Swedish suicide bomber

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Rob The Wise
Posts: 183
Joined: 06 May 2010 20:32

Swedish suicide bomber

#1 Post by Rob The Wise » 14 Dec 2010 12:20

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.as ... el=4235139

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/301328

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCFXE1SB ... re=related

well I saw no thread about it and maybe some of you havent heard of it but there was a suicide bomber who attempted to kill lots of people in the heart of stockholm, luckily he didn't kill anyone but some people was harmed..

Now what does this say about the "oh so peaceful sweden" is it really that perfect as people may think of it as?
I for sure don't give a d**n about the bombings, I live in stockholm and this thing have not prevented me from going out and moving freely as I want too.. but people have different views on it .. There's also alot of people who are afraid now.

Uhm this is what I know of the matter: The person who did it was an arab named something like talhwoud or sth. He came from Iraq to sweden when he was 12 and at the age of 21 he moved to england for studies. The place in england that he lived in was known to have the biggest islamic fanatics in england, the people in his church thought that this guy was nice from the beginning but towards the end he started having a more and more radical and extreme view of islam. He eventually got banned from the church he went to because he had encouraged people to "show what islam is made of" or sth. - I assume he wanted people to go and suicide bomb themselves in the name of Allah - then after he got shut out from the church he went to this al qaida training camp in england where he was trained to strike, then he eventually finished his practice, got his target as stockholm sweden , he went back to sweden then he did the bombings. It is said that he had regrets about it and that he was actually forced by al qaida, he tried to contact the swedish security police (säpo) telling them that he would do the bombings, though these are only rumours. The scary thing is that SÄPO didn't even have this person under surveillance .. ( they have that with people they fear would do terrorist deeds ) .. Well this just shows that sweden might not be as safe as it sounds. Now I'm afraid that here in sweden the party named SD - Sverige demokraterna (Sweden democrats) will draw a huge advantage of this and tell people that his wouldn't have happened if we didnt have immigrants in sweden (SD is a nazi and very racist party here in sweden - sort of like a baby to hitlers party just not as extreme) .. so People are gonna start hate arabs for no reason and I am almost sure that there will be alot of riots and hatecrimes during the coming time just because of this fact..

Well discuss your opinion about this.. :)

User avatar
Gandalf de Grijze
Posts: 13919
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:01
Location: Dutchielandia
Contact:

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#2 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 14 Dec 2010 12:41

To be honest, I'd never allow myself to be scared of terrorist attacks simply because that is giving in to terrorism. The moment we fear a terrorist attack, in other words, the moment we are struck with terror, we give in to those extremists and that is the beginning of the end.

I got to admit though that the news about the swedish bombs are overshadowed by one of the sickest crimes existant here in Holland, since this weekend a very big childporn crime was uncovered, where a pedophile made porn on daycare centers with kids varying between 0 and 4. Just writing this turns my stomach around.
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Rob The Wise
Posts: 183
Joined: 06 May 2010 20:32

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#3 Post by Rob The Wise » 14 Dec 2010 12:58

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:To be honest, I'd never allow myself to be scared of terrorist attacks simply because that is giving in to terrorism. The moment we fear a terrorist attack, in other words, the moment we are struck with terror, we give in to those extremists and that is the beginning of the end.

I got to admit though that the news about the swedish bombs are overshadowed by one of the sickest crimes existant here in Holland, since this weekend a very big childporn crime was uncovered, where a pedophile made porn on daycare centers with kids varying between 0 and 4. Just writing this turns my stomach around.

I read about that yesterday on text-tv .. Damn wierd. It stood in the newspaper today too but here it's the other way ,around bombings overshadows pedophile, he wasn't of dutch etnicity right?

User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 4533
Joined: 10 Aug 2009 18:09
Location: Potsdam, Germany

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#4 Post by Andreas » 14 Dec 2010 13:36

The newspapers only refer to the mastermind's last name as M., so I can't tell you if he's a 100% Dutch. It's sickening indeed. I wouldn't like to be the lawyer who's defending this kind of scumbag.

Concerning the Swedish news: I'm really happy that fucker only killed himself, at least he did something good. And when it comes to terrorism, I agree with Gandalf. Not that there's so much of a terrorist threat in my neck of the woods... still, there's a fairly known estate in a town just North of here, where there's lots of problems with (muslim) youngsters.

