YouTube: psychodad304

A place for musicians to talk about equipment, production, compositions, get demo feedback, etc.
West Virginia Mule

YouTube: psychodad304

#1 Post by West Virginia Mule » 27 Apr 2011 10:28

Hi. My name is Duff and this is my YouTube channel. There are some 20-year-old old hair metal band videos there (when I was young, as the song goes), and some various improvisational guitar playing videos from 2006 to present.

psychodad304
Last edited by West Virginia Mule on 18 Mar 2013 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
KILROY WAS HERE

John T. Berzanske IV

Re: YouTube: VoodooMule1969

#2 Post by John T. Berzanske IV » 02 May 2011 04:37

Nice playing and phrasing. What kind of amp are you using in the improv videos?
ra me nivar wrote:You can be satisfied after making a nice omelette, but I would need more to be fulfilled, like having a son, writting a book or fucking Nicole Kidman.
http://www.LychBand.com

Desert_Storm

#3 Post by Desert_Storm » 02 May 2011 23:32

Only listened to two of them, but so far very nice tone and very clean even when playing very fast! :)
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

West Virginia Mule

#4 Post by West Virginia Mule » 14 Jun 2011 11:07

Oh, hey, thanks guys. I don't play much anymore and have problems with hand cramps and numbness now (getting old is fun), but I make the videos mostly to capture what's left of my ability to play before it disintegrates more.

We have two little Line 6 amps, a Spider III and a Spider IV. I mostly used the III with custom settings (don't like the presets much) in all the videos, usually with the YJM DOD preamp pedal. In the more recent videos, I also have the Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal and Wylde Wah used here and there.

Been teaching my son to play for the last half year or so, and it's a great experience for the most part. Even got him a real "metal" kinda guitar, a red Jackson Demmelition King V:

First thing he wanted to learn...basics, notes, chords, maybe some Iron Man, whatever? Nah, he said he wanted to learn the tapping pattern at the beginning of Paschendale! Heh. So we started there. Hey, why not? He got it down eventually, more or less, even if his timing is all over the place yet.

Anyway, thanks again. :)
KILROY WAS HERE

West Virginia Mule

#5 Post by West Virginia Mule » 18 Mar 2013 16:30

The new YouTube channel is psychodad304:

http://www.youtube.com/user/psychodad304?feature=
KILROY WAS HERE