DISFORIA

A place for musicians to talk about equipment, production, compositions, get demo feedback, etc.
Alpha Penguin

DISFORIA

#1 Post by Alpha Penguin » 19 Sep 2011 20:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1fc4yigfo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh5eBIubO_I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-ja8ORum0

My band Disforia is starting to pick up some momentum on the local scale. Would you guys be so kind as to provide input, opinions, etc.? :)
How can we take it away from someone who has no right--no right to control the divine!!

KrethX

Re: DISFORIA

#2 Post by KrethX » 02 Oct 2011 16:33

Sounds great, man. Lot's of textures to the music and a really nice mix.

Really enjoying the music over here!

Alpha Penguin

#3 Post by Alpha Penguin » 03 Oct 2011 16:44

Thanks so much! :D I appreciate you giving us a listen!
How can we take it away from someone who has no right--no right to control the divine!!

Desert_Storm

#4 Post by Desert_Storm » 04 Oct 2011 01:11

+ Nice vocals, nice harmonies, cool oriental touch in wolves and men, nice synth parts, great sound quality
- Rather uncreative, sometimes boring drum parts

And as with most bands from this genre, I would prefer to hear a little more bass guitar - not the frequencies, but the instrument. But I suppose that's a matter of the genre, and this is one that I don't listen to much anymore, but I think you did really well compared with most other newcomer (?) bands I listen to from time to time :).
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Alpha Penguin

#5 Post by Alpha Penguin » 06 Oct 2011 03:05

Yeah we just had the album reviewed by a music magazine and they made the same kind of comments. Thank you for giving your constructive criticism :)

As far as lack of creativity goes.. This is our first release, so I'm not too worried. Look at Blind Guardian's first two releases: a lot of good material but nothing compared to the glory of the music that followed. This album to us is more of a statement than anything, especially since we're one of the only bands like this in Utah, USA xD haha! We've already written four more songs since we finished this album, and they're definitely much more progressive and dynamic :D

Again, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to listen to our music, I'm glad you enjoyed at least some of it

Desert_Storm

#6 Post by Desert_Storm » 07 Oct 2011 20:03

You're welcome!
I just feel that I have to add, however, that with an album like BOF (and it's demo predecessors) you probably wouldn't get signed at all nowadays... the competition is much harder now, there are more bands around and with the internet there are more bands that people are likely to listen to, even if not from there area.

Alpha Penguin

#7 Post by Alpha Penguin » 10 Oct 2011 03:33

I agree, there are many more bands and much more music now. That equates to much tougher competition haha! The one advantage I feel that my band has is we are real musicians and there are so few bands like us in the U.S. (At least relative to Europe, I think). After all we're in a country where shows like American Idol, X Factor, America's Got Talent, and such are always on xD hahaha, so depressing
We opened for Devildriver last night and they loved us lol, the singer asked for our album and the bassist talked with us and got our contact info. I'm not really into Devildriver but it felt good anyways xD

Desert_Storm

#8 Post by Desert_Storm » 10 Oct 2011 10:31

Alpha Penguin wrote: We opened for Devildriver last night and they loved us lol, the singer asked for our album and the bassist talked with us and got our contact info. I'm not really into Devildriver but it felt good anyways xD
Nice 8)

somnia

#9 Post by somnia » 20 Oct 2011 12:36

Awesome moments, especially in Of Wolves and Men, but both songs are a little bit too long to go without any substantial change in the general tone. Other than that they're perfect for listening on the road or while going over internets, so I just bought the whole album from your Bandcamp.
power progressive metal: polimat
game music and soundtrack: dogac yavuz

Alpha Penguin

#10 Post by Alpha Penguin » 04 Mar 2012 09:15

Wow thanks Somnia! :)
We're working on material for the next album now, and I've gotta say it's definitely the best we've written. If you wanna keep updated on the progress then we have a website from which you can connect on whatever social media you'd like heh, very epic things in store. Thank you very much and I hope you enjoy it :)