User avatar
Gandalf de Grijze
Posts: 13919
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:01
Location: Dutchielandia
Contact:

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#5 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 14 Dec 2010 16:43

Andreas wrote:Concerning the Swedish news: I'm really happy that fucker only killed himself, at least he did something good. And when it comes to terrorism, I agree with Gandalf. Not that there's so much of a terrorist threat in my neck of the woods... still, there's a fairly known estate in a town just North of here, where there's lots of problems with (muslim) youngsters.

well that was the whole point in sweden as well.. a terrorist may strike anywhere, and will try to strike when and where you least expect it, that would be the most effective.
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 4533
Joined: 10 Aug 2009 18:09
Location: Potsdam, Germany

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#6 Post by Andreas » 14 Dec 2010 17:05

If anywhere in Sweden, then surely Stockholm. I wouldn't say that about where I live ;) But of course, never say never.

User avatar
Belgarion
Posts: 280
Joined: 18 Aug 2002 23:30
Location: Istanbul-Freiburg

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#7 Post by Belgarion » 14 Dec 2010 17:22

Rob The Wise wrote:he wasn't of dutch etnicity right?
What difference does it make?
In this world there are two tragedies, one is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it. Oscar Wilde

God gave men a brain and a penis and only enough blood to work one at a time.

User avatar
ThePKH
Posts: 1288
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 19:22
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Contact:

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#8 Post by ThePKH » 14 Dec 2010 19:37

Some people are scared here as well. The way they see it that if it happens in Swden, it's bound to happen here sooner or later. Meh, I was just getting used to our other new national sport of school shootings.

Needless to say, the points are dropping to the anti-immigration parties' pockets.
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Rob The Wise
Posts: 183
Joined: 06 May 2010 20:32

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#9 Post by Rob The Wise » 15 Dec 2010 11:55

Belgarion wrote:
Rob The Wise wrote:he wasn't of dutch etnicity right?
What difference does it make?
Because I heard from some of my friends while talking about that that he was from estonia or something, don't think that I'm some sort of racist -.- Just wanted to get to know if what I had heard from my friends were true.

User avatar
Joost
Posts: 3799
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 17:54
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact:

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#10 Post by Joost » 15 Dec 2010 14:05

He's from Latvia, actually.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Rob The Wise
Posts: 183
Joined: 06 May 2010 20:32

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#11 Post by Rob The Wise » 15 Dec 2010 15:45

Joost wrote:He's from Latvia, actually.
Good now I've got it confirmed :P

spamel
Posts: 586
Joined: 04 Sep 2009 16:05
Location: Sheffield

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#12 Post by spamel » 18 Dec 2010 00:47

In Britain, Terrorism is defined as the use or threat of action to influence a government or intimidate the public for a political, religious or ideological cause. When I was a kid, along with Miners being trapped underground every week, the IRA was bombing all over the place. Life went on as normal, as to change your routine is to bow down to the terrorists and that is exactly what they want. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow; in fact, that is more likely than being blown up by a terrorist. Don't give them the time of day, they think they will be praised and revered in the next life and there isn't even any proof there is a next life! That's one hell of a gamble to take on hearsay! I also heard the virgins are a bunch of Catholic Nuns, so the terrorists will be pretty well fucked, but not in the way they want to be! :mrgreen:
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Skrymir
Posts: 144
Joined: 31 Jul 2010 19:01

Re: Swedish suicide bomber

#13 Post by Skrymir » 18 Dec 2010 21:29

I also heard the virgins are a bunch of Catholic Nuns
Or maybe they are male... :|

By the way I heard, they identified the suicide bomber at 98%. I wonder if the last 2% are a toe, a finger or maybe the beard.

Seriously, it's not that easy, because the real reason for the some terrorist maybe isn't the holy war for Allah, but rather the financial support of their remaining families. So an "evil" terrorist could also be just a man who wants his children to have a much better chance to survive.

After all there aren't as much terrorists as the mainstream media could make you think, they could even easily be ignored. There are millions of people living in most countrys. You can say there are about 6.900.000.000 people are alive right now. If you say that, you don't even count the 10-millions, which is kind of insane. How many of these people die because of the terrorism of muslim extremists? Not that much, right?
Of course it does happen, the threat exists, just like the danger to be killed by a lion. It can happen, but it really won't happen to you, all the other ways of dying are just way more likely.

Since "Jaws" was popular, everyone looks down when swimming in deep water, although there is never a shark attacking. Same with muslim looking people with bags in big citys. They aren't terrorists after all. So my conclusion is also: Just ignore that few terrorists. :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests