Barack Hussein Obama

In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
Wicked Child

Re: Barack Hussein Obama

#151 Post by Wicked Child » 20 Oct 2009 13:20

There is NOTHING that proves Obama owns media channels. That's only the Republican way of saying that everyone that disagrees with FOX is government's under control.

On the other hand there are TRUE evidences that connects FOX to the Republican party.
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

West Virginia Mule

#152 Post by West Virginia Mule » 20 Oct 2009 19:42

Obama-run media in the U.S. is like the Joost-controlled Blind Guardian forum. If he agrees with you, it's fine to cut-and-paste any news or opinion story you want. Like Britton's been doing for the better part of a decade. If it was pro-environmental wackoism, anti-Bush, anti-Republican or anti-American in general, more power to him or to anyone. I, your ever loving Ohio Valley Mule, cut and paste one paragraph critical of potential Obama legislature concerning the criminal crap-and-tax bill and Joost slams his fist down and says there's no place for that here.

And also, no pictures of Rush Limbaugh allowed either. Just to kick a dead mule.
Oh please, stop using that race card and hide it safely away.

Reducing everything to racism is pathetic, whoever does it.

Obama and his disciples have been using racism to their benefit from the beginning. It has been and remains their all purpose shield. Obama has uttered countless racist remarks, even printed them in his books. He surrounds himself with people who have made overtly racist remarks and have opined racist philosophies. But no one can speak about that. It's unimnportant. Obama and his gang of thugs are beyond reproach. What's important is, for example, to fabricate Rush Limbaugbh quotes to paint him as a racist--and so what what if he never said those things--he's a racist anyway by virtue of his conservatism and skin color. All of us are in the eyes of Obama, the minorities and the liberals. Obama has strengthened and promoted racism in the United States, fostered the seeds of continued and further discontent to further his agenda. In a country where the president is a minority, where the richest woman is a minority, where most millionaire athletes are minorities, they'll all still whining about being victims of a racist system, forever oppressed by the White Man's evil. But they are the ones who do not let racism die. They are the ones making a living from it, the likes of Jackson and Sharpton and the CBC and the rest. Like Obama.
KILROY WAS HERE

Joost

#153 Post by Joost » 20 Oct 2009 20:29

West Virginia Mule wrote:Obama has uttered countless racist remarks, even printed them in his books. He surrounds himself with people who have made overtly racist remarks and have opined racist philosophies.
Quote them.
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Wicked Child

#154 Post by Wicked Child » 20 Oct 2009 20:56

West Virginia Mule wrote:Obama-run media in the U.S. is like the Joost-controlled Blind Guardian forum. If he agrees with you, it's fine to cut-and-paste any news or opinion story you want. Like Britton's been doing for the better part of a decade. If it was pro-environmental wackoism, anti-Bush, anti-Republican or anti-American in general, more power to him or to anyone. I, your ever loving Ohio Valley Mule, cut and paste one paragraph critical of potential Obama legislature concerning the criminal crap-and-tax bill and Joost slams his fist down and says there's no place for that here.

No, it's not. Joost actually has the "delete" button at his serve - you can argue that he uses it right or wrong - but the fact that he has administrative privileges to shut pretty much anything down here, makes the situation completely different from Obama's. The question still remains: Is there any REAL connection of Obama with the press, besides republican tabloids?

Also, being pro-something is different from being controlled-by-something. Otherwise you could say that I only listen to Blind Guardian 'cause they're telling me to and all Blind Guardian haters are free because they are not "controlled". :wink:

Do you really see any sense on what you're saying?

Joost

#155 Post by Joost » 20 Oct 2009 21:15

West Virginia Mule wrote:Obama-run media in the U.S. is like the Joost-controlled Blind Guardian forum. If he agrees with you, it's fine to cut-and-paste any news or opinion story you want. Like Britton's been doing for the better part of a decade. If it was pro-environmental wackoism, anti-Bush, anti-Republican or anti-American in general, more power to him or to anyone. I, your ever loving Ohio Valley Mule, cut and paste one paragraph critical of potential Obama legislature concerning the criminal crap-and-tax bill and Joost slams his fist down and says there's no place for that here.
Can you actually name one occasion where I deleted or censored a post by a regular user of this forum (rather than a blatant spambot)/
-- Martin Walkyier

Belgarion

#156 Post by Belgarion » 21 Oct 2009 00:37

WVM finally got short-circuited in the head. It's getting funny, though.
In this world there are two tragedies, one is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it. Oscar Wilde

God gave men a brain and a penis and only enough blood to work one at a time.

West Virginia Mule

#157 Post by West Virginia Mule » 23 Oct 2009 22:20

KILROY WAS HERE

Joost

#158 Post by Joost » 23 Oct 2009 22:41

Let's put
That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn?t know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn. White folks.
into context, mmkay?
At least on the basketball court I could find a community of sorts, with an inner life all its own. It was there that I would make my closest white friends, on turf where blackness couldn't be a disadvantage. And it was there that I would meet Ray and the other blacks close to my age who had begun to trickle into the islands, teenagers whose confusion and anger would help shape my own.

"That's just how white folks will do you," one of them might say when we were alone. Everybody would chuckle, and my mind would run down a ledger of slights: the first boy, in seventh grade, who called me a coon; his tears of surprise ("Why'dya do that?") when I gave him a bloody nose. The tennis pro who told me that I shouldn't touch the schedule of matches pinned to the bulletin board because my colour might rub off; his thin-lipped, red-faced smile ? "Can't you take a joke?" ? when I threatened to report him.

That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn. White folks. The term itself was uncomfortable in my mouth at first; I felt like a nonnative speaker tripping over a difficult phrase. Sometimes I would find myself talking to Ray about white folks this or white folks that, and I would suddenly remember my mother's smile and the words that I spoke would seem awkward and false. Or I would be helping Gramps dry the dishes after dinner and Toot [his grandmother] would come in to say that she was going to sleep, and those same words 'white folks' would flash in my head like a bright neon sign, and I would suddenly grow quiet, as if I had secrets to keep.
Is there any reason why you didn't bother to look up the context of the quote?
-- Martin Walkyier

t.a.j.

#159 Post by t.a.j. » 23 Oct 2009 23:28

I hope I'm not the only one to see the irony....
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

West Virginia Mule

#160 Post by West Virginia Mule » 24 Oct 2009 22:06

If you're against ObamaCare you hate the poor.

If you oppose the climate change bill you hate the planet.

If you oppose illegal immigration you hate hispanics.

If you oppose the stimulus it's just because Obama is black.

If you oppose Obama's budget deficits you must have been okay with Bush's, and are therefore a hypocrite.

If you support the troops you're a warmonger.

If you attend a tea party you're a nazi.

If you support traditional marriage you're a homophobe.

If you oppose abortion you're against women.

If you oppose the fairness doctrine you hate diversity.

If you oppose strong-arm unions you're against the workers.
KILROY WAS HERE

Joost

#161 Post by Joost » 24 Oct 2009 22:07

Quit the rhetorical whining, bring on the substance.

Nobody here actually accuses you of being a Nazi or a racist. I know you want to be in this victim role, but people are not actually calling you a Nazi or a racist, and you should get over it.
-- Martin Walkyier

West Virginia Mule

#162 Post by West Virginia Mule » 24 Oct 2009 23:58

Those are paraphrases from Glenn Beck. Or maybe quotes, if I got them right. Examples of how Obama and his minions try to invalide any opposing opinion.
KILROY WAS HERE

Joost

#163 Post by Joost » 25 Oct 2009 00:04

Except that they actually don't do that. Look, you saw how much the 'racist' quote was taken out of context? How Obama's past confusion and involuntary confrontation with the notion of 'race' by his childhood peers was somehow interpreted as evidence of his racism in the here and now? Isn't it likely that quotes like this are nothing more than that? Just as much a distortion of reality?

It's actually only what the right-wingers want to make people think that Obama is doing to try to invalidate any opposing opinion. ;) Nothing more than that.
-- Martin Walkyier

West Virginia Mule

#164 Post by West Virginia Mule » 25 Oct 2009 00:51

t.a.j. wrote:I hope I'm not the only one to see the irony....
Is the irony that the White Man—all of whom are born racist according to Newsweek and who have enslaved, oppressed and practiced the most hateful forms of racism against the Black Man—is crying foul at racism reversed and reflected back at him? If so, can we conclude that the Black Man can be as racist as he wants and be entirely absolved of his actions and beliefs due to the fact that the White Man "deserves it" for ancestral misdeeds or a current racist fringe? So the irony lies in the concept that we, the White Man of America for over two centuries, who are and have always been bitter racists, are now concerned about one Black Man's racism towards us? If I follow this line out, can I then conclude that I, as a member in good standing of the White Man Community, am obligated to absorb racism directed at me and the White Man in general—and indeed, even to invite it, encourage it, nurture it and bathe in it—as a kind of penance? Shame be upon us.

Or perhaps the irony is context? As in, every media outlet other than FOX cites comments by Rush Limbaugh to build the racism case against him, giddily ignoring the context in which they were said, the spirit in which they were made, the purpose of them? And yet we, the conservative White Man, will just as giddily cite Obama quotes without context to make racist claims against him? Oh, cruel irony. But with telling exceptions. The state-run media wasn't happy to merely quite Limbaugh out of context; they went ahead and fabricated slanderous quotes to further their cause. And furthermore, Rush Limbaugh is radio host, an entertainer, powerless to create and implement American policy. Barry Obama is the president of the United States, the leader of the (as yet) free world. No white presidential-hopeful would have survived the Obama racism comments if they were made about the Black Man, much less one who was a drug-addicted, radical, Marxist wacko from the 60s who may or may not have been born in this country.

On a personal note, I don’t want to believe Obama is a vengeful, angry racist. How does that help anything? I’m not looking for evidence to support that claim, because even if it’s true all it’s going to do is make a difficult situation worse. Nevertheless, I’ve eventually read things, watched some of those YouTube videos, but it took a while to get around to it. I was almost…squeamish. Unfortunately, there are enough quotes (the white man’s greed drives a world of need) and actions (twenty years in Jeremiah Wright’s church of hate) that are difficult to come to terms with. If he’s not a racist, fine. But he certainly dislikes us “white folks” nonetheless, even if that dislike does not cross the line into outright racism.

His policies…the things he wants to do…some of it is downright traitorous and unconstitutional. And he’s targeting the middle class with more taxes. They will happen. Campaign promises are adrift in the passage of time, mere gateways to jamming the jackboot in the door. He’s not planning to “redistribute” the wealth of people like himself and Oprah and millionaire athletes and give more to people like me in the middle class. It’s going to be me that’s he’s going to take from. White Middle America. He’s going to diminish or destroy our quality of life and give it to the crackheads and illegal immigrants and those unwilling to help themselves. And then he’s going to “redistribute” America’s wealth—or, rather, former-wealth—to the rest of the globe. America as a whole—and White America in particular—is deserving of having our legs cut out from beneath us as punishment for succeeding for the last two centuries when others in the world have not.

It’s not fair that one man should prosper more than another. It’s not fair that one nation should succeed beyond another. We will create a silhouette society, shadow children of equality and mediocrity, and a world government parent to take care of it.
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#165 Post by West Virginia Mule » 30 Oct 2009 21:32

William Tate wrote:"Look at you two!" I said after a moment's awkward silence. "See, you turned out pretty well after all: Rachel a doctor, Kevin a nurse."

They looked at each other and laughed.

"I'm not a doctor," she said. "Who can afford college these days? And Kevin isn't a nurse."

"So you are in costume, then?"

"Sort of," she said. "The Leader showed us at the very start how important it is that people think we're doctors. We're with ObamaCare Neighborhood Watch."

I got an uneasy feeling. "What division?"

"Elderly Recycling."

I looked over her shoulder and a chill ran through me. A white van parked in my driveway bore the ubiquitous ObamaCare logo, a stylized staff of Asclepius with the curled green snake and its familiar black death's-head.

"But I'm in good health," I protested.

"You are, huh?" She pulled a medical chart from under her smock. "You had your left hip replaced ten years ago?"

"Yeah," I said, the ache in my right hip making me wish that replacement surgery was still an option.

"You take medications for thyroid replacement and to prevent gout?"

"Yes, but they're relatively inexpensive."

"That's for us to decide." She peered up at me from the medical chart. "And you were diagnosed with hypertension five years ago."

"Borderline," I pointed out. "I don't even take medication for that."

"But at your age," she said. "Well, the tables say it's time."

I looked back and forth between them, pleading. "But I should have a lot of good years left."

An insincere smile appeared on Rachel's lips. "The charts don't lie. And your birthday is next week."

Kevin grabbed my arm with two strong hands. "Come on, old man, don't make this any more difficult than it has to be."

"Wait!" A thought flashed into my mind. "Your parents. I remember; they're smart folks. Let's talk to them."

Rachel closed the chart slowly, with a small smile, like she was closing a good book she had just finished reading.

"Our parents? We came for them last week."
KILROY WAS HERE

Joost

#166 Post by Joost » 30 Oct 2009 23:52

Maybe it's a good idea for you to reality check every once in a while?
-- Martin Walkyier

West Virginia Mule

#167 Post by West Virginia Mule » 31 Oct 2009 06:49

El Rushbo wrote:And when they get this health care bill -- if they do -- that's the easiest, fastest way for them to be able to regulate every aspect of human behavior, because it will all have some related cost to health care -- what you drive, what you eat, where you live, what you do -- and there will be penalties for violating regulation.

It's going to be the biggest snatch of freedom and liberty that has yet occurred in this country.
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#168 Post by West Virginia Mule » 31 Oct 2009 08:14

Pelosi's Ca$h for Ca$kets.
El Rushbo wrote:RUSH: I have 'em on one page, some of the tax increases in the Pelosi bill. They're not just tax increases, but you remember yesterday Obama was out somewhere talking to small business people and said, "If you like your plan and if you like what you're paying for it, if you like your benefits, keep it, nothing's going to change." But:

Page 94, Pelosi plan: "Prohibits the sale of private individual health insurance policies, beginning in 2013, forcing individuals to purchase coverage through the federal government." In 2013, after the 2012 presidential election. In 2013, there is no private insurance allowed. The sale of it will be prohibited.

Page 110: "Requires the use of federal dollars to fund abortions through the government-run health plan -- and, if the Hyde Amendment were ever not renewed, would require the plan to fund elective abortions."

Page 111 -- Section 223: "Establishes a new board of federal bureaucrats (the 'Health Benefits Advisory Committee') to dictate the health plans that all individuals must purchase -- and would likely require all Americans to subsidize and purchase plans that cover any abortion." The death panels are back, by the way.

Page 211 -- Section 321: "Establishes a new government-run health plan that, according to non-partisan actuaries at the Lewin Group, would cause as many as 114 million Americans to lose their existing coverage."

Page 225 -- Section 330: "Permits -- but does not require -- Members of Congress to enroll in government-run health care." So they'll be able to opt out of it and maintain their Cadillac plans.

Page 255 -- Section 345: "Includes language requiring verification of income for individuals wishing to receive federal health care subsidies under the bill -- while the bill includes a requirement for applicants to verify their citizenship, it does not include a similar requirement to verify applicants' identity, thus encouraging identity fraud for undocumented immigrants and others wishing to receive taxpayer-subsidized health benefits."

Page 297 -- Section 501: "Imposes a 2.5 percent tax on all individuals who do not purchase 'bureaucrat-approved' health insurance -- the tax would apply on individuals with incomes under $250,000, thus breaking a central promise of then-Senator Obama’s presidential campaign."

Page 313 -- Section 512: "Imposes an 8 percent 'tax on jobs' for firms that cannot afford to purchase 'bureaucrat-approved' health coverage; according to an analysis by Harvard Professor Kate Baicker, such a tax would place millions 'at substantial risk of unemployment' -- with minority workers losing their jobs at twice the rate of their white counterparts."

Page 336 -- Section 551: "Imposes additional job-killing taxes, in the form of a half-trillion dollar 'surcharge,' more than half of which will hit small businesses; according to a model developed by President Obama’s senior economic advisor, such taxes could cost up to 5.5 million jobs." This is the thing we talked about yesterday, $500,000 for single filers, million dollars, the income surcharge on those earners. A lot of people are small business owners, and they file on their personal 1040 form.

Page 520 -- Section 1161: "Cuts more than $150 billion from Medicare Advantage plans."

Page 733 -- Section 1401: "Establishes a new Center for Comparative Effectiveness Research; the bill includes no provisions preventing the government-run health plan from using such research to deny access to life-saving treatments on cost grounds, similar to Britain’s National Health Service, which denies patient treatments costing more than $35,000."

Page 1174 -- Section 1802(b): "Includes provisions entitled 'TAXES ON CERTAIN INSURANCE POLICIES' to fund comparative effectiveness research, breaking Speaker Pelosi’s promise that 'We will not be taxing [health] benefits in any bill that passes the House.'" And this, you know, is just the scratch-the-surface look 'cause there are 1,990 pages.
KILROY WAS HERE

Orodaran

#169 Post by Orodaran » 31 Oct 2009 18:29

Whenever you'll convince at least one person, let me know about it....
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

West Virginia Mule

#170 Post by West Virginia Mule » 31 Oct 2009 19:20

House Minority Leader John Boehner wrote:Taking aim at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's plan, Boehner said it would put Washington in charge of health care decisions, add to the bureaucracy, raise premiums and cut Medicare benefits.

"Enough is enough. Breaking the bank and taking away the freedoms Americans cherish is not the answer to the challenges we face," Boehner said.
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#171 Post by West Virginia Mule » 31 Oct 2009 19:21

Orodaran wrote:Whenever you'll convince at least one person, let me know about it....
:lol: Ok.
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#172 Post by West Virginia Mule » 01 Nov 2009 18:26

I hate this. I bought a 24/7 Rush Limbaugh membership. I'm an official Dittohead. I worship the ground the guy walks on. It's so tiring, all of this, all of this kind of involvement. I hate that this has consumed my life, the antichrist on the throne and the struggle to preserve the union. My head feels so heavy. I mean, you know, physically heavy, like my sputtering brain matter is getting soaked down with poison.

I...I still don't understand how things get so uncivil so quickly, instantly, with this type of topic. Personal attacks on me because of my concerns with my president. Well, they were mere concerns. They're more than that now.

I cling to the words of Rush. He is my voice in the darkening night, the light in the dark. It's an obsessive thing. It compels me and it's exhausting. He's made me realize where we are, what I am, and all we're about to lose. Like Iron Maiden once said, you never miss it until it's gone away. And we're being deconstructed, dismantled. I'm baffled by America, that so many seem oblivious or indifferent to the coming tyranny, as if the freedom and spirit that built this country is suddenly something to be ashamed of and purged.

But then, “oblivious or indifferent” was me as well. I want to put it back down, this fixation, but it seems I cannot. I. Don’t. Enjoy. This.

Will this define me from here on out? I used to chuckle at those who'd read the news all huffed out in outrage all the time. Who gives a toad’s toe about all that happy crappy? But now...down, down, down, down the rabbit hole. I'm not enjoying it, but the impulse to be aware, to stand for conservative values, to push further and further each week overwhelms.

Fear, too. Fear from being powerless. And then the goofy, animated voice of Limbaugh arcs through the speakers like a rainbow lancing through starlight, and the words are my own, the thoughts my own, the philosophy a holy writ that must be respected and defended. And I know I’m not alone, that there is a groundswell of opposition out there ready to rise up, and it’s heartening to know that the spirit endures.

Sweet lady liberty, forgive me. I've lived 40 years and taken you for granted each one of them. Like so many things, I was wrong or I just didn’t know. And now, now at this late, late hour, when the knife is at your throat, I've finally open my eyes. I only hope I didn’t open them just to see a murder.
KILROY WAS HERE

Orodaran

#173 Post by Orodaran » 01 Nov 2009 18:32

So liberty is at stake now??? and what was going on with liberty when Bush passed all the anti-terrorism laws that were limiting freedom in so many aspects?
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

t.a.j.

#174 Post by t.a.j. » 01 Nov 2009 20:28

Under the Patriot Act, you might have been arrested for renting the wrong books from the library, and you ignored that. But now you cry. Think about that for a moment: renting the wrong books might get you arrested for suspicion of terrorism.... Think about it! How much more liberty can you lose before you start burning them? What are you crying about? The fact that private health insurance insures that those who need health care the most are the least likely to get it and therefore some government regulations need to be made if you want those who need it most to be able to afford health care. You're not under threat of losing liberty. The only thing you're under threat of losing is satisfaction of your vanity.

You're so full of hate over nothing. While when you should have raged, by right and reason, you were silent like a lamb. In truth, I think it's not the politics. You're too smart for that. It's something else, something inside of you, fear of loss, fear of the past, I don't know. The politics is just what pushed you, something to rage about because whatever it is that's eating you, you can't get angry about it.

West Virginia Mule

#175 Post by West Virginia Mule » 03 Nov 2009 09:16

West Virginia Mule wrote:Personal attacks on me
Orodaran and t.a.j. - I'm not going to further this with you. :?

I can't understand the personal attacks, Tom. I can't. I won't make another post in this topic. Let it sink. Move on.
KILROY WAS HERE

Joost

#176 Post by Joost » 08 Nov 2009 21:15

Is this the republicans' idea of freedom of speech? :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMdlcnK_MI4
-- Martin Walkyier

Led Guardian

#177 Post by Led Guardian » 09 Nov 2009 03:44

I have never seen even little children behave that badly.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

West Virginia Mule

#178 Post by West Virginia Mule » 09 Nov 2009 15:10

Joost thinks he’s provoking me. It’s funny. Kinda.
KILROY WAS HERE

t.a.j.

#179 Post by t.a.j. » 09 Nov 2009 23:42

I object.

West Virginia Mule

#180 Post by West Virginia Mule » 10 Nov 2009 16:37

Back by popular demand then, the BHO topic. :shrug:
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#181 Post by West Virginia Mule » 10 Nov 2009 16:51

Liberals come up with programs so wonderful they have to force you to use them.

Under PelosiCare, Americans would be forced to carry health insurance. If you do not carry a $15,000 a year health plan, fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years are the penalties.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Our Republic is passing from history. It's now up to the Senate to preserve it...or administer the last rights.
KILROY WAS HERE

ThePKH

#182 Post by ThePKH » 10 Nov 2009 18:37

I object.
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Wicked Child

#183 Post by Wicked Child » 10 Nov 2009 20:47

ThePKH wrote:I object.
Sustained.

I love Law and Order. 8)

Joost

#184 Post by Joost » 11 Nov 2009 01:10

West Virginia Mule wrote:Under PelosiCare, Americans would be forced to carry health insurance. If you do not carry a $15,000 a year health plan, fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years are the penalties.
They won't. This is a lie. The actual bill clearly states, very explicitly, that the currently existing, non-government health plans (the 'grandfathered' health plans) will continue to exist. Moreover, the government-based health plans will not be $15000 a year, but limited to $5000 a year (for an individual) or $10000 a year (for a family).

