My new 12 minute epic - A Warrior's Fate

A place for musicians to talk about equipment, production, compositions, get demo feedback, etc.
innerdream

My new 12 minute epic - A Warrior's Fate

#1 Post by innerdream » 25 May 2011 20:59

hello fellow bards!

i have uploaded onto youtube my new song based on viking mythology - an epic track of over 12 minutes long!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2dAw5izXYw

probably the longest songs ive ever written

Cheers
Paul

Shepherd

Re: My new 12 minute epic - A Warrior's Fate

#2 Post by Shepherd » 27 May 2011 18:19

Nice work Paul you did a great job with this one. I really dig the "Ohhhh" part such a cool melody. This thing is littered with good melodies. I was impressed with the riffage in some parts too which (particularily the part that comes in after the intro). When your vocals get harsh it sounds great, I would explore more with that. Your vocals always start off sounding very nasaly and not to my liking but by the end of the song I really dig it. You have a unique voice. YOu did a good job keeping me interested through most of it with good instrumental bits and tasty vocal lines.

innerdream

#3 Post by innerdream » 29 May 2011 10:57

Shepherd wrote:Nice work Paul you did a great job with this one. I really dig the "Ohhhh" part such a cool melody. This thing is littered with good melodies. I was impressed with the riffage in some parts too which (particularily the part that comes in after the intro). When your vocals get harsh it sounds great, I would explore more with that. Your vocals always start off sounding very nasaly and not to my liking but by the end of the song I really dig it. You have a unique voice. YOu did a good job keeping me interested through most of it with good instrumental bits and tasty vocal lines.
cheers Shepherd - as always your comments are much appreciated - I may throw in a few more "rough" vocal lines / melodies in future songs as I think they do work well in this song

sidbarnhoorn

#4 Post by sidbarnhoorn » 29 May 2011 21:32

Great job, Paul. Excellent piece of music. Hansi's voice would really work in this one. :-)

innerdream

#5 Post by innerdream » 30 May 2011 17:59

sidbarnhoorn wrote:Great job, Paul. Excellent piece of music. Hansi's voice would really work in this one. :-)
cheers - if only I could get Hansi to sing on my songs! :D