Facebook?

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
t.a.j.

Facebook?

#1 Post by t.a.j. » 18 Sep 2009 21:12

Are you?
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Orodaran

Re: Facebook?

#2 Post by Orodaran » 18 Sep 2009 23:08

They made me do it...
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

corrupted old gnom

#3 Post by corrupted old gnom » 19 Sep 2009 01:00

+1
wisdom starts where knowledge ends

Led Guardian

#4 Post by Led Guardian » 19 Sep 2009 04:02

+2

A couple of my friends made it.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Pathfinder

#5 Post by Pathfinder » 19 Sep 2009 08:47

+3.

Actually, I was..well, pressured :), to create an account, but I stood my ground...for a while. :D
And then, my mobile phone died, and it was a really good time for a phone to die, cause I was pretty much out of money during that period. So, I needed a way to get in touch with friends (and I couldn't use my house phone all of the time), so I made account in the end.
Now, I have a phone again, and I don't use Facebook that much honestly, just log on to see if I got any messages. The really good thing that I got out of Facebook was that I connected with people that I was going to elementary school with (and middle school, so those who have middle schools in their countries understand me :) ). We even got together for a party once, just my class. It was really nice.

Beside that, it's pretty boring thing, if you ask me.

Alija Vila

#6 Post by Alija Vila » 19 Sep 2009 10:23

I have a profile, but I am not really active. I don't like doing silly quizzes, placing my photos around...
In other words, I find Facebiook boring, but sometimes it can be useful.

Mackasfour

#7 Post by Mackasfour » 19 Sep 2009 12:48

Funny, my friends want me to use it but they can get screwed :P then I thought about it, got halfway through when I came to
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Orodaran

#8 Post by Orodaran » 19 Sep 2009 13:24

Well, the use I found for Facebook is to have a general "common ground" where to have all people I know, since I don't have the MSN / ICQ or mail addresses (or even phone numbers) of everybody... the novelty of finding out where have your kindergarten mates gone wears off in a day or two, but since it's only natural (at least IMO) that you can't keep in constant, steady and active touch with *everybody* you know, expecially ex coworkers or school mates, I find that Facebook is a nice way to see what they're up to even if you wouldn't have that much to say with a phone call or a long mail... especially since it doesn't have that horrible, sounds-embedded MySpace layout :wink: That, and as a easy tool to show off photos for those who are too lazy (or don't care enough) to visit my pics site or bookmark it :P

Also, while I think that the "friend" term on Facebook is a very loose term, I try to add people that I actually consider my real friends - so feel free to add me if we know each other (on this board it basically means that we met at Coburg or Wacken) or, at the very least, it's a long time that we regularly chat on MSN or keep in touch through mail... otherwise, nothing personal, but I won't add a random person that I know nothing about just because we both made a post in a random topic on a message board. (Also, while pictures have no language, I write stuff in italian anyway)

And maybe, given and not granted that someone's actually interested in adding me, the question would arise, "well, how do I add you anyway"? well, if we are really friends, you should know my name or at least know how to contact me to ask me personally, mh? :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

No‘am

#9 Post by No‘am » 19 Sep 2009 13:46

yes
Male me marem putatis? Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Beren Ercharmion

#10 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 19 Sep 2009 16:41

me, too.
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

t.a.j.

#11 Post by t.a.j. » 19 Sep 2009 19:29

And why not post your usernames there?

Beren Ercharmion

#12 Post by Beren Ercharmion » 19 Sep 2009 19:31

I could ask you the same, and have fun browsing through a gazillion of Thomas Webers to find me ;)
Ludwig Ganghofer wrote: Wen Gott liebt den lässt er fallen in dieses Land.

Orodaran

#13 Post by Orodaran » 19 Sep 2009 19:45

t.a.j. wrote:And why not post your usernames there?
To not deny random people access for the reasons I explained above :P but hey, I have an account at Gmail, so you can start from that to look for me and discern through the few people that has my same name :wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

West Virginia Mule

#14 Post by West Virginia Mule » 20 Sep 2009 04:49

I don't understand Facebook and Twitter and MySpace. I mean...I get the overall concept I guess, the social butterfly net thing, just...how can people have so much to say all the time and have the time to always be typing all the things they have to say and, furthermore, have the time and inclination to read all the things other people are saying? It makes the world seem like it's accelerating beyond my grasp. It makes me feel old.

A while back I got this idea tangled up in my head about MySpace and immortality. I read something about how some kids were keeping their friend’s MySpace page alive after she’d died somehow, as a memorial or tribute or whatever. I thought…something. But years went on, I guess. People use places like MySpace the Facebook and the others to communicate, for being social butterflies, for boosts of adrenaline to their ego, for ill-advised self-expression. But that wasn’t what I wanted at all, save the ill-advised part. No interest in playing at social butterflying. Or ability. I just wanted a place to build my own tombstone. But it’s not really possible, as I found out. Or at least not easily realized. So I quit and retried and quit and retried and…whatever. It’s never gotten there. I wanted to collect all the garbage I’d written on these forum over the years and put it in the blog pages—a march of folly, if you will—but most of what I’d written over the year is lost and gone anyway. It’s all so worthless an attempt, but that was the idea. In case anyone has wondered why I created and continue to create a MySpace page, it’s not for “yo dog” shoutouts or ego stroking, but rather some clumsy attempt to etch the words and numbers into a tombstone. It’s a work in progress, stagnating and probably abandoned partly because I know it’s the wrong thing in the wrong place, but…

…isn’t everything? Yeah. Seems so.
KILROY WAS HERE

rdyfrde

#15 Post by rdyfrde » 20 Sep 2009 06:04

Yeah I have one. It's under the name "Ready Freddie" 8)
"And the seer of fish heads said before he went blind"

http://rdyfrde.livejournal.com/
http://community.livejournal.com/hansikursch/

Sleeping Dragon

#16 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 20 Sep 2009 11:26

nop, i don't have one. i have more than enough users opened in all sorts of sites and message services, most of which i never use anymore. why start another one?
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

Gandalf de Grijze

#17 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 20 Sep 2009 13:30

i've been thinking about creating one but i donno.. i guess that once i do , those who know me will get to learn about it soon enough
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

No‘am

#18 Post by No‘am » 20 Sep 2009 15:00

Well, my username is just my name, Noam Tomer, and there aren't many of those. Also, if anyone wants, PM me and I'll send it to you.

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

ThePKH

#19 Post by ThePKH » 20 Sep 2009 20:00

Facepalmbook. I can't do without it anymore. I can spy on other people and play stupid little games. Oh it's that great.
My username is very clever: petteri.hyvonen
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Insanity

#20 Post by Insanity » 22 Sep 2009 21:29

I'm on facebook, too. It's my real name... which I am not gonna post here. Never know if the secret service is spying on my BG forum profile!!

ThePKH

#21 Post by ThePKH » 23 Sep 2009 08:21

I thought it was the other way round, that you're spying the secret service. :P

Sleeping Dragon

#22 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 23 Sep 2009 08:44

but she has to make them think they're the ones doing all the watching.

Insanity

#23 Post by Insanity » 23 Sep 2009 08:50

Don't ruin my plan by telling about my secret! Gaaah... I mean... uh... about THEIR secret! The secrets of the secret service are to be kept secrets!

t.a.j.

#24 Post by t.a.j. » 23 Sep 2009 09:39

No‘am wrote:Well, my username is just my name, Noam Tomer, and there aren't many of those. Also, if anyone wants, PM me and I'll send it to you.
All the other Noams are girls :)
You have a girlie name! :p

Sleeping Dragon

#25 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 23 Sep 2009 20:56

actually no, noam is a guy's name that got into fashion for girls in the recent years. like stevie or sam or tony.

Led Guardian

#26 Post by Led Guardian » 23 Sep 2009 21:09

Sleeping Dragon wrote:actually no, noam is a guy's name that got into fashion for girls in the recent years. like stevie or sam or tony.
Who the fuck names their girl Tony?
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Sleeping Dragon

#27 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 23 Sep 2009 21:18

new york italians

No‘am

#28 Post by No‘am » 23 Sep 2009 21:24

My friend has/had a grandma named Tony. And I don't have a girlie name, girls named Noam have a manly name. :)

イン ウィーノー ウェーリタース

Raistlin Majere

#29 Post by Raistlin Majere » 25 Sep 2009 15:30

Me too! I only use it to play mafia wars.... nothing else.

By the way.. Is there a BG group in Facebook?
----------------------------
If my post doesn't make sense, just consider that I post for postcount!

Led Guardian

#30 Post by Led Guardian » 25 Sep 2009 17:47

Unless I'm mistaken, there is at least a Hansi is God group, and I think I'm a member. :P

Belgera

#31 Post by Belgera » 25 Sep 2009 19:37

I am there in Facebook. Joni Mäkinen nowadays. You can add me.
delirium

Sarah

#32 Post by Sarah » 26 Sep 2009 10:13

I got a fanpage on facebook 8)

And my little cousin just asked me to become friends... This is going too far
Dreamland turned to realland and we faced a new frontier
We lost the world
Sometimes we hold it but it's slipping away
When we add reality it doesn't taste like our dream

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#33 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 26 Sep 2009 17:33

Led Guardian wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:actually no, noam is a guy's name that got into fashion for girls in the recent years. like stevie or sam or tony.
well,Tony Collette's father and mother did.
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Led Guardian

#34 Post by Led Guardian » 26 Sep 2009 20:03

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:
Led Guardian wrote:
well,Tony Collette's father and mother did.
Poor girl.

Palantyre

#35 Post by Palantyre » 27 Sep 2009 11:49

I thought it was spelled Toni... Which is a Finnish guy's name, but who the hell cares about Finnish, right?

I'm on facebook too, yeah. I don't really care about it overmuch, but that doesn't stop me from taking a peek or two every day. :P But it is indeed handy for seeing how people are doing, without that whole pesky "real social contact" thing. Technology is amazing.

That said, I've been thinking of culling my friend list a little, there are far too many people there I frankly don't give a rat's ass about. Even if they were my classmates 10 friggin' years ago.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

Mahoora

#36 Post by Mahoora » 01 Oct 2009 22:08

Got facebook, and got a lots of friends and can't spend a day without checking it at least once :lol: well I think it's a great way to communicate with old and regular friends, at least you get the chance to find out what ppl have been doing lately.
Maher Ajaman. add me! 8)
All those plans and hopes and dreams what happens to them? it's only a handfull of the lucky ones who can look back and say that they even came close.
You can't take it with you. act III,scene I

Frozen within

#37 Post by Frozen within » 02 Oct 2009 16:51

Reactivated my account today, just to see how everybody was doing. I'm far too lazy (and too much of a self indulgent bastard) to check in every day from now on, but I'm sure I'll at least take a peek on a regular basis. Really cool to find out where all the nice people I don't get to see very often (or fuckin' never at all) are standing in their lives currently.
Eat more vegetables !

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#38 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 03 Oct 2009 02:35

ok,i've never met anyone of you guys in person,but wtf,here's the direct link to my profile.

http://www.facebook.com/sheshdd

West Virginia Mule

#39 Post by West Virginia Mule » 05 Oct 2009 06:19

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:ok,i've never met anyone of you guys in person,but wtf,here's the direct link to my profile.

http://www.facebook.com/sheshdd
Sergio Andrei Soto Quiñones. You look like a murderer.
KILROY WAS HERE

Bender B. Rodriguez

#40 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 05 Oct 2009 06:20

sorry,latino,you know :o

West Virginia Mule

#41 Post by West Virginia Mule » 05 Oct 2009 06:22

ThePKH wrote:petteri.hyvonen
You look like a murderer.
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#42 Post by West Virginia Mule » 05 Oct 2009 06:29

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:sorry,latino,you know :o
Latinos in the United States are all in gangs, murdering and raping and stealing and speading drugs like a poison through the veins of the cities. It's true. I saw it in a movie.
KILROY WAS HERE

ThePKH

#43 Post by ThePKH » 05 Oct 2009 18:31

West Virginia Mule wrote:
ThePKH wrote:petteri.hyvonen
You look like a murderer.
Your only friend is a murderer? :O

West Virginia Mule

#44 Post by West Virginia Mule » 05 Oct 2009 21:37

ThePKH wrote: Your only friend is a murderer?
Maybe. But I just said he...uh...you...looked like one.

Yay! Pete's my friend! It was either you or that asstard from Brazil. Argentina. Chile. Whatever. One friend is more than enough. Oh, wait...I have never used my Facebook account. Ever. And I've got no interest in starting now. I don't understand it. Like most things in life, it's incomprehensible.

But now that I have one "friend" with a murderous appearance who lives in the North Pole, my heart grows warm and full and spikes of pain spread across my chest and down my arm. Is that normal?
KILROY WAS HERE

Bender B. Rodriguez

#45 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 06 Oct 2009 02:31

West Virginia Mule wrote:
Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:sorry,latino,you know :o
Latinos in the United States are all in gangs, murdering and raping and stealing and speading drugs like a poison through the veins of the cities. It's true. I saw it in a movie.

we'll you certainly have our number ese :lol:

West Virginia Mule

#46 Post by West Virginia Mule » 06 Oct 2009 04:27

Is that a term of endearment?
KILROY WAS HERE

Bender B. Rodriguez

#47 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 06 Oct 2009 04:43

are you coming on to me!? :x

West Virginia Mule

#48 Post by West Virginia Mule » 06 Oct 2009 04:49

You can be reasonably sure that that was not the case. Heh.

Was just wondering what the "ese" meant. Sounds like a Cheech & Chong word. Or a typo. What?
KILROY WAS HERE

Bender B. Rodriguez

#49 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 06 Oct 2009 05:03

"ese" is something like "dude","man","dawg"...and so on...i'm not mexican but i just gotta love when they call each other "orale eseeeee".i actually use a lot of mexican terms to refer to my chilean pals,i'm known for that,i'm cool.
eseeee

West Virginia Mule

#50 Post by West Virginia Mule » 06 Oct 2009 06:41

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:"ese" is something like "dude","man","dawg"
Oh. Then I'm not your ese.
i'm not mexican
Everyone south of Texas is all the same to me.
but i just gotta love when they call each other "orale eseeeee".
Why? What's it mean? Should I be calling Mexicans that?
i actually use a lot of mexican terms to refer to my chilean pals
I like you Chilly people better than the Mexicans because you live far away and don't sneak into my country and demand citizenship.
i'm known for that
I'm not known for anything.
i'm cool.
Because you use Mexican slang? Well. In America, you're only cool if you use black slang, wear skewed baseball caps and make those sideways peace signs. I mean, I think. I'm not sure. I haven't been cool since the 80s ended. Okay, I probably wasn't cool then either. Leave me alone. Why are you trying to make me feel bad, bringing up all this stuff? Jeesh.
KILROY WAS HERE