And where are the $250000 fines and imprisonment mentioned?

Actually, the punishment for being uninsured is a tax of 2.5%, up to the price of an insurance premium. (See Paragraph (a) of Sec. 59B of the bill)

So yeah, if you have an income of $10 million, you could theoretically end up having a $250000 fine. Except you won't, because an insurance premium costs a bit less than that.
-- Martin Walkyier

West Virginia Mule

#185 Post by West Virginia Mule » 11 Nov 2009 09:06

THAT'S A FUCKING LIE JOOST. YOU PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT. ALL YOU FUCKING WANT TO DO IS FUCKING FUCK WITH ME. FUN GAME FOR YOU ISN'T IT? NOT YOUR LIFE, BUT IT'S FUN TO PRETEND YOU HAVE A STAKE IN ANY OF THIS. FUN TO FUCK WITH ME. FUN TO WATCH US FALL APART. FUCK OFF. LICK OBAMA'S ASS, YOUR FUCKING SAVIOR. SUBHUMAN PIECE OF SHIT.
“H.R. 3962 provides that an individual (or a husband and wife in the case of a joint return) who does not, at any time during the taxable year, maintain acceptable health insurance coverage for himself or herself and each of his or her qualifying children is subject to an additional tax.” [page 1]

- – - – - – - – - -

“If the government determines that the taxpayer’s unpaid tax liability results from willful behavior, the following penalties could apply…” [page 2]

- – - – - – - – - -

“Criminal penalties

Prosecution is authorized under the Code for a variety of offenses. Depending on the level of the noncompliance, the following penalties could apply to an individual:

• Section 7203 – misdemeanor willful failure to pay is punishable by a fine of up to $25,000 and/or imprisonment of up to one year.

• Section 7201 – felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.” [page 3]

FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING LIES.
KILROY WAS HERE

Joost

#186 Post by Joost » 11 Nov 2009 10:26

You don't get a fine for not having health insurance, you get a fine for not paying a tax (which is lower than the health insurance).
“Criminal penalties

Prosecution is authorized under the Code for a variety of offenses. Depending on the level of the noncompliance, the following penalties could apply to an individual:

• Section 7203 – misdemeanor willful failure to pay is punishable by a fine of up to $25,000 and/or imprisonment of up to one year.

• Section 7201 – felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.” [page 3]
And the penalties listed are maximum penalties. In South Dakota you can, according to the letter of the law, also get 10 years of jailtime for having oral sex, but in reality, nobody will or does ever get that penalty.

edit: an addition, the quotation here is not a quotation from the Pelosi bill (which you suggest), but a quotation from a letter from the Joint Committee of Taxation in reply to questions from Dave Camp about enforcement w.r.t. the Affordable Health Care act. In the same letter it also says:
The additional tax does not apply ... if the person's income is below the threshold for filing a Federal income tax return.

You asked that I discuss the situation in which the taxpayer has chosen not to comply with individual mandate and not pay the additional tax. The Code provides for both civil and criminal penalties to ensure complete and accurate reporting of tax liability and to discourage fraudulent attempts to defeat or evade tax.

The majority of delinquent taxes and penalties are collected through the civil process.

Civil Penalties:

Section 6662a: an accuracy related payment of 20 percent of the underpayment attributable to the health care tax, based on negligence or disregard (the former includes lack of a reasonable attempt to comply and the latter includes an intentional disregard of rules or regulations) of substantial understatement, if the understatement of tax is sufficiently large.

Section 6663: a fraud penalty of 75 percent of the underpayment, if the government can prove faudulent intent to avoid taxes by clear and convincing evidence.

Section 6702: a $5,000 penalty for taking a frivolous position on a tax return

Section 6651: delinquency penalty of .5 percent of the underpayment, each month, up to a maximum of 25 percent of the underpayment

Criminal penalties

• Section 7201 – felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.

In fiscal year 2008, the total cases referred for prosecution of legal source tax crimes were as follows.

Investigations initiated 1,531
Indictments and informations 757
Convictions 666
Sentenced 645
Incarcerated 498

Of the 666 convictions reported above for fiscal year 2008, fewer than 100 were convictions for willful failure to file or pay taxes under section 7203. Civil penalties outnumber criminal penalties imposed. For example, in fiscal year 2008, compared to the 666 convictions, approximately 392,000 accuracy related penalties were assessed on individual returns.
-- Martin Walkyier

t.a.j.

