Facebook?

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

Re: Facebook?

#51 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 06 Oct 2009 19:20

:lol:
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Mackasfour

#52 Post by Mackasfour » 07 Oct 2009 15:31

:lol: indeed
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Raistlin Majere

#53 Post by Raistlin Majere » 07 Oct 2009 15:52

I like you Chilly people better than the Mexicans because you live far away and don't sneak into my country and demand citizenship.
It seems that the Mule does like someone at last! Or at least has preferance...
"As long as you stay out of my f..cking country, I like you."
----------------------------
If my post doesn't make sense, just consider that I post for postcount!

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#54 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 07 Oct 2009 17:35

he must like chile because our flag is a copy of the texas flag :lol: besides,we were named after food :!:

Joost

#55 Post by Joost » 07 Oct 2009 19:01

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:he must like chile because our flag is a copy of the texas flag :lol: besides,we were named after food :!:
Nah, it's the other way around! The flag of Chile first was used in 1817, and the flag of Texas in 1838.

(God bless Wikipedia for allowing me access to this information. :P)
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

West Virginia Mule

#56 Post by West Virginia Mule » 07 Oct 2009 21:00

Raistlin Majere wrote: "As long as you stay out of my f..cking country, I like you."
Now, that's an oversimplification, Raisin. I hate everyone, in the US or otherwise.
KILROY WAS HERE

Gandalf de Grijze

#57 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 07 Oct 2009 23:47

except me.. but i'm his sunday gay boyfriend.. we like to hook up every sunday and do stuff god forbade us to
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

West Virginia Mule

#58 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Oct 2009 08:51

The homosexual-obsessed culture cannot stay quiet for long. Everything is gay, everyone is gay, and it's always the pinnacle of wit to use the term gay in any of its multifaceted and senseless definitions.
KILROY WAS HERE

Raistlin Majere

#59 Post by Raistlin Majere » 08 Oct 2009 09:53

West Virginia Mule wrote:Now, that's an oversimplification, Raisin. I hate everyone, in the US or otherwise.
No it's not oversimplification. It's a conclusion. :)
Someone has made you think that everyone wants to immigrate in the US, and that this bad for your country. That's obvious in all your "Coffee shop" posts. This is not an accusation. It's a fact. It's your right to think whatever you want about immigrants and prefer them dead than alive, as they do "sooo much harm to your society"... I disagree with your opinion of course, but I have said that in other topics.
Of course you are (self-)justified since you believe that aaalll white people are racists. Strange, I didn't know that. I am white, but since I cannot be the judge of myself, I do know people who are not racists....and they are white!
You are prejudiced against non-white people. You see a latino, and say he looks like a criminal. Well, I have seen some pretty good looking white criminals (Your friend G.Bush is also criminal in my opinion, but not that ugly...)
You said
Latinos in the United States are all in gangs, murdering and raping and stealing and speading drugs like a poison through the veins of the cities. It's true. I saw it in a movie.
--> You seem to be joking here, but I believe you actually believe what you say. I'm sure that your country's prisons have only black people and latinos.

It's Raitslin by the way....not Raisin
("I hope you all have a little sympathy for a guy called Raistlin. He is the... SOULFORGED!")

PS. I'm not attacking you.. Just explaining my conclusion. No offense Mule. (I would prefer dude or ese if I were you... But on the other hand, as you wish.) :roll:

Little Dragon

#60 Post by Little Dragon » 08 Oct 2009 10:51

Raistlin Majere wrote: It's Raitslin by the way....not Raisin
nice typo :P
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

Raistlin Majere

#61 Post by Raistlin Majere » 08 Oct 2009 11:34

Ha ha ...

Someone should correct my correction... :lol:

Little Dragon

#62 Post by Little Dragon » 08 Oct 2009 11:44

indeed
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I find it hard to take
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

West Virginia Mule

#63 Post by West Virginia Mule » 08 Oct 2009 19:03

Raisin wrote: Someone has made you think that everyone wants to immigrate in the US
The "someone" would be the news reports of Mexicans stealing across the border day and night. Do I think that everyone wants to come to America? Heh. Not quite.

As I've alluded to ad nauseam on this forum and elsewhere, I have absolutely no problem with anyone out there in the wide, wide world wanting to be an American citizen, coming here and legally becoming one. That's cool with me. That's the way it's done. But if it serves your purposes to ignore that outlook and decide that I hate all immigrants into the U.S., that I harbor racist sentiments towards all non Americans—and all non white Americans, for that matter—because it makes me an easy target for you, well okay. You know, we all do what we gotta do, and if that's how you need to slant this, go ahead. I'll be your White American Devil. Just realize that the reality is far different from the fantasy and pretend personas on this forum.
Raisin wrote:that this [is] bad for your country.
Illegal immigration is bad for my country. The 20 million illegal immigrants that are here are bad for my country.

Legal immigration is not bad for my country, however.

Having said that, it’s becoming apparent that the concept of the melting pot is fast becoming a memory. Many people don't want to come here—legally immigrate—and share in the common culture, values and interest that once defined what it was to “be” American. Rather, they want to come here and reject all that and attempt to change the fabric in the weave of this land. The dichotomy does confuse me somewhat, that people want to become American citizens but they don’t want to be Americans.

I feel that we're fractured, that we're not one country any longer, but many. The landscape is changing, but that doesn't mean I want to seal the borders and deny legal immigration. Legal immigration was the foundation of our country and it is the law of the land and I believe in it. Conversely, illegal immigrants flagrantly break the law of the land, flaunt their ability to do so, rejoice in it, drain resources and demand citizenship and equal representation. They're criminals marching through the streets waving Mexican flags. Perhaps what astonishes me is that we won't spend the money to punish them, deport them, that we’re so handcuffed by the liberal mantra of shame and victimization that we feel we must give in, reward them for their transgressions, give them the keys to the house as a reward for breaking a window and crawling in. I’m incensed by it. I've used borderline racist terms to describe illegal immigrants, and I do so to illustrate a point, and that point is my—our—rage at them and the various government administrations who would not address the issue. Illegal immigrants are nothing more than criminals getting a free pass. They sneak in, they squat, they ego up, they don't learn the language, they commit robbery, rape, murder (and no, the implication here is not that they are the only ones committing such crimes, but rather that they are adding to the problem and they shouldn’t even be here), they destabilize society, they soak up resources that we don't have to spare. They are subhuman, and I feel justified in labeling them with whatever ugly terminology I can summon up. I cannot be ugly enough when it comes illegal immigrants and the overall concept of illegal immigration into the United States. Yet, you take any of them, have them follow the rules, become a citizen of the land by procedure, and I’ll accept them without reservation. You see, it’s not personal, it’s not about whatever country they’re from, what their race is, it’s about upholding our laws and principles. Right now, they’re trampling those things and laughing about it, their presence diminishing the quality of life here for legal citizens, and we find it embarrassing and infuriating being forced to accept it.
Raisin wrote:I disagree with your opinion of course
It is your opinion that illegal immigration is good for the United States? Is it also your opinion that the United States should have no immigration laws then, that we should just abandon the borders and the concept of citizenship and just let everyone who can put one dry foot on the land here become a legal citizen of the United States? Does that opinion also include all the other nations of the world, that they should not police illegal immigration, that allowing anyone and everyone to become a citizen is a good thing—or do you reserve that opinion solely for the United States of America? Do you feel we are an unjust and amoral country because we half-heartedly attempt to police our borders and worry about illegal immigrants and what they're doing to our country? When I personally witness illegal Mexican immigrants working jobs in my hometown—good jobs, well-paying jobs—and hear them laughing at how easy it is to fool Uncle Sam, showing me their three different American IDs, laughing at how they collect unemployment from the government on two of them while working with the third one, and all the while Americans born right here in this town cannot find work or are working for minimum wage, they and their families the communities suffering, is it your opinion that I am racist or otherwise amoral for wanting the situation changed? Is it your opinion that my rage and frustration that leads me to make comments about them like "go home or die" make me an evil person? I don't mean that literally—I don't want anyone to die unless they’re holding a gun to my head—but again, it can be taken out of context and used to whatever ends fit a mold you or someone like your are trying to form about me or someone like me.
Raisin wrote:you believe that aaalll white people are racists
The concept of saying "all white people are born as racists" and running with it being a sarcastic reaction to the ridiculous notion spewed out from by Newsweek magazine probably eludes you. It's okay. If it makes you feel good to think I believed Newsweek and wasn’t rolling eyes at them, have at it.
Raisin wrote: You see a latino, and say he looks like a criminal.
Again, If you want to take that seriously, go ahead. You can take everything I type on this forum at a literal face value. Have fun with that.

I also said ThePKH looks like a murderer. I must harbor racist sentiments concerning long-haired white Europeans holding icicles too.
Raisin wrote:I have seen some pretty good looking white criminals
And all this time I thought white people didn't commit crimes.
raisin wrote:Your friend G.Bush
Back to that again, are we? I find it interesting how some of you people continue to paint me into some White American Devil stereotype, no matter often I explain differently. Still, as I said, I'm here to serve, and if serving as you as the White American Devil Who Loved George Bush makes it easier for you, so be it. After all, there aren’t any other real Americans on this forum for you to use as a punching bag.
Raisin wrote:You said Latinos in the United States are all in gangs, murdering and raping and stealing and speading drugs like a poison through the veins of the cities. It's true. I saw it in a movie. --> You seem to be joking here, but I believe you actually believe what you say.
Well, if that's what you believe, then I'm sure what you believe must be true. After all, you believe it.
raisin wrote:I'm sure that your country's prisons have only black people and latinos.
Some Middle Eastern terrorists too.
Raisin wrote:It's Raitslin by the way....not Raisin
Oh. Sorry. I'll work on that.
Raisin wrote:No offense Mule.
I'm not your mule.

And I won’t answer at length again. You win a small victory here by coercing me into wasting my time typing this stuff, and I’ll not give you that victory again.
KILROY WAS HERE

Joost

#64 Post by Joost » 08 Oct 2009 21:05

Maybe you should quit pretending that everyone thinks of you as a racist.

I don't recall anyone ever actually calling you a racist here. Just for the record.

And, heh, I'm living in a country where the legal immigrants are looked upon in about the same way as the illegal ones are in yours. (Yes, the party which is our largest in the polls right now wants to take away Dutch citizenship from people of Moroccan descent – who actually do have Dutch citizenship, and in most cases even are born here, and then send them "back" to Morocco.) The illegal immigrants here? We just send them back with the first plane, and maybe detain them in camps for a while if we can't send them back right away. And yes, that's pretty much what happens here. So much for Europe being the more liberal place.

Whether I'm proud of this situation? Well, not quite, to be honest. But, at the same time, it's quite puzzling to see America (not just now, already under GWB and before) having such a lackluster attitude towards their illegal immigrants.
-- Martin Walkyier

Gandalf de Grijze

#65 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 08 Oct 2009 21:19

on topic: i made myself one last weekend as some have found out already
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands

Draugwen

#66 Post by Draugwen » 08 Oct 2009 21:40

Don't have, don't need.
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

Mackasfour

#67 Post by Mackasfour » 09 Oct 2009 05:13

According to some American politic who was visiting here this week. Us Aussies are extremely racist.... ROFL :lol: :lol:
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Joost

#68 Post by Joost » 09 Oct 2009 08:44

:o

What did you do?
-- Martin Walkyier

West Virginia Mule

#69 Post by West Virginia Mule » 09 Oct 2009 10:56

Harry Connick, Jr. unimpressed by Australia's blackface Jackson 5

Blackface issues aside, why are they doing 1960s/1970s TV shows in Australia? It's like a time warp. Maybe since they're stuck in the 60s they think blackface buffoonery is humorous. Like how the real Michael Jackson thought whiteface buffoonery was...uhm...his lifelong dream.

In any case, it doesn’t matter if Australians are racists. Nobody pays attention to them anyway.
KILROY WAS HERE

Mackasfour

#70 Post by Mackasfour » 09 Oct 2009 13:22

And it's much better that way if the world doesn't pay attention to us (Otherwise we'd be America, and I for one don't want that)

And regarding the tv show it would be "Hey Hey It's Saturday" , it's quite funny if you aren't as tight as a fishes bumhole.

