2018 Remixed, Double CDs / LP

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Traveller in Time

Re: 2018 Remixed, Double CDs / LP

#51 Post by Traveller in Time » 28 Sep 2018 19:49

like i said, i first thought that system's failing is the working / demo title of "I'm alive".

Now i am not sure. On The description of the LP version you can read:
11. System's Failing (2018 Mix)
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Dragonfly

#52 Post by Dragonfly » 28 Sep 2018 19:59

And, if I'm not mistaken, the demo of "I'm Alive" is about the same length as the regular version of the song (5:30) while this one is 4:24 according to Nuclear Blast. Seems to be something different.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Traveller in Time

#53 Post by Traveller in Time » 28 Sep 2018 20:39

Dragonfly wrote:
28 Sep 2018 19:59
And, if I'm not mistaken, the demo of "I'm Alive" is about the same length as the regular version of the song (5:30) while this one is 4:24 according to Nuclear Blast. Seems to be something different.
There is a point in that... although there is a difference of 13s between the demo (An extraordinary tales) and the regular album song.

On the other side Market Square was 5:01 while Straight through the mirror had 5:50
Or Dead Sound of Misery 5:17 while Fly had 5:47
i could continue with the demo songs from IFTOS which differ in length from the final title.

But yeah i just rely on the "fact" that the system failed is within the lyrics of I'm alive , so maybe it was in the lyrics of the working title more spread. i doubt that it is another unfinshed song.... on the other side maybe Rock hard amgazine just brought up the story of BOF, FTB, TFTTW and SFB, so there will be a second part with IFTOS, NIME, ANATO. So another possible exclusiv CD with an new song?

I feel like i heard about the song title somewhere, i checked my stored interviews, but i haven't found anything. But it sounds familiar.....damn i am getting old :cry:

ErHaO

#54 Post by ErHaO » 29 Sep 2018 02:05

Same here, sounds familiar. But that is probably due to I'm Alive lyrics I guess. Anyways, I kinda assume it is a demo that differs enough from the ultimate product to warrant a different name.

Also, on the NB website Tides of War is listed as "original line-up". What does that mean I wonder? Thomen drumming? Old recording?

Dragonfly

#55 Post by Dragonfly » 29 Sep 2018 19:44

Traveller in Time wrote:
28 Sep 2018 20:39
Dragonfly wrote:
28 Sep 2018 19:59
There is a point in that... although there is a difference of 13s between the demo (An extraordinary tales) and the regular album song.

On the other side Market Square was 5:01 while Straight through the mirror had 5:50
Or Dead Sound of Misery 5:17 while Fly had 5:47
i could continue with the demo songs from IFTOS which differ in length from the final title.
I actually meant that the demo for "I'm Alive" is 5:20 (close enough to the album version), so "System's Failing" must be something else.

Also, a bit off-topic but still: Traveller in Time, could you please travel to the future, get the orchestral album and bring it back to us so we can check it out? Would it be too much to ask for such a favour? :mrgreen:

Traveller in Time

#56 Post by Traveller in Time » 30 Sep 2018 12:12

Traveler in time knowing that there's no rhyme
The morning sun is near
First light of dawn is here
The morning sun is near again
So be patient, the morning sun (orchestral album) is near. :mrgreen:
i wish i could Dragonfly, although Doc Brown would dislike it :wink:

ON Topic:
so there is at least something in the near future to look forward to :-)
What do you think, could it be a new song?

priderock

#57 Post by priderock » 30 Sep 2018 13:01

Yes, I also think it's a new one, eve that I've never heard about an unfinished "Imaginations..." track :? And if it is a new one, why is placed after the cover of "The Wizard"?

Dragonfly

#58 Post by Dragonfly » 30 Sep 2018 19:42

Traveller in Time wrote:
30 Sep 2018 12:12
Traveler in time knowing that there's no rhyme
The morning sun is near
First light of dawn is here
The morning sun is near again
So be patient, the morning sun (orchestral album) is near. :mrgreen:
i wish i could Dragonfly, although Doc Brown would dislike it :wink:

ON Topic:
so there is at least something in the near future to look forward to :-)
What do you think, could it be a new song?
Yeah I know. It didn't hurt to try though... I'll let you know if I by chance come across a time machine. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It could be an unrevealed song from the Imaginations era I guess. I don't think I've seen it appear somewhere else... Maybe Hansi can shed some light on the origin of this little mystery? Come join us in this thread, the mighty Bard!

