Dong Open Air 2010 - In Dong We Trust - on July 23rd & 24th

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Colamann

Dong Open Air 2010 - In Dong We Trust - on July 23rd & 24th

#1 Post by Colamann » 13 Feb 2010 16:11

New Webdesign, Motto And First Band!

Dear Dongians,

we took our time and spent it wisely to make sure we can inform you about something worthwhile. This time has now come!

As you probably know, this summer we will celebrate our dapper little festival for the 10th time.

Dear Dongians,

we took our time and spent it wisely to make sure we can inform you about something worthwhile. This time has now come!

As you probably know, this summer we will celebrate our dapper little festival for the 10th time. It’s an occasion we would like to fete properly. Come anniversary day at the 23rd and 24th of July, a retrospective of the past nine years of Dong Open Air will take place at the hill top of the Halde Norddeutschland. We will round up a whole bunch of the artists who rocked our stage in the time between 2001 and 2009. Amongst these, there will be quite a few highlights from past years, people we by now consider friends, even reunions and of course a headliner or two from one of those drunk summer evenings of the past decade.

Of course we also picked a new motto for this year, which was inspired by the phenomenal support we have received from you especially at last year’s Dong festival: Dong Open Air 2010 – In Dong We Trust

To make everything match our motto, we re-designed our website http://www.dongopenair.de with the neatest illustrations our dear artist has produced so far. If you miss the Dong cows of the past, you will experience a wonderful reunion!

To satisfy your curiosity a bit, here’s the first band confirmation for this summer’s party: Headliners of 2006, we bring you Die Apokalyptischen Reiter! A few years back they started a great party, one of the greatest in Dong history one dares to say, and in 2010 Dr Pest and the rest of the bunch will be back to see you again and to party hard!

Starting today and twice a week we will inform you about the bands who are to play at the D.O.A 2010. As we’d hate to look like spammers, we decided to put the bands up in the news section of http://www.dongopenair.de instead of sending it through our newsletter. You will find all sorts of info along with pictures, weblinks and of course general band info in the rider “D.O.A. 2010” as you could in earlier years.

Our pre-sale should start at Sunday, 7th of march, at 12 noon exclusively on http://www.dongopenair.de. Since it only took 4 hours to sell out last year, you are well-advised to buy your tickets quickly.

Enjoy the next band confirmations!

Your Dong Team

And since I was too lame, I can add the second news right away :(

New band announcements

As we previously promised, we are now going to announce a few more bands fort he Dong of 2010! Get ready for some full-blown nostalgia: Headliners of the first three Dong festivals! There hadn’t been another Dong Open Air, hadn’t it been for the awesome show Blood Red Angel put together in 2001. Adorned Brood were the first band who weren’t just local heros at our fest in 2002 and Skyclad made Dong history by being the first band in the DOA billing who had played big festivals such as Dynamo or Wacken.

There’s more! Despite the continuos musical involvement of Dong organizers in Folkedudl and Chainheart, who played the 2003 “Run to the Hill” and the 2004 “Something to Bang to” festivals, these bands no longer exist. Yet, on the occasion of our anniversary, the bands have decided to rock a double-reunion to be the opening acts of our “In Dong We Trust”! Ever hear metal with a saxophone?

Last but not least another reunion! A few years back the most delightful death metal shook the planks of our stage, but then at Christmas of 2006, Hate Factor from Krefeld disbanded. Until that day, they had played three memorable shows at the Dong. Finally they’re back! Hate Factor will take the Dong hill by storm!

We’ll keep you up to date and release a few more bands names soon!

Take care,
Your Dong Team
Ha det bra!

End Of An Era

Re: Dong Open Air 2010 - In Dong We Trust - on July 23rd & 24th

#2 Post by End Of An Era » 13 Feb 2010 17:30

already sounds awesome... 8)

Hey Colamann, can't you arrange for some ticket reservations? :P it's going to be hard to get those precious tickets i fear....

