South Africa 2010 World Cup

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Beren Ercharmion

Re: South Africa 2010 World Cup

#601 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 07 Jul 2010 22:20

*sigh*

No go for the cup, Dutchies!
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

Orodaran

#602 Post by Orodaran » 07 Jul 2010 22:23

I'm so sorry germans :( you deserved the final....

I'll see the silver linings in this:

- Italy stays the only nation with 4 titles :twisted:
- The Cup will go to a "new" nation that never won it before, as I hoped.

Now..... go dutchies, I'm with you!!!!
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#603 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 07 Jul 2010 22:25

HOLLAND FTW!
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Thorin_Eichenschild

#604 Post by Thorin_Eichenschild » 07 Jul 2010 22:26

Well deserved victory for spain....and now I think that spain will win this cup. It's just a complete team with slim to none weak points. And with Pedro instead of Torres they play way better than before.
HAIL TO THE GRAIL Grailknights Battlechoir \m/ :twisted: \m/

-Mitglied der 3 lustigen 2-
*other 1 of the 2 Jay's*

Dentarthurdent

#605 Post by Dentarthurdent » 07 Jul 2010 22:27

Yeah, dutchies blast them to Tunisia...

But it's our own fault, eally, that was Germany's worst match in this world cup. Worse than aganst Serbia.
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Orodaran

#606 Post by Orodaran » 07 Jul 2010 22:29

It's Paul's fault, I tell you!!!!
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

The Rider Of Rohan

#607 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 07 Jul 2010 22:37

I'm really dissapointed right now (as is probably the rest of this country). Because even though I think Holland has better chances of winning against Spain then they do against Germany, I was really looking forward to the latter.

We still want our bikes back. :twisted:
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Orodaran

#608 Post by Orodaran » 07 Jul 2010 23:00

While I root for you now and a team that defeated Brazil has no limits, I'm afraid that Spain may be really close to that Cup :? not that it does matter -with Germany, the "elder brother" aspect of it all would have probably damned you as well, but who can tell now....
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Dentarthurdent

#609 Post by Dentarthurdent » 07 Jul 2010 23:27

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:I'm really dissapointed right now (as is probably the rest of this country). Because even though I think Holland has better chances of winning against Spain then they do against Germany, I was really looking forward to the latter.

We still want our bikes back. :twisted:
I want to ride my bycicle, I want to ride my biike...
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

Frozen within

#610 Post by Frozen within » 08 Jul 2010 13:25

What the hell happened to the German team ? I never expected Spain to have the upper hand during most of the match, but that was certainly the case. Spain greatly impressed the way Germany did before yesterday's match and there was really just 1 team who deserved victory, but still I feel kinda 'robbed' of what would have been such an entertaining and exciting football match between our country and our neigbors :( So .... I fear we're in for another final we will lose in the end (although I would have felt the same way, had Germany won yesterday). Goddamn my nerves are already starting to peak and it's still 4 fucking days to go :D
Eat more vegetables !

spamel

#611 Post by spamel » 08 Jul 2010 17:22

Oh, is there a world cup on?
:mrgreen:
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Andreas

#612 Post by Andreas » 08 Jul 2010 17:59

Fuck this, I won't watch (most of) the final. My father's a strict christian, and because I still live with my parents, I don't want to start an argument about this. But I'll probs see the last 20 minutes or so... when I "take the dog for a walk"

Little Dragon

#613 Post by Little Dragon » 08 Jul 2010 18:10

Andreas wrote:Fuck this, I won't watch (most of) the final. My father's a strict christian, and because I still live with my parents, I don't want to start an argument about this. But I'll probs see the last 20 minutes or so... when I "take the dog for a walk"
what has this to do with watching or not watching the game?
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

spamel

#614 Post by spamel » 08 Jul 2010 18:14

Little Dragon wrote:
Andreas wrote:Fuck this, I won't watch (most of) the final. My father's a strict christian, and because I still live with my parents, I don't want to start an argument about this. But I'll probs see the last 20 minutes or so... when I "take the dog for a walk"
Christians don't watch football? Was this the 11th Commandment that got scrapped because they ran out of room on the stone tablet?
:lol:

Just nip to the pub and watch it there!

Andreas

#615 Post by Andreas » 08 Jul 2010 19:48

I'll be off to my brother's to watch the final minutes if everything goes well
Little Dragon wrote:
Nothing actually, except for the fact that the final is on Sunday...

Orodaran

#616 Post by Orodaran » 08 Jul 2010 20:14

So the players and the referees should be put to death because they work on a sunday?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#617 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 08 Jul 2010 20:53

Orodaran wrote:So the players and the referees should be put to death because they work on a sunday?
yes,especially the refs from this world cup

The Rider Of Rohan

#618 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 08 Jul 2010 21:07

I don't think the Holy Bible says anything about watching football on a Sunday. It's custom not to work on a Sunday, but when you're watching a match, you're not working: you are relaxing. Even God would've watched the world-cup if they had one at the time, he surely could've used the time off after creating the universe in six days.

