Why worry about the swimmers?

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Led Guardian

Why worry about the swimmers?

#1 Post by Led Guardian » 23 Sep 2010 05:37

I was just thinking as I held my laptop on my lap: "Why is this supposed to be a bad thing?" People always say that the increased temperature reduces production of sperm, and that it can cause infertility. But it's temperature related, so shouldn't the effect be temporary? And since it slows sperm production, why isn't every guy who doesn't want a kid sitting with a laptop in his lap all day? Seems like a good thing to me.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

ThePKH

Re: Why worry about the swimmers?

#2 Post by ThePKH » 23 Sep 2010 09:54

I'd rather take a lapdance.
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Rob The Wise

#3 Post by Rob The Wise » 23 Sep 2010 10:26

ThePKH wrote:I'd rather take a lapdance.
LOL :mrgreen:

Well ontopic: Been havin these thoughts too lately, to me it's just a bunch of nonsense.. it's the same as if I would say that you get dumber from talking on the cellphone alot, since it "sends signals" into your head :lol:

Desert_Storm

#4 Post by Desert_Storm » 23 Sep 2010 15:08

Rob The Wise wrote: it's the same as if I would say that you get dumber from talking on the cellphone alot, since it "sends signals" into your head :lol:
Not really. While the cellphone radiation and its possible effects on your brain haven't been researched yet (lack of data etc.), it's actually a scientific fact that high temperatures decrease the production of sperms. I've seen a quite funny documentary on that, featuring some guys that use that effect as a birth control procedure and meet twice for a men's night and watch sports while hanging their balls in a bowl of hot water :lol:
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

spamel

#5 Post by spamel » 23 Sep 2010 18:15

Desert_Storm wrote:
Rob The Wise wrote: it's the same as if I would say that you get dumber from talking on the cellphone alot, since it "sends signals" into your head :lol:
Not really. While the cellphone radiation and its possible effects on your brain haven't been researched yet (lack of data etc.), it's actually a scientific fact that high temperatures decrease the production of sperms. I've seen a quite funny documentary on that, featuring some guys that use that effect as a birth control procedure and meet twice for a men's night and watch sports while hanging their balls in a bowl of hot water :lol:
Sounds like a load of bollocks to me!
:lol:

Sorry!
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Rob The Wise

#6 Post by Rob The Wise » 23 Sep 2010 20:25

Desert_Storm wrote:
it's actually a scientific fact that high temperatures decrease the production of sperms
So that's why the vikings were so strong, their balls were freezed -> produces uber warriors :)

Led Guardian

#7 Post by Led Guardian » 23 Sep 2010 23:02

Desert_Storm wrote:
Exactly. So why would you want to avoid it? :mrgreen:
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'