West Virginia Mule

#71 Post by West Virginia Mule » 09 Oct 2009 22:21

Mackasfour wrote:And it's much better that way if the world doesn't pay attention to us (Otherwise we'd be America, and I for one don't want that)
Well, yeah. You guys get to do whatever you want and no one knows about it. You got the life, man. :lol:
Mackasfour wrote:And regarding the tv show it would be "Hey Hey It's Saturday" , it's quite funny if you aren't as tight as a fishes bumhole.
Tight or otherwise, variety gong shows with 1970s production values are not and never have been my thing. Even in the 70s. Back then, I preferred Scooby-Doo. The original, mind you, not that Scrappy-Doo crap.
KILROY WAS HERE

Mackasfour

#72 Post by Mackasfour » 10 Oct 2009 02:50

Late 80's mate...

Sleeping Dragon

#73 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 10 Oct 2009 08:33

he might not remember the difference.
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

West Virginia Mule

#74 Post by West Virginia Mule » 15 Oct 2009 10:51

I'm up to two friends now, PKH! Do you mind if I call you Pete? Thanks! And a few more maybe pending. Really. No bologna. At this rate I'll be into double digits before I'm 50. How awesome is that? Amazing world, these internets.

I haven't used the Facebook for anything because...well, because it scares me. Like everything. I mean, it's a scary world, right-o? Nothing wrong with being scared. Of everything. Also I haven't used the Facebook because I have nothing to say and have no interest in anyone else. That's me, scared and thoughtless and disinterested. But I covet my European Union, the pretend internet characters who've interacted with the Mule persona for lo these many moons. It's one of the better PC RPG games out there.

Oh, and Pete, could you do me a favor and type in English? See, I clicked on your icicle picture and all I saw was that garish alphabet soup and...well...my ear began to bleed. Don't know why. I think the random mishmash of letters and symbols made my brain swell up something fierce. So, you know, for the sake of the bloodstain on the shoulder of my white Gadsden Flag shirt, do a brother a favor, huh? Thanks, Pete! You're a peach.
KILROY WAS HERE

ThePKH

#75 Post by ThePKH » 25 Oct 2009 01:22

Worry not, my status updates mostly consist of me announcing that I'm drinking beer and listening to heavy metal. If there's any change in what I'm doing, I'll type in English. Maybe I'll have a bad day at work or something. Though I never have bad days anymore. Yeah, my life is that boring: all rainbows and butterflies.
And I'm indeed called Pete quite often, just remember to pronounce it (in your mind) the Finnish way. Repeat after me: Pete, Pete. PETE.
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Skyclad

#76 Post by Skyclad » 25 Oct 2009 17:09

I have a MySpace page. I had a Facebook page, but I hated the way it was laid out and very very few bands have MySpace pages so I deleted it.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

West Virginia Mule

#77 Post by West Virginia Mule » 26 Oct 2009 02:53

ThePKH wrote:Worry not, my status updates mostly consist of me announcing that I'm drinking beer and listening to heavy metal.
Ahh, the good life. If you're 18. :P
If there's any change in what I'm doing, I'll type in English.
That's good. So when you begin constructing dirty bombs to detonate in Los Angeles I'll know. And help.
I never have bad days anymore. Yeah, my life is that boring: all rainbows and butterflies.
Rainbows and butterflies are not boring. I sometimes find them in various bottles of prescription medication. Although...uhm...sometimes the butterflies are dead.
And I'm indeed called Pete quite often, just remember to pronounce it (in your mind) the Finnish way. Repeat after me: Pete, Pete. PETE.
Pete. Did I do that right?
Skyclad wrote:I had a Facebook page, but I hated the way it was laid out
It's chaotic and nearly undecipherable. Yup.
very very few bands have MySpace pages
Facebook pages, you mean. No charge for the correction. This time.
I deleted it.
I've created and deleted dozens of Facebook and MySpace pages. But that's just me. :lol:
KILROY WAS HERE

ThePKH

#78 Post by ThePKH » 26 Oct 2009 16:36

West Virginia Mule wrote:Pete. Did I do that right?
Just about. The e's should be pronounced like in the word "pet". And do remember to vocalize both of them.

