Burning the Qoran on 9/11

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
West Virginia Mule

Re: Burning the Qoran on 9/11

#101 Post by West Virginia Mule » 19 Oct 2010 05:11

Back to Germany...kind of. God has spoken:
RUSH LIMBAUGH: Angela Merkel -- this is incredible -- she said that Germany's attempt to create a multicultural society has utterly failed. And it does fail every single damn time it's tried. Everything liberals do fails. Everything that liberals force on people, liberalism has to be forced on people, and it always fails. "Speaking to a meeting of young members of her Christian Democrats, Angela Merkel said, allowing people of different cultural backgrounds to live 'side by side' without integrating had not worked in the country that is home to some four million Muslims. 'This [multicultural] approach has failed, utterly failed,' Merkel told the meeting in Potsdam, south of Berlin. Merkel said too little had been required of immigrants in the past and repeated her argument that they should learn German in order to cope in school and take advantage of opportunities in the labour market. The row over foreigners in Germany has shifted since former central banker Thilo Sarrazin published a highly-controversial book in which he accused Muslim immigrants of lowering the intelligence of German society." I told you about that book.

Europe is years ahead of us trying everything that we're going through now, and it's all crumbling. You see what's happening in France. They're gonna lower the retirement age, and there are riots because the people want the freebies they have been told they're gonna get. You can't sustain it. Liberalism doesn't work. It fails. It fails people; it fails cultures; it fails societies. Liberalism destroys. Liberalism is purely and simply destructive, and you see it everywhere. And we are walking down the same path. The American people have awakened, they have seen it and don't want to go down that path and will not. The blame game is over. They don't care. We don't care whose fault it is. Just get out of the way and let us fix it now.
KILROY WAS HERE

The Rider Of Rohan

#102 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 19 Oct 2010 06:09

Those are two paragraphs dedicated to bashing American liberalism. To each their own, though I would infinitely prefer a structured rant which actually backed the opinion up.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Joost

#103 Post by Joost » 19 Oct 2010 07:50

West Virginia Mule wrote:You see what's happening in France. They're gonna lower the retirement age, and there are riots because the people want the freebies they have been told they're gonna get.
The opposite of this is true. The retirement age in France is going up from 60 to 62 years.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Insanity

#104 Post by Insanity » 19 Oct 2010 12:18

Geez. 62. It's 67 here.

Joost

#105 Post by Joost » 19 Oct 2010 13:10

Will be 67 here, too.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#106 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 19 Oct 2010 14:04

West Virginia Mule wrote:
Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:Obama is on my tv,how do i make him go away :|
i tell 'ya,i'm kinda getting tired of seeing this "bro'",really,i couldn't care less to what "wing" he belongs to...i just want him OFF MY NEWS!
News people down there must think you ought to care about American politics. Me, I think you ought to care about Chilean and South American politics. And also mosquitos. I bet you grow some big-assed mosquitos down there, huh? And spiders. Don't get me started. That's why I like Finland. Too cold for bugs. Heh.
:lol:
About the news: yes!i would rather have these networks more worried about local stuff...or at least keep it more regional.But yesterday,it was Obama this Obama that...and they don't stop there,they talk about his so called "fatass wife" and translate the speeches of both of them...i mean...nothing coming out of their mouths will really have an impact on any aspect of our very own "democracy"

as for big assed mosquitoes,we don't have too much of those,you're thinking of Brazil ...actually due to our very very dry summers(i mean dry as in no rain at all in central Chile during summer)we have very few "cool" insects.i pity them in fact.

i tend to look at the bright side though :we don't have crocodiles or poisonous snakes :mrgreen:
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

ThePKH

#107 Post by ThePKH » 19 Oct 2010 14:10

West Virginia Mule wrote:That's why I like Finland. Too cold for bugs. Heh.
You don't know how wrong you're with that comment there until you have visited Finnish lapland during summertime. The soundscape there puts a soccer stadium full of vuvuzelas to shame. Bzzzz....
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Gandalf de Grijze

#108 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 19 Oct 2010 17:31

Joost wrote:
West Virginia Mule wrote:You see what's happening in France. They're gonna lower the retirement age, and there are riots because the people want the freebies they have been told they're gonna get.
The opposite of this is true. The retirement age in France is going up from 60 to 62 years.
Actually, from what i gathered these were the ages of early retirement, with 65 and 67 being the official retirement ages..
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

The Rider Of Rohan

#109 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 19 Oct 2010 17:58

Joost wrote:Will be 67 here, too.
Not true, they decided to follow the proposal of the unions and settle for 66.

Source: Freedom And Responsibility, page 43.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

t.a.j.

#110 Post by t.a.j. » 19 Oct 2010 18:48

Sorry for the late reply, got lost in all the Merkel stuff.
Desert_Storm wrote:
t.a.j. wrote: And if you look around now, the worst of the bunch are protestants.
Cold you please explain this a little further? The images that come to my mind when thinking of negative aspects of the church nowadays are mostly catholic.
Take for example the rehabilitation of the Pius X order anti-semites by the present pope, the preachings in Africa that condoms are evil (that kind of ruined what development workers have tried to entrench there for years now) by the pope before him, the massive amounts of child abuses through clergymen that were only recently discovered, and so on. So how are the protestants the worst?
The catholic church is certain the most problematic religious organization around. But that is not what I mean.
What I meant was that the worst cases of christian insanity are protestants. People like Fred Phelps' flock or many of the free churches in Germany that celebrate the subservience of women and indulge in faith healing and similar things. That is different than saying that the worst of the bunch are the protestants, which would be very false.
Most of the enlighteners were actually christians, as I recall.
Many tried to be, but ultimately, they came up with philosophical theism or deism in order to save some parts of religion from the devastating attacks of reason. And most of them opposed the churches.
The history of civilization is a seemingly endless sequence of conquest and liberation, of empires rising and falling, of genocides and oppression of one group being replace by the genocide and oppression of another. Every before have empires claimed their bounty as if they had a natural right to it.
In all of history, that speck of humanity we call the West (and more precisely, western Europe) is the only case where an empire, even a group of empires has in some, admittedly vague sense seen its mistakes, called its success and domination into question, judged to be immoral and... stopped.
Yes, we stopped. But stopping is far from being good enough. We leave whole nations lying in the very dirt we pushed them into a few years back. People suffer from totally wicked systems that western colonisers established and then just walked away from when the times changed. And people are still exploited by the western civilization, just that it isn't called slavery anymore but "economy". And people here still close their eyes to that. See Jean Ziegler's most recent book for countless examples.
I think its a big difference between a public celebration and political endorsement of nationalistic colonialism and subtle, heavily criticised exploitation by particular corporations.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.