#187 Post by t.a.j. » 11 Nov 2009 10:26

These are punishments for criminal offenses. It would be nice to know the context and what "felony willful evasion" even means. And yeah, if you are bound by law to do something, this always implies that there is a punishment attached to not doing it. It's quite reasonable that the punishment should be considerably worse than whatever benefit one achieves by breaking the law. The failure of this principle has lead to a number of corporate crimes, in particular when it comes to environmental pollution.

Private health insurance cannot cover everyone. That is because insurance companies want to make a profit. They make a profit by getting more money from their costumers than they spent on their customers health care. Since companies are competing with one another, they cannot arbitrarily raise their prices in order to cover the costs caused by their costumers getting sick and need medical care. Therefore they need to try and get as many costumers as possible that pay but don't get sick and limit the amount of actual cases of medical care that they have to pay for. That means they will try their best not to insure people who will most likely need more extensive medical care. Or simply put: private health care will always exclude those people that need health care the most, while profiting those that need it the least.

If you want to keep everyone insured, you need to either force the private companies to accept everyone or force the healthy to pay in solidarity for the sick. This bill seems to attempt both approaches. And neither approach will work if there is no punishment for not obeying the new law.

Joost

#188 Post by Joost » 11 Nov 2009 10:32

West Virginia Mule wrote:THAT'S A FUCKING LIE JOOST. YOU PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT. ALL YOU FUCKING WANT TO DO IS FUCKING FUCK WITH ME. FUN GAME FOR YOU ISN'T IT? NOT YOUR LIFE, BUT IT'S FUN TO PRETEND YOU HAVE A STAKE IN ANY OF THIS. FUN TO FUCK WITH ME. FUN TO WATCH US FALL APART. FUCK OFF. LICK OBAMA'S ASS, YOUR FUCKING SAVIOR. SUBHUMAN PIECE OF SHIT.
I will report this to Curufin (the other admin) as a case of abuse on this forum/breaking of the forum rules, that might require action. (Obviously, as I'm a participant in this conflict, I'm not going to take any action here myself.)
-- Martin Walkyier

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#189 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 11 Nov 2009 13:23

awwww c'moooooon,be nice,he's harmless...not to mention funny ad worth reading.
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

Hansi Smurf

Barack Hussein Obama

#190 Post by Hansi Smurf » 13 Nov 2009 21:21

It's a pretty small image, really, but the "WilliamStreet" DVD credits screen is an actual, historical, England-based political cartoon of a man whom looks just like Barack Obama in African spear-chucker garb, stabbing an possibly Victorian-era English gentleman in the back repeatedly with his spear! (see, Metalocalypse, Frisky Dingo)

I wonder if it was really is a drawing of Barack's own unique caste-body, now spiritually and divinely reconcieved all these decades or centuries later?

Curufin

#191 Post by Curufin » 14 Nov 2009 00:38

I honestly can't tell if WVM is being serious or not, so let's just cool down and keep the language civil, please.
Official Blind Guardian Forum Tarot Pimp.

Visit http://www.curufin.com/bg for all of your Blind Guardian needs!

Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!

Periaatteessa se tarkoittaa periaatteessa

Paradiso

#192 Post by Paradiso » 17 Nov 2009 05:35

I can't believe there is 4 pages written by you and your whining. Your life must be absolutely horrible to have that much to rant about. Of all the things in this world that bother me the most, I seriously doubt a single one of them could drive me enough to fill as many posts as you have. If instead of sitting here writing hatespeech, maybe you could channel that same energy positively?

West Virginia Mule

#193 Post by West Virginia Mule » 19 Dec 2009 13:15

Paradiso wrote:I can't believe there is 4 pages written by you and your whining.
Dissent is not whining. Well, to liberals, everything that's not marching in mindless jackboot compliance is whining I guess.

And I didn't write all four pages. There was help. From other people. Although, as far as I'm concerned, there was only me writing for me, my "whining" did not have a separate personality and do its own writing as your sentence suggests. I know, I know, English is a tricky little bugger. Keep practicing. Someday you might get it.
Your life must be absolutely horrible to have that much to rant about.
It's had its ups and downs. My life, that is. Like most lives, it rides the waves of time like an unsteady surfer. Yup. But...uhm...what you're saying here is that because I voice dissent against your beloved Messiah, my life must be horrible? As in, uh, to oppose liberalism, socialism and tyranny requires one to have a horrible life as a prerequisite? A horrible life is what freedom-loving Americans are all going to have if we don't draw the line here. As for the Americans looking for handouts and serfdom and a nanny state, move to Europe why don'tcha? They're apparently good at that shit.
Of all the things in this world that bother me the most, I seriously doubt a single one of them could drive me enough to fill as many posts as you have.