Lilyael

#79 Post by Lilyael » 26 Oct 2009 17:11

I signed up to Facebook to stalk my bf, as you do. I then discovered how utterly boring he is and not doing anything at all I could whack him for, so I tried to leave, citing as my reason "causing me too much social trauma". I then re-signed, for a reason I can't think of right now ( but may have something to do with stalking people ) and was told I already had an account. Funny, 'cos I thought I left. :roll: So anyway I have two accounts exactly the same, and twice the social trauma as I'd had in the first place, and I guess it serves me right. :o
The first person to find me and add me, within seconds, was this girl I hadn't seen for 20 years. And I thought I was the stalker..... :x

PKH: "peh-teh" ?? Is that right ? You'll just get called "petal" over here, love
.......and you deserve us, Leviathan

ThePKH

#80 Post by ThePKH » 26 Oct 2009 19:06

Lilyael wrote: PKH: "peh-teh" ?? Is that right ? You'll just get called "petal" over here, love
Peh-teh is not totally right but I'm ok with it. Maybe it's my indian name or something. :P

Mackasfour

#81 Post by Mackasfour » 27 Oct 2009 07:32

... Paddy

West Virginia Mule

#82 Post by West Virginia Mule » 27 Oct 2009 12:08

Pete rhymes with feet. It's all I can do. I'm constrained by the perceptions of the role I've assumed.
KILROY WAS HERE

dawsonamelia5

#83 Post by dawsonamelia5 » 29 Oct 2009 06:05

Yeah got a Facebook (for games)... :D

chiropractic marketing

Raistlin Majere

#84 Post by Raistlin Majere » 29 Oct 2009 12:01

Welcome to the forum! :)

I also use facebook only for games....

Mackasfour

#85 Post by Mackasfour » 29 Oct 2009 12:06

He's a spammer :P

Little Dragon

#86 Post by Little Dragon » 29 Oct 2009 14:01

you not? :mrgreen:
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I find it hard to take
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

Mackasfour

#87 Post by Mackasfour » 30 Oct 2009 06:42

I'm the good kind :mrgreen:

Frozen within

#88 Post by Frozen within » 30 Oct 2009 13:45

I'm waiting for titbook to arrive, or assbook. In the meanwhile facebook will do, I guess ...
Eat more vegetables !

Mackasfour

#89 Post by Mackasfour » 30 Oct 2009 13:51

Oooh, I'll wait with you

Skyclad

#90 Post by Skyclad » 01 Nov 2009 19:18

Mackasfour wrote:According to some American politic who was visiting here this week. Us Aussies are extremely racist.... ROFL :lol: :lol:

You guys are! I've seem Romper Stomper.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Bender B. Rodriguez

#91 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 10 Nov 2009 05:18

Frozen within wrote:I'm waiting for titbook to arrive, or assbook. In the meanwhile facebook will do, I guess ...
those do exist,mostly as "paybook"

Gandalf de Grijze

#92 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 10 Nov 2009 13:30

just noticed my uncle actually has a facebook account.. didn't expect that, he never was much of a computer guy

West Virginia Mule

#93 Post by West Virginia Mule » 10 Nov 2009 16:34

I always liked your uncle.
KILROY WAS HERE

Gandalf de Grijze

#94 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 10 Nov 2009 16:43

i know.. he's been an important part of your life..

West Virginia Mule

#95 Post by West Virginia Mule » 10 Nov 2009 16:53

He's always been there for me during the tough times.
KILROY WAS HERE

Gandalf de Grijze

#96 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 10 Nov 2009 17:47

i know.. and he wants me to tell you that he loves you too

Lilyael

#97 Post by Lilyael » 10 Nov 2009 17:52

facebook sure brings people toegther :P
.......and you deserve us, Leviathan

ThePKH

#98 Post by ThePKH » 10 Nov 2009 18:33

West Virginia Mule is my uncle!

Sarah

#99 Post by Sarah » 12 Nov 2009 02:36

Steven seems to be spamming comments on oooooold pictures right now. That's pretty fun :)
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

Gandalf de Grijze

#100 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 12 Nov 2009 02:59

yeeees.. i'm in a memory lane mood now..

but you are the only one with pics that come from my past.. the rest seems to have no pics at all from past events i was present at.