Barack Hussein Obama

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Raistlin Majere

Re: Barack Hussein Obama

#51 Post by Raistlin Majere » 24 Jul 2009 12:13

I agrree with t.a.j.

Besides, nothing can be worse than Bush. if USA is not in good hands, it is at least in better hands.
Noone likes war-pigs like your previous president(s), who only wanted to get rich at the expense of your own country and other countries.
----------------------------
If my post doesn't make sense, just consider that I post for postcount!

Joost

#52 Post by Joost » 24 Jul 2009 16:43

West Virginia Mule wrote:
U.S. President Barry Obama wrote:"I don't know the facts...but the cops up there "acted stupidly" in Cambridge."
It doesn't matter what "the facts" are in any case, if a minority is arrested then it's wrong...or "stupid" as Obama says. Bill Cosby's got my back on this one.

It's all about race and revenge with The Messiah, and that's unfortunate for all of us.
This is a blatant misquote and completely taken out of context.

Have a look at what Obama actually said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LucTPdK8VTc

He actually gets asked about the 'role of race in this incident', and answers that he has no idea if race played a role at all in this incident. That can hardly be called 'playing the race card', huh?

The only thing he actually calls 'stupid' here is arresting someone for burglary or disorderly conduct, when confronted with direct proof that he's actually in his own house. Heh.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Led Guardian

#53 Post by Led Guardian » 24 Jul 2009 18:36

How else can a conservative argue other than with misquotes? After all, they've got the master spinmeisters like Karl Rove, Rush Limbaugh, and Dick Cheney.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

West Virginia Mule

#54 Post by West Virginia Mule » 25 Jul 2009 01:47

Joost, I've just watched an hour of FOX news that contradicts everything you said about the Cambridge fiasco. Of course, it's FOX. They’re probably lying.

You see, even dear Tom cannot understand how a white man can have an aversion to the Obama without calling him—the white man—a racist, even in a roundabout way. It's because he's "dark skinned" then, is it? Why even mention skin color, Tom? Because that's always the place you need to go for the easy win. Do you think, Tom, I care what color my president is? I don't even care if he was born in Kenya if he's a good president. But if a white man criticizes Obama, why, that white man is a racist. It's an all-purpose sword and shield. I have to love Obama, feel shame for 230+ years of American history, smile and clap as he destroys my life and my country because to do otherwise is to be a racist. They want to scare us into being afraid to speak.

Dark Skinned. Oooh, Tom paints me as elegantly as idiot Britton does. As if you don't know better. Personally, I think it's one of the great tragedies in America’s (future) history that our first black president, a man with an enormous amount of intelligence and charisma, has decided to use his position to try and burn us to the ground. He can inspire and has the ability to move mountains. Instead, he just wants revenge. It’s heartbreaking.

Also, it's funny how people here seem to assume I loved George W. Bush because I now despise The Devil Incarnate who’s in office. When have I ever in a hundred years on this forum typed a nice word about George W. Bush? Once or twice...maybe? I'm not a Republican. I’m embarrassed to look back on it now, but I voted for John Kerry. Also, I spoke out repeatedly on this forum and on the NPS forum about my misgivings concerning how The Patriot Act was infringing on personal freedoms. But I don't expect anyone to remember that. It's a what-have-you-typed-lately forum, like everything else. You don’t account for change, for arcs of personality. How can you? If this is what I am now than this is what I've always been. Has to be. Cannot be any other way. If I now hate Obama, I must have loved Bush. Sure. Oh, and I'm a racist, too.

Anyway, I've wised up. Paying a little attention when I have time. Would pay more attention if I had more time. Getting involved with local tea parties. Finding places for my words where I don’t sleep with the enemy as I’m doing on this forum, and have been doing for many years.

Also, hoping I don't need surgery as I get older and Barry tells me to just take a pain pill and get out of the way. Logan’s Run used to be science fiction.

Oh, and Barry said oops, I fucked up today about the Cambridge thing. His racism ran away with him. It’s okay. I mean, he can’t go the church of I Hate Whitey for twenty years and not learn anything.
KILROY WAS HERE

Skyclad

#55 Post by Skyclad » 25 Jul 2009 04:48

West Virginia Mule wrote:
Oh, and Barry said oops, I fucked up today about the Cambridge thing. His racism ran away with him. It’s okay. I mean, he can’t go the church of I Hate Whitey for twenty years and not learn anything.
Is this the same type of racism from people on the right who believed Obama was a muslim and would be sworn in via the Koran?
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

t.a.j.

#56 Post by t.a.j. » 25 Jul 2009 10:20

Still, you don't argue. You just complain about being called racists, which I didn't - but you brought up the fact that there is some race matter here. Maybe that's a US thing, this whole race talk, while most people in Europe - at least in the circles I frequent - would not even want use that word, to describe people. It just seemed to be important to your feelings somehow.

And it's not like the only thing I said was "You just hate the nigger" "in a roundabout way". You have political reasons? Fine, I thought so, you mentioned some of them. You complain about liberties being taken away, I pointed out that eight years of Bush took away so many liberties that Obama hardly has any left to take away. You complain about bad economics, I pointed out that Bush produced the biggest deficit in the shortest time. And all he bought for it in the end was a few billions for the elite and thousands of corpses for the little people.

You don't care about the dark skin? Fine, let's not talk about it. I'm sorry I mentioned it. And as far as your comments on Bush went, they were mostly along the lines of writing depressing and melancholy texts on how bad the world is. Now you come across hateful and aggressive, like your constantly thinking about going to D.C. and shooting at the pres-man.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Joost

#57 Post by Joost » 25 Jul 2009 12:05

West Virginia Mule wrote:Joost, I've just watched an hour of FOX news that contradicts everything you said about the Cambridge fiasco. Of course, it's FOX. They’re probably lying.
'Everything I said about'? I just linked to the video with the actual speech and paraphrased some of the things he said there. There's hardly any personal opinion involved in that.

If FOX contradicts that then, yes, it seems FOX is contradicting reality. Call it lying if you will.

Just wondering, have you read my replies to your questions about euthanasia in the Netherlands and the health care system here?
You see, even dear Tom cannot understand how a white man can have an aversion to the Obama without calling him—the white man—a racist, even in a roundabout way. It's because he's "dark skinned" then, is it? Why even mention skin color, Tom?
I didn't call anyone a racist. Where did I call anyone a racist? I just said that in this particular speech, Obama was not actually playing the race card.
Also, it's funny how people here seem to assume I loved George W. Bush because I now despise The Devil Incarnate who’s in office. When have I ever in a hundred years on this forum typed a nice word about George W. Bush? Once or twice...maybe? I'm not a Republican. I’m embarrassed to look back on it now, but I voted for John Kerry. Also, I spoke out repeatedly on this forum and on the NPS forum about my misgivings concerning how The Patriot Act was infringing on personal freedoms. But I don't expect anyone to remember that. It's a what-have-you-typed-lately forum, like everything else. You don’t account for change, for arcs of personality. How can you? If this is what I am now than this is what I've always been. Has to be. Cannot be any other way. If I now hate Obama, I must have loved Bush. Sure. Oh, and I'm a racist, too.
Nobody here assumes that. We just like to point out that Bush did far more to destroy America and its freedoms than Obama will ever be capable of doing. Gee, if I tell you, you can have a choice between:

a) A policy that allows goverment surveillance in just about any situation where someone might be suspicious, including getting into your home, monitoring your phone conversations and Internet behaviour, and put you into a prison without even a clear accusation or even the prospect of a trial. All of this is paid for by extra government that you might to have to pay some extra taxes for (or that will be taken away from governmnt spending on other areas, such as health care for poor people).

b) A policy that allows poor people to receive health care, by some extra government money that you might to have pay extra taxes for (or that will be taken away from government spending on other areas, such as government surveillance of American citizens).

Are you seriously believing b) is more damaging to freedom and to what America is about, than a)? Seriously?
-- Martin Walkyier

Led Guardian

#58 Post by Led Guardian » 26 Jul 2009 04:18

Yep, Obama's destroying the economy. That's why the Dow is now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

West Virginia Mule

#59 Post by West Virginia Mule » 27 Jul 2009 02:33

Come on! Come on! I can take you all with one hand tied behind my back! :lol:

Or not. You have no idea how tired I am. Jeesh.
Skyclad wrote: Is this the same type of racism from people on the right who believed Obama was a muslim and would be sworn in via the Koran?
What? He didn't really did that? Heh.
TFC wrote: And as far as your comments on Bush went, they were mostly along the lines of writing depressing and melancholy texts on how bad the world is.
If you’re trying to neutralize eight years of creative writing by me on this and the NPS forum by attempting to somehow link my personal texts with something political, it’s entirely incorrect and more than a little hurtful. But people from NPS have the ability to hurt me, don’t they, so why not use it? None of the "melancholy" texts had anything to do with Bush. They only had to do with me. When I wrote about Bush, I said Bush. When people assumed sarcasm, there was little. I would thank you not to employ the Joost tactic of using the vulnerable emotions I wrote with at NPS against me here. But then, go ahead, right? Evil knows no rules, and you are one evil dude.
Joost wrote:'Everything I said about'? I just linked to the video with the actual speech and paraphrased some of the things he said there. There's hardly any personal opinion involved in that.
Nothing to do with this topic, but I never click on any YouTube or Wiki links on the forum. No time for that shit. If it's not authored or quoted in-topic, I move on.

As I understand the Cambridge thing, white cop Crowley (backed by hispanic cop and black cop) responds to a breaking-and-entering call. Black Harvard Prof Gates answers the door and says no, I live here. Shows ID that does not contain the actual address, then begins berating Crowley, verbally abusing him, even making comments about his mother (yo mamma, really, from a Harvard professor?), then refuses to show another form of ID. All of this on the front porch. Crowley arrests Gates. Obama hears about it and goes batshit, saying the police acted stupidly, were a bunch of big mean poopy heads, goes into the whole racial profiling thing, later admitting that he spoke then without knowing all the facts of the case. I saw four dudes and one dudette on FOX debating this case again tonight, and this is how they described the events taking place, albeit with more detail and opinion. And without the poopy heads.
Joost wrote:Just wondering, have you read my replies to your questions about euthanasia in the Netherlands and the health care system here?
Err...uh...which topic was that one in again? Was that the one where you said that Americans should all be flying to France for healthcare yet, for some reason, we don’t? Sorry, Joost. I picked a bad time to try and play world war with you people. I ain’t got time for shit. I’m trying to get in at least one post a day here, but I can’t go back and read too much. And I definitely can’t think too much about anything. Heh.
Joost wrote:I didn't call anyone a racist. Where did I call anyone a racist? I just said that in this particular speech, Obama was not actually playing the race card.
Unless your name is also Tom, Tommy or Thomas, that comment wasn't in reply to you, Joostie.
Joost wrote:We just like to point out that Bush did far more to destroy America and its freedoms than Obama will ever be capable of doing.
What Obama is trying to do with his massive power-grab is utterly annihilate the United States of America as it is, as it has always been. Kill it and have it reborn as something else, something far different. What Bush did was protect this country to the best of his abilities in a post-9/11 world. And while some of his policies seemed ominous to me at the time, looking back, I see a man of limited ability and with sometimes poor advisors doing his best to do what he thought was right. At the time, I admit I thought he was a madman and even delusional. I even wrote those words on this forum. I don't see it that way anymore. He made some bad decisions in difficult situations, handled allies with all the delicacy of a Sumo wrestler and was a poor public speaker, but we were never attacked again during his time in office. I don’t think W was smart enough to be more than he was, a president of limited abilities doing what he felt was right for the country and people, yet drowning in situations far over his head. Obama, conversely, has the acumen and magnetism to truly enact his will upon us.
Joost wrote: Are you seriously believing b) is more damaging to freedom and to what America is about, than a)? Seriously?
ObamaCare, as I've typed before, is the gateway to controlling every aspect of our lives. He'll decide how we live our lives, down to the smallest detail, under the guise of how our lifestyles affect the government’s healthcare budget. Force us to live how he sees fit. He'll even decide when we get healthcare and when we won’t, how long we'll wait, or if we even deserve it. He’ll sit there on his throne, giving the thumbs up or thumbs down on each of our lives.

With his energy bill, he'll control more. With his ownership of car companies, he controls more. Running the banks and credit card companies, more control. What’s next?

Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have...The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases. --TJ

Sure, the Patriot Act did not make me happy. In fact, it initially made me furious. I still think aspects of it were knee-jerk reactions to 9/11, but I've come to the realization that some things might have forever been altered in the wake of it. Bush was doing his best, overreacting in so doing, yet we ended up being protected. The question I asked then was is it worth it to sacrifice freedom for security? Or even worse, for a false sense of security? But we were secure, and I don’t remember many cases of the Patriot Act infringing on personal freedoms, so maybe I was wrong. All Bush wanted to do was protect his people and his land, whereas what Obama apparently wants is to remake the United States from the ground up as something far different. Which is why we're here writing this, isn’t it? The world out there sees this man as the one who brings us down to our knees and makes us ordinary, destroys our uniqueness and greatness, puts the chains on people like me and gives our country away to vandals and thieves. Or, you know, something like that. I think I got lost in that last sentence, but I'm too tired to rewrite it.

See ya in a few.
KILROY WAS HERE

Joost

#60 Post by Joost » 27 Jul 2009 02:42

Err...uh...which topic was that one in again? Was that the one where you said that Americans should all be flying to France for healthcare yet, for some reason, we don’t? Sorry, Joost. I picked a bad time to try and play world war with you people. I ain’t got time for shit. I’m trying to get in at least one post a day here, but I can’t go back and read too much. And I definitely can’t think too much about anything. Heh.
It might be a good start, to stop using your time on this forum carefully explaining what you already explained before, and actually start reading what other people reply to you.

That's how discussions become possible, you know?

And if you don't have time to think, then why are you still writing political manifestos? Those are things that require thought, you know?
-- Martin Walkyier

Joost

#61 Post by Joost » 27 Jul 2009 02:46

As I understand the Cambridge thing, white cop Crowley (backed by hispanic cop and black cop) responds to a breaking-and-entering call. Black Harvard Prof Gates answers the door and says no, I live here. Shows ID that does not contain the actual address, then begins berating Crowley, verbally abusing him, even making comments about his mother (yo mamma, really, from a Harvard professor?), then refuses to show another form of ID. All of this on the front porch. Crowley arrests Gates. Obama hears about it and goes batshit, saying the police acted stupidly, were a bunch of big mean poopy heads, goes into the whole racial profiling thing, later admitting that he spoke then without knowing all the facts of the case. I saw four dudes and one dudette on FOX debating this case again tonight, and this is how they described the events taking place, albeit with more detail and opinion. And without the poopy heads.
Well, this particular Youtube video contained exactly Obama's reaction to the whole thing. It's been recorded by cameras, and televised, you know? And no, he didn't go batshit. Someone asks him if he thinks race played a role, and he answers "well, I'm not sure". Just watch the goddamn thing if you want to know what happened.

Here, once again, is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LucTPdK8VTc

I would really be grateful towards you if you actually watched this link, instead of again regurgitating what is being said in such-and-such debate on FOX, because the information in here is goddamn relevant. So would you please take 3:41 minutes from your life (3:41 minutes you would otherwise be spending on repeating things you said before) and actually watch this video? Okay?

This will give you a lot more detail about what in fact happened than any debate about what happened on FOX will give you.

Or are you really living in a world where secondary sources are more reliable than primary sources?
-- Martin Walkyier

Joost

#62 Post by Joost » 27 Jul 2009 03:03

I would thank you not to employ the Joost tactic of using the vulnerable emotions I wrote with at NPS against me here.
Fine. I'm out of this topic. And until I've encountered an apology for your blatant misinterpretation (be it accidental or intentional) of my intentions behind what actually was a one time incident, you won't see me discussing against you again. Congrats, you did it.
-- Martin Walkyier

Skyclad

#63 Post by Skyclad » 28 Jul 2009 15:14

Looks like that just like Ted Nugent and Dennis Miller, Jackson fell for Bush's fear tactics after 9/11. 9/11 was a bad thing, don't get me wrong. 3,000 people died. But you know what? Since then over a quarter of a million people have dided in the U.S. due to automobile accidents, and about that same number were murdered. Now how Bush could get so many Americans like Jackson to fear dying from the hands of terrorists is beyond me. You and your family are FAR FAR more likely to die by being murdered or in a car accident than by being blown up by a terrorist. Where should your actual fear of dying lie? Well, you shouldn't have a fear at all but if you do it sure as hell shouldn't lie in the realm of terrorism.

ThePKH

#64 Post by ThePKH » 28 Jul 2009 20:57

WTF is wrong with some people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1nmn2zRMc (we need a facepalm-smiley, I'd put one here)
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Led Guardian

#65 Post by Led Guardian » 28 Jul 2009 21:27

ThePKH wrote:WTF is wrong with some people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1nmn2zRMc (we need a facepalm-smiley, I'd put one here)
Watch from about 1:20.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episod ... vin-nealon

Joost

#66 Post by Joost » 28 Jul 2009 22:24

Heh, the woman who's a dentist, an attorney and a real estate agent has the first name ORLY.

But hah! We now know! It's the old KENYAN PRINCE BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT SCAM!
-- Martin Walkyier

blind-man

#67 Post by blind-man » 29 Jul 2009 15:48

ThePKH wrote:WTF is wrong with some people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1nmn2zRMc (we need a facepalm-smiley, I'd put one here)
I think she just needs to get laid.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

Raistlin Majere

#68 Post by Raistlin Majere » 30 Jul 2009 13:21

Watching what West Virginia Mule says, I think that after so many years of Bush presidency some americans have been brainwashed (yeah yeah, I know you don't like Bush...)!
I think that Obama has done already a lot for america in contrast with your previous presidents - starting from the face of your country to the other countries (do you know what was the opinion of most of other countries about america and americans?), continuing to the assistance of the poor people in your country (maybe it was easier to see them dying in the street than paying a little more taxes...).
I don't expect you neither to see nor listen, because you are prejudiced against obama, so nomatter what he does/says, you will just look for the action/word to blame him for "destroying" america.

------------------
Walls have ears, and ears have walls

West Virginia Mule

#69 Post by West Virginia Mule » 30 Jul 2009 15:19

Raistlin Majere wrote:I think that Obama has done already a lot for america in contrast with your previous presidents
You do, huh? What is it, for example, that you think he's done for me and middle America that previous presidents have not? Other than, you know, attempt to implement polices that will greatly diminish if not destroy our lives?

Raistlin Majere wrote:do you know what was the opinion of most of other countries about america and americans?
Someone on this forum might have mentioned it over the past eight years. It really concerns me. Yawn.

Raistlin Majere wrote:maybe it was easier to see [the poor] dying in the street than paying a little more taxes...
There’s a fundamental difference of philosophy here where you believe that the people who refuse to work should be taken care of by those who do, that people who achieve and earn a living have a responsibility to share their earnings with the neighbors who’d rather sit on the porch all day and listen to the radio instead of working. You feel that people should not be self-sufficient but should rely on the government to provide for all their needs, that a great leveling of society is necessary wherein a massive grader is scraped across the country and the jagged line of all people is made even, eradicate the spirit of individualism and personal achievement.

You want me to pay “a little more” taxes than I’m already paying for the…uhm…poor, is it? So they don’t die in my street, forcing me to risk life and limb to step over their grubby corpses on my way to work every day. Okay. Then I’ll need to pay some more for ObamaCare, too. And…oh, let’s not forget the Cap-and-Trade bill which, in addition to eliminating my job, will also increase the cost of living for every American family up to $3000 a year. Ahh, but we also gotta tax sugary drinks and—wait for it—foods that make you fat. Well, duh—all food make you fat! The only way to avoid fat is to avoid food all together. But I’m digressing. You feel it’s my responsibility as a lower middle class American to pay more taxes to take care of everyone else. Can I share something with you? Huh? Okay, thanks. I’m already being taxed to the hilt as it is! Yeah, that’s right. How much more blood can I give? For example, my last check was roughly $3600 gross and $2200 net (for two weeks). I paid $1200 in federal tax out of that, in two weeks. I’m already paying through the nose for all the welfare mothers and crack babies I can. Do you know how many hours I work just for them, or for whatever Grandpa Bush and Uncle Obama want(ed) to use my labor for? I think, if I’m working 60-84 hour weeks, the rest is mine.

There was a time in my life where, by devastatingly bad decisions, unfortunate circumstances, character flaws and squandered opportunities, I was as poor as anyone. In 1992, I was this close to living in an old Trans Am. Jeez, that sounds like a joke, doesn’t it? But it didn’t happen. It took a while, but I rebounded, pulled myself up out of the shit I’d been mired in, and I’d like to think the arc is still ascending. No one helped me. The fucking government and the fucking neighbors and the fucking people with jobs were taking care of business, not taking care of me. I followed their example and took care of myself. I have no sympathy and no mercy for those who have the ability but refuse to take care of themselves. Me work harder and longer so they can stay home all day smoking crack and watch The Price Is Right? Or wander around some city streets, looking for handouts? We’ll go to the mat on that one. If there’s nothing wrong with you, get a fucking job. If there is something wrong that prevents you from working, then yes, it is our responsibility as a society to provide for you. And that’s that.

Raistlin Majere wrote:you are prejudiced against obama, so nomatter what he does/says, you will just look for the action/word to blame him for "destroying" america.
It is entirely false to say that I'm somehow blindly "prejudiced" against Obama, that I will no matter what look to criticize his policies, words and actions. I would love to love him, love to love any president of the United States. Have I not said earlier in this topic how heartbreaking it is to see this man of such paramount potential grinding an axe of hatred into own country, trying to raze what it is, remake it with his own controlling vision, push the concept on us and the world that our history is a shameful thing? It is true that there is little he’s done or attempted to do thus far that has not terrified and enraged me, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t hope for that to change. I’m not Rush Limbaugh, although right now the voice of Rush has become a light in the dark for people who are scared and angry that their country is about to be taken away from them.

Even people like me, people who’ve just awakened from a long winter’s nap.

Believe me when I say that many of the people I’m necessarily forced to be associated with by so aligning myself are indeed concerned about the president’s race, but I am not. I’m concerned about the policies, the quasi-socialist policies, the taxes, the debt, the government control, the relaxing of national security, our continued freedom, the smearing of our history from the oval office…I mean, everything, everything but Obama’s race. It’s a fine line, and White Supremacist groups are using the time of fear and fury to their benefit, toning down the blatant hate messages and swelling the ranks. It’s sickening to try to be a part of something you believe in only to realize those around you are only there because they hate the black man. Which isn’t to say that race is not an enormous issue, and not a motivating factor to Obama in his war on the United States and his quest for revenge for 233 years of shameful white history. But that’s Obama’s racism, not mine.

And as always, thanks to you and everyone for your interest in my country.
KILROY WAS HERE

ThePKH

#70 Post by ThePKH » 30 Jul 2009 15:56

Personally, I much more prefer the system where the high taxes provide welfare for the hungry than a system that is good only for the moneyhungry. The whole "they just suck on the nipple of the state than work for themselves" -thingie is exaggerated anyway. A vast majority of the unemployed people, I'd say 99% of them actually do want to manage on their own. In some situations it's just not possible, due to unemployment, social problems, health etc. The social security network is there to get them through the bad times of their lives, providing some sense of stability. Making the climb from the bottom a tiny bit easier.

Joost

#71 Post by Joost » 30 Jul 2009 16:31

www.barackobama.com wrote:Barack Obama’s tax plan delivers broad-based tax relief to middle class families and cuts taxes for small businesses and companies that create jobs in America, while restoring fairness to our tax code and returning to fiscal responsibility. Coupled with Obama’s commitment to invest in key areas like health, clean energy, innovation and education, his tax plan will help restore bottom-up economic growth that helps create good jobs in America and empowers all families achieve the American dream.

Obama’s Comprehensive Tax Policy Plan for America will:
- Cut taxes for 95 percent of workers and their families with a tax cut of $500 for workers or $1,000 for working couples.
- Provide generous tax cuts for low- and middle-income seniors, homeowners, the uninsured, and families sending a child to college or looking to save and accumulate wealth.
- Eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses, cut corporate taxes for firms that invest and create jobs in the United States, and provide tax credits to reduce the cost of healthcare and to reward investments in innovation.
- Dramatically simplify taxes by consolidating existing tax credits, eliminating the need for millions of senior citizens to file tax forms, and enabling as many as 40 million middle-class Americans to do their own taxes in less than five minutes without an accountant.

Under the Obama Plan:
- Middle class families will see their taxes cut – and no family making less than $250,000 will see their taxes increase. The typical middle class family will receive well over $1,000 in tax relief under the Obama plan, and will pay tax rates that are 20% lower than they faced under President Reagan. According to the Tax Policy Center, the Obama plan provides three times as much tax relief for middle class families as the McCain plan.
- Families making more than $250,000 will pay either the same or lower tax rates than they paid in the 1990s. Obama will ask the wealthiest 2% of families to give back a portion of the tax cuts they have received over the past eight years to ensure we are restoring fairness and returning to fiscal responsibility. But no family will pay higher tax rates than they would have paid in the 1990s. In fact, dividend rates would be 39 percent lower than what President Bush proposed in his 2001 tax cut.
- Obama’s plan will cut taxes overall, reducing revenues to below the levels that prevailed under Ronald Reagan (less than 18.2 percent of GDP). The Obama tax plan is a net tax cut – his tax relief for middle class families is larger than the revenue raised by his tax changes for families over $250,000. Coupled with his commitment to cut unnecessary spending, Obama will pay for this tax relief while bringing down the budget deficit.