It's not my fault you lack conviction, resolve or obsession and/or the ability to formulate your thoughts with the written word. I used to care about videogames, so I wrote obsessively about them. Now I care about saving my country, so I write obsessively about that. Thanks for taking the time to care.
If instead of sitting here writing hatespeech, maybe you could channel that same energy positively?
Liberals always call conservatism hate speech. Because liberals love everything degenerative, perverted, destructive, immoral and godless. What I'm doing is spearheading a new chapter in my life as a crusader for conservative American values. Nothing could be more positive.
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#194 Post by West Virginia Mule » 19 Dec 2009 13:34

Curufin wrote:I honestly can't tell if WVM is being serious or not, so let's just cool down and keep the language civil, please.
Curu, if Juiced wants to ban me from his forum, go ahead. Drag me through the streets at dawn to the beheading. Pelt me with rotten veggies and stones. That way it will be 100% liberal with no dissent. In any case, I told him in a PM that talking politics with the older members of the forum was something I didn't wanna do 'cause it always ends in "fuck yous" from me. He said, nah, it ain't gotta be that that, dawg. So I showed him that yeah, it does gotta be like that. If it made him all misty-eyed and sensitive, then whatever. Juiced has this vendetta thing with me since Martin disowned me on the defunct NPS forum. Whatever. Political correctness is a liberal tool to keep people quiet, to silence dissent. Well, fuck that. I'm done worrying about it.

And I'm always serious. Always. Forever and always. In no way do I view my participation in this forum as a masquerade or an outlet for frustration, or a means to tweak American-hating fuckheads. Don’t believe it if anyone tells you differently. Serious. Serious business. Serious business is what I’m engaged in here.

Thank you for your time in this matter. And if the next time I attempt to log in my account is disabled, rest assured that I forgive you and God still loves you. Peace be upon you all. End transmission.
KILROY WAS HERE

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#195 Post by Metal Fan » 19 Dec 2009 19:14

You missed the "Fuck You" :lol:
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Hansi Smurf

Relieving Barack Hussein Obama of Duty

#196 Post by Hansi Smurf » 21 Feb 2010 00:28

Obama will not practice consent and uses violence when confronted with unarmed Superior Men possessing biological needs that he himself despises. He has not, therefore, achieved the Mental Age of Consent, and cannot legally be President of the United States.

No policeman, firefighter, nurse, doctor, politician, laborer, nor entertainer, has ever reached the Mental Age of Consent, and indeed, the Mental Age of Consent is a law-abiding prerequisite for to hold the entitlements of these aforementioned positions, which all currently occupy better-than-welfare salaries and the right to gang-violence all Western Men out of subject women and into pay-for-sex and work like the rest of us, the Pigs.

Once more they communed "the Pig" right back at me, proving their Idiotic Mental Age.

As I originally said, the Elect of the United States, and globally, are Scientific Idiots. Me? I have achieved Omniscience, and am the source of ALL of your conveyor-belt lives, and attention spans.

Yours, beautiful wife, in health, violence and fanatical togetherness,
GOD EDWARD

(Obama's wife would leave him if he quit work and lived cleanly in rich 1st World poverty, guaranfuckingteed, while she would continue to accomplish nothing gross at all)
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 15 Sep 2010 00:44, edited 1 time in total.

Hansi Smurf

National Socialism

#197 Post by Hansi Smurf » 15 Sep 2010 00:39

If I wuz Obama, I'd send all the troops home, lay off every white collar-er, rich and poor, and have 'em all work together for to refit the entire global skyscrapers, inta fit homes, for Men and their families!

R. Buckminster Fuller's WWII, 100% accounted for, bean-counted Economy, proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the American people could easily manufacture fully automated and completely empty Metropolis', every 24 hrs.

Instead, Americans will battle endlessly, their IQ and physical inferiors, instead of completely killing 'em all, by the Almighty Word of God, and it's Almighty ability to confirm evil bodies, paralyze evil bodies, and run their biologically defenseless throats thru.

Hmmm... maybe Americans, by and large, ain't so smart after all?

Die, keep dying, America, die, keep dying... :cry:
Last edited by Hansi Smurf on 15 Sep 2010 00:47, edited 1 time in total.

Skrymir

#198 Post by Skrymir » 15 Sep 2010 00:46

You surely are a weird smurf, Mr Smurf.

Hansi Smurf

Quantify Weird or Be Destroyed

#199 Post by Hansi Smurf » 15 Sep 2010 00:48

C'mon! :mrgreen:

Hansi Smurf

Scolding Vs. Rebukement

#200 Post by Hansi Smurf » 15 Sep 2010 00:53

Scolds can't quantify.

Rebukements can.

Scolds are burned at the stake, Rebukerers are the Scold-burners.

Die, keep dying, Screamer. 8)