robert said it will be hard to get into it, because TF is a real monster and it is hard to understand code which was written by others.
But of course he offered his help. But first we should find a provider then we get the code and can get an overview if we can do it.

Following T-Shirts are still available and he will sent them when everything is rolling.

Once we have a provider we should built up some forum that we don't need to post in here with disturbing others, or would it be possible to make an extra section in this forum? What do you think Curufin?

So now a question: who is willing to be webmaster/hoster? I can offer myself, but i can only begin in April, so if someone else already has an web account which is suitable (php, sql and enough traffic volume and webspace, i try to get some statistics from Robert) or already has experience in running such portal i would glad to hand it to him/her.
Of course we all will work on it, but we need one who is responsible. About paying the costs i am sure we will find a way, i would spend money and with selling T-Shirts later it should be no problem.

That's all for now.

Arwen Arianna

#25 Post by Arwen Arianna » 23 Jan 2009 23:04

I don't know enough to serve as a webmaster and I suppose I'm too much of a newbie... (2005/6-2009... not really a very long time), but I could help whoever will be webmaster, whenever help is needed or he/she's busy...

As for the costs, how much will the whole thing cost in the end, what do you think? Just to know what dimensions we're talking about...
Bpgk!

Beren Ercharmion

#26 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 23 Jan 2009 23:24

So the plan for now should be:

find a suiting provider

set up a temp forum to plan further (at least that's no problem, can be done in about 5 minutes or so)

recruit a new staff

get the remains of the old site online and see what can be re-used

have a look at what has to be improved/redone

then: work work work :)

edit: I have no clue about providers and stuff, but I guess it would be nice to know how much websace and especially traffic the old site needed a month, just to know what we are looking for...

Traveller in Time

#27 Post by Traveller in Time » 24 Jan 2009 10:56

Beren Ercharmion wrote:So the plan for now should be:

find a suiting provider

set up a temp forum to plan further (at least that's no problem, can be done in about 5 minutes or so)

recruit a new staff

get the remains of the old site online and see what can be re-used

have a look at what has to be improved/redone

then: work work work :)

edit: I have no clue about providers and stuff, but I guess it would be nice to know how much websace and especially traffic the old site needed a month, just to know what we are looking for...
Absolutely right, well i asked Robert again, and maybe it would be advisable to take one which can be upgraded.... well i once was searching for one due to our club i am in, but that is far not that big than TF....
I think traffic will be most problem, but Strato for example has an account which has unlimited traffic (but you know "unlimited" doesn't have to mean unlimited ;) )

Bard

#28 Post by Bard » 24 Jan 2009 19:41

Need me to revive the bootleg section? :) You should know how to find me one way or another.

Metal Fan

#29 Post by Metal Fan » 25 Jan 2009 02:34

OK now I defiantly want to help. I'll see what I can do when the time comes.

Mahoora

#30 Post by Mahoora » 27 Jan 2009 13:49

Ok, I need to get some few things: Is the design of the site completely lost (the original code) or is it only the data inside? because if the design is still exists on the old webmasters (and that's what should be the case) then there isn't too mush work to do, all what we have to do is just fill the gabs with the data we'll provide,isn't it? but the problem lies with understanding the code, but I think that if some of you guys in Germany sits (for quite a long time :lol: ) with the original programmers and get the full picture of what's the following is really about then we can jump in and carry the bardism torch! :wink:
pls correct me if any of that is wrong
All those plans and hopes and dreams what happens to them? it's only a handfull of the lucky ones who can look back and say that they even came close.

Traveller in Time

#31 Post by Traveller in Time » 27 Jan 2009 19:44

Mahoora wrote:Ok, I need to get some few things: Is the design of the site completely lost (the original code) or is it only the data inside? because if the design is still exists on the old webmasters (and that's what should be the case) then there isn't too mush work to do, all what we have to do is just fill the gabs with the data we'll provide,isn't it? but the problem lies with understanding the code, but I think that if some of you guys in Germany sits (for quite a long time :lol: ) with the original programmers and get the full picture of what's the following is really about then we can jump in and carry the bardism torch! :wink:
pls correct me if any of that is wrong
First of all data is lost and some of the design, because they only have old backups of the site, but we hope that their last design of the page is available. Else it wouldn't make any sense to built it up again, but in their message, which is still available at the-following.com, it is written, that they would have to rebuilt it from the scratch to make it work again, so i think it is not a small damage...

Yeah that's what Robert said, he and Daniel will help us as much as they can, but their time is limited.
Now i am waiting for answer to get some facts about traffic, because we have to search for a suitable provider....