Impact of the Obama Tax Plan

WHO - TAX CUT

Married Couple Making $75,000 with two children, one of whom is in college: 3,700 [includes $1,000 Making Work Pay; $500 universal mortgage credit; and $4,000 college credit net of current college credits]
Married Couple making $90,000: $1,000
Single Parent making $40,000 with two young children and childcare expenses: $2,100 [includes $500 making work pay; $500 universal mortgage credit, and $1,100 from Obama expansion of the child care tax credit]
70-Year Old Widow Making $35,000: $1,900

Hmm... If you make more than $250000 a year, would you really call yourself 'lower middle class'? If not, are you sure you will be worse off under Obama's changes? Have you been calculating the effects of the proposed changes in taxes on you personally? Or have you just been listening to the fearmongering of whichever television channel you are watching?
-- Martin Walkyier

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#72 Post by Metal Fan » 30 Jul 2009 18:48

Joost wrote:
www.barackobama.com wrote: - Provide generous tax cuts for low- and middle-income seniors, homeowners, the uninsured, and families sending a child to college or looking to save and accumulate wealth.

In other words everyone in the US :? I WANT A RAISE IN ALLOWANCE!!!
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Raistlin Majere

#73 Post by Raistlin Majere » 31 Jul 2009 08:26

The system that Obama wants, is not only for the unemployed (lazy people), it is also for the people with very small salaries. As far as I know (correct me if I am wrong, I am not from the US) employers are not obliged to insure their workers. You don't expect a person with a very small salary to pay his own insurance, as he will just be working for the insurance company and no money will be left for his family. In addition, the workers are also not obliged to insure themselves. When that person is sick or has an accident, he won't be able to work, not because of laziness, but just because he cannot pay the hospital to get well...
Your current system just not works. So, if the change that Obama does is not the solution, he will continue to another change, and so on. At least, he's not just looking at the situation, he tries to find the solution to improve the insurance system. If that means more taxes for the rich people, let it be...

t.a.j.

#74 Post by t.a.j. » 31 Jul 2009 10:11

Unemployed =/= Lazy.

Almost everyone will be happier and would like to do something meaningful with their lives. It's a sick and evil mindset that attributes success and failure to only the individual, ignoring completely the context and the many other causes for someone's success or failure. A bit of an evolutionary perspective will do them well. The organism has to fit the selection criteria determined by it's environment. And "working hard" might not be among those, while "being born to rich parents" might be.

Furthermore, there is another aspect that makes this insane cult of the individual very questionable. We live in a highly interconnected and interdependent world. Our very ways of life depend in ways that we usually cannot fathom on legions of people, that we don't even know and will in all likelihood never even hear about. Those lines of dependence reach across the globe and back through time. But to make two very simple examples:

(1) Consider getting a certain Job. There are 10 people applying for it. You get the job. Now, the cult of the individual would tell you that you were the best and won and that therefore you deserve anything nice the job will allow you to have. But were not among the reasons for you getting the job that none of the other nine got it? Was not your success dependent on their failure. Put differently: Had one of them gotten the job, you would have not gotten it. Now, I'm not going to go very deep into how managers de facto decide whom to give a job - that would be another way to show how "being the best" has probably very little to do with it. Environmental and temporal factors play a huge part. Did you just learn that you wife is fucking your best friend? Did the train you took to the interview have an accident? Did you happen to have the smaller set of boobs? It goes on...
But the point here is that your success does not depend on your actions alone, but on those you compete with as well. The best view is a holistic one.

(2) Consider your superior manager and the shareholders of your company. Their success and failure depends on your actions. Sure, they make choices - who to hire, who to let do what job, which company to invest in.... - but none of that changes much, because even if they had chosen differently, there would be another worker in another company that they would depend on. However you twist and turn it, you cannot outrun your interdependency. And it goes the other way, too. If the shareholders fuck up, that can cost you your job or your lifelihood and maybe what's "fucking up" from your perspective is "succeeding" from their perspective by making them lots of money.

We pray on each other, we praise and condemn each other always looking only at the individual and never at the context. We close our eyes to the big picture because the tiny picture is so much easier. And it keeps us going, keeps us working, keeps us believing in the success we'll never have, keeps us feeling good about ourselves if we succeed, because that was our doing, our effort - and nothing else - after all. And when we fail, we might resign to it, understand that we - the individual, whose fault it was - are just not good enough.
The cult of the individual thrives on ritual blaming.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Led Guardian

#75 Post by Led Guardian » 31 Jul 2009 17:25

t.a.j. wrote:Unemployed =/= Lazy.

Almost everyone will be happier and would like to do something meaningful with their lives. It's a sick and evil mindset that attributes success and failure to only the individual, ignoring completely the context and the many other causes for someone's success or failure. A bit of an evolutionary perspective will do them well. The organism has to fit the selection criteria determined by it's environment. And "working hard" might not be among those, while "being born to rich parents" might be.

Furthermore, there is another aspect that makes this insane cult of the individual very questionable. We live in a highly interconnected and interdependent world. Our very ways of life depend in ways that we usually cannot fathom on legions of people, that we don't even know and will in all likelihood never even hear about. Those lines of dependence reach across the globe and back through time. But to make two very simple examples:

(1) Consider getting a certain Job. There are 10 people applying for it. You get the job. Now, the cult of the individual would tell you that you were the best and won and that therefore you deserve anything nice the job will allow you to have. But were not among the reasons for you getting the job that none of the other nine got it? Was not your success dependent on their failure. Put differently: Had one of them gotten the job, you would have not gotten it. Now, I'm not going to go very deep into how managers de facto decide whom to give a job - that would be another way to show how "being the best" has probably very little to do with it. Environmental and temporal factors play a huge part. Did you just learn that you wife is fucking your best friend? Did the train you took to the interview have an accident? Did you happen to have the smaller set of boobs? It goes on...
But the point here is that your success does not depend on your actions alone, but on those you compete with as well. The best view is a holistic one.