Colamann

#3 Post by Colamann » 14 Feb 2010 12:11

End Of An Era wrote:already sounds awesome... 8)

Hey Colamann, can't you arrange for some ticket reservations? :P it's going to be hard to get those precious tickets i fear....
I can in fact ;)
Ha det bra!

Saurius

#4 Post by Saurius » 14 Feb 2010 13:27

Awesome!!!!! Marcel, I'll leave you in charge okay?! 8)
"Sing it you pussies!"

End Of An Era

#5 Post by End Of An Era » 14 Feb 2010 16:17

Colamann wrote:
End Of An Era wrote:already sounds awesome... 8)

I can in fact ;)
Next question, are you willing to arrange for a group mainly from this forum to put some tickets aside? :)

Colamann

#6 Post by Colamann » 17 Feb 2010 22:03

Band Announcements No. 3

Here we go with the third edition of our band announcements!
Another four noise teams are up on our billing! Orphan Hate are going to kick your ass with some superb female fronted thrash straight from Berlin. Onkel Birx and Motorjesus, the snotty rock’n’roll crew from Gladbach will do their best to do the same. On top of these diamonds we will witness another perfect musical combination of the metal scene. A capella meets black metal! Both Van Canto and Rotting Christ are going to celebrate our anniversary with us! Sounds good, huh? We’ll shoot out some more names in a few days.

Til then, take care!
Your Dong Team
Ha det bra!

Saurius

#7 Post by Saurius » 17 Feb 2010 22:12

AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLOMO PITTING all the way to Orphan Hate 8)
"Sing it you pussies!"

Sentinel

#8 Post by Sentinel » 18 Feb 2010 12:58

Definitely! That was the first thing that came to my mind, too!
Free are those who walk away from setting suns
Free are those who laugh at chains that held them bound
Free are those who conquer in vain but won't stop to run
Battered and down you pick up your pieces
To rise as one!

Insanity

#9 Post by Insanity » 18 Feb 2010 15:31

Saurius wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLOMO PITTING all the way to Orphan Hate 8)

Oh hell yeah! :D

Saurius

#10 Post by Saurius » 18 Feb 2010 19:53

and the handclapping pit 8) gonna be fuckign AAAAAAWEEESOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!
and of course scream our lungs out during the Bard's Song with Van Canto :D
"Sing it you pussies!"

End Of An Era

#11 Post by End Of An Era » 18 Feb 2010 20:34

WHOAAAAA this is GREAT news!! :D :D :D :D

Insanity

#12 Post by Insanity » 22 Feb 2010 22:32

The snow melted, I am getting excited about the festival season... I think I'm ready for the summer! :D

End Of An Era

#13 Post by End Of An Era » 22 Feb 2010 23:16

Insanity wrote:The snow melted, I am getting excited about the festival season... I think I'm ready for the summer! :D
do you mean to say there are times you aren't ready for summer/festival season? :?
:P

Colamann

#14 Post by Colamann » 22 Feb 2010 23:57

More Assorted Goodies Just For You!

For today we picked a nice selection of various styles to announce to you regarding our DOA 2010 program.
Gun Barrel from Cologne, Hard Rock veterans of the Dong of 2006, are going to drag their guns up the hill, as will the thrashers of Guerrilla and All We Hate, who are going to be sharing a double slot. We expect a nice collection of explicit discussions and fights! :) Dark Age from Hamburg will go very well with these bands, as they have already proved in 2007 that they know what finest melodic death metal is like.
Also, we have a band coming up who survived the worst of all Dong disasters – the Storm! The Black Metal band Insignium will bring to an end what had so calamitously been interrupted in 2004. Last but not least, we’ll bring to you the possibly best technical/brutal death metal troop the German underground has brought up so far: Jack Slater from Cologne/Bonn. Check out all our info blurbs, pictures and links to audio samples in our lineup section online.
Ha det bra!