Besides: nowhere in the Bible does it say that it has to be a Sunday per se. The bible mentions the holy Sabbath, but doesn't specify the exact date. During the first 800 years of Christianity the Sabbath took place on a Saturday, and there are still movements within Christianity who stick to this day. So your father might as well have chosen the wrong day in the eyes of God for all of this life.

Bottom line: stick up for yourself. This might as well be a once in a lifetime opportunity, and one you'll surely remember for the rest of your life. You're an adult now, so you should do what any adult should. Walk the dog, return two hours later, and lie about what you did.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Orodaran

#619 Post by Orodaran » 08 Jul 2010 21:14

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:I don't think the Holy Bible says anything about watching football on a Sunday.
Well, for that matter, the Holy Bible doesn't say anything about anything that wasn't already invented or existing at the time the many books that make up the Bible were written.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Bender B. Rodriguez

#620 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 08 Jul 2010 21:17

i wipe my ass with pages of the holy bible,bless my arse ,that's how evil i am.

spamel

#621 Post by spamel » 08 Jul 2010 22:17

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:i wipe my ass with pages of the holy bible,bless my arse ,that's how evil i am.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In fairness though, it would probably be cheaper to just buy toilet paper!

Andreas

#622 Post by Andreas » 08 Jul 2010 22:24

Orodaran wrote:So the players and the referees should be put to death because they work on a sunday?
No, they're just naughty
The Rider Of Rohan wrote:I don't think the Holy Bible says anything about watching football on a Sunday. It's custom not to work on a Sunday, but when you're watching a match, you're not working: you are relaxing. Even God would've watched the world-cup if they had one at the time, he surely could've used the time off after creating the universe in six days.
Not mine, but my father's reasoning: "because everyone wants to watch it, we make lots of people work at Sunday. Besides, you should have other things on your mind on the Sabbath."
Bottom line: stick up for yourself. This might as well be a once in a lifetime opportunity, and one you'll surely remember for the rest of your life. You're an adult now, so you should do what any adult should. Walk the dog, return two hours later, and lie about what you did.
That's about what I'll be doing. My and my other brother always take the dog for a walk at that time (for two hours), so it would be perfectly credible :twisted: But the main thing for me is not to start an argument, it happened one or two times before. He'll ignore me for about a week and I'll be having a hard time not to make it worse. Anyhow, he's not the most normal guy.

Bender B. Rodriguez

#623 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 08 Jul 2010 22:27

spamel wrote:
Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:i wipe my ass with pages of the holy bible,bless my arse ,that's how evil i am.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In fairness though, it would probably be cheaper to just buy toilet paper!
yeah,some churches have "bible giveaways" from time to time hehe,just like the mormons with their hilarious comedy book :mrgreen:
haha,Joseph Smith met God who lives on a star full of babes hahahahahaha..

The Rider Of Rohan

#624 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 08 Jul 2010 22:32

Not mine, but my father's reasoning: "because everyone wants to watch it, we make lots of people work at Sunday. Besides, you should have other things on your mind on the Sabbath."
Here's my reasoning: that's retarded.

First of all, you are not 'making' them work. That's a highly arrogant thing to say, and it beside the truth: the match will be played whether you watch it or not. Second, in order to be convincing you would have to be consistent about it. That would mean not reading the newspaper on Monday (as it is written on Sunday), throwing away the mail you receive on Monday (it was handled on Sunday) and not eating at all, as there is no way to tell the food wasn't distributed or processed on a Sunday.

And last of all: even if you were making people work on Sunday, that's their choice.
He'll ignore me for about a week and I'll be having a hard time not to make it worse. Anyhow, he's not the most normal guy.
Yeah, I start to see how you became a metalhead.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

No‘am

#625 Post by No‘am » 09 Jul 2010 01:48

Isn't the game shown more or less at night? Isn't it then Sunday night, which makes it Monday eve, which means it actually goes on on Monday?
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Lews

#626 Post by Lews » 09 Jul 2010 06:10

It starts at 20:30 Dutch time, IIRC, hardly late at night.
*I think they are deadly poisonous zanzibar hamsters*

The Rider Of Rohan

#627 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 09 Jul 2010 07:31

The time-difference with Jerusalem is 1 hour, so no luck there.

It does make you wonder... If people who don't honor the Sabbath go to hell, do you suppose God takes into account the timezones? The time-difference between - say - LA and Tokyo is 16 hours. Does that mean that one of them will be condemned while the other doesn't? And what about daylight savings?
spamel wrote:
Periods.

