In this section, you can talk relaxedly about everyday matters, and also engage in more serious discussions. Please try to keep this place accessible to everyone and write your posts in English.
West Virginia Mule

#51 Post by West Virginia Mule » 09 Apr 2008 12:48

I’ll be laughing as they “cart me off to the morgue.” Well, not laughing probably (that makes my jolly Santa Claus belly ache like the dickens), but more like smiling with relief, relief that this wretched, torturous, unfortunate existence has finally ceased. Life, what a bad joke that turned out to be.

Besides, you could walk out your front door this morning and get hit by a truck. In fact, you probably will.

West Virginia Mule

#52 Post by West Virginia Mule » 25 Feb 2009 23:51

It was my intention to put this here in the middle of next month, but I guess now will have to do. It has to be now. On Friday, March 13th, 2009, I will turn 40. Yeah, Friday the 13th. Heh.

40. It has an effect. Endings and beginnings. Less days in front of this horse than riding in the back of this cart. And yeah, I guess it’s past due to put some toys away.

Toys like the last two internet forums I’m a part of, here at Blind Guardian and over at Night’s Plutonian Shores. These things, this form of interaction and communication with such a diverse populous—as well as most every facet of the internet itself—were so fascinating and wondrous to me in…oh…maybe 2001-2005...maybe a little later, too.

Natural evolution of character and interest has moved on. I’ve taken up space and time and fed a difficult compulsion by being an idiot on this forum in recent years, but it wasn’t always that way. I’ve just said everything real I ever had to say and written everything real I could write and there’s nothing left but the bottom of the barrel, the sarcasm and calculated offensiveness. Should’ve just let it fall away instead.

There’s a reason why I’m the only middle-aged American on this forum.

If I ever had anything in common with the people here or at NPS, I certainly don’t anymore.

But it became a habit. Like a lot of people, once something gets its talons into my back I have difficulty dislodging it.

That is what I’m here to do with this last forum entry, regardless.

40. It’s not a good number. There are worse numbers, however. Like 50. And that shadowland beyond 50. So I won’t get too worked up about it. Still have my job, still have a wonderful little family. Health's a little shaky, but I guess you can't have it all. Things could be a whole lot worse. But I will start boxing up some toys I’ve gotten too old to play with. It just seems like the right time. Friday the 13th. 40. Endings and beginnings.

It's time.

To all of you with joined dates of August, 2002, under your names, thanks for the good run. I won’t forget you and this place, but I will never appear here again.

West Virginia Mule 2001-2009
Last edited by West Virginia Mule on 29 Jun 2009 04:44, edited 3 times in total.

Skyclad

#53 Post by Skyclad » 25 Feb 2009 23:55

Bipolar disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a category of mood disorders defined by the presence of one or more episodes of abnormally elevated mood clinically referred to as mania or, if milder, hypomania. Individuals who experience manic episodes also commonly experience depressive episodes or symptoms, or mixed episodes in which features of both mania and depression are present at the same time. These episodes are usually separated by periods of "normal" mood, but in some individuals, depression and mania may rapidly alternate, known as rapid cycling. Extreme manic episodes can sometimes lead to psychotic symptoms such as delusions and hallucinations. The disorder has been subdivided into bipolar I, bipolar II, cyclothymia, and other types, based on the nature and severity of mood episodes experienced; the range is often described as the bipolar spectrum.

Data from the United States on lifetime prevalence vary but indicate a rate of around 1 percent for Bipolar I, 0.5 to 1 percent for Bipolar II or cyclothymia, and between 2 and 5 percent for subthreshold cases meeting some but not all criteria. The onset of full symptoms generally occurs in late adolescence or young adulthood. Diagnosis is based on the person's self-reported experiences, as well as observed behavior. Episodes of abnormality are associated with distress and disruption, and an elevated risk of suicide, especially during depressive episodes. In some cases it can be a devastating long-lasting disorder. In some cases, however, it has been associated with creativity, goal striving and positive achievements.[1]

Genetic factors contribute substantially to the likelihood of developing bipolar disorder, and environmental factors are also implicated. Bipolar disorder is often treated with mood stabilizer medications, and sometimes other psychiatric drugs. Psychotherapy also has a role, often when there has been some recovery of stability. In serious cases in which there is a risk of harm to oneself or others involuntary commitment may be used; these cases generally involve severe manic episodes with dangerous behavior or depressive episodes with suicidal ideation. There are widespread problems with social stigma, stereotypes and prejudice against individuals with a diagnosis of bipolar disorder.[2]

Also called manic depression or bipolar affective disorder, the current term "bipolar" is of fairly recent origin and refers to the cycling between high and low episodes (poles). A relationship between mania and melancholia had long been observed, although the basis of the current conceptualisation can be traced back to French psychiatrists in the 1850s. The term "manic-depressive illness" or psychosis was coined by German psychiatrist Emil Kraepelin in the late nineteenth century, originally referring to all kinds of mood disorder. German psychiatrist Karl Leonhard split the classification again in 1957, employing the terms unipolar disorder (Major depressive disorder) and bipolar disorder.
"The Simpsons is not real life"-Skyclads mom.

My My... MySPace: http://www.myspace.com/thetruebritton

Frozen within

#54 Post by Frozen within » 26 Feb 2009 00:47

For what it's worth, I enjoyed reading the vast majority of your contributions here and always felt you were one of those folks who constantly had something interesting to share. So thanks for that. It's obvious that you're not enjoying life so much at the moment, but good stuff is always trailing behind the bucketload of crap you get to swallow regularly.

And hey, it's only a number, and not even an ugly one according to me. You won't ever read this if you hold true to your word (and I've got a feeling you're that type of guy indeed), but I just felt like expressing this anyway.

Fare thee well !
Eat more vegetables !

Led Guardian

#55 Post by Led Guardian » 26 Feb 2009 05:06

I haven't been here long, but I've enjoyed your particular brand of scathing sarcasm. Don't get too down, you've probably still got some long, full years ahead of you yet. They say 40 is the new 30 after all. Or maybe that's graduated to 50 is the new 30. But whatever, you can still make the best of it if you want. So farewell Mule, your presence will be sorely missed.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Cerbere

#56 Post by Cerbere » 26 Feb 2009 05:41

jeez hes as old as my dad

im turning 14 in may

End Of An Era

#57 Post by End Of An Era » 26 Feb 2009 09:25

As for me, i did too enjoy most of your posts, and even more the shocked, angry or upset reactions your sharp interpretation and edgy opinions always brought. Certainly, i hope you will come back one day, maybe in a few months or longer, to check up on us and shake us one last time ;)

Anyway, have a great birthday and enjoy every bit of time you can get with vour family. Hope you will feel 40 is indeed just another number. If not, buy your midlifecrisis a nice sporty car ;)

Have a good one, see you!

Belgarion

#58 Post by Belgarion » 26 Feb 2009 17:25

West Virginia Mule wrote:It was my intention to put this here in the middle of next month, but I guess now will have to do. It has to be now. On Friday, March 13th, 2009, I will turn 40. Yeah, Friday the 13th. Heh.

40. It has an effect. Endings and beginnings. Less days in front of this horse than riding in the back of this cart. And yeah, I guess it’s past due to put some toys away.

Toys like the last two internet forums I’m a part of, here at Blind Guardian and over at Night’s Plutonian Shores. These things, this form of interaction and communication with such a diverse populous—as well as most every facet of the internet itself—were so fascinating and wondrous to me in…oh…maybe 2001-2005...maybe a little later, too.

Natural evolution of character and interest has moved on. I’ve taken up space and time and fed a difficult compulsion by being an idiot on this forum in recent years, but it wasn’t always that way. I’ve just said everything real I ever had to say and written everything real I could write and there’s nothing left but the bottom of the barrel, the sarcasm and calculated offensiveness. Should’ve just let it fall away instead.

There’s a reason why I’m the only middle-aged American on this forum.

If I ever had anything in common with the people here or at NPS, I certainly don’t anymore.

But it became a habit. Like a lot of people, once something gets its talons into my back I have difficulty dislodging it.

That is what I’m here to do with this last forum entry, regardless.

40. It’s not a good number. There are worse numbers, however. Like 50. And that shadowland beyond 50. So I won’t get too worked up about it. Still have my job, still have a wonderful little family. Health's a little shaky, but I guess you can't have it all. Things could be a whole lot worse. But I will start boxing up some toys I’ve gotten too old to play with. It just seems like the right time. Friday the 13th. 40. Endings and beginnings.

It's time.

To all of you with joined dates of August, 2002, under your names, thanks for the good run. I won’t forget you and this place, but I will never appear here again.

What?? Is this a joke? :shock:

I can't believe you are really leaving. You have been one of the few people that gave me a reason to check this forums once in a while for so many years. Your decision was so sudden.

All I can say is that I will really miss you. Although you are fat and bald, you are a great person.

Take care.
:(
In this world there are two tragedies, one is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it. Oscar Wilde

God gave men a brain and a penis and only enough blood to work one at a time.

t.a.j.

#59 Post by t.a.j. » 26 Feb 2009 19:09

I forbid it.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Skyclad

#60 Post by Skyclad » 26 Feb 2009 19:19

Belgarion wrote: Although you are fat and bald, you are a great person.

Take care.
:(

:lol:

Skyclad

#61 Post by Skyclad » 26 Feb 2009 19:20

Jackson isn't going anywhere. He has man-periods, and does things like this much like a woman who says she'd going to leave her abusive husband, but never does. He'll stay because he likes the abuse.
Last edited by Skyclad on 26 Feb 2009 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

Belgarion

#62 Post by Belgarion » 26 Feb 2009 19:44

Let's hope so. :)
In this world there are two tragedies, one is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it. Oscar Wilde

Skyclad

#63 Post by Skyclad » 28 Feb 2009 19:43

Jackson, I know you're reading this. Get Killzone 2 so we can bloody some shit up.

ThePKH

#64 Post by ThePKH » 01 Mar 2009 00:55

One doesn't just leave the internet! I liked Mule's sarcasm and one line stupid comments. I sometimes even read the longer posts and always end up wondering why. But well, in case this was truly the last thing: There goes an amazing character. All hail his baldness.
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

Joost

#65 Post by Joost » 17 Mar 2009 13:50

Just wondering, is anyone around here still in contact with him? If so, does anyone have any clue what he is up to at this moment?
You charge each other for the time and breath it takes to say 'good morning',
But the truth is slowly dawning -- things are getting out of hand,
We all pursue our shattered dreams along the roads to our own ruin --
Watch our empires sink and wash away like castles made of sand.
And so cast off the lies that are your lives and find the truth within.
-- Martin Walkyier

Also, Balrogs have wings.

::.: Homepage .::. last.fm .::. Facebook .::. Flickr :.::

Skyclad

#66 Post by Skyclad » 17 Mar 2009 14:53

Joost wrote:Just wondering, is anyone around here still in contact with him? If so, does anyone have any clue what he is up to at this moment?
Haven't talked to him, but I've seen him logged into X Box Live a few times.

Kankra

#67 Post by Kankra » 17 Mar 2009 17:38

That's lame, but if that's the way you prefer it, so be it.

I used to be concerned about age too, or at least a sort of ambition, or the lack thereof, and the ceaseless, unstoppable passing of time. I've stopped worrying - for now. Who knows whether I will begin anew to fear the big blackness coming closer. But I guess the big thing is to spend your time in the way you like most, and not to worry how to spend it.

Whatever. Abusing the forceful disruption of ties with people who've known you a long time just to attempt to give your life a sense/change/direction by making a big grand resounding break is fucking lame - for everybody on the other side of the ties. Why sugarcoat it. That's the way it is.

Skyclad

#68 Post by Skyclad » 17 Mar 2009 19:59

I agree with the goofy rarely seen German above. Jackson should just buy a convertible and have a fling with a young chick to make himself feel better/younger.

West Virginia Mule

#69 Post by West Virginia Mule » 06 Jun 2009 10:27

Yes, the "never" part in my "never return to this forum" statement turned out to be three months. Not bad, considering I've quit for only three minutes before. Heh. But I didn't come back to be your fat 'n cuddly friend or your purveyor of caustic sarcasm. Rather, the inspiration was to antagonize a population base I know to be my polar opposite and to champion my new agenda in a hostile environment. Sounds fun, huh? Hah. It is my new purpose in life and, you know, it's enlightening to actually have one other than videogames. And while the killing of zombies will always be my first love, I have been forced into realizing something more, taking a side, taking a stand. Much generation of ill will and poison penned lashings will ensue. It will be glorious. My new heroes have given me this strength and inspiration to return to this forum. They are a light in the dark, voicing the fears and hopes that lie uneasy in the heart.

But more on that later. Or not, if I change my mind. It happens sometimes. What?
KILROY WAS HERE

Belgarion

#70 Post by Belgarion » 06 Jun 2009 11:12

So you didn't go to Tibet and become a buddhist?

End Of An Era

#71 Post by End Of An Era » 06 Jun 2009 11:15

shit, i needed a hug but turns out you're not looking to cuddle anymore.. please? for old times sake? :( *puppy eyes* or do manga eyes do it for you? *manga eyes*

anyway, it's good to have you back, enjoy your stay :)

West Virginia Mule

#72 Post by West Virginia Mule » 06 Jun 2009 11:28

Belgarion wrote:So you didn't go to Tibet and become a buddhist?
No. Couldn't find it on the map. You know how we are over here with maps.
End Of An Era wrote:shit, i needed a hug but turns out you're not looking to cuddle anymore.. please? for old times sake? *puppy eyes* or do manga eyes do it for you? *manga eyes*
No. I'm here on business.

And stop looking at me.
KILROY WAS HERE

Sleeping Dragon

#73 Post by Sleeping Dragon » 06 Jun 2009 14:06

yay! Weird Vagina Mute is back!
ᛁᚠ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚲᚪᚾ ᚱᛠᛞ ᚦᛁᛋ ᚣᚩᚢ ᚪᚱᛖ ᛏᚱ00!
*Will not be waking up before 2008*

End Of An Era

#74 Post by End Of An Era » 06 Jun 2009 15:14

Sleeping Dragon wrote:yay! Weird Vagina Mute is back!
no don't! act casual!