(2) Consider your superior manager and the shareholders of your company. Their success and failure depends on your actions. Sure, they make choices - who to hire, who to let do what job, which company to invest in.... - but none of that changes much, because even if they had chosen differently, there would be another worker in another company that they would depend on. However you twist and turn it, you cannot outrun your interdependency. And it goes the other way, too. If the shareholders fuck up, that can cost you your job or your lifelihood and maybe what's "fucking up" from your perspective is "succeeding" from their perspective by making them lots of money.

We pray on each other, we praise and condemn each other always looking only at the individual and never at the context. We close our eyes to the big picture because the tiny picture is so much easier. And it keeps us going, keeps us working, keeps us believing in the success we'll never have, keeps us feeling good about ourselves if we succeed, because that was our doing, our effort - and nothing else - after all. And when we fail, we might resign to it, understand that we - the individual, whose fault it was - are just not good enough.
The cult of the individual thrives on ritual blaming.
*applauds reason and rational thought*

West Virginia Mule

#76 Post by West Virginia Mule » 09 Aug 2009 00:14

Applauds idiocy.
KILROY WAS HERE

Palantyre

#77 Post by Palantyre » 09 Aug 2009 01:40

And oh, does he ever.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

West Virginia Mule

#78 Post by West Virginia Mule » 10 Aug 2009 02:44

Oh, stop it. Heh.
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#79 Post by West Virginia Mule » 21 Sep 2009 02:39

Barack Hussein Obama will be in Pittsburgh soon. That's us, city of the future. Heh. Well...yeah, I don't actually live in Pittsburgh, but...close by...close enough to spit at it... :lol:
KILROY WAS HERE

Sleeping Dragon

#80 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 21 Sep 2009 07:56

i hope you don't have a library card...
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

ThePKH

#81 Post by ThePKH » 21 Sep 2009 14:09

Sleeping Dragon wrote:i hope you don't have a library card...
:D You never know.. "Barack Obama shot in Pittsburgh, a baldy man with a riffle seen nearby".

West Virginia Mule

#82 Post by West Virginia Mule » 21 Sep 2009 20:07

I AM A LOYAL DEMOCRAT AND FULLY SUPPORT PRESIDENT OBAMA ON EVERY ISSUE.*

Besides, I would never shoot at our president. Sheesh. I don't have time for that. The line's too long.

However, if Waxman-Markey passes the Senate and everyone in the Ohio Valley is out of work, there'll be lots of "baldy men with rifles" with nothing left to lose.

But not me, of course. I wouldn't harm a fly on a hare's head. I have other things going on. You know how it is. White jackets. Padded rooms. Happy pills. What a life it's turned out to be.

* = statement for the benefit of Obama's secret internet police
KILROY WAS HERE

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#83 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 21 Sep 2009 20:09

argh,small text at the end of a post!i hate when people do that! :evil:
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

West Virginia Mule

#84 Post by West Virginia Mule » 21 Sep 2009 20:11

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:argh,small text at the end of a post!i hate when people do that! :evil:
I'm tricky like that. I'm full of tricks like that. I've got a bag of them, a bag of tricks. Like that. Just like that. Small text. Poof. Baffled by the mastered trickery of a master trickster.
KILROY WAS HERE

Skyclad

#85 Post by Skyclad » 22 Sep 2009 03:28

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote:argh,small text at the end of a post!i hate when people do that! :evil:

Just hit the "quote" button and you can see that small tect in all it's regular-sized glory.

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#86 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 22 Sep 2009 03:52

touche Mr.

West Virginia Mule

#87 Post by West Virginia Mule » 23 Sep 2009 20:27

My mother.

My mother, 62 years old.

My mother, who's lived in Pittsburgh for the last 15 years or whatever, works as a nurse at UPMC, and thinks she's in the cradle of civilization.

My mother, who thinks she's an elite human and everyone else are pissants.

My mother, either drunk or on her drugs or both, raving on and on to me on her cell phone about how wonderful it having "Barack and Michelle" in town, how wonderful it is for her city, how incredible it is up there right now with all the security locking down her city. What an amazing life experience. A defining moment.

My mother, telling me my children need to be there to witness this historic event.

My mother and my uncle, telling me that anyone who protests against Obama should lined up in the street in shot.

Telling me that anyone who protests against Obama should lined up in the street in shot.

Anyone who protests against Obama should lined up in the street in shot.

Two weeks until my first psychiatrist visit. I hope I last that long.
KILROY WAS HERE

ThePKH

#88 Post by ThePKH » 24 Sep 2009 09:40

You should always listen to your mother! My mother told me this when I was very young. I see no reason for doubt.

Hansi Smurf

Obama and the Pretend Authorities

#89 Post by Hansi Smurf » 25 Sep 2009 00:49

The United States and Barack Obama are both Created and post-industrialized.

Why then, during the illuminated global recession, did Obama not place anyone newly out of work on equal-to-usual-entitlements welfare, no questons asked?