No‘am

#628 Post by No‘am » 09 Jul 2010 07:34

Lews wrote:It starts at 20:30 Dutch time, IIRC, hardly late at night.
Yeah, I thought something like that. So what does that count as? Evening? It's probably darker than noon or the afternoon.
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Andreas

#629 Post by Andreas » 09 Jul 2010 09:23

The Rider Of Rohan wrote: It does make you wonder... If people who don't honor the Sabbath go to hell, do you suppose God takes into account the timezones? The time-difference between - say - LA and Tokyo is 16 hours. Does that mean that one of them will be condemned while the other doesn't? And what about daylight savings?
I guess that would make sense

Orodaran

#630 Post by Orodaran » 09 Jul 2010 12:33

The World Cup is over, the octopus spoiled the ending:

*SPOILERS*

Spain wins the Cup, Germany is third.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Dorian Falkenmond

#631 Post by Dorian Falkenmond » 09 Jul 2010 16:13

That damn octopus is only trying to make up for his semifinal-mess. But too late!
I'd go and break all his bones if only he had some :evil: ... :roll: :P

Nevertheless these are exactly my guesses. We will win agains Uruguay and Spain will unfortunately defeat the Dutch I fear. I'll definately root for Oranje though!
Tears from my eyes.
Blood from my heart.
Wash away all these lies,
And tear me apart!
Purifying pain

Jo HANNES! aka Cid aka True Banana-Slayer

Dentarthurdent

#632 Post by Dentarthurdent » 09 Jul 2010 18:02

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:The time-difference with Jerusalem is 1 hour, so no luck there.

It does make you wonder... If people who don't honor the Sabbath go to hell, do you suppose God takes into account the timezones? The time-difference between - say - LA and Tokyo is 16 hours. Does that mean that one of them will be condemned while the other doesn't? And what about daylight savings?
That's why in Judaism, the day begins at the prior evening - which, in turn, would make sunday evening belong to Monday and thus not the christian sabbath.

Orodaran

#633 Post by Orodaran » 09 Jul 2010 18:04

There's only one sabbath for me. And it is black. 8)

*whaaa, whaaaaa, whaa......* (repeat)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Bender B. Rodriguez

#634 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 09 Jul 2010 18:18

Orodaran wrote:The World Cup is over, the octopus spoiled the ending
that fucking octopus,can you believe some local media did a special on that thing? :x

nerjal

#635 Post by nerjal » 11 Jul 2010 04:52

Mick Jagger is the only guy that can make Holland win :lol:
Bravery is not a function of Firepower - JC Denton

nerjal

#636 Post by nerjal » 11 Jul 2010 04:58

btw great match Germany vs Uruguay... Forlan's goal was awesome
Third place well deserved for whichever was better during the match.
Bravery is not a function of Firepower - JC Denton

Orodaran

#637 Post by Orodaran » 11 Jul 2010 09:50

Go Germany! 8)

And now, one match left: the first World Cup final whose ending has been spoiled by an octopus.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

The Rider Of Rohan

#638 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 11 Jul 2010 12:20

I say, turn the octopus into a dish, a Dutch Blaarkop predicted victory for the Dutch team. Now who is more believable: a cow, or a fish? Exactly. 8)
spamel wrote:
Periods.

The Rider Of Rohan

#639 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 11 Jul 2010 12:52

Damn. The anxiety is killing me.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Orodaran

#640 Post by Orodaran » 11 Jul 2010 12:57

Like Rob Halford would say:

One will live tonight
One will die tonight
One will stand and one will fall
One in victory
One in misery
Only one will take it all..

I feel your pain however, 4 years and 2 days ago I was going through what you were going through.... and I wish you that the outcome will be the same as for me 8)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Beren Ercharmion

#641 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 11 Jul 2010 16:24

Food prepared - check
Beer in the fridge - check

I'm ready ;)

Orodaran

#642 Post by Orodaran » 11 Jul 2010 16:25

I made a screenshot from Wikipedia to keep the memory :cry: http://img691.imageshack.us/f/worldcupd.jpg/
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

The Rider Of Rohan

#643 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 11 Jul 2010 19:53

The final moments are ticking away. Just a couple more hours and we know who the best team in the world is. :)
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Orodaran

#644 Post by Orodaran » 11 Jul 2010 20:17

Well, Netherlands and Spain are two superb teams, but I'd say that the beauty - or cruelty, depending on points of view - of football is that not necessarily the very best one wins (see 4 years ago) :wink:

It's a bit like love, not always the one most deeply in love gets the girl :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Beren Ercharmion

#645 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 11 Jul 2010 20:59

if that was no clear red card I've never seen one. What was he thinking??

Orodaran

#646 Post by Orodaran » 11 Jul 2010 21:21

"Damn I cannot send away someone in a final", probably...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

The Rider Of Rohan

#647 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 11 Jul 2010 21:22

You mean that karate-kick to the chest? Yeah, that one was good. 8)
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Dentarthurdent

#648 Post by Dentarthurdent » 11 Jul 2010 21:22

Beren Ercharmion wrote:if that was no clear red card I've never seen one. What was he thinking??
"Everybody was Kung-Fu-Fighting..."

Beren Ercharmion

#649 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 11 Jul 2010 21:26

Orodaran wrote:"Damn I cannot send away someone in a final", probably...
Maybe.
But if the dutch keep playing like that at least on eof them will get sent off. Van Bommel or De Jong most propably.

And although I don't like the spanish team (or teams from southern Europe in general) I can't see anything "good" about that kick, Ferdi.

Orodaran

#650 Post by Orodaran » 11 Jul 2010 22:12

OMG twice Robben was alone in front of Casillas, and twice he failed!!!

I don't eally want to see the second WC final in a row end up on penalties... (and if it doesn't, it will be 1-0, can't see more than a goal happening)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------