Traveller in Time

#59 Post by Traveller in Time » 04 Oct 2018 21:50

ErHaO wrote:Also, on the NB website Tides of War is listed as "original line-up". What does that mean I wonder? Thomen drumming? Old recording?
it is with Thomen on drums and Holzwarth on the bass. Because it is from old recording sessions. But they also have a new recorded one with Frederik and Barend, Hansi was joking about that they will release it in 2035.
Dragonfly wrote: Yeah I know. It didn't hurt to try though... I'll let you know if I by chance come across a time machine.
a miracle machine, we must hide it secretly.....

We could try to invoke Hansi....

maybe with 3 times saying "Hans Jürgen "The mighty bard" Kürsch" (in front of a (red?) mirror)
With complains/begging (less working)
or with a pack Funny Frisch Ungarisch or danish cake :D

Traveller in Time

#60 Post by Traveller in Time » 07 Oct 2018 20:58

Some more hint about system's failing
On amazon site of the vinyl is written:
Disk: 2
1. Bright Eyes (2012 Remix and Remaster)
2. Another Holy War (2012 Remix and Remaster)
3. And the Story Ends (2012 Remix and Remaster)
4. The Wizard (2018 Remix and Remaster)
5. System's Failing (2018 Mix)
So it is not a remastered or remixed, it is mix, and there is no sense to mix a old demo, so maybe we really have a new song here.
On the other side it could be still an old song with different arrangement and lyrics.

priderock

#61 Post by priderock » 13 Oct 2018 08:51

It seems that System's Failing will be just a cover of MSG - System's failing song

Traveller in Time

#62 Post by Traveller in Time » 13 Oct 2018 12:14

priderock wrote:
13 Oct 2018 08:51
It seems that System's Failing will be just a cover of MSG - System's failing song
thanks for the info. Have you read it somewhere or have you just compared the song length?

priderock

#63 Post by priderock » 13 Oct 2018 15:24

Traveller in Time wrote:
13 Oct 2018 12:14
priderock wrote:
13 Oct 2018 08:51
thanks for the info. Have you read it somewhere or have you just compared the song length?
Just remembered that the band had an unreleased MSG cover during the IFTOS period. hope my mind is not playing me tricks :D

Traveller in Time

#64 Post by Traveller in Time » 13 Oct 2018 22:18

yeah it sounds now familiar to me...there was something, and i had the feeling that i heard about the song name before. Thanks!

priderock

#65 Post by priderock » 14 Oct 2018 07:23

Traveller in Time wrote:
13 Oct 2018 22:18
yeah it sounds now familiar to me...there was something, and i had the feeling that i heard about the song name before. Thanks!
You're welcome! ;)

Gorthaur

#66 Post by Gorthaur » 16 Oct 2018 14:56

I don't know if it's been answered or brainstormed already, but I was curious about new NiME timeline with Doom and Tides counted in. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe that ''new way'' of listening to NiME should be with Tides between Minstrel and Curse and Doom between Final Chapter and Harvest, right?

So...

---
The Minstrel
Tides of War
The Curse of Feanor
Final Chapter
Doom
Harvest of Sorrow

priderock

#67 Post by priderock » 16 Oct 2018 15:59

Gorthaur wrote:
16 Oct 2018 14:56
I don't know if it's been answered or brainstormed already, but I was curious about new NiME timeline with Doom and Tides counted in. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe that ''new way'' of listening to NiME should be with Tides between Minstrel and Curse and Doom between Final Chapter and Harvest, right?

So...

---
The Minstrel
Tides of War
The Curse of Feanor
Final Chapter
Doom
Harvest of Sorrow
Yes, I really don't know why the songs are not in that order actually... I was really hoping to be included that way :roll:

JazzJackrabbit

#68 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 16 Oct 2018 17:01

They're bonus tracks and they should be kept as such IMO.

Dragonfly

#69 Post by Dragonfly » 16 Oct 2018 20:00

Yeah, that would break the flow of a classic record, such changes are rarely accepted easily by the audience. That would cause a lot of controversy I think. Although they could experiment a little bit and modify the tracklist on the remastered CD while keeping the original one intact. That would make sense I guess.