Thoreg

#32 Post by Thoreg » 28 Jan 2009 05:11

I'm in!! If I can help with anything apart from programming, just tell me! I could be a diligent news-writer! :roll:
So many centuries
So many Gods
We were the prisoners
Of our own fantasy

Yeti of Chaos

#33 Post by Yeti of Chaos » 28 Jan 2009 13:29

rdyfrde wrote:
Arwen Arianna wrote:there were Follower t-shirts (there's even a pic of Hansi holding one up :P ).
*cough*

8)
I took that one! :)
(And concerning rights: who gave you the right to occupy and cut around on it?!?)
BTW, it was also me who gave it to him :P

I love that idea of reviving!!
I have tons of material, yet, a big lack of time. And it won't get better. Plus am kinda out of internet... :?
So. put on the script, and I'll see if/how much I manage to contribute!

BTW. Actual: http://www.the-following.com/

and past: former the-following.com
(take some patience to let it be loaded)

What does Robert say?
R.I.P. the-following.com :cry:
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. (John Lennon)
Uncyclopedia wrote:Blind Guardian is a brutal symphonic Christian death polka band

Traveller in Time

#34 Post by Traveller in Time » 28 Jan 2009 14:35

Yeti of Chaos wrote:
rdyfrde wrote:
*cough*

8)
I took that one! :)
(And concerning rights: who gave you the right to occupy and cut around on it?!?)
BTW, it was also me who gave it to him :P

I love that idea of reviving!!
I have tons of material, yet, a big lack of time. And it won't get better. Plus am kinda out of internet... :?
So. put on the script, and I'll see if/how much I manage to contribute!

BTW. Actual: http://www.the-following.com/

and past: former the-following.com
(take some patience to let it be loaded)

What does Robert say?
i know the archive of internet, but it is only the graphics. The problem is all the PHP code gets parsed when you open the site, so you only get the HTML code which is generated via PHP, so this "internet cache" doesn't help, because design isn't that biggest problem we have. The structure of the following is damaged (PHP pages and data bases).

EDIT: Great that you might be on board Yeti of Chaos :wink:

EDIT2: About costs, i just had an some short view on them, for example at strato "PowerPlus L" package with unlimited traffic, 10 MySQL 5 data bases, 3 GB of web space (don't know if it would be enough), PHP4, PHP5,SSI it costs regularly 14,90 per month (but there are always some special offers, now first 6 month for 2,99 Euros)
http://www.strato.de/hosting/powerplus/ ... index.html

Yeti of Chaos

#35 Post by Yeti of Chaos » 28 Jan 2009 19:53

Traveller in Time wrote:The problem is all the PHP code gets parsed when you open the site
I know, I know, I do know :P
But some ppl around here not knowing the site might want to have at least an impression ;)
Traveller in Time wrote:EDIT: Great that you might be on board Yeti of Chaos :wink:
Welcome! 8)
But yet, I don't promise anything at all!!! If you might want to find me a shop where I can buy some time............ :|
Traveller in Time wrote:EDIT2: About costs, i just had an some short view on them, for example at strato "PowerPlus L" package with unlimited traffic, 10 MySQL 5 data bases, 3 GB of web space (don't know if it would be enough), PHP4, PHP5,SSI it costs regularly 14,90 per month (but there are always some special offers, now first 6 month for 2,99 Euros)
I'm still fan of prosite, where the following used to be before they went to that provider that crushed down and deleted all...
http://www.prosite.de/
:arrow: actual offer: Webspace L
10 GB webspace, PHP, MySQL, Ruby, FTP, 6 month for free, later 7,95/month, two backup services (RAID + once a copy/week), no traffic limits
http://www.prosite.de/webspace/managed_webspace_l.html

Strato takes 2,99/month for the first 6 month, later on they take 14,90 €/Mon. Plus extra costs for support (if you might need it) and only 3 GB webspace…
Uncyclopedia wrote:Blind Guardian is a brutal symphonic Christian death polka band

Traveller in Time

#36 Post by Traveller in Time » 29 Jan 2009 13:50

Yeti of Chaos wrote:
Traveller in Time wrote:The problem is all the PHP code gets parsed when you open the site
I know, I know, I do know :P
But some ppl around here not knowing the site might want to have at least an impression ;)
Traveller in Time wrote:EDIT: Great that you might be on board Yeti of Chaos :wink:
Welcome! 8)
But yet, I don't promise anything at all!!! If you might want to find me a shop where I can buy some time............ :|
Traveller in Time wrote:EDIT2: About costs, i just had an some short view on them, for example at strato "PowerPlus L" package with unlimited traffic, 10 MySQL 5 data bases, 3 GB of web space (don't know if it would be enough), PHP4, PHP5,SSI it costs regularly 14,90 per month (but there are always some special offers, now first 6 month for 2,99 Euros)
I'm still fan of prosite, where the following used to be before they went to that provider that crushed down and deleted all...
http://www.prosite.de/
:arrow: actual offer: Webspace L
10 GB webspace, PHP, MySQL, Ruby, FTP, 6 month for free, later 7,95/month, two backup services (RAID + once a copy/week), no traffic limits
http://www.prosite.de/webspace/managed_webspace_l.html

Strato takes 2,99/month for the first 6 month, later on they take 14,90 €/Mon. Plus extra costs for support (if you might need it) and only 3 GB webspace…
Thank you for the info, i was just having a short look, but i talked to a friend who said that strato isn't best. He has an account at domainfactory but they are quite expensive.
Yeah i have doubts too that 3GB are too less, especially when they following is growing with pics and stuff...

