7 string songs

A place for musicians to talk about equipment, production, compositions, get demo feedback, etc.
Balaak

7 string songs

#1 Post by Balaak » 24 Aug 2011 17:44

Hi, all!

It's been a while since my last post (I think at least a year) but I was wondering if any of you could help me. I recently acquired an Ibanez RG7621 7 string and I'm trying to find some kick-ass songs to play. Seems like all of it is either stupid nu metal, ridiculously boring, or absurdly complex. I've tried playing Mirror by Dream Theater but it's really boring, and Glass Prison is fun but there are parts that are beyond my abilities. Then I've tried some Meshuggah, and while the time signatures are insanely difficult, once you get the main riff down you can play the whole thing. Is there anything else you guys can suggest. PLEASE avoid mentioning Korn or anything of the like.

Thanks!
Quote:
Maniacs dance with redhead whores who swallow lots of water in their mouth full of flowers choking themselves for all time without fulfilling any of their dreams unless stratovarius dances 4000 songs in next south park movie which is really funny but stupid in A weird way however there's somebody who you would associate with once or various asses will thrust their beers into eternal agonies extending anomalies for our glory that includes something extraordinary like having diahrrea and trying to remain calm but somehow cannot be contagious or otherwise it will fuck up your senses without remorse eternally and will fire us eternally from their nation because we are fuckers who rape sheeps despite filthy diseases such sheepish aids which contain lots of AIDS carriers like the beatles who fucked completely rock and other stuff like some bagels and condoms with chocolate covered with all hope because nothing can't beat our asshole anymore but their penises.

wade-newb

Re: 7 string songs

#2 Post by wade-newb » 24 Aug 2011 19:59

A band called Persuader, if I remember correctly, uses a 7-string in their newest album, and they're really kickass. Oh, and the vocalist sounds like IFTOS Hansi, albeit a formulaic version :p
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

Balaak

#3 Post by Balaak » 25 Aug 2011 05:08

I love Persuader, I didn't know that they used a 7 string. Thanks!
Quote:
Maniacs dance with redhead whores who swallow lots of water in their mouth full of flowers choking themselves for all time without fulfilling any of their dreams unless stratovarius dances 4000 songs in next south park movie which is really funny but stupid in A weird way however there's somebody who you would associate with once or various asses will thrust their beers into eternal agonies extending anomalies for our glory that includes something extraordinary like having diahrrea and trying to remain calm but somehow cannot be contagious or otherwise it will fuck up your senses without remorse eternally and will fire us eternally from their nation because we are fuckers who rape sheeps despite filthy diseases such sheepish aids which contain lots of AIDS carriers like the beatles who fucked completely rock and other stuff like some bagels and condoms with chocolate covered with all hope because nothing can't beat our asshole anymore but their penises.

T3hOverlord

#4 Post by T3hOverlord » 10 Oct 2011 23:16

ibanez 7 string . . . Ihsahn comes to mind haha all his solo stuff is done with a 7 string im pretty sure, as all he does is rant and rave about how awesome they are now.

teo_guardian

#5 Post by teo_guardian » 10 Oct 2011 23:49

play Day two-isolation be Ayreon

Lemery

#6 Post by Lemery » 02 Feb 2012 22:47

You can always try some nevermore stuff. Maybe I Voyager or the Psalm of Lydia

oganalp

#7 Post by oganalp » 10 Feb 2012 17:56

You can also play downtuned songs with standard tuning and switching to your 7th string. It works.

teo_guardian

#8 Post by teo_guardian » 10 Feb 2012 18:26

you can also wear seven strings and play any song..that would be hot