Insanity

#15 Post by Insanity » 22 Feb 2010 23:59

End Of An Era wrote:
Insanity wrote:The snow melted, I am getting excited about the festival season... I think I'm ready for the summer! :D
do you mean to say there are times you aren't ready for summer/festival season? :?
Sheeesh! I'm always ready for beer and festivals! Really looking forward to partying with you guys again!
But... seeing that summer's (well... spring...) coming up makes me feel all giddy and happy about the festival season! :D Wheeeeeeee! The snow and cold didn't keep me from being ready for festival. It just distracted me from my summer mood!

Colamann

#16 Post by Colamann » 01 Mar 2010 00:48

Damn, I forgot to post in the message boards...

Penultimate Band Package

Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s getting exciting!
Here’s the penultimate band announcement for the Dong of 2010! Let’s get started with a co-headliner of 2005. Very few people knew them five years ago, but Elvenking rocked hard with their mix of power and folk metal!
That year’s opening act were Synasthasia whose drummer was Dennis Strillinger, a former Dong team member, until 2008. Of course they are good friends of the festival, so we’re looking forward to hear some Duisburg Power Thrash on our stage!
Does anyone recall the Metal/Starwars medley? That means you probably witnessed a prog highlight in 2008, namely Persefone. The band from Andorra will be back on the hill in 2010!
A bit more lowbrow, but certainly not a bit less entertaining is the last band we’ll announce today: “Not in front of the guests, please” is what we kindly asked them. Let’s see if the Excrementory Grindfuckers live up to our expectations…
Extremely soon we’ll make the line up perfect with bands that will define awesomeness! Stay tuned!

Your Dong Team
Ha det bra!

End Of An Era

#17 Post by End Of An Era » 01 Mar 2010 23:29

NIIIIIIICEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Colamann

#18 Post by Colamann » 07 Mar 2010 13:16

Final Bands - Presales - Warm-Up Party - 2009 Streaming

As we are about to reveal the last mysteries of 2010’s Dong Open Air Line-Up, we would like to get out an update regarding the ticket sale first. Exclusively at www.dongopenair.de we’ll start our ticket sale at Sunday, the 14th of March at 12 noon, a week later that initially planned. One ticket will be 29,90€ this year. We know you’ve been holding your breath until now to find out about the final bands that are to be added to our billing. We’ll start out with lovely Death Metal rumpus:
Raintime from Italy are among the best selection of what’s to be found on the underground hunt for Melodic Death metal. They played at the hill in 2008 and will be back to rock it a second time. Also we’d like to welcome back in blood the guys from Debauchery, who last played in 2007 and apparently didn’t honor the god of blood enough. We’re sure they’ll make up for that this summer!
The house of Grailskull is going to send out their brave knights again! The Grailknights got new armor and are also going to fight the evil Dr. Skull with a new drummer by their side! Last but not least, we have asked Dark Tranquility to join us for a second time at our lovely hill. The co-founders of the Gothenburg sound are going to be another headlining act!

So this means, we have the doubtlessly fattest Dong lineup ever! We commited 25 bands, out of which five were main acts of the past nine years, as well as two more co-headliners, multitudes of highlights of the past decade and also nostalgic reunions of two Dong team bands and to put the icing on the cake, we have a Hate Factor Reunion gig!

At this point we would like to send a out a major Thank you! to our new sponsor, the Foundation for Culture of the Sparkasse Neukirchen-Vluyn. We really appreciate your support and dedication.

DONG WARM- UP PARTY:
And if this is still not enough we have a small supprise for you. We aim to reduce waiting times in this year, too: We invite all of you to the Dong Open Air Warm-Up Party on the 24th of April. Themed The Brutal Way we'd like to rock the crap out of your minds in the just finished Bollwerk 107 in Moers. So far we have enganged:

* Maroon
* Hackneyed
* Grind Inc.
* CrossHead

More bands, informations and ticket sale can be looked up at http://www.doaconcerts.de.

We cannot wait to see you climb up our hill,
Your Dong Team
Ha det bra!