Why do the rest of you ignore my orders and continue working, schooling and punishing?
All of you keep pretending to practice God's Kung-fu, and use it to biofeedback "be killed" to all of my psychic death-threats, but it is you who are criminally guilty of working and schooling and punishing, ways of life that under the Laws of Creator degenerate you from Men and Women into competing predator carnivores, unentitled to Law or Law Enforcement! Competing for money and entitlements is not different than just shooting people in the face, it's still a battle to the death over food, water and life itself! Hence, not moral to anyone unironically named Creator.

The United States is guilty of bean-counting with an exploited mass of men and women working, when of course the entire United States cash-accounting economy could have easily been computerized and automatic in 1985, requiring a mere skeleton crew. Millions of out-of-work civil servants fucking around is a way more pleasurable United States than today's blatantly evil predator band of criminal socio-paths who will not self-govern, self-entitle or clean-up after themselves.

Disestablish work, school and punishment and entitle the world to anarchy, Barack Hussien Obama, no one is stupid enuff to not understand the authority of this message!

ps.
Say it to yourselves outloud right now, women too:

"There is a Man named Creator. All Men are Created Equal. I am a Created Man."

If you won't say that outloud and mean it, say goodbye to police protection and the right to eat, drink and make love! You know this to be true. I expect immediate global change! Get cracking, eggheads!

West Virginia Mule

#90 Post by West Virginia Mule » 25 Sep 2009 12:15

ThePKH wrote:You should always listen to your mother!
The world will be a better place when she's dead. Goodbye to you, yellow brick road.
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#91 Post by West Virginia Mule » 25 Sep 2009 12:17

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Funny stuff they teach in elementary school these days. Operation Mindcrime.
KILROY WAS HERE

Raistlin Majere

#92 Post by Raistlin Majere » 25 Sep 2009 13:36

Have you seen the meeting between Obama-Chavez, Obama-Medvedev? :lol:
http://www.newser.com/story/70241/chave ... ulfur.html
http://en.rian.ru/world/20090925/156250589.html

How about that? It seems that president Obama is going to work with the enemies.... USA is doooomed! :twisted:

West Virginia Mule

#93 Post by West Virginia Mule » 25 Sep 2009 20:27

Yes, I know.

Obama hates America as much as America's worst enemies do.

He has relinquished our superpower status. He is incompetent as the commander-in-chief. He is weakening the national defense. He is wrecking the economy. He is seizing control of the private sector. He is eliminating personal freedom. He is lowering the standard of living. He is willing to devastate millions of middle-class American lives in the name of fanatical environmentalism with only token benefits. He is attempting to brainwash children. He is promoting racism rather than healing it. He lies. He is shamed by our nation's past. He doesn't believe in the principles that have always made the United States exceptional. He embraces and shares an ideology with the most vile and subhuman leaders of the world. He is deconstructing the United States of America.

Yes, I know.

And if I never find a way out of my dark corridors, if I remain forever locked in the madness of circular thinking, if I am never able to see beyond this artificial horizon, if the secrets to the meaning of existence and the pathways to happiness remain forever obscured to me—I will still fight him to the end. I will fight him until my blood pools in the street, until my mind and heart burst with the magnitude of the effort of something so large and so far beyond anything I could’ve ever hoped to have been overwhelms me.

Soon, I will have nothing left to lose.
KILROY WAS HERE

ThePKH

#94 Post by ThePKH » 29 Sep 2009 20:16

West Virginia Mule wrote:Soon, I will have nothing left to lose.
Aww.. But you'll have the soci... communist state giving you golden buckets full of money. That's a good thing, eh? All the money you can dream of and never to work again! Join us... Join us...

Raistlin Majere

#95 Post by Raistlin Majere » 01 Oct 2009 13:10

Soon, I will have nothing left to lose.
Poor guy! You must have lost many things already.... :cry:
He is shamed by our nation's past.
That is what I call knowing yourself! :lol:
He doesn't believe in the principles that have always made the United States exceptional
Exceptional in what way?? Attacking other nations to take their wealth and make you rich? What principles...indeed! :shock:
He is eliminating personal freedom
In what way? That's something new... I would like to know how he does that.

West Virginia Mule

#96 Post by West Virginia Mule » 04 Oct 2009 03:16

You can take your change on down the road...'cause that ain't my America. --Lynyrd Skynyrd 2009 8)
KILROY WAS HERE

Bender B. Rodriguez

#97 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 04 Oct 2009 03:59

hehe,hicks

West Virginia Mule

#98 Post by West Virginia Mule » 04 Oct 2009 10:23

The people of the world hate this country more than they love The Messiah, and they love him less and less. Since the ascension, he's been going around the world saying our country sucks the big ass. Then, yeah, we suck the big ass, but...uhm...since The Messiah has arisen we're better, so we can haves us some Olympic goodness? And the IOC lays the smack down. On Barry, Our Belle Michelle and The Oprah. A bruising trifecta. Ouch.

Next up, Lord Obama will turn his master persuasive techniques on Iran and awe them into submission with his holy teleprompted writ.
KILROY WAS HERE

Bender B. Rodriguez

#99 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 05 Oct 2009 02:35

West Virginia Mule wrote:The people of the world hate this country more than they love The Messiah.
oh no,count me out pal,i really like your country and feel nothing for this messiah you keep talking about.

West Virginia Mule

#100 Post by West Virginia Mule » 05 Oct 2009 06:10

Bender B. Rodriguez wrote: oh no,count me out pal,i really like your country and feel nothing for this messiah you keep talking about.
I'm not your pal.
KILROY WAS HERE