Gorthaur

#70 Post by Gorthaur » 16 Oct 2018 21:12

I'm fine with the classic order, ofc, just thought how to queue them up when listening at home :D

Warmoth

#71 Post by Warmoth » 29 Oct 2018 17:54

About the next 3 Albums, IFTOS, NiME & ANATO.

I was about to pre-order but I noticed there's way fewer color options for these LP's than the last albums. Especially on the US site. I'll probably get just black, but I don't wanna miss out on a cool splatter. Has there been anything said about the colors?

Dragonfly

#72 Post by Dragonfly » 29 Oct 2018 22:23

Warmoth wrote:
29 Oct 2018 17:54

I was about to pre-order but I noticed there's way fewer color options for these LP's than the last albums. Especially on the US site. I'll probably get just black, but I don't wanna miss out on a cool splatter. Has there been anything said about the colors?
It's three fancy colours per album plus standard black. Wasn't it the same for the first four albums?

Warmoth

#73 Post by Warmoth » 29 Oct 2018 22:59

Dragonfly wrote:
29 Oct 2018 22:23
Warmoth wrote:
29 Oct 2018 17:54

It's three fancy colours per album plus standard black. Wasn't it the same for the first four albums?
On the US site there was a black, a splatter style and 3 solid colors for each of the first 4 records (5 options total). It looked like Europe got half/half split colors in lieu of splatter? I can't confirm.

But on these three new ones, I see just plain black for each, and a random Yellow NATO.......unless the others have been sold out and removed?? I doubt that.

On nuclearblast.de I see black of each, along with 2 fancy colors for ANOT and NIME. Just 1 additional color for IFTOS.

Seems strangely inconsistent. Maybe a site error at the moment?

Dragonfly

#74 Post by Dragonfly » 30 Oct 2018 17:00

Either a site error or some editions have already sold out. The demand for vinyl editions must be pretty high, so that's possible. Especially for Imaginations and Nightfall.

Traveller in Time

#75 Post by Traveller in Time » 30 Oct 2018 21:42

as far as i know:

For Nime there is:
- Bi-Colour red/blue
- white
- neon orange

IFTOS:

- splatter silver/red
- white
- gold

ANATO:

- splatter blue/white
- blue
- yellow

and yeah they were sold out very quick. But less versions than the first 4 records and no US only, or did i miss something?

EDIT: https://media.nuclearblast.de/shoplandi ... ssues.html
Last edited by Traveller in Time on 01 Nov 2018 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

Warmoth

#76 Post by Warmoth » 31 Oct 2018 17:14

Damn, I didn't expect that.

When I placed my order for the first 4 it was pretty late. "Somewhere far Beyond" had said "Temporarily out of stock" (Splatter). I placed the order anyways, assuming I might get a message telling me there wouldn't be anymore splatters ever again, but instead I received them all.

Oh well. I'll get black on these.

Warmoth

#77 Post by Warmoth » 31 Oct 2018 17:23

I hope they'll sell some more of those Box Sleeves before they're done. I didn't get one, but this photo looks like it could fit several more records. Maybe 10 total? Did they already say what all was planned? I apologize for my speculation if so.

The box says 1988-2003, so I assume they're gonna squeeze everything from the Virgin era. The 2003 live album makes sense. But what about "Tokyo Tales"? They skipped over that one chronologically. Think we'll get "The Forgotten Tales"? Same scenario.

I feel like I need The 2003 Bard Song on Vinyl as well. Slip it onto "Forgotten Tales"? Or some other special collection?

Does anyone have the full photo that the spine artwork is building? I feel like I've seen it before (Dudes art all looks the same).

Traveller in Time

#78 Post by Traveller in Time » 04 Nov 2018 16:33

EMP has some coloured vinyls left.

As for the spine artwork, looks familiar to me but like you said you see this kind of art pretty regularly.

I guess it's the monk from Forgotten tales with the opened book and from left to right it is a timeline of the albums beginning with the chessboard of BOF....

priderock

#79 Post by priderock » 05 Nov 2018 11:59

Yeah, i also missed the Box Sleeves and hope to be in stock again... Anyway, I also need the 2003 Bard's Song on vinyl... It's maybe my favourite version, so hope it'll appear somewhere soon. the Forgotten Tales is a great option.