Saurius

#19 Post by Saurius » 08 Mar 2010 01:34

HAIL TO THE GRAIL!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :D :D :D :D :D
"Sing it you pussies!"

No‘am

#20 Post by No‘am » 09 Mar 2010 02:41

good chance that I'll be there
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

End Of An Era

#21 Post by End Of An Era » 09 Mar 2010 19:41

No‘am wrote:good chance that I'll be there
yeah!! :D great news!

faery

#22 Post by faery » 09 Mar 2010 20:29

This is going to rock our socks!

No‘am

#23 Post by No‘am » 09 Mar 2010 21:04

faery wrote:This is going to rock our socks!
I can get you new ones, real military socks ;)

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

End Of An Era

#24 Post by End Of An Era » 10 Mar 2010 00:03

:lol:

Colamann

#25 Post by Colamann » 14 Mar 2010 03:31

Last Info On Pre-Sales

It’s about time!

Here we go, lovely Dong people! Here’s our final reminder for the Dong Open Air 2010 ticket sale! It will start this Sunday, the 14th of March at 12 noon on www.dongopenair.de! Last year it only took four hours to sell out, so we are pretty sure that getting your ticket right then isn’t bad advice. Here’s a wrap up of the most important info as well as things on our Dong Warm Up Party:

One ticket to our awesome anniversary show with the best billing ever will cost you 29,90€. In return you’ll get 25 bands, five headliners and two co-headliners from the past nine years, altogether one highlight after the other.

Parking and camping are of course included. We are going to charge 99cents though because of the extra charge the ticket sale costs to us. We would like to stress that these 99 cents are per order, not per ticket. You can buy up to nine tickets per order.

At the same time we are also going to start our ticket sale for our Dong Warm Up Party which is going to take place at the 24th of April at the Bollwerk 107 in Moers next to the train station, so almost next to the Dong hill. Maroon, Hackneyed, Grind Inc., Contradiction, Failed Perfection and CrossHead are going to rock the house “The Brutal Way”. Tickets are 14,50€ each and can be acquired at the ticket sale page of the Dong as well as on www.doaconcerts.de, on the Metaltix website as well as in a few days on CTS/Eventim, your local ticket dealer’s store and at Jules Papp in Krefeld.

If you feel like you cannot wait for the Dong, drop by www.rockalarm.tv and check out the video clips of D.O.A 2010 acts put together for you!

Have fun buying your ticket!
Your Dong Team
Ha det bra!

Insanity

#26 Post by Insanity » 14 Mar 2010 13:18

Fucking server. Been trying since noon to just get to the reservation form... O_o

Little Dragon

#27 Post by Little Dragon » 14 Mar 2010 13:36

I just was at the VVK-site and it says: SOLD OUT! :shock:

Is this true or just a really bad joke?
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

Insanity

#28 Post by Insanity » 14 Mar 2010 13:49

I got the same thing. :shock:

Colamann

#29 Post by Colamann » 14 Mar 2010 14:09

In spite of the rumours, we are NOT!! sold out yet!
Ha det bra!

Little Dragon

#30 Post by Little Dragon » 14 Mar 2010 15:14

Colamann wrote:In spite of the rumours, we are NOT!! sold out yet!

You've got pm ;)
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I find it hard to take
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

End Of An Era

#31 Post by End Of An Era » 14 Mar 2010 15:25

i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

faery

#32 Post by faery » 14 Mar 2010 15:50

Which I hope means that the rest of us Dutchies (and at least one German) got our tickets too?

End Of An Era

#33 Post by End Of An Era » 14 Mar 2010 15:52

faery wrote:Which I hope means that the rest of us Dutchies (and at least one German) got our tickets too?
read your email :D

Sentinel

#34 Post by Sentinel » 14 Mar 2010 23:43

God fucking damn it! Tried for nearly 3 hours to get to the reservation and then it told me that the festival is sold out.
As I read in the Dong forum several people ordered too many tickets, so my hopes are high to get at least 2 of them. :roll:
To rise as one!