Skyclad

#75 Post by Skyclad » 06 Jun 2009 15:40

West Virginia Mule wrote:Yes, the "never" part in my "never return to this forum" statement turned out to be three months. Not bad, considering I've quit for only three minutes before. Heh. But I didn't come back to be your fat 'n cuddly friend or your purveyor of caustic sarcasm. Rather, the inspiration was to antagonize a population base I know to be my polar opposite and to champion my new agenda in a hostile environment. Sounds fun, huh? Hah. It is my new purpose in life and, you know, it's enlightening to actually have one other than videogames. And while the killing of zombies will always be my first love, I have been forced into realizing something more, taking a side, taking a stand. Much generation of ill will and poison penned lashings will ensue. It will be glorious. My new heroes have given me this strength and inspiration to return to this forum. They are a light in the dark, voicing the fears and hopes that lie uneasy in the heart.

But more on that later. Or not, if I change my mind. It happens sometimes. What?
3 months? It doesn't seem that long. It seems more like 2 months, 1 week and 5 days to me.

West Virginia Mule

#76 Post by West Virginia Mule » 06 Jun 2009 19:03

Time ain't what it used to be.
KILROY WAS HERE

teo_guardian

#77 Post by teo_guardian » 17 Jun 2009 07:45

21 in three months...i already start to feel old :?

End Of An Era

#78 Post by End Of An Era » 17 Jun 2009 11:04

ahw how cute! :P 25 in three months... damn! a quarter century!!

Draugwen

Re: 39

#79 Post by Draugwen » 27 Jun 2009 14:25

*goes off topic*

is a very nice song by Queen.

*goes back on*
Hah. Geezers!
~Merin sa haryalye alasse!~

As a matter of fact... Maglor lives!

West Virginia Mule

#80 Post by West Virginia Mule » 29 Jun 2009 04:43

I have to tell you it remains true: the Mule version 1.0 software has been overwritten. When I left I was possessed by politics for the first time in my life. I'm not the same person I was in February, nor at any time before. For one thing, I'm much fatter. And also furious all the time. And on three different medications, anti-stress, anti-depression and blood pressure. I predict a heart attack in the next three years.

I came back to this forum to vent rage at an army of enemies. Funny, huh? Not really.

Anyway.
KILROY WAS HERE

Skyclad

#81 Post by Skyclad » 29 Jun 2009 04:44

Can I have your games if you corpse out, Jackson?

West Virginia Mule

#82 Post by West Virginia Mule » 29 Jun 2009 04:45

No.

Obama's going to redistribute them.
KILROY WAS HERE

Skyclad

#83 Post by Skyclad » 29 Jun 2009 04:53

West Virginia Mule wrote:No.

Obama's going to redistribute them.
Only if you own over 250,000 games.

West Virginia Mule

#84 Post by West Virginia Mule » 29 Jun 2009 05:10

:lol:
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#85 Post by West Virginia Mule » 10 Sep 2012 08:19

When I made this topic it was about turning 39. I'm 43 now. Stupid topic.

Also, Joost isn't nice. He's mean. There's a bee in his bonnet.
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#86 Post by West Virginia Mule » 18 Mar 2013 16:36

I'm 44 now. I've been writing on this forum since I was 17. The time, it flies.
KILROY WAS HERE

End Of An Era

#87 Post by End Of An Era » 18 Mar 2013 19:45

Happy belated B-day! :D

Belgarion

#88 Post by Belgarion » 18 Mar 2013 20:50

I've been writing on this forum since i was 6 and now i'm 13 years old.

Happy birthday WVM!

Palantyre

#89 Post by Palantyre » 19 Mar 2013 12:08

I'm supposed to be a full round 30 now. I mean, that's what the math says.

But fuck that noise, I'll be 22 forever.
And The Lord said unto John: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'.
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.

Gandalf de Grijze

#90 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 19 Mar 2013 14:30

I'm precisely as old as I mean to be
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

ThePKH

#91 Post by ThePKH » 04 Apr 2013 11:10

I'm 13.
I still am the terror that flaps in the night!

West Virginia Mule

#92 Post by West Virginia Mule » 28 May 2013 08:10

ThePKH wrote:I'm 13.
psychologically, sure
Last edited by West Virginia Mule on 28 May 2013 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#93 Post by West Virginia Mule » 28 May 2013 08:12

Belgarion wrote:Happy birthday WVM!
you know, I appreciate that
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#94 Post by West Virginia Mule » 28 May 2013 08:12

End Of An Era wrote:Happy belated B-day! :D
you know, I appreciate that