Mahoora

#37 Post by Mahoora » 30 Jan 2009 18:27

Guys, as I said, I can really help with the Database designing/fixing or whatever, so please feel free to send me all the information you got about the old database and its design but if that's completely lost, you could tell me how you want it to be,and that's determened by the structure of the site and a lots of other factors but the original programmers should have a clear answer about that
so count me in 8)

Traveller in Time

#38 Post by Traveller in Time » 30 Jan 2009 18:34

Mahoora wrote:Guys, as I said, I can really help with the Database designing/fixing or whatever, so please feel free to send me all the information you got about the old database and its design but if that's completely lost, you could tell me how you want it to be,and that's determened by the structure of the site and a lots of other factors but the original programmers should have a clear answer about that
so count me in 8)
Thanks, i will let you know when we have more information.

Mahoora

#39 Post by Mahoora » 03 Feb 2009 18:07

I had the Database final exam today but for me it wasn't just an exam, it was a preperation for the revival of the Following :P

Curufin

#40 Post by Curufin » 04 Feb 2009 07:11

Traveller in Time wrote:Once we have a provider we should built up some forum that we don't need to post in here with disturbing others, or would it be possible to make an extra section in this forum? What do you think Curufin?
We can either make a forum on the new host or just keep discussion contained in a single thread here; there's no reason to make a subforum or anything at this point.

As far as hosts are concerned, I've been with Dreamhost for years now, and they're always ridiculously fast, reliable and have pretty nice prices. Though I'm on an old plan, they currently only offer one plan: $10.95/month for unlimited bandwith, unlimited disk usage, unlimited mail boxes, unlimited MySQL databases, etc. www.dreamhost.com

I'd also be willing to tack it onto the account I already own since I'm already paying a monthly fee for my site.
Official Blind Guardian Forum Tarot Pimp.

Visit http://www.curufin.com/bg for all of your Blind Guardian needs!

Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!

Periaatteessa se tarkoittaa periaatteessa

Yeti of Chaos

#41 Post by Yeti of Chaos » 04 Feb 2009 13:16

What's anyway wrong with leaving it where it is right now? AFAIK, Robert still pays for it, doesn't he?

We just know that backup ups, esp. regularly ones are important ;)

Traveller in Time

#42 Post by Traveller in Time » 06 Feb 2009 04:52

Yeti of Chaos wrote:What's anyway wrong with leaving it where it is right now? AFAIK, Robert still pays for it, doesn't he?

We just know that backup ups, esp. regularly ones are important ;)
Yeah Robert still pays for it, but he said we should get an own account, that he and Daniel are "out of business" with TF. But of course we get the domain, which can be transferred(assigned?).

BackUPS are really important ;)
Well i would pay one year, then let's see how my financial situation will be, now i am still poor student ;)

BTW ever tried to read "isdn" upside down? ;)

Beren Ercharmion

#43 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 07 Feb 2009 11:55

I don't thnk a subsection on the BG board would be the right place, I'd say we set up some kind of forum at the new host, that shouldn't be that difficult.

Yeti of Chaos

#44 Post by Yeti of Chaos » 03 Mar 2009 14:35

Do you have any effective hints against spambots then..? :?

Traveller in Time

#45 Post by Traveller in Time » 03 Mar 2009 18:01

Yeti of Chaos wrote:Do you have any effective hints against spambots then..? :?
Not making it public, i mean the link to it ;)

Yeti of Chaos

#46 Post by Yeti of Chaos » 07 Apr 2009 11:19

them have really good search engines, they don't need links....

Morbidian

#47 Post by Morbidian » 06 Jun 2010 18:19

What's going on with following?
When the sky is burning,
see the Moon falling down.
On your right is lightning.
See the war in the sky.

Remember Brian,
when it's time.
Remember Brian.

Metal Fan

#48 Post by Metal Fan » 06 Jun 2010 18:24

Yeah, its not even on Google anymore!

Edit: Its still there, just had to find it through another site

Morbidian

#49 Post by Morbidian » 06 Jun 2010 18:34

I've found it. It's on the same address tough, but I was just asking what's going on with it, since the year has pass since people here chatted about resurrection of it.

If that thing is still far to reach, I'm mean that resurrection, can ftp or some channel for bootleg recordings be established?
When the sky is burning,
see the Moon falling down.
On your right is lightning.
See the war in the sky.

Remember Brian,
when it's time.
Remember Brian.

Arwen Arianna

#50 Post by Arwen Arianna » 06 Jun 2010 18:37

As far as I am concerned nothing has happened ever since :( but wouldn't it be great to revive it before/until the new album comes out? Kind of.. as a tribute?
I'm still willing to put some effort in it, but have no knowledge of homepages and the like :(
Bpgk!