Insanity

#35 Post by Insanity » 15 Mar 2010 15:14

End Of An Era wrote:i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets! i got my tickets!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

+1 :D

Well, a ticket for Noam and some friends that is.

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#36 Post by Metal Fan » 15 Mar 2010 19:47

I wish I can go!
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Andreas

#37 Post by Andreas » 15 Mar 2010 20:05

But you can't, so stop dreaming :P

Saurius

#38 Post by Saurius » 15 Mar 2010 22:21

FUCK YEAH!!!! NOAM @ DONG!!!!! 8) :D
"Sing it you pussies!"

little vero

#39 Post by little vero » 07 Apr 2010 08:11

Heyho!

Anyone of you still got some tickets leftover?
Anything missing?

Saurius

#40 Post by Saurius » 07 Apr 2010 12:04

well i wouldnt know, but good luck trying to find some :lol:
"Sing it you pussies!"

End Of An Era

#41 Post by End Of An Era » 07 Apr 2010 18:35

nope, there's pretty much a huge shortage of DOA tickets :?

Insanity

#42 Post by Insanity » 08 Apr 2010 09:12

End Of An Era wrote:nope, there's pretty much a huge shortage of DOA tickets :?
There is always a huge shortage of Dong tickets. But I'm really glad it can't get any bigger than the hill. Making it bigger would partly ruin the festival's feeling. Which I love. The festival feeling, not ruining, that is.

End Of An Era

#43 Post by End Of An Era » 08 Apr 2010 20:06

i ment to refer only to the ticket shortage on this forum( :P ), but yes, you are totally right :)

End Of An Era

Re: Dong Open Air 2010 - In Dong We Trust - on July 23rd & 2

#44 Post by End Of An Era » 19 Jul 2010 12:30

A few days left!! :D

Little Dragon

#45 Post by Little Dragon » 19 Jul 2010 13:24

yay! :D
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I find it hard to take
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

End Of An Era

#46 Post by End Of An Era » 19 Jul 2010 14:43

already packed 90% of my stuff, really, why am i still here?? :?

:mrgreen:

Sentinel

#47 Post by Sentinel » 19 Jul 2010 16:46

Can't wait until the festival starts! Marcel, when are you going to arrive? I have to work and won't be there before 3 or 4 pm. Are you planning to camp at the same place as usual?
I'm just asking, because Joran's got my ticket. *g*

Looking forward to meet all of you again!! HEERSCH!
To rise as one!

No‘am

#48 Post by No‘am » 19 Jul 2010 18:37

End Of An Era wrote:A few days left!! :D
Little Dragon wrote:yay! :D
End Of An Era wrote:already packed 90% (Noam: 0%) of my stuff, really, why am i still here?? :? (Noam: Exam on the 21st)

:mrgreen:

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

End Of An Era

#49 Post by End Of An Era » 19 Jul 2010 22:32

Sentinel wrote:Can't wait until the festival starts! Marcel, when are you going to arrive? I have to work and won't be there before 3 or 4 pm. Are you planning to camp at the same place as usual?
I'm just asking, because Joran's got my ticket. *g*

Looking forward to meet all of you again!! HEERSCH!
wtf? Joran took al the credit again? :? last time i checked i had all the tickets. that asshole, taking credit for all the good i do for you! :cry:

Just give a call/message when you arrive, we'll get you your wristband and party together! :D Don't know if we're going to be on the same spot but hey, how big is the donghill, right?? :mrgreen:

Little Dragon

#50 Post by Little Dragon » 20 Jul 2010 00:05

we should all camp together!

when are you arriving? any idea? ;)

oh, and i want to thank dearest marcy for getting me (and sebastian) tickets :mrgreen: what would we do without you! *tons of hugs and kisses and stuff* :P
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I find it hard to take
it’s a very very...

...Mad world