Blind Guardian Karaoke files?

A place for musicians to talk about equipment, production, compositions, get demo feedback, etc.
SozosMichael

Blind Guardian Karaoke files?

#1 Post by SozosMichael » 15 Nov 2009 08:44

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have karaoke mp3 files of BG, or if you know a website where I can find some. I'm a vocalist and use the same techniques Hansi uses in BG recordings (vocal layering and stuff) so i want to cover a song of theirs using my own choir :)
Thanks in advance
Sozos

power_dysfunction

Re: Blind Guardian Karaoke files?

#2 Post by power_dysfunction » 16 Nov 2009 09:43

As far as I know there are no true karaoke versions, your options are to use a MIDI version or use vocal removal processing. I have Adobe Audition, which has an excellent vocal removal tool, and I could run a song through it for you, but bear in mind the results are far from perfect.

BRi7X

#3 Post by BRi7X » 16 Nov 2009 19:39

If those ugg boots links didn't help, you could probably head over to ultimate guitar and grab a guitar pro, export each track to midi, then layer it in some digital audio workstation. I experimented with this and turned Straight Through the Mirror into a very dance-y song using fruity loops. FL Studio is so much fun.
-Byronius Zedricks Septdicius Ativos, of Aldania, the blessed realm.

Facebook ; Last.fm

Andreas

#4 Post by Andreas » 16 Nov 2009 21:37

There is a song from NiME that is also released as an instrumental. I think it was A Dark Passage.

BRi7X

#5 Post by BRi7X » 18 Nov 2009 20:54

also Nightfall was released instrumental. t'is a shame more songs aren't, they're fun to mess around with and to practice Hansification on! hah
-Byronius Zedricks Septdicius Ativos, of Aldania, the blessed realm.

Facebook ; Last.fm

1by4by9

#6 Post by 1by4by9 » 24 Nov 2009 13:34

You can always try to apply a vocal removing tool to the tracks. I think GoldWave -program had it. It doesn't work very well with modern music though since the mixing standards have changed somewhat. I personally used it to figure out the guitar leads during the vocal parts.

Now I remember, also a program called Transcribe! offers the same tool. :)

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#7 Post by Metal Fan » 25 Nov 2009 06:42

I have a program on my computer that you could litterly mix the whole song and save it. It was awesome. Cam with the computer. 8)
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)