Max

#80 Post by Max » 06 Nov 2018 10:16

As for the Remixes,

I've bought double CDs BOF, FTB, TFTTW and SFB so far.
BOF and FTB are "almost" the same as 2007 remasters as inlets also say.
Happily on all CDs audio tags (remixed & original) for tiltle etc. (not that I cannot name any BG song !) but thats nicer than track XY.

As for the other ones.
The remixes remind of the MoaToC versions (sadly I cannot compare to the box set since I don't have a copy :-( ).
But those are not identical!

More over I believe Journey Through The Dark has an different ending text. Overdubbed over the refrain are some more lines I cannot recall right now.
Anyone noticed so far?

Further (as for everything past Thomens leave) the drums did lose some punch... On the other hand the songs really sound more clear and you can hear every instrument super clean without sounding too technical perfect.

I am really happy with the remixes and of course I gonna buy the rest too !
Follow the blind
Your journey, your last hope, it can begin
These passing dreams were real no fantasy
There are more things than we know
Come take my hand

Traveller in Time

#81 Post by Traveller in Time » 24 Nov 2018 01:00

Warmoth

#82 Post by Warmoth » 02 Dec 2018 10:44

I received the latest 3 records a few days ago, just now able to give them a spin.

"System's Failing" is pretty sweet. I'm not familiar with the original version. It's cool to hear something "new" featuring those harsh Hansi vocals from the IFtoS era. Awesome solo as well.

The "Doom" on NimE is different version than the one found on the Beyond the Red Mirror Earbook. Remixed, but also some of the lyrics have changed. Presumably to better fit the Silmarillion concept. Honestly, I really loved "Doom" before hand, so hearing it like this feels a little odd for now.

"Harvest of Sorrow" is on there, it's the "Acoustic" version, which I didn't even know existed. But I REALLY like this version (originally released on the Japanese version of "A Night at the Opera").

"The Tides of War" seems to be the same recording from the Rockhard Magazine, but definitely remixed.

Warmoth

#83 Post by Warmoth » 03 Dec 2018 00:43

Well, this is somewhat annoying. These clearly don't go together.
I ordered these all from the same place, but I think these last 3 may be imports? I'm not sure. I know that the first 4 were the special Splatter versions, these last 3 were regular black.

Hansi
Bard

#84 Post by Hansi » 03 Dec 2018 21:05

To Warmoth:
That is a pain.
You got the first four albums of the US-edition and the latest three are European Releases. Therefore the spine images does not work as it is supposed to work. The US-version for the latest three releases are still in pre-order status, I was told. NB-Germany still holds some units of the first four releases. I hope, this info will be of help, or at the very least makes sense to you somehow.

Warmoth

#85 Post by Warmoth » 04 Dec 2018 03:09

Thanks very much for the reply Hansi, it's as I thought then. It's a long shot, but I'll send a message to Nuclearblast and see if they'd swap me US versions when they receive them.

Warmoth

#86 Post by Warmoth » 15 Dec 2018 00:23

A little update, I returned these records, got a refund on the original purchase (...though, there was a non-reimbursable absurd shipping charge. Thanks USPS).

I placed a pre-order for replacements, which cost about $10 more than the ones listed previously. If you check the site now it shows a release date of Jan 25th. The limited splatter colors are there now (which I chose), as well as some others. However, plain black US versions are NOT LISTED.

They DO have some LPs listed in black (and an orange Nightfall in Middle Earth) that are noted as IMPORTS from Germany, and they're the original cheaper price. I'm not so sure that was indicated previously. Maybe it was and I was too excited and I missed it. Regardless, just a heads up to anyone else who may be intending to complete a set. Make sure you're getting them all matching!

Or if you don't care, take advantage of those (strangely) much (relatively) cheaper imports while they still have some.

Traveller in Time

#87 Post by Traveller in Time » 16 Dec 2018 10:06

I saw hat there is a baby-blue vinyl for nime and a red/yellow splatter anato vinyl, which are us imports. So now we have same Count of coloured releases for every
Album.