Finnish people!

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Skyclad

Finnish people!

#1 Post by Skyclad » 28 Mar 2010 15:04

What does this mean?

Saimaata ei sanoilla selitä

???

Translate int into America-speak, please. Thankkk Youuu.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Orodaran

Re: Finnish people!

#2 Post by Orodaran » 28 Mar 2010 17:38

Well, literally it means that Saimaa cannot be explained with words... which doesn't make much sense....
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Palantyre

#3 Post by Palantyre » 28 Mar 2010 19:57

Yup, Oro translated it correctly.

As for the meaning, I guess it's trying to say that you have to visit Saimaa (the biggest lake in Finland) to truly understand what it's like, or something like that.

It's not that far-fetched though, the lake region is a damn beautiful place. The lakes aren't very regular in shape, so the area is a sprawling mess of meandering waterways and islands.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

Skyclad

#4 Post by Skyclad » 29 Mar 2010 01:56

It's the name of hje new Haive album. I was talking about it on another message board and a Finnish dude came on and said "This is the gayest album title I ever heard" and also commented on it not making any sense.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Palantyre

#5 Post by Palantyre » 29 Mar 2010 11:40

You tell that guy to go back to his mommy and ask her if she'd buy him a new Children of Bodom album.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.