Turntables, Vinyl Player - Equipment and Basic Information

A place for musicians to talk about equipment, production, compositions, get demo feedback, etc.
Wizard's Crown

Turntables, Vinyl Player - Equipment and Basic Information

#1 Post by Wizard's Crown » 01 Sep 2019 16:28

Hello to all the boys and girls of this beautiful forum!

I'm in the process of bying myself a turntable so I can explore the possibilites of the magnificent world of the vinyl!
BUT the problem is that...I'm a complete newbie to all these stuff and i have little to no knowledge about what equipment i need to buy in order to make my dream come true!
Soo I'm asking help from all you beautiful people..what advise could you give to a fellow music-lover?

(by the way that is the turntable that I intend to buy https://www.cnet.com/reviews/audio-tech ... le-review/ )

Any help appreciated! Thank you!

Catanduva

Re: Turntables, Vinyl Player - Equipment and Basic Information

#2 Post by Catanduva » 01 Sep 2019 20:34

I had one from the eighties, a simple one. There were others in which you could change the weight of the tonearm; and also others with a pitch function, in which you could gradually control the speed of rotation.

But the most important thing to check is what type of removable phono-cartridge the turntable requires. You can have problems trying to find a new one, if something wrong happens with its stylus, also called the needle.
#@╣#¢%ç @